First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Children's Anime
17146 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Evergreen, Colora...
Offline
Posted 3/22/11 , edited 3/23/11
I tried to search for a duplicate, but I was unable to do so.

So, have you seen any Japanese children's movies?
Anime for children?
Read any children's manga?

If so, did you like any?
Can you recommend any for Japanese learning? (The reason being that they are more likely to speak slowly and use "easier" vocabulary during a children's movie).

I've seen Panda Go Panda, it's cute and easy to watch, and it's easy to recognize the word spoken. I have not read any children's manga, and I've only seen Japanese movies aimed at adults, like Tokyo Zombie and such.

Edit 1: If you're willing, please specify if it's a TV series, movie, (anime or live action), or manga. Thanks!
Edit 2: I'm referring to animes aimed at like 5 - 12 years old, elementary and middle school. G or PG rating, unless it's an exceptional manga, movie, or TV series, then it can still be considered children's anime even if it has some violence, sexual references, etc. Especially since Disney movies nowadays have plenty of both (Shrek anyone?).
66778 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Lagrange, KY
Offline
Posted 3/22/11

MelodieLenora wrote:

I tried to search for a duplicate, but I was unable to do so.

So, have you seen any Japanese children's movies?
Anime for children?
Read any children's manga?

If so, did you like any?
Can you recommend any for Japanese learning? (The reason being that they are more likely to speak slowly and use "easier" vocabulary during a children's movie).

I've seen Panda Go Panda, it's cute and easy to watch, and it's easy to recognize the word spoken. I have not read any children's manga, and I've only seen Japanese movies aimed at adults, like Tokyo Zombie and such.


card captor sakura is a pretty good example of children's anime, "it was originally targeted towards girls 7-13" but well i like it to. hmm another great child's anime and manga that is solely meant for kids "i sitll enjoy it" is called Binchō-tan it's really really cute and relaxing to watch and nothing bad goes on so you can watch it with young kids.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binch%C5%8D-tan_%28manga%29
62495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / M / Champaign, IL
Offline
Posted 3/22/11
Erin, here on Crunchyroll is a fine anime for kids. It might be a little scary for the real young ones, especially when
but it is accessible to kids and good for adults too. My 9 year-old daughter and I have been watching it. Also, many of the Studio Ghibli shows are very good anime for kids.
17146 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Evergreen, Colora...
Offline
Posted 3/22/11

Zensunni wrote:

Erin, here on Crunchyroll is a fine anime for kids. It might be a little scary for the real young ones, especially when
but it is accessible to kids and good for adults too. My 9 year-old daughter and I have been watching it. Also, many of the Studio Ghibli shows are very good anime for kids.


I agree, my son will sometimes be willing to watch certain animes aimed at adults, like Studio Ghibli. In fact, I'm torrenting the Ghibli films as we speak... err, type.
Kiki's Customer Support Service
Kiki 
100408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Nova Scotia
Offline
Posted 3/22/11
-Pokemon
-Digimon
-Sailormoon
-Card Caprtors Sakura
-Monster Rancher
-Hamtaro
-shamon king
-beyblade
-Mew Mew Power (Tokyo Mew Mew)
-zatch bell
-doraemon
-Zoids

That's all I can think of at the moment x__x
54051 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / M / Close to the Edge...
Offline
Posted 3/22/11
If you check J-list (google it) you should be able to find material especially targeted to early readers, including flash cards, instructional books and manga. There is also a DS cart for learning spoken Japanese.

As far as children's manga Doremon should have some collections available (Lord knows there're enough episodes on Youtube) Dr. Slump may also be worth importing. There was a fansub group that Naruto fans probably know well that was working on a live (puppet) kid's show.

Hope that helps
9312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Over there
Offline
Posted 3/22/11 , edited 3/22/11
Oh it`s here this thread is, was away for abit before answering and thought it was another forum when I got back :P

I`ve seen:
Sprited Away, loved it.
Howl`s Moving Castle, loved it.
Dark Side Cat (little series, was pretty cool. Can be found on here)
Irregular Hunter X: The Day of Sigma (Megaman is awesome)
Rockman Hoshi ni Negai wo (same as above)
Piano no Mori, it was pretty good.

And I`m gonna watch:
Ocean Waves
Mari Iyagi
Iblard Jikan
Kiki's Delivery Service
Only Yesterday
Piano
And more.

Oh yeah and:
Beyblade in norwegian (been trying to find this in japanese, but I`ve only found in stupid sounding american :P).
Pokèmon in norwegian.
Sonic X in both norwegian and japanese.
And Digimon of course, in norwegian.
17146 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Evergreen, Colora...
Offline
Posted 3/22/11 , edited 3/22/11

RevueFu wrote:

If you check J-list (google it) you should be able to find material especially targeted to early readers, including flash cards, instructional books and manga. There is also a DS cart for learning spoken Japanese.

As far as children's manga Doremon should have some collections available (Lord knows there're enough episodes on Youtube) Dr. Slump may also be worth importing. There was a fansub group that Naruto fans probably know well that was working on a live (puppet) kid's show.

Hope that helps


I have roughly 30 or so Japanese language books, they can get a bit dry at times, I just want something fun and interesting to "supplement", so to speak. I'm not the type of person that thinks you can learn Japanese solely by watching anime, lol.

24155 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 3/22/11
Yugioh seems to hit big internationally.
23034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / boys locker room
Offline
Posted 3/22/11
I'm gonna assume you mean real children's anime, not shonen or seinen. The only ones I can think of are Panyo Panyo Di Gi Charat and My Melody. They're cute, but too sparkly for my taste.
67345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Glendale, AZ
Offline
Posted 3/22/11
While the most violent moments are PG-13, Erin I would equate to a rather strong PG rating overall.
66778 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Lagrange, KY
Offline
Posted 3/22/11

Kippu wrote:

-Pokemon
-Digimon
-Sailormoon
-Card Caprtors Sakura
-Monster Rancher
-Hamtaro
-shamon king
-beyblade
-Mew Mew Power (Tokyo Mew Mew)
-zatch bell
-doraemon
-Zoids

That's all I can think of at the moment x__x


well i mostly agree some of those are the cut down English aired for tv versions, the uncut sailor moon has death "a human was killed, incest :her brother likes sailor moon but doesn't relaize it his older sister, sailor Uranus and Neptune where lovers not cousins that just made it hotter however,and the fact the last season was not aired due to cross dressing etc". Also zatch bell was called "gash bell" in japan but agian they had to censor the fact that zatch/gash never wore any pants "blezzbub" and the name gash is a sexual term they had to change because it's an old sexual slang word for the well lips of a woman's well you know.... hmm that's about it really.
Kiki's Customer Support Service
Kiki 
100408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Nova Scotia
Offline
Posted 3/22/11

Cecilthedarkknight234 wrote:

well i mostly agree some of those are the cut down English aired for tv versions, the uncut sailor moon has death "a human was killed, incest :her brother likes sailor moon but doesn't relaize it his older sister, sailor Uranus and Neptune where lovers not cousins that just made it hotter however,and the fact the last season was not aired due to cross dressing etc". Also zatch bell was called "gash bell" in japan but agian they had to censor the fact that zatch/gash never wore any pants "blezzbub" and the name gash is a sexual term they had to change because it's an old sexual slang word for the well lips of a woman's well you know.... hmm that's about it really.


Let's also not forget card captors Sakura. I heard when I was a kid, that her best friend, Madison had feelings for Sakura. Hence the reason why she always video taped her. o__o


Hmm..need to rewatch some of these but uncut and subbed.
897 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 3/22/11
A partial list of what I've seen:
Card Captor Sakura
Zatch Bell
Akazukin Chacha
Mahoujin Guru Guru
Detective Conan

I'm sure I could throw a lot of other stuff on that list but I'm gonna be lazy and leave it at that. As far as learning japanese from anime I really wouldn't recommend it. You might be able to pick up a few words or phrases but unless its specifically trying to teach you japanese it would be really hard to pick up on grammar or sentence structure unless you already have an understanding of it.
4246 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Leaf village
Offline
Posted 3/23/11
i liked Pokemon, Digimon, Dragonball, when i was little, and i like Shinchan and Doraemon. Hamtaro was really sweet, too. Cardcaptor Sakura. I love UFO Baby.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.