First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
*For Girls* Is it "gay" for guys to dress nice?
Posted 4/9/11

Elthie wrote:

No way! I think it's awesome when a guy wears nice clothes and has a sense of style! I would only get worried if he started borrowing my clothes..... especially if he asked to borrow a skirt -____-

It's even better when they know how to wear their pants properly (does the new pant-hanging-below-bum look put anyone else off?).



It's a turn off if you ask me. It just... doesn't seem right.
1610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / United States
Offline
Posted 4/9/11
It's not gay... Your friends were just being a little narrow-minded..


Like the people who ask me if I'm anorexic because I never eat at school- Truth is I'm in too much of a rush in the morning to pack a lunch, and I never feel like doing it at night.

They're just making assumptions
1907 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / look under your bed
Offline
Posted 4/9/11
Unless you say everyday, "omg girl, those shoes make you look FAB-U-LOUS MMM" then no, dressing nice will not make people think you're gay.
8059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 4/9/11
no.....not being rude but in my opinion its quite a stupid thread
19240 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F
Offline
Posted 4/9/11
I rather see guys with nice clothes than guys that low ride and wear a stained shirt.
Trust me, you don't want to see that.
Posted 4/9/11
no way! having a good fashion sense is usually a definite turn on o-o [ at least in my opinion ]

besides you shouldn't care about what others think
1703 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 4/9/11
no, why would it be gay?
I like it when guys dress nicely
6270 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / No body noes
Offline
Posted 4/10/11

kimmm6 wrote:


mt4gt wrote:

^wwe: Ohh now that you mention it, I was in fact wearing bright colors (pink), and it was a buttoned up shirt. But I still feel insulted that my friends thought I was gay. :(



did you know that the color pink was invented for Louis the XIV... and NO one could accuse him of being gay.

ps.. dun tell the mods I double posted! >.<



haha you just made my day! thank you
17146 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Evergreen, Colora...
Offline
Posted 4/10/11

Lauriet wrote:

... I love frills, and I'm into fashion. I love gentle or 'suave' colors like navy blue and silver matched together, I also like blood red and black color schemes. I like renaissance regal wear and steampunk formal wear.

I also own some clothes that are frilly and puffy, which are from Noir garments.

And I'm completely heterosexual. Just because I love beautiful clothes and fancy attire with a touch of regality and elegance I'm a homosexual? Please explain this to me. I honestly don't understand the concept of this...? How was this even thought up? Fashion is a cultural and media tool that is open to everyone. Not only women and homosexuals.

I love fashion, and I'm homosexual because of that? No I still don't get it.



I don't get it either. There is one thing that makes someone homosexual. It's not clothes, voice, attitude, the way you carry yourself, watch shows you watch or music you listen to, or any other outward appearance aspect.

Listen up folks: The only thing that makes you homosexual is having a sexual, romantic, intimate, or other strong attraction to the same sex.

Think anything else "makes you gay" is ignorant and dangerous and damning to the gay community. Nothing makes you gay besides being gay.

Dressing nicely is wonderful. I think guys that dress nice look really good. Like semi-formal or business casual.
57720 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / canada
Offline
Posted 4/10/11

mt4gt wrote:


kimmm6 wrote:


mt4gt wrote:

^wwe: Ohh now that you mention it, I was in fact wearing bright colors (pink), and it was a buttoned up shirt. But I still feel insulted that my friends thought I was gay. :(



did you know that the color pink was invented for Louis the XIV... and NO one could accuse him of being gay.

ps.. dun tell the mods I double posted! >.<



haha you just made my day! thank you


you're very welcome. =)
1458 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/10/11
I love a guy that's fashionable, especially if he likes pink too. Some gay gays are fashionable, your friends are just generalizing it.
22648 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 4/10/11
I think its not gay to dress nice, some girls like it when a guy dresses nicely
The Moderator
Nicole 
73048 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Space
Offline
Posted 4/10/11

mt4gt wrote:

Ok so I'm now a freshman in college and have made plenty of friends. About two weeks into the school year, some of my friends (that are girls) randomly asked if I was gay. I told them, "No, I love doing stuff with girls...where did you get this absurd assumption??" They simply replied that it was because I dress too nice for a guy. Huh??? I love wearing nice clothes, especially good brand names like Banana Republic and Polo...etc...I do realize most guys just wear T-shirt and jeans but seriously, what's wrong with dressing nice?


Obviously, people need to look up in Webster the definition of metrosexual and expand their vocabulary just a little.
Posted 4/10/11
ha! ur kidding right girls who think guys who dress in pink or nice are gay must not know fashion themselves.
i love when guys dress nice and wear pink. means they are a true guy not being afraid of what people say. plus to me it gives me sense that the guy cares in how he looks, espcecially in college, guys mainly wear sweats, or pajamas, its kinda of sickening.

one day in my class a guy wears his pj's to class and our professor was like why do you wear those to class. then the boy said well i am to lazy to change, this are the pj's i slept in. now that is very gross!!!!
3096 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Ontario
Offline
Posted 4/10/11
I tend to think guys who dress "nice" are more hygienic and it shows they take more care for themselves. It is also a huge plus when you go on dates with them ;D

If somebody assumes you are gay just because you dress nice, tell them to take a good look at themselves in front of a mirror.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.