First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
What is the most overrated anime ever?
3065 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / library
Offline
Posted 5/5/11

Xanxus-san wrote:


ginkou-san wrote:

Haruhi Suzumiya is overrated to me =S started to watch because of its overrating (yeahh....) and did not find it amusing.

Naruto and Bleach... since i dont watch them, um... but i still think they ARE overrated. go read manga already.

Reborn is into the topic's category. it's like, it became more popular since it's airing on SEA Animax, but to me the firsts episodes are boring =S


What? Reborn? ITS BEST ANIME EVA!!! Yeah, first episodes are weak and boring. SO just drop it! Many ones here on CR didn't watch it yet, and they won' bcuz of u!!!


ehh did u say 'drop it'? so are u supporting Reborn or not? =S
i did say it was boring, but it's only me. many of my friends like Reborn but i just dont understand. and i also said it's popular in Animax channel. perhaps ppl who don't watch to make sure with their own eyes wether it's good or not are ppl who are not anime lovers =S
Posted 5/5/11
Dragon ball z . Or One peace. I don't understand why everybody likes them.
28 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
United States
Offline
Posted 5/5/11
LUCKY STAR. That show was so boring. I'm not trying to be mean to the people who do like it, but that was the WORST show I've ever seen.

There's also Haruhi, Death Note, Naruto (all of that stupid series...), Bleach... You know...
1475 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / ~Crystal Tokyo~
Offline
Posted 5/5/11 , edited 5/5/11
Kaichou wa Maid Sama - I don't get why this is so popular. I read the first chapter of it, and it seemed like every other shoujo I read before. Main girl is bossy and gets mad at the main guy a lot, and the main guy just takes it and messes with her. I'm so confused...

K-On! - So...?

How can my younger sister be this cute?! (or something like that) - It was kinda meh in my opinion. Didn't keep my attention for that long.

Haruhi Suzumiya - Yeah I agree with this. What's happening in the story just isn't that interesting. And how do people like Haruhi?
Posted 5/6/11
K-On! hands down.
28 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Netherlands
Offline
Posted 5/9/11

Otaku2012 wrote:


Fursure wrote:

You can say Death note is overrated, but saying that it sux as well.. Why? Would you please explain?

I like many here will also say Bleach is overrated. Of course the populair anime (Bleach, Naruto, One piece) are anime you would call overrated faster than less populair anime. Because of the expectations, but to me Bleach really has been the worst of those.


Well, here is the thing. Being popular doesn’t mean being liked. I for one thing Death note SUCKS because its boring and not Unique like Saikano, Clannad, Grave of the Fireflies, ect... Death Note, Naruto, and Bleach, IN AMERICA, is popular because it aired on Cartoon Network. Anime that air on Cartoon Network will end up being popular. What I am saying is, if an anime like, Clannad aired on Cartoon Network it would be so popular, it would be talked about on EVERY website that has an anime topic, such as bleach, Naruto, Death Note, ect.. is. You can air the shittiest anime ever aired in Japan, and air it on the Cartoon Network, and it will become popular. A lot of American Anime fans don’t know good anime. I for one, truly think a lot of American anime fans are morons. I studied recently about Death Note in Japan, it received more popularity(in terms of award nominations and other stuff) than in Japan.

Japanese people like cute things, americans like violent things. Thats why Death note, Bleach, and Naruto are so damn popular in America. In closing, a lot of American Anime fans wouldn’t know good anime if it butt fucked them from behind and left its ID laying on their chest.


If people do not like it, people will not watch it. So I do think an populair anime is an liked anime. Wich to me means that you cannot just air any anime show on cartoon network and it will become populair, if it's shit it will not be populair.

About death note. What do you mean by it not being unique? I cannot name five anime that are very much alike, could you name five for me? It being boring? In what way? Not enough action? The story was seriously boring you?

The award thing you said, do you mean death note received more rewards in the U.S.A. than Japan? I would not be suprised by that. First of all there are way more anime aired in Japan, therefore the chance death note wins a lot of awards in Japan is smaller than in the U.S.A. where only a handfull is being aired every year. Secondly like you already said, two different countries so two different cultures. That's why Death note might be a more populair anime in the U.S.A. than Japan, because of the difference in culture.

Your last part.. What might be a good anime in your eyes, is not the standard for all people. So you saying that american anime fans do not know what a good anime is, is simply not true. Everyone has a different definition of what a GOOD anime is.

Btw I hope you do not think I'm an american, because I'm not.
118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Online
Posted 5/9/11
I have to say Cowboy Bebop on this one.
16897 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Chesapeake, VA
Offline
Posted 5/10/11

Fursure wrote:

If people do not like it, people will not watch it. So I do think an populair anime is an liked anime. Wich to me means that you cannot just air any anime show on cartoon network and it will become populair, if it's shit it will not be populair.

About death note. What do you mean by it not being unique? I cannot name five anime that are very much alike, could you name five for me? It being boring? In what way? Not enough action? The story was seriously boring you?

The award thing you said, do you mean death note received more rewards in the U.S.A. than Japan? I would not be suprised by that. First of all there are way more anime aired in Japan, therefore the chance death note wins a lot of awards in Japan is smaller than in the U.S.A. where only a handfull is being aired every year. Secondly like you already said, two different countries so two different cultures. That's why Death note might be a more populair anime in the U.S.A. than Japan, because of the difference in culture.

