First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Most Underrated anime?
16405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 4/2/11

wiremuse wrote:

This is more of a list of underrated shows in my opinion of course than a de-facto "single most underrated"

Key the Metal Idol,
Texhnolyze,
Haibane Renmei,
Kaiba,
NieA_7,
Arjuna,
Dennou Coil,
Now and Then Here and There,
Boogiepop Phantom,
Please Save My Earth,
Crest of Stars/Banner of the Stars,
Infinite Ryvius
AD Police Files (the OVAs)

May be worth mentioning:

Toward the Terra
Futatsu no Spica
Flag
Tweeny Witches (Mahou Shoujo Tai Arisu)
Megazone 23
Gunbuster (original and the newer version)
Dirty Pair (original series)
12 Kingdoms (anime is good the novels are superior, they're being published in english now)
Saiunkoku Monogatari
Zegapain (this turned out to be something i wasn't expecting)
Last Exile (all be it this did get a lot of exposure)
Wolfs Rain,


This is the best list I've seen so far.

P.S. I totally forgot about Haibane Renmei, NieA_7, and Boogiepop Phantom. They are all really good animes.
34248 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Between the signa...
Offline
Posted 4/2/11

Blackbirdxxx wrote:

another one was A Cheeky Angel... ..


I have to agree with that one. It was actually rather decent despite all the filler.
1251 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 4/2/11
Another anime I consider underrated is Genocyber, most rate it as just a plot-less gore-fest, it might be due to it's affiliation with M.D. Geist. It's quite a shame really, since Elfen Lied became popular(yet controversial) for it's violence but this stays in the shadows. Genocyber is actually pretty good(horrible voice-acting aside) . It tells the story of a young girl named "Elaine Reed", who is forcefully manipulated by science and her life changes forever. She must face her own internal memories, as well as those who could plunge the world into destruction. Sooner, man becomes too greedy and in the end, the world is nearly destroyed because of his arrogance and his miscalculation of his own intellect, and that he brought Genocyber into the world. It is told in five seperate OVAs(three different stories), although the last two are nothing special, but the first three are really good. I was choking up watching the first OVA(so sad), not to mention the Mecha designs are awesome.



22514 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Behind you
Offline
Posted 4/2/11
The original Saint Seiya.
430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Scotland, UK
Offline
Posted 4/3/11


If you know what this is then you are awesome.
12271 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Anime world...
Offline
Posted 4/4/11

miserykitsune wrote:

Kino's journey.I know I go on about it a lot but it really is amazing.But too short.


so true~!
32346 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 4/4/11

DBZAOTA482 wrote:

Another anime I consider underrated is Genocyber, most rate it as just a plot-less gore-fest, it might be due to it's affiliation with M.D. Geist. It's quite a shame really, since Elfen Lied became popular(yet controversial) for it's violence but this stays in the shadows. Genocyber is actually pretty good(horrible voice-acting aside) . It tells the story of a young girl named "Elaine Reed", who is forcefully manipulated by science and her life changes forever. She must face her own internal memories, as well as those who could plunge the world into destruction. Sooner, man becomes too greedy and in the end, the world is nearly destroyed because of his arrogance and his miscalculation of his own intellect, and that he brought Genocyber into the world. It is told in five seperate OVAs(three different stories), although the last two are nothing special, but the first three are really good. I was choking up watching the first OVA(so sad), not to mention the Mecha designs are awesome.




Amazed somebody else likes this one. I still have my original VHS of the episodes with the horrible dub on it XD later thankfully i acquired the DVD boxed set with the original Japanese on it which is slightly more bareable. I also tracked down the CD single of "Fairy Dreaming" because i always loved that ending theme.
Posted 4/4/11 , edited 4/4/11
The Twelve Kingdoms.

Even my relatives (who normally don't care about anime) watch the episodes aired on TV. It's THAT good. Brings back memories of my childhood... And the closing song... man, I loved that song..
270 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/4/11
Would say Saiyuki, quite popular when it was released actually but not all the viewers grab the metaphor behind it.
The quality of the anime sucks anyway, the manga is much more beautiful and deep.
KINO NO TABI. Beautiful, and thought-provoking. Really.
Technolyze (don't really know how to write it)
Getbackers is underrated? Sucks then, it's really, really good!!
270 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/4/11
and Gunslinger Girl!! This is seriously beautiful, the artwork seriously simple yet so vivid.
I find the story a provoking, I really hope they can animate the continuation of the manga too!
52969 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/4/11
Naruto kiddin'.

the 'boboboboobobo' something x)

black cat, it's good but many doesn't know it.
The Wise Wizard
100935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 4/4/11

KatSerEst wrote:

The Twelve Kingdoms.

Even my relatives (who normally don't care about anime) watch the episodes aired on TV. It's THAT good. Brings back memories of my childhood... And the closing song... man, I loved that song..

This was one of those series where I was not very impressed by the first few episodes, but by the end of the 45 episodes I was thinking, "That was too short!".

It is a prime example of why I shake my head every time I read a message from someone saying they drop an anime series after the first episode if it doesn't "grab" them.



kgfj wrote:

and Gunslinger Girl!! This is seriously beautiful, the artwork seriously simple yet so vivid.
I find the story a provoking, I really hope they can animate the continuation of the manga too!

Are you including Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino-? I noted the artwork on it was a noticeable step down from the first series.

42278 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 4/4/11
-Hakushaku to Yosei
-Major
-Tenshi na Konamaiki
270 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/5/11
Yes, it was such a let down. But I'm still hoping that they can animate the continuation with the same quality as the predecessor.
It's just my hope, but man can dream right
Luumu 
6113 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Chicago
Offline
Posted 4/6/11
Mushi-shi never seems as though it gets the credit it so truly deserves.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.