First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Please REVIEW your billing practices! Everyone please read!
30019 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F
Offline
Posted 5/20/11 , edited 5/20/11
I canceled an subscription before it ended before because i had health issue's and wasn't able to watch animes on the site & i got reverted to normal member right away, while i paid for 3 months or so & tbh it really pissed me off since you don't get a refund.

I also got an free 30 day trial that had an auto renewal (i didn't notice it was a renewal untill i paid for next month, which as for nothing since i got an gifted membership for 3 months & now i canceled it but my money is gone, because i was to 1-2 days late!=.='), i think it's really confusing to people that are not good in english if the keep getting these offers & pay for nothing like i did. I totally agree with OP, CR should change the way things are now, because it's confusing (especially when the offer you a free trial you need to read very well!) & if they change things the right way there won't be any complaints about their service.

I have a feeling that CR doesn't do much with our feedbacks i mean it's been more than a yr since this system started & they still didn't changed much about the payment! I think CR should do more with our feedbacks because they way things are now i don't plan to take an premium account, since buying CB isn't as easy as the normal way since they don't have paypal support.

Another issue that my change is that with me the renewal/payment date is a few days before my subscriptions ends ,which is really annoying since i can't cancel on the day it ends & the amount of days is different everythime (maybe because i'm from the EU) so i always paid too much, this kinda gives me the feeling that i'm being ripped off.......
Ronin
94039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / California
Offline
Posted 5/20/11
If you made a billing mistake, you can contact us and we will fix it for you.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/help?topic=contact
59327 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 5/23/11
I think there's a difference between an honest mistake, for instance if you don't understand the language that well, and pure ignorance of avoiding the popup warnings and "fine print" (i'm legally blind and even I can read this fine print). The problem is a lot of people don't seem to consider what they're paying for and assume rights they don't have.

I mean here are a few examples of similar services you would have the exact same or worse problems with.

Monthly train tickets, if you decide you don't need it for one reason or another they WILL NOT refund you. Same with any other "set period" ticket.

Internet / mobile phone: If I wanted to cancel my contract, not only would I lose out, i'd lose out big. I sign a 1 year contract, and want to cancel after half a year goes by. I don't get money back, I don't get anything I have to PAY to cancel my internet connection, or phone contract, and generally paying is more than it costs to just live with the internet for another month.

Making complaints like its unethical, its not, lots of businesses do it, funnily enough the businesses which are most closely monitored by the government do it most. Is it annoying? Yes it is very annoying no doubt about it, thats why you should read the ToS before you buy anything. I mean hell do you complain that, by the WoW ToS they have a legal right to search through files on your computer if they suspect you of botting? Do you complain that you don't actually own ANY software you paid for on your computer (btw you don't. Not even windows... unless you use freeware / linux)

Just learn to read instead of mindlessly clicking.
41 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 5/30/11

wowfood wrote:

I think there's a difference between an honest mistake, for instance if you don't understand the language that well, and pure ignorance of avoiding the popup warnings and "fine print" (i'm legally blind and even I can read this fine print). The problem is a lot of people don't seem to consider what they're paying for and assume rights they don't have.

I mean here are a few examples of similar services you would have the exact same or worse problems with.

Monthly train tickets, if you decide you don't need it for one reason or another they WILL NOT refund you. Same with any other "set period" ticket.

Internet / mobile phone: If I wanted to cancel my contract, not only would I lose out, i'd lose out big. I sign a 1 year contract, and want to cancel after half a year goes by. I don't get money back, I don't get anything I have to PAY to cancel my internet connection, or phone contract, and generally paying is more than it costs to just live with the internet for another month.

Making complaints like its unethical, its not, lots of businesses do it, funnily enough the businesses which are most closely monitored by the government do it most. Is it annoying? Yes it is very annoying no doubt about it, thats why you should read the ToS before you buy anything. I mean hell do you complain that, by the WoW ToS they have a legal right to search through files on your computer if they suspect you of botting? Do you complain that you don't actually own ANY software you paid for on your computer (btw you don't. Not even windows... unless you use freeware / linux)

Just learn to read instead of mindlessly clicking.


In the end it would be so much easier for CR to change the billing policy, then teach the the masses common sense.
15007 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/30/11
It's a pretty sleazy way to run the memberships but they do it because that's how they make their money. A lot of CR money will be made by people taking on a 30 day trial (or buying a months membership) and forgetting to cancel because they left it to the last minute. If you could cancel the auto-renewal at any time then they wouldn't get that money.

CR have no reason to change their policy, because they will earn less money (even if it IS pretty evil). It may violate some trading standards but until they get bitten, why change it? It's a business after all.
68845 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / St. Louis, Misery
Online
Posted 5/31/11
You guys can always go back to torrenting all your free anime and run the risk of people coming after you for more money than 50years of crunchyroll service....
41 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 5/31/11

shinkidx wrote:

It's a pretty sleazy way to run the memberships but they do it because that's how they make their money. A lot of CR money will be made by people taking on a 30 day trial (or buying a months membership) and forgetting to cancel because they left it to the last minute. If you could cancel the auto-renewal at any time then they wouldn't get that money.

CR have no reason to change their policy, because they will earn less money (even if it IS pretty evil). It may violate some trading standards but until they get bitten, why change it? It's a business after all.


:) The reason behind changing the policy is fairly simple, if they wish to eliminate having to deal with topics such as this one on a daily bases. I feel bad for CR, nothing is wrong with the billing policy they have in place, it does not harm those who are aware, only those who are unable to read. However,people will cry about the matter until it is changed so to save the CR staff from mass stupidity they should change the policy.
Posted 5/31/11
You can dumb down policy and change it for the users, as seen in this thread. Heck, some require pictures instead of words since reading was obviously avoided during their upbringing...

Put it bright flashing pink neon colors with solid black letters in 50pt font. Add 10 "Are you sure? Are you sure? Are you really sure? Positive this time"? Notices just in case the mentally challenged users didn't see it first 9 times and/or had trouble comprehending it.

But alas.. you will still receive people saying CR wronged them because they were to lazy to take a few moments to read.

But at least they can now use their money to invest in the purchase of a nice safe yellow helmet that should be manditory requirement for wearing before leaving ones home each day.
53294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / My own little world
Offline
Posted 6/3/11
Look, everyone knows CR is a shady operation, and doesn't give a shit about customers. Complaining isn't going to do any good, because they don't care. 95% of the people on these forums are teenagers who know nothing about consumer's legal rights, anti-trust laws , or really anything at all. Either take it up in the courts or be a lazy a**hole like everyone else and put up with it because there is no competitor to switch to and $5 isn't worth a legal battle.
35001 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 6/20/11 , edited 6/20/11

allanonmage wrote:
As an official customer service representative, you should be fired after you remarks & (bad) attitude on this page in regards to legitimate, well written complaints (as opposed to: "OmG iCAn't bleve day U chARgd Me aftRRr I tol u noT TOO!!! ^#^%#^%#^#%").


That's what I said. Cripes, I've worked plenty of times in the CS trenches and I've never seen anyone talk like that.

People, I understand what you're saying about what's written down in the contract. But you know what? It doesn't really matter. When pretty much every over paid service gives you the remainder of the time you bought when you cancel and CR, you can scream to the hills that it's in the contract, but it's ultimately a losing position for CR. It's going to give consumers negative perception of the service, and for every person upset they'll tell 10 other people. It's not good business.

In case that isn't quite clear enough, how do you think things would work out if a restaurant charged for condiments like salt and ketchup, and didn't say anything about it until the bill came, and pointed customers to a small fine-print paragraph on the last page of the menu. How long do you think this restaurant would be in business? Just because you can do something, legally, doesn't mean you should do it.

PS. Dear CR, I currently don't subscribe. As you can imagine I'm with the camp that finds this practice a little shady. Regardless of if you've covered yourself adequately, I'd recommend revising this practice, as I wouldn't want to do business with a company that operates this way. Being "adequate" isn't good enough, and shouldn't be your goal in business.
25018 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 6/20/11

LynnTerra wrote:

You can dumb down policy and change it for the users, as seen in this thread. Heck, some require pictures instead of words since reading was obviously avoided during their upbringing...

Put it bright flashing pink neon colors with solid black letters in 50pt font. Add 10 "Are you sure? Are you sure? Are you really sure? Positive this time"? Notices just in case the mentally challenged users didn't see it first 9 times and/or had trouble comprehending it.

But alas.. you will still receive people saying CR wronged them because they were to lazy to take a few moments to read.

But at least they can now use their money to invest in the purchase of a nice safe yellow helmet that should be manditory requirement for wearing before leaving ones home each day.


The thing a lot of you don't seem to understand is that no matter what CR puts in their ToS and no matter if you click yes or confirm as many pop-ups as you want, if there's something in that ToS or pop-up that violates a consumer protection law where you live, it's invalid and legally un-enforcable. That's a cold hard legal fact. Does this count as such a case? Get an attorney to check for you if you've got the $$$. If I ran CR I'd just change the practice because all it takes is one jurisdiction to decide it violates their laws and CR may be financially done. Remember, just because it's in a ToS doesn't always make it legal.
The Wise Wizard
99891 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 6/21/11

Furluge wrote:
When pretty much every over paid service gives you the remainder of the time you bought when you cancel and CR, you can scream to the hills that it's in the contract, but it's ultimately a losing position for CR.

It appears there are far larger companies than Crunchyroll that follow this practice. From the Netflix membership details:


No refunds or credit will be given for partial periods or unused rentals.


From the "Billing" section of their full Terms and Conditions (the ALL CAPS are not something I added):


All fees and charges are fully earned upon payment. Payments are nonrefundable and THERE ARE NO REFUNDS OR CREDITS FOR PARTIALLY USED PERIODS.


34937 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Raccoon City
Offline
Posted 6/21/11
I have a billing mistake/payment error, I contact the bank they tell the purchase was denied, now Im wondering if the purchase can be transfer/bill to another card (i have 2 cards saved on my payment methods) I just recently found out about the error when I checked the Order History, I normally just check the Premium Member Status which displayed "pending" instead of "payment error" under Current and Future Memberships
18052 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Richlands, North...
Offline
Posted 8/13/12

PhoenixBlaze wrote:

I have a billing mistake/payment error, I contact the bank they tell the purