First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Sket Dance Discussions
Posted 4/8/11

chrome_mist wrote:

Poor version of Gosick? I'll watch the next episode and decide if this is good or not.


I didn't say it was a poor version when I was watching it, but I did think that I'd rather be watching Gosick. I'll still watch a few more and see if it goes anywhere.
430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Scotland, UK
Offline
Posted 4/8/11
Why are we comparing Gosick and Sket Dance?
22749 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Here
Offline
Posted 4/8/11 , edited 4/8/11

GaZsTiC wrote:

Why are we comparing Gosick and Sket Dance?


Exactly. The title "Gosick" shouldn't even be put in this thread. Its completely idiotic if somebody didn't like this show 'cause it wasn't like another show.

BTW, this anime will be very dramatic at times if its anything like the manga.
55098 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 4/8/11

jtiskool305 wrote:


GaZsTiC wrote:

Why are we comparing Gosick and Sket Dance?


Exactly. The title "Gosick" shouldn't even be put in this thread. Its completely idiotic if somebody didn't like this show 'cause it wasn't like another show.

BTW, this anime will be very dramatic at times if its anything like the manga.


You're wrong there. I didn't like the first episode because it resembled Gosick. That kinda takes away the originality for me. Well it's not like I was looking for something original, I'm actually okay with it, but seeing how its mystery/case is a bit simpler than that of Gosick's, I am kind of disappointed.

But hey, if you say this is going to be dramatic, then good. I never said I'd drop it anyway. I could use some good mystery.
2322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / California, Hawai...
Offline
Posted 4/8/11
I will probably give this show the benefit of the doubt because it seems decent in certain parts why it fails at other parts.
22749 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Here
Offline
Posted 4/8/11 , edited 4/8/11

chrome_mist wrote:


jtiskool305 wrote:


GaZsTiC wrote:

Why are we comparing Gosick and Sket Dance?


Exactly. The title "Gosick" shouldn't even be put in this thread. Its completely idiotic if somebody didn't like this show 'cause it wasn't like another show.

BTW, this anime will be very dramatic at times if its anything like the manga.


You're wrong there. I didn't like the first episode because it resembled Gosick. That kinda takes away the originality for me. Well it's not like I was looking for something original, I'm actually okay with it, but seeing how its mystery/case is a bit simpler than that of Gosick's, I am kind of disappointed.

But hey, if you say this is going to be dramatic, then good. I never said I'd drop it anyway. I could use some good mystery.


I wasn't quoting you, but yea it shouldn't get dropped for that kind of reason.. and the manga isn't simple lol. There are actually some arcs that I couldn't figure out the person responsible, but Gosick has yet to surprise me.
430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Scotland, UK
Offline
Posted 4/8/11

chrome_mist wrote:


jtiskool305 wrote:


GaZsTiC wrote:

Why are we comparing Gosick and Sket Dance?


Exactly. The title "Gosick" shouldn't even be put in this thread. Its completely idiotic if somebody didn't like this show 'cause it wasn't like another show.

BTW, this anime will be very dramatic at times if its anything like the manga.


You're wrong there. I didn't like the first episode because it resembled Gosick. That kinda takes away the originality for me. Well it's not like I was looking for something original, I'm actually okay with it, but seeing how its mystery/case is a bit simpler than that of Gosick's, I am kind of disappointed.

But hey, if you say this is going to be dramatic, then good. I never said I'd drop it anyway. I could use some good mystery.


Sket Dance isn't a mystery anime. It's a story about high school kids helping other high school kids to escape the problems they face in their own lives. I don't see how it resembles Gosick in the slightest - if anything, it is a cross between Gintama and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
55098 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 4/8/11

GaZsTiC wrote:


chrome_mist wrote:


jtiskool305 wrote:


GaZsTiC wrote:

Why are we comparing Gosick and Sket Dance?


Exactly. The title "Gosick" shouldn't even be put in this thread. Its completely idiotic if somebody didn't like this show 'cause it wasn't like another show.

BTW, this anime will be very dramatic at times if its anything like the manga.


You're wrong there. I didn't like the first episode because it resembled Gosick. That kinda takes away the originality for me. Well it's not like I was looking for something original, I'm actually okay with it, but seeing how its mystery/case is a bit simpler than that of Gosick's, I am kind of disappointed.

But hey, if you say this is going to be dramatic, then good. I never said I'd drop it anyway. I could use some good mystery.


Sket Dance isn't a mystery anime. It's a story about high school kids helping other high school kids to escape the problems they face in their own lives. I don't see how it resembles Gosick in the slightest - if anything, it is a cross between Gintama and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.


When he used the goggles to find out who the perpetrator is, that didn't seem familiar to you?

Victorique uses the same trick, but with a smoking pipe. Or whatever.

It did remind me of Gintama, but more of Gosick. The first episode was a bit mystery-ish to me, though.
430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Scotland, UK
Offline
Posted 4/8/11

chrome_mist wrote:


GaZsTiC wrote:


chrome_mist wrote:


jtiskool305 wrote:


GaZsTiC wrote:

Why are we comparing Gosick and Sket Dance?


