First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Remember Tomb Raider?
Posted 3/22/11
I grew up with the Tomb Raider games, watching my Dad and older Bro playing Final Fantasy and stuff on the PS1 I joined in too. TR is a nostalgic game for me, and I have fond memories of all the PS1 games, in my opinion it all went downhill once it got onto next gen except for Anniversary, that was a brilliant remake of the very first game. Not many people are fond of the game. Some even think the games came after the films which makes me facepalm every time. The films were shit. Anyway, now just wondering where she has disappeared off to, I came across this:

http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/tomb-raider-2011/news/new-tomb-raider-prequel-announced/a-2010120

I'm willing to give all new TR games a chance, but so far the only ones I've enjoyed are 1,2,3,4 and 5. There was also:

TR 6
TR: Legend
TR: Anniversary
TR: Underworld

and now there is this.
14714 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 3/29/11
Personally I fell off this train after the first one. I watched my buddy play the second but I couldn't get into it. I guess Laura just doesn't do anything for me.
1949 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Potters Bar England
Offline
Posted 3/30/11 , edited 3/30/11
The second one was one of my faviourite playstation 1 games. I've played all the other Tomb Raiders, some of which i liked but not as mush as that one.

Im very excited about the new one. It sounds like its going to be a bit different but that is probably a good thing!
22704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Behind you
Offline
Posted 3/30/11
I LOVE TOMB RAIDER!!!!! :DDDDD
14714 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 3/30/11
Am I really missing out?
12301 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Valhalla
Offline
Posted 3/31/11
I thought Lara was dead?
Or did they retcon that?
Posted 4/2/11

crush_dance wrote:

I thought Lara was dead?
Or did they retcon that?


She "died" in the 4th one falling from a pyramid at the end. The 5th one was TR: Chronicles which looked into her past but then she is shown to have survived and they went on to make TR 6: Angel of Darkness and TR: Legend. Aswell as 2 other releases. There are about 8 all together lol.
Posted 4/2/11
Tomb Raider ceased to really matter after the second game.
2340 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 4/2/11

Vixen929 wrote:

I LOVE TOMB RAIDER!!!!! :DDDDD

Same here.

14714 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 4/5/11

Chained_Angel wrote:


crush_dance wrote:

I thought Lara was dead?
Or did they retcon that?


She "died" in the 4th one falling from a pyramid at the end. The 5th one was TR: Chronicles which looked into her past but then she is shown to have survived and they went on to make TR 6: Angel of Darkness and TR: Legend. Aswell as 2 other releases. There are about 8 all together lol.


That sounds Fing retarded.
Just saying.
Posted 4/6/11

EmperorPaine wrote:


Chained_Angel wrote:


crush_dance wrote:

I thought Lara was dead?
Or did they retcon that?


She "died" in the 4th one falling from a pyramid at the end. The 5th one was TR: Chronicles which looked into her past but then she is shown to have survived and they went on to make TR 6: Angel of Darkness and TR: Legend. Aswell as 2 other releases. There are about 8 all together lol.


That sounds Fing retarded.
Just saying.


Whatever dude, your opinion. Like I said, not everyone likes the games, big deal.
14714 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 4/6/11

Chained_Angel wrote:


EmperorPaine wrote:


Chained_Angel wrote:


crush_dance wrote:

I thought Lara was dead?
Or did they retcon that?


She "died" in the 4th one falling from a pyramid at the end. The 5th one was TR: Chronicles which looked into her past but then she is shown to have survived and they went on to make TR 6: Angel of Darkness and TR: Legend. Aswell as 2 other releases. There are about 8 all together lol.


That sounds Fing retarded.
Just saying.


Whatever dude, your opinion. Like I said, not everyone likes the games, big deal.


Calm yourself child.
I merely was stating how she died yet magically survived sounded retarded.
I personally hate when games do that.
I've always felt a stronger impact from games when they had the courage to kill off their character.
Milking the cow to the point passed dry is never good.
Posted 4/7/11

EmperorPaine wrote:


Chained_Angel wrote:


EmperorPaine wrote:


Chained_Angel wrote:


crush_dance wrote:

I thought Lara was dead?
Or did they retcon that?


She "died" in the 4th one falling from a pyramid at the end. The 5th one was TR: Chronicles which looked into her past but then she is shown to have survived and they went on to make TR 6: Angel of Darkness and TR: Legend. Aswell as 2 other releases. There are about 8 all together lol.


That sounds Fing retarded.
Just saying.


Whatever dude, your opinion. Like I said, not everyone likes the games, big deal.


Calm yourself child.
I merely was stating how she died yet magically survived sounded retarded.
I personally hate when games do that.
I've always felt a stronger impact from games when they had the courage to kill off their character.
Milking the cow to the point passed dry is never good.


I am calm, I'm just saying too.
It wasn't magically. At the end of the 4th one you just see her clinging to a ledge trying to get up to save herself and then fall, but that's it. You don't see how far she falls and its revealed she clung to a ledge mid-fall and went to safety in the 5th one. Yeah I agree about the milking, past 5 they were all crap apart from the remake of the first one.
2241 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Elk Grove, CA
Offline
Posted 4/15/11
When I first heard that the Tomb Raider series is getting another reboot, I was both surprised and skeptical about this decision.

However, after learning of the plot, the gameplay mechanics and that Lara will be quite different than the previous incarnations, I decided to give the new game a chance when it comes out (though I'll probably play the demo first before making a final decision).
23663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Greece
Offline
Posted 7/1/11
I love TR, but the newest game surely sucks ass! I mean, take a look. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDMIGcXobxE WTF?!
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.