Your last part.. What might be a good anime in your eyes, is not the standard for all people. So you saying that american anime fans do not know what a good anime is, is simply not true. Everyone has a different definition of what a GOOD anime is.

Btw I hope you do not think I'm an american, because I'm not.


Ok, Popular doesn’t mean anything if it sucks. From what I’m taking from what you are saying is that if it’s popular it’s good? That would mean the most popular anime has the highest rating right? If you think that, you are wrong. Let’s take an example from My Anime List:

Top 3 Highest Rated Anime (Rating here):

1) Gintama(9.40)
2) Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (9.19)
3) Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu(9.13)

Now lets look at the Top 3 most popular anime(Rating here):

1) Death Note(8.84)
2) Bleach(7.87)
3) Fullmetal Alchemist(8.58)

Now look at that. Do you see any of the popular anime in the top 3 highest rated anime? No. Now look at Bleach. It got a 7.87, which for an anime not worth spending too much time or money on. It is rated 2nd in popularity even though its rating is lower compared #1 and #3. Popularity doesn’t mean it’s the best or even is my point and that is a fact supported by those ratings.
Posted 5/10/11

hxkclan wrote:

I have to say Cowboy Bebop on this one.


omg... i've been trying to watch it because of all the hype but i just cant. its waaay too boring.
4446 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 5/10/11
Naruto, Bleach, Yu-Gi-Oh, and Dragonball Z (waaaay too much filler and yeah Dragonball Z Kai is supposed to get rid of it but why didn't they just start it off like that in the first place???)
Posted 5/12/11
Evangelion and Haruhi.
10 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 5/12/11
People keep saying bleach is overrated, but people need to understand what overrated means.
Bleach was once really popular and was actually not that bad, it soon went to boarderline stupid to completely stupid, and most people will agree with me. So bleach sucks and soo many people think it sucks, how is that overrated? i mean who still reads bleach? I try to read the new chapters but 2 pages in and i get bored.

2307 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / in the blllluuuee...
Offline
Posted 5/12/11
well family guy is not an anime but yup overrrated it is...and that short anime school days...those girls were so depressing !!!!
28 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Netherlands
Offline
Posted 5/14/11

Otaku2012 wrote:


Fursure wrote:

If people do not like it, people will not watch it. So I do think an populair anime is an liked anime. Wich to me means that you cannot just air any anime show on cartoon network and it will become populair, if it's shit it will not be populair.

About death note. What do you mean by it not being unique? I cannot name five anime that are very much alike, could you name five for me? It being boring? In what way? Not enough action? The story was seriously boring you?

The award thing you said, do you mean death note received more rewards in the U.S.A. than Japan? I would not be suprised by that. First of all there are way more anime aired in Japan, therefore the chance death note wins a lot of awards in Japan is smaller than in the U.S.A. where only a handfull is being aired every year. Secondly like you already said, two different countries so two different cultures. That's why Death note might be a more populair anime in the U.S.A. than Japan, because of the difference in culture.

Your last part.. What might be a good anime in your eyes, is not the standard for all people. So you saying that american anime fans do not know what a good anime is, is simply not true. Everyone has a different definition of what a GOOD anime is.

Btw I hope you do not think I'm an american, because I'm not.


Ok, Popular doesn’t mean anything if it sucks. From what I’m taking from what you are saying is that if it’s popular it’s good? That would mean the most popular anime has the highest rating right? If you think that, you are wrong. Let’s take an example from My Anime List:

Top 3 Highest Rated Anime (Rating here):

1) Gintama(9.40)
2) Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (9.19)
3) Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu(9.13)

Now lets look at the Top 3 most popular anime(Rating here):

1) Death Note(8.84)
2) Bleach(7.87)
3) Fullmetal Alchemist(8.58)

Now look at that. Do you see any of the popular anime in the top 3 highest rated anime? No. Now look at Bleach. It got a 7.87, which for an anime not worth spending too much time or money on. It is rated 2nd in popularity even though its rating is lower compared #1 and #3. Popularity doesn’t mean it’s the best or even is my point and that is a fact supported by those ratings.


Like I said, for an anime to be populair it needs to be LIKED. For an anime to be liked, it doesn't need to be amazing. But not every anime can become populair, ofcourse it has to be above average. Look at those numbers you gave me. Are you saying those aren't above average ratings, the populair anime got?

1) Death Note(8.84)
2) Bleach(7.87)
3) Fullmetal Alchemist(8.58)

Look at the Top favorite anime at MAL, in the top 10 there are a lot of populair anime Death note, Bleach, One piece, Code geass, FMA, Naruto shippuuden.

If people think those are average or crappy anime when they compare them with the other anime they watch or have watched. Why would they put them as their favorite shows than? They only make an anime their favorite, if they think it's good.

Just saying, something can be overrated but that doesn't mean it has to suck, it can still be pretty good or even very good.
Posted 5/15/11

TheNethy wrote:

Gosick. Apparently it was so populer in japan that it got its second seasons approved early and that is why it's running 26 episodes. it's also very hyped here to. Don't get me wrong I think it's a good anime but not THAT good.


and then there's the normal ones: Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Gintama and Hitman Reborn.

and a few others: K-ON, Belzebub (or W/E it's called), Hen Zemmi, Nichijou.


It's got a gothic lolita as the main character. What do you expect?


I think all anime is overrated *dodges tomatoes* but since I have to pick, I pick Lucky Star. It's tedious...Most mainstream titles are the same way (Even the ones I enjoy...They're good, sometimes even meaningful, but not the world's greatest...)

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.