First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Do you ever think about if it's bad about dating a friend?
Posted 4/6/11

Pitch-black wrote:

It can be a huge mistake. Friends can be lost that way.


Yeah I know...Sadly I dont want that to happen to my friend n.n

Posted 4/6/11 , edited 4/6/11

dirtymexican97 wrote:


Pitch-black wrote:

It can be a huge mistake. Friends can be lost that way.


Yeah I know...Sadly I dont want that to happen to my friend n.n



You call yourself a dirty Mexican

There are other crucial rules; don't fish off company piers and never mix business with pleasure.
Posted 4/6/11

Pitch-black wrote:


dirtymexican97 wrote:


Pitch-black wrote:

It can be a huge mistake. Friends can be lost that way.


Yeah I know...Sadly I dont want that to happen to my friend n.n



You call yourself a dirty Mexican :lol:

There are other crucial rules; don't fish off company piers and never mix business with pleasure.


LOL yeah I call myself dirtymexican
Posted 4/6/11

dirtymexican97 wrote:


Pitch-black wrote:


dirtymexican97 wrote:


Pitch-black wrote:

It can be a huge mistake. Friends can be lost that way.


Yeah I know...Sadly I dont want that to happen to my friend n.n



You call yourself a dirty Mexican :lol:

There are other crucial rules; don't fish off company piers and never mix business with pleasure.


LOL yeah I call myself dirtymexican


So, ever date a kangaroo in Australia?
17146 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Evergreen, Colora...
Offline
Posted 4/6/11

Lauriet wrote:

Wouldn't dating a friend make things easier? Just a thought since I imagined the familiarity would even and soften things. Maybe that is for some people though, maybe it make others awkward. Maybe some are afraid of ruining the relationship and friendship.

Won't know until you try.


And what if she breaks up with you? And you felt in love with her but she realized she didn't feel the same? Could you still be friends with her?

My ex did not remain friends with me after we broke up, and instead immediately got another girl pregnant and married her and lived happily ever after.

I fear break-ups because I would want to remain friends and would be very sad if that didn't happen.

Why not just be friends and whatever happens happens, and not put a label on it? Labels always ruin things because they add rules and expectations.

bah, I'm rambling.
Posted 4/6/11

MelodieLenora wrote:


Lauriet wrote:

Wouldn't dating a friend make things easier? Just a thought since I imagined the familiarity would even and soften things. Maybe that is for some people though, maybe it make others awkward. Maybe some are afraid of ruining the relationship and friendship.

Won't know until you try.


And what if she breaks up with you? And you felt in love with her but she realized she didn't feel the same? Could you still be friends with her?

My ex did not remain friends with me after we broke up, and instead immediately got another girl pregnant and married her and lived happily ever after.

I fear break-ups because I would want to remain friends and would be very sad if that didn't happen.

Why not just be friends and whatever happens happens, and not put a label on it? Labels always ruin things because they add rules and expectations.

bah, I'm rambling.


That will be of her volition, not mine. when I say I want them to be happy, I mean it. I'm not whimsical and I try to choose my words carefully. If her breaking up with me will make her happier, then I don't see the problem with it. In fact, if she broke up with me and got happier wouldn't that be a good thing? Even if I'm miserable I wouldn't want her to be miserable, I'd want her to be happy.

Why not put a label on it? Everything in this world of material has a name stuck to it, or will have a name stuck to it. Because that is human nature. It is a tool in our sentient minds to give things identities because not everything or everyone is the same. I'm sorry for your trauma, however I can't do much about it besides give my condolences.

I've screwed up alot of my chances of being happy because I'm unaware of subtlety and equally unaware of people's emotions and expressions-- it is a born fault of mine. I've simply come to the conclusion if I deserved to be happy, I would be. I can understand your resentment somewhat and I won't call you out on it.

A lot of people? A lot of people don't really 'get' to be happy. so Nora, I'll make an exception for you and pray to God in Heaven that you'll find happiness, regardless of your baggage and experiences in this matter.
55213 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / London, England
Online
Posted 4/6/11
Dont really know, id rather be someones friend first tho.. but then you get stuck there. everyone fears losing a friend, but what about those people you pursue immediately, maybe it would have been better if you never was in a relationship with them in the first place. everything has its pro's and con's. the best relationships are forged over time, and mature into a future of being together. and personally i think friendship should always be the core to that.

But, in the end love and what not doesn't actually exist so who am i kidding. go crazy.
Posted 4/6/11

Pitch-black wrote:


dirtymexican97 wrote:


Pitch-black wrote:


dirtymexican97 wrote:


Pitch-black wrote:

It can be a huge mistake. Friends can be lost that way.


Yeah I know...Sadly I dont want that to happen to my friend n.n



You call yourself a dirty Mexican :lol:

There are other crucial rules; don't fish off company piers and never mix business with pleasure.


LOL yeah I call myself dirtymexican


So, ever date a kangaroo in Australia?



Yeap ;D
56555 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/6/11 , edited 4/6/11
I wouldn't recommend dating a friend. I've done it once, and it's not worth the loss of a friend. The scariest part is that you could lose much more than just a friend, and get seriously hurt. It's a huge risk, and normally I'd say that the greater the risk, the greater the reward, but this is one of those exceptions, there are tons of other fish in the sea. Things won't be the same after, especially if it was a serious or meaningful relationship. Pro-tip: date your friend's friends; even if you alienate their friends, you'll be out a girlfriend/boyfriend, but not a friend.
55508 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / canada,on,woodstock
Offline
Posted 4/7/11
i have date my friend be for & depends
Posted 4/7/11
Overall I just think it would wreck your relationship as a friend more...sadly ):
Posted 4/7/11
I don't think it's bad. Dating a friend would ideal for me.
Posted 4/7/11
Worrying about dating friends at a young age is natural. As you grow older, however, you may come to realize that your connections with friends become weaker anyways. I do feel when you're older, friends of the opposite sex are more easily to end up being someone you date. If you're friends it means you both already enjoy the other as company and so it goes down to looks really.
57720 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / canada
Offline
Posted 4/9/11
if you are friends with someone, then you see value in them... and if you date, then you REALLY see value. the trick is to focus on that value if you break up, and remember WHY you liked that person in the first place. It's hard, sometimes, to be mature and let the hurt of the breakup go, and focus on building the friendship back up. Some of my best male friends ever are the ones I dated... and my current sweetheart, whom I adore with all my heart and soul, was one of my dearest friends before we got together as a couple. I wouldn't have it any other way... he's been there for me during the hardest times in my life, and definitely seen me at my worst... and he still loves me. We had a solid foundation, we knew how to communicate, and we knew we could talk to each other about everything. The trust was already there, we watched each other date other people (while we were friends) and knew what we could expect from each other... how he treated his previous girlfriends told me a LOT, and I liked what I saw. I am insanely lucky to have this relationship, and know that it's built on a very solid foundation of understanding, communication and trust... not lust.
430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / England Baby!!!!
Offline
Posted 4/9/11
I think it depends on the people :)

The risk involved is upto you to take. It just depend on if you want to be with them romantically or if you treasure the friendship too much to try. though personally from experience the risk is most definately worth it =) mai best friend whome I've known for about 2-3 years now has also been my girlfriend for the last 7 months... nearly 8 months now and I love her to bits, I'd not change anything for the whole darned world, she isn't JUST my friend, or JUST my girlfriend, she's mai soul mate & that's the value in dating a friend, if you don't feel that much for your friend at least then personally I don't think it's a risk worth taking
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.