First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Old school anime
4340 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Cornwall, UK
Offline
Posted 4/18/11
Ranma 1/2 is my all time favourite old school anime.
5212 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 4/18/11
yuyu hakusho (probably not spelled right) all time best anime.
16374 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / New York City
Offline
Posted 4/18/11

blackspace13 wrote:

yuyu hakusho (probably not spelled right) all time best anime.


yup i waited every saturday nights to see this toguro was a beast

2613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Hikarizaka
Offline
Posted 4/18/11
My first was a very old show by the name of cubix when I was about a year and a half old, then I got into Digimon, Cardcaptors, pokemon and Yugioh. I used to love fox kids.
After cardcaptors finished I followed the creators and ended up watching Angelic layer, when it finished I stopped watching anime as good storylines seemed to have dissapear.
After forgetting about it for 5 or 6 years apart from watching a few episodes of d.Grayman I heard there was an anime set in the angelic layer's world by the name of Chobits. At the same time I was a newgrounds fan and had played a game based on Love hina. I also met a friend online who had become a fan of the visual novel Air
Chobits got me into rom-coms and I started to think about watching Air but instead I ended up playing the visual novel Shuffle! which was adapted to anime and was another Rom-com. After watching shuffle! I watched other romcoms like The world god only knows and To love ru which coincidently when I finished watching them A new season had just been announced for both. After being nagged by my friends I started to watch Naruto and got bored of it, My friend also told me to watch air but I came across Clannad. I then found out about AI [email protected] which led me to here.
32346 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 4/18/11
Have to show my love for all the Cyberpunk classics


Bubblegum Crisis,AD Police,Dominion Tank Police,Dirty Pair,Armitage III,Battle Angel Alita,Genocyber, Ghost In The Shell,Akira,Cyber City OEDO 808,

Also gotta love the classic Gundam OVA's like Gundam F91 that came out in the 90's

And of course the single greatest anime i ever laid eyes on Serial Experiments Lain. If you have not seen it yet then watch it. Not everyone can understand it but it's a tremendous work of art.
2016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/18/11

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:

My top classic anime that I love more than any other anime to this day was "TOUCH" serialized in the weekly manga magazine Shōnen Sunday from 1981–1986. The manga was also adapted into a 101-episode TV anime series, which was one of the highest-rated television anime series EVER! Touch was one of the winners of the 1983 Shogakukan Manga Award for shōnen or shōjo manga, along with Adachi's Miyuki.


Touch is one of my all time favorites as well. Good to see some Adachi love in here.

Also, I never thought I'd see the day when Cowboy Bebop and Outlaw Star were considered old-school.
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 4/18/11 , edited 4/18/11

False_Kami-sama wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:

My top classic anime that I love more than any other anime to this day was "TOUCH" serialized in the weekly manga magazine Shōnen Sunday from 1981–1986. The manga was also adapted into a 101-episode TV anime series, which was one of the highest-rated television anime series EVER! Touch was one of the winners of the 1983 Shogakukan Manga Award for shōnen or shōjo manga, along with Adachi's Miyuki.


Touch is one of my all time favorites as well. Good to see some Adachi love in here.

Also, I never thought I'd see the day when Cowboy Bebop and Outlaw Star were considered old-school.


Don't forget a lot of the Chrunchyroll peeps are in their young teens. Anything over 5 years old; is old school to them.

Not saying that is the case for all young people. Their is also the factor most of the young crunchy fans have never seen a anime over 10 years old.


Your avi-pick looks like a attempt at a character in Slow Step by chance?
2016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/18/11

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


False_Kami-sama wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:

My top classic anime that I love more than any other anime to this day was "TOUCH" serialized in the weekly manga magazine Shōnen Sunday from 1981–1986. The manga was also adapted into a 101-episode TV anime series, which was one of the highest-rated television anime series EVER! Touch was one of the winners of the 1983 Shogakukan Manga Award for shōnen or shōjo manga, along with Adachi's Miyuki.


Touch is one of my all time favorites as well. Good to see some Adachi love in here.

Also, I never thought I'd see the day when Cowboy Bebop and Outlaw Star were considered old-school.


Don't forget a lot of the Chrunchyroll peeps are in their young teens. Anything over 5 years old; is old school to them.

Not saying that is the case for all young people. Their is also the factor most of the young crunchy fans have never seen a anime over 10 years old.


Your avi-pick looks like a attempt at a character in Slow Step by chance?


It's Adachi himself. Not sure if it's in any of his series or not.

I've actually been translating the Slow Step manga as part of Adachi Project and I've added the image to every chapter. That might have been where you've seen it.
56748 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Murfreesboro, TN
Offline
Posted 4/18/11
Thinking back now, for the girls and drama+ecchi loving guys, Onegai Teacher & Onegai Twins, those are Win. Alot of my other reccomendations have been stated in the thread multiple times now though!

They need to re-animate Sailor moon! ... Although Re-dubbing would be more of a priority!

Right on the mark about the 5-6yr thing sadly, i've been Watching anime wayy to long it seems... oh well ! KANPAI~!
58071 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30
Offline
Posted 4/18/11 , edited 4/18/11
It seems there where alot of series I have missed that are being talked about. But back then it was hard to see an anime since there only certain blocks. the ones I remember where toonami, fox kids, kids WB, adult swim ( I could not stay up late to see them but I had learned to set up a VCR then), also there was an anime block called Anime Unleashed back when G4 was called techTV. That had a huge late night anime block, I used to set the VCR to that channel had had it record through the night for it. The only shows I remember seeing on it was Betterman, Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure, abit of Last Exile but never saw the end of it (got the box set of them now so I have the time), Silent Möbius, and Serial Experiments Lain which freack me out in the middle of that series.
Posted 4/18/11
I liked the Lupin the Third series as well as, Dragon ball then DBZ and Zoids chaotic century. Oh and did anyone ever watch the Samurai Pizza Cats? I did and loved it!
Posted 4/18/11 , edited 4/18/11
Case Closed was one of my all time favorites. I used to stay up super late just to watch it. I also felt a sense of accomplishment whenever I solved the case before Conan did :3
21167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / orbiting Jupiter
Offline
Posted 4/18/11
Martian Successor Nadesico

Escaflowne

Legendary Armor Samurai Troopers (Ronin Warriors)

Witch Hunter Robin

Elemental Gelade It was not well animated but the story kept me watching.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.