First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Spring 2011 Lineup: My Ordinary Life, Ore-tachi Tsubasa wa Nai, & Astarotte's Toy
20599 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
163-00211
Offline
Posted 3/30/11
I am loving the looks of them all so far.
65678 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 3/30/11

TheAncientOne wrote:
Did you mean you have problems at TAN or ANN? The Anime Network is the one I expect will get Hidan no Aria, not Anime News Network (which may be out of the simulcast market for now).

FYI, TAN having started to make some of their programming available on Hulu, but that has not included any simulcasts (at the time they are being simulcast).



I meant ANN when I was referring to the difficulties watching. I have no problems with TAN, although the streaming for HQ episodes seems a bit slower than on CR.


----

On another note, given the nature of some of the shows being picked up this season (and previous seasons) by CR, does anyone else think their should be a mature audience warning or even a parental filter for some younger viewers? With Astarotte's Toy, we have a 10-year old girl who has to collect a harem to have enough semen for her to survive and plent of loli nudity and fanservice too (and it's not just the drawing style, the character is supposed to be only 10). Is that something people really want kids to have easy access to watch? With Premium Membership, it would be easy to implement a system like that (especially if a parent is paying for their child to be able to watch shows like Naruto, etc.), but perhaps shows that have too much adult content should also only be available to actual users of CR... not just anyone who wants to watch it after the week passes and it is available to anyone. A lot of damage could be done to the anime and manga community if a strict parent saw their child watching a show with the kind of content in Lotte, or several other worse scenarios I can think of but won't name here.

Once upon a time, if a character in an anime was nude or involved in a sexual situation, the distributors in the US would automatically change their age to 18, regardless of what it was in the original Japanese version of the show. We have parental advisories on manga and buyers need to be the appropriate age to purchase certain manga.... It's just all too easy for the wrong type of person or a kid to stumble into watching something that they shouldn't. In the wrong hands, it could be disastrous and completely reverse the progress that has been made with simulcasting. :-/

Just my two (very long) cents.
The Wise Wizard
74728 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 3/30/11

killbethy wrote:
I meant ANN when I was referring to the difficulties watching. I have no problems with TAN, although the streaming for HQ episodes seems a bit slower than on CR.

TAN does use a significantly higher bit rate than Crunchyroll for HD video. The shows I have checked clocked in at an average of close to 2.5 megabits per second. I read elsewhere the momentary data rate can burst much higher, which would explain the problems my 5Mbps DSL connection has with scenes with long segments with high movement (i.e., OP of Canaan or Infinite Stratos).




----

On another note, given the nature of some of the shows being picked up this season (and previous seasons) by CR, does anyone else think their should be a mature audience warning or even a parental filter for some younger viewers? With Astarotte's Toy, we have a 10-year old girl who has to collect a harem to have enough semen for her to survive and plent of loli nudity and fanservice too (and it's not just the drawing style, the character is supposed to be only 10). Is that something people really want kids to have easy access to watch? With Premium Membership, it would be easy to implement a system like that (especially if a parent is paying for their child to be able to watch shows like Naruto, etc.), but perhaps shows that have too much adult content should also only be available to actual users of CR... not just anyone who wants to watch it after the week passes and it is available to anyone. A lot of damage could be done to the anime and manga community if a strict parent saw their child watching a show with the kind of content in Lotte, or several other worse scenarios I can think of but won't name here.

Once upon a time, if a character in an anime was nude or involved in a sexual situation, the distributors in the US would automatically change their age to 18, regardless of what it was in the original Japanese version of the show. We have parental advisories on manga and buyers need to be the appropriate age to purchase certain manga.... It's just all too easy for the wrong type of person or a kid to stumble into watching something that they shouldn't. In the wrong hands, it could be disastrous and completely reverse the progress that has been made with simulcasting. :-/

Just my two (very long) cents.


Despite the salacious description for the series, everything I have seen from those familiar with the manga points toward it being much less so. It seems clear it is nothing approaching the level of Seikon no Qwaser, for example, or even Kodomo no Jikan for that matter.

Currently, Crunchyroll does have age restrictions on shows that need it (i.e., Queen's Blade), although it seems that getting around it is as easy lying about your birthdate when you enter it. To be fair, however, it is the same with Hulu for mature rated content, and most porn sites only have you click a button to indicate if you are over or under 18.