Exactly. The title "Gosick" shouldn't even be put in this thread. Its completely idiotic if somebody didn't like this show 'cause it wasn't like another show.

BTW, this anime will be very dramatic at times if its anything like the manga.


You're wrong there. I didn't like the first episode because it resembled Gosick. That kinda takes away the originality for me. Well it's not like I was looking for something original, I'm actually okay with it, but seeing how its mystery/case is a bit simpler than that of Gosick's, I am kind of disappointed.

But hey, if you say this is going to be dramatic, then good. I never said I'd drop it anyway. I could use some good mystery.


Sket Dance isn't a mystery anime. It's a story about high school kids helping other high school kids to escape the problems they face in their own lives. I don't see how it resembles Gosick in the slightest - if anything, it is a cross between Gintama and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.


When he used the goggles to find out who the perpetrator is, that didn't seem familiar to you?

Victorique uses the same trick, but with a smoking pipe. Or whatever.

It did remind me of Gintama, but more of Gosick. The first episode was a bit mystery-ish to me, though.


Victorique picks up her smoking pipe because her hero Sherlock Holmes did it. Sket Dance is one of countless stories where the hero concentrates to solve a mystery.
55098 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 4/8/11

GaZsTiC wrote:


chrome_mist wrote:


GaZsTiC wrote:


chrome_mist wrote:


jtiskool305 wrote:


GaZsTiC wrote:

Why are we comparing Gosick and Sket Dance?


Exactly. The title "Gosick" shouldn't even be put in this thread. Its completely idiotic if somebody didn't like this show 'cause it wasn't like another show.

BTW, this anime will be very dramatic at times if its anything like the manga.


You're wrong there. I didn't like the first episode because it resembled Gosick. That kinda takes away the originality for me. Well it's not like I was looking for something original, I'm actually okay with it, but seeing how its mystery/case is a bit simpler than that of Gosick's, I am kind of disappointed.

But hey, if you say this is going to be dramatic, then good. I never said I'd drop it anyway. I could use some good mystery.


Sket Dance isn't a mystery anime. It's a story about high school kids helping other high school kids to escape the problems they face in their own lives. I don't see how it resembles Gosick in the slightest - if anything, it is a cross between Gintama and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.


When he used the goggles to find out who the perpetrator is, that didn't seem familiar to you?

Victorique uses the same trick, but with a smoking pipe. Or whatever.

It did remind me of Gintama, but more of Gosick. The first episode was a bit mystery-ish to me, though.


Victorique picks up her smoking pipe because her hero Sherlock Holmes did it. Sket Dance is one of countless stories where the hero concentrates to solve a mystery.


Hmm.. That may be so but still.. I can't get rid of the familiarity.
66663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 4/8/11

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


Cecilthedarkknight234 wrote:


jtiskool305 wrote:


Cecilthedarkknight234 wrote:

........not for me those who enjoy it go ahead, i got burnt out on watching not but school anime for 5 years straight and nothing else. I will probably watch it eventually but no not now... i just don't feel like it.


Did you at least give it a shot?


first 6 minutes... I just don't know like I said I watched NOTHING but those type of shows for 5 years but I am not going to say it's bad or good, I am just burned out. It happens to you and I really regret doing that to myself but well yeah. I will watch it eventually when i am in the mood but i just need a break from high school anime right now "i don't mind if the main lead goes to high school" it's being revolved it around for their whole story. Please don't take any offense to this, this just a personal opinion.


Maby that is why I liked Tiger & Bunny, and X-men.
Maby is do to it braking out of the high school setting that anime seems to hover at now a days, and not just the high school settings but also the fact that it seems the main characters are anywhere from 8 years old or in their teens. I like the fact that at least a few of the new anime are with adult characters playing the role of the lead character.
O and seen 2 more new anime today as well.. Later I be giving out their names maby... + episode 2 of X-men


Astarotte's Toy is also doing this well in the main males lead at least.. I mean he is 22 years old with a 10 year old daughter..." i have read the manga" and well.... yeah... it's on my much watch list. Also there is sex and health education for 30 year old... teaching shy 30 year old how to go out and have sex....why couldn't cr get that for the lulz?
22749 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Here
Offline
Posted 4/8/11

Cecilthedarkknight234 wrote:
Astarotte's Toy is also doing this well in the main males lead at least.. I mean he is 22 years old with a 10 year old daughter..." i have read the manga" and well.... yeah... it's on my much watch list. Also there is sex and health education for 30 year old... teaching shy 30 year old how to go out and have sex....why couldn't cr get that for the lulz?


I agree lol and my favorite voice actor (Hiro Shimono) is doing the main lead :)
1958 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/8/11
I'm going to wait for it to finish and marathon it. I usually don't go for school-life anime, but this one seems a lot more interesting than the usual.
3096 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Ontario
Offline
Posted 4/9/11
After watching the first episode, I couldn't help myself from reading a couple of chapters from the manga.. The characters' background stories are very deep yet depressing ...
1926 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 4/9/11
It was average. Nothing bad but nothing special either. I'll continue to watch for now.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.