First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
A new name for Earth
Posted 4/22/11 , edited 4/22/11
I'm guessing the dude who decided to name Earth was landlocked because this planet has much more water on the surface than dirt.

Have your say. Name your new planet people of CR.

I call dibs on Water. I leave the rest to you.
495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Germany
Offline
Posted 4/22/11 , edited 4/22/11
Think otherwise:
Using your logic everything could have been named differently.
Why isn't it named Air? Why not Green-Blue world?
You live on the ground, on the soil. If we were Amphibian creatures the name of our Earth would have been Water - probably.
Same with Air, if we were flying creatures dominating the sky Earth would have been named Air... maybe.

éra is greek - Germanic people changed it to Ero/Erda/Erdo/Erde later on Eorthe ect. and the Anglo-Saxons "invented" the english language taking "Ertha" with them. Ertha was changed in Earth afterwards.

Posted 4/22/11
'Nikki's world'...oh yeh!
Posted 4/22/11 , edited 4/22/11

Sayua wrote:

Think otherwise:
Using your logic everything could have been named differently.
Why isn't it named Air? Why not Green-Blue world?
You live on the ground, on the soil. If we were Amphibian creatures the name of our Earth would have been Water - probably.
Same with Air, if we were flying creatures dominating the sky Earth would have been named Air... maybe.

éra is greek - Germanic people changed it to Ero/Erda/Erdo/Erde ect. and the Anglo-Saxons "invented" the english language taking "Ertha" with them. Ertha was changed in Earth afterwards.



All logic is flawed especially yours. Before you decide to have a battle of logic remember this post isn't about logic it's about the name you'd choose for this planet.
495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Germany
Offline
Posted 4/22/11 , edited 4/22/11


I don't intend to, Earth is fine that's what I tried to explain since you wrote illogical things like "Terra Libidos".
Posted 4/22/11 , edited 4/22/11

Sayua wrote:



I don't intend to, Earth is fine that's what I tried to explain since you wrote illogical things like "Terra Libidos".


I'm sorry but GTFO. Troll. Funny coming from me. The new name you give can be illogical, crude, rude or even classy. You my friend are a prude. Your logic from the get go was messed up yo. Why bother posting in a thread for New Earth names and not give any?
672 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / England, UK
Offline
Posted 4/22/11
the motherland or pangea
2000 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / in mah room
Offline
Posted 4/22/11
My world
495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Germany
Offline
Posted 4/22/11

AdamIdris101 wrote:


Sayua wrote:



I don't intend to, Earth is fine that's what I tried to explain since you wrote illogical things like "Terra Libidos".


I'm sorry but GTFO. Troll. Funny coming from me. The new name you give can be illogical, crude, rude or even classy. You my friend are a prude. Your logic from the get go was messed up yo. Why bother posting in a thread for New Earth names and not give any?


Wow someone is butthurt. Cool down, I've just stated my opinion. No need to get angry, manner up! I'm saying "Earth" is fine I like it, something wrong with that? Kid.
89194 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / in your head
Offline
Posted 4/22/11
Freedom
652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Hachijoi,Japan
Offline
Posted 4/22/11
Why not just call it world?



not funny?
Posted 4/22/11 , edited 4/22/11

Sayua wrote:


AdamIdris101 wrote:


Sayua wrote:



I don't intend to, Earth is fine that's what I tried to explain since you wrote illogical things like "Terra Libidos".


I'm sorry but GTFO. Troll. Funny coming from me. The new name you give can be illogical, crude, rude or even classy. You my friend are a prude. Your logic from the get go was messed up yo. Why bother posting in a thread for New Earth names and not give any?


Wow someone is butthurt. Cool down, I've just stated my opinion. No need to get angry, manner up! I'm saying "Earth" is fine I like it, something wrong with that? Kid.


Excuse me "kid"...really? You don't want to give an appropriate response to the simple question. This isn't an extended discussion thread. I seriously can't believe you didn't know that. It's a simple question of a "new" Earth name. You're going off topic. I don't apologize if you got hurt by me being a halfassed rapper/mini mod.


I'm a part time troll and even I tend to at least answer the OP's post with an appropriate answer to his or her question. You did naught. And you brazenly refuse to participate in this simple ass thread and criticize my perverted sense. That's why I'm annoyed.

This thread isn't 'oh I'm happy with Earth's current name', it's give Earth a makeover with a new one. I like using CAPS for acronyms, I'm sorry if it shook you up though kid.


Posted 4/22/11
Let's not argue, ldris could you compromise and make your OP a little more (respectably) oriented?


I'd name my planet Avalon. Avalon was the mythical island King Arthur went to when he disippeared/died. During King Arthur's departure, Bedivere threw the sword of Excalibur back into the lake and both Bedivere and Lancelot became hermits in the end. Though Avalon itself has it's own mythology in Arthurian mythos, including the one involving Bors.

260 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 4/22/11

AdamIdris101All logic is flawed especially yours. Before you decide to have a battle of logic remember this post isn't about logic it's about the name you'd choose for this planet.


Lol he was commenting your use of logic ("Using this logic..." as you said), it has relevance to your OP.

For the topic at hand, not sure what else I would name it, but maybe something like "Scarrord" (Thought it up on the spot).
495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Germany
Offline
Posted 4/22/11 , edited 4/22/11


Not really, it's just funny how people can crack up on their own without even getting offended. You are seriously butthurt dude :(, who did that to you...sad. Gz being a part-time troll, and now? I never refused to participate, I've just said that earth is fine as it is. Do you want to hear this? Name it Earth, because I like it the most! Better? Besides, I've never asked you to apologize and to be honest what for? I can't think of a reason. Also, who gets hurt on the internet anyway? What kind of fairy tales are you thinking of in your head? There will be other persons who will say something like this: "I like the current one". So be nice and do not forget to flame them all over - for no reason. Ah, and good job re-editing your previous comments. My first post was oriented to your first post, seems logical doesn't it? I was responding to yours quite normal until you freaked out. And before you say "MIMIMIMI HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH TOPIC" think about it again. It was, wasn't it?
Well any further post would just result in more spam, hf.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.