61001 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Who knows
Offline
Posted 3/30/11

TheAncientOne wrote:


a-and-y wrote:

So much anime arrives to CR. Yet WHERE IS D. GRAY-MAN?!?! I think it really deserves to be on CR

Sorry, that one is licensed by Funimation.



@!#$@#.........that explains why it's not on here ...
65678 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 3/30/11

a-and-y wrote:


TheAncientOne wrote:


a-and-y wrote:

So much anime arrives to CR. Yet WHERE IS D. GRAY-MAN?!?! I think it really deserves to be on CR

Sorry, that one is licensed by Funimation.



@!#$@#.........that explains why it's not on here ...


You can watch it for free (with advertisements) on the funimation website: http://www4.funimation.com/video/?page=show&b=26

So far they only have season one up (episodes 1 - 51) with subs, and episodes 1 -4 dubbed.

Enjoy!

75439 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 3/30/11

killbethy wrote:


TheAncientOne wrote:
Did you mean you have problems at TAN or ANN? The Anime Network is the one I expect will get Hidan no Aria, not Anime News Network (which may be out of the simulcast market for now).

FYI, TAN having started to make some of their programming available on Hulu, but that has not included any simulcasts (at the time they are being simulcast).



I meant ANN when I was referring to the difficulties watching. I have no problems with TAN, although the streaming for HQ episodes seems a bit slower than on CR.


----

On another note, given the nature of some of the shows being picked up this season (and previous seasons) by CR, does anyone else think their should be a mature audience warning or even a parental filter for some younger viewers? With Astarotte's Toy, we have a 10-year old girl who has to collect a harem to have enough semen for her to survive and plent of loli nudity and fanservice too (and it's not just the drawing style, the character is supposed to be only 10). Is that something people really want kids to have easy access to watch? With Premium Membership, it would be easy to implement a system like that (especially if a parent is paying for their child to be able to watch shows like Naruto, etc.), but perhaps shows that have too much adult content should also only be available to actual users of CR... not just anyone who wants to watch it after the week passes and it is available to anyone. A lot of damage could be done to the anime and manga community if a strict parent saw their child watching a show with the kind of content in Lotte, or several other worse scenarios I can think of but won't name here.

Once upon a time, if a character in an anime was nude or involved in a sexual situation, the distributors in the US would automatically change their age to 18, regardless of what it was in the original Japanese version of the show. We have parental advisories on manga and buyers need to be the appropriate age to purchase certain manga.... It's just all too easy for the wrong type of person or a kid to stumble into watching something that they shouldn't. In the wrong hands, it could be disastrous and completely reverse the progress that has been made with simulcasting. :-/

Just my two (very long) cents.


I've read a little bit of the Lotte manga and from the few chapter's I've read it's basically a fantasy version of Hayate no Gotoku.






61001 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Who knows
Offline
Posted 3/30/11

killbethy wrote:


a-and-y wrote:


TheAncientOne wrote:


a-and-y wrote:

So much anime arrives to CR. Yet WHERE IS D. GRAY-MAN?!?! I think it really deserves to be on CR

Sorry, that one is licensed by Funimation.



@!#$@#.........that explains why it's not on here ...


You can watch it for free (with advertisements) on the funimation website: http://www4.funimation.com/video/?page=show&b=26

So far they only have season one up (episodes 1 - 51) with subs, and episodes 1 -4 dubbed.

Enjoy!



Thanks! But I've already watched the whole season multiple times XD I just thought it deserved to be on CR. Thanks anyways though!
2489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / places
Offline
Posted 3/31/11
My Ordinary Life and Astarotte's Toy is so LOLI. *u*
2489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / places
Offline
Posted 3/31/11
Let's just hope that Ore-tachi Ni Tsubasa wa Nai does not turn out to be some pointless girly anime like Fortune Arterial and animes like that kinda stuff. I strongly dislike harem anime with a poor plot. Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka is a harem kind of anime, but it worked because of its intriguing plot. Fortune Arterial didn't work; I wasted my time watching at least 6 episodes and the plot did not progress any further (it was all random happenings, no sense of progressing any how), the series just got lucky by making all these cutesy characters. -.-
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.