First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Impressions on Hana-saku Iroha
22749 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Here
Offline
Posted 4/3/11
Synopsis:
Ohana Matsumae is sent to live with her grandmother, who she has never met nor spoken to, at her Taisho-era (1920s) hot springs inn. It's not a lifestyle that Ohana would have chosen, but she decidesnot to be discouraged and to make the most of her new circumstances.

I thought it was beautiful both the character design and the art in general.. The story is interesting enough to want to see more.. Lets see how it goes. I give it a 5/5

If this is a duplicate, then lock please~
672 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M
Offline
Posted 4/3/11
I liked the PVs very much, they were very nicely done. Just based on that it seems to me that the team is putting a great effort on this anime. The art, the music, the voiceovers... I found them very well done. Hopefully the storyline will be interesting. At least the premise of the story looks good. With the little information I have, I think this one looks to be one of the best this season. I'm looking forward to it.
70370 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 4/3/11 , edited 4/3/11
I didn't expect too much from it, but the first ep was great. If it wasn't for Gintama' I'd label this as a candidate for anime of the season already...
39716 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / Reno, NV, USA
Offline
Posted 4/3/11
I'd never even heard of this title until CR announced it, but I've very good feelings about this one. I agree with the above. The characters and story buildup have gripped me, and I'm eagerly awaiting more. This looks to be a really good one.
66621 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 4/3/11
seem to be down to earth and I can actually to relate to some the characters on some level, it's very pretty to look at as well and the grandma well I like her she is stuck in the old tradition sense in japan but that's what makes her more believable as a character.
74359 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/3/11
Of the stuff I've seen so far This one is the best. The art is good, the characters are excellent and the writing is well paced.

Her Mom and her Grandma seem like polar opposites. I think the Grandmother is judging Ohana based on her mother, which is natural considering they have never met before this. I got a sense that she really surprised the old woman at the end, that stepping forward like that is something her mother would never have done at that age.

Really eager to watch things develop.
114130 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / in a world where...
Offline
Posted 4/3/11
i sense nothing bad about it but there doesnt seem to be much to keep my interest other than Chiaki Omigawa always loved her voice acting
17888 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 4/3/11

Greylurker wrote:

Of the stuff I've seen so far This one is the best. The art is good, the characters are excellent and the writing is well paced.

Her Mom and her Grandma seem like polar opposites. I think the Grandmother is judging Ohana based on her mother, which is natural considering they have never met before this. I got a sense that she really surprised the old woman at the end, that stepping forward like that is something her mother would never have done at that age.

Really eager to watch things develop.


Or the other way around... That could be just how her mother acted and why the grandmother disowned her in the first place.
Did you not listen to all the bad roomers the grandmother created about her own daughter. I see the grandmother as a old uptight bitch who has to have control over everyone and everything or she snaps.
gorbal 
44827 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
66 / F / Portland Maine
Offline
Posted 4/3/11
This show is a breath of fresh air. It has beautiful characters, a great atmosphere and it feels like spring.
430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Scotland, UK
Offline
Posted 4/3/11
It's absolutely beautiful. I'm not even that big on slice-of-life but I LOVED the first episode. I wonder if P.A Works will be able to make it better than Angel Beats!
66621 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 4/3/11

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


Greylurker wrote:

Of the stuff I've seen so far This one is the best. The art is good, the characters are excellent and the writing is well paced.

Her Mom and her Grandma seem like polar opposites. I think the Grandmother is judging Ohana based on her mother, which is natural considering they have never met before this. I got a sense that she really surprised the old woman at the end, that stepping forward like that is something her mother would never have done at that age.

Really eager to watch things develop.


Or the other way around... That could be just how her mother acted and why the grandmother disowned her in the first place.
Did you not listen to all the bad roomers the grandmother created about her own daughter. I see the grandmother as a old uptight bitch who has to have control over everyone and everything or she snaps.


i think the grandmother though is stuck in more of the traditional ways to be honest with you that's the sense i go from here. My grand mother was the same way, "never disowned my mother" but she was uptight and didn't show any emotion at all, I am just speaking IMO so hmmm there is no telling though how it will turn out, and I thank god it's not another adult visual novel adaption.
44071 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Arnold Maryland
Offline
Posted 4/3/11 , edited 4/3/11
Wow, this might just be the anime of the season.......unless Gintama is coming out this season....which Im not quite sure.


I love Slice of Life animes like this....actually....this might be a first of its kind for me.


I love the atmosphere, the characters seem alright, and it seems this is going to be a pretty good show.

I think its obvious that the Grandmother is actually very kind. She is making sure her granddaughter doesnt grow up to be like her daughter.

She is instilling the work ethic into her, and thats a good thing, those are one of those lessons you will just look back on and realize it was for the best.

Also, about the grandmother bad-talking her daughter. First off, there is no proof whatsoever that people who worked at the inn came up and asked her about her daughter.

I wouldnt be surprised if they simply heard from the phone conversations that could be heard from the Grandmothers room. So this changes the grandmothers outlook quite a bit. But even if she did tell the workers, that is simply her showing first hand what a failure at life will turn out without hardwork

So basically the grandmother is a woman of principles, she know exactly what she is doing, and I bet that she was stunned at her granddaughters answer for her to get hit as well.

And on a random note. Seems like Ohana's butt got some play in this episode xD
430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Scotland, UK
Offline
Posted 4/3/11

superluccix wrote:

And on a random note. Seems like Ohana's butt got some play in this episode xD


Yeah...by her uncle, no less.
22749 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Here
Offline
Posted 4/3/11

GaZsTiC wrote:


superluccix wrote:

And on a random note. Seems like Ohana's butt got some play in this episode xD


Yeah...by her uncle, no less.


Yea, and I was surprised how he reacted.. lol
39003 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Earth
Offline
Posted 4/4/11
LOVE IT. So much that I've watched it four times already. Crazy, but then again, procrastinating studying may be the occupation for me, so....I think it's the best of the season, though I haven't seen the rest of the titles. Somehow, the anime just sucked me in, so wherever the story flunctuated, it pulled me along. Glad I'm not the only one who thought, looking at all your responses. Artwork was elaborately gorgeous, characters were really well developed. I'm dying for episode two!

Fave charas: Ohana and Ko. Dunno why I like him, but I do. Hope he's gonna be in the rest of the story, and not just a one time show, never reappear again type of chara. Though it doesn't look like that'll be the case from the pvs....

As for her grandmother...I think the woman's just obstinate in her ways, like old people refuse to change. Plus, she'd been running that business for a long time, so naturally she's harsh in its upkeep. Makes sense. Though I don't like the manner in which she punished Ohana and Minko. Bit*h slaps make me shudder, although they're important in the development of animes, lol!

Rating: same. 5/5 no wait, I change my mind. 10/5
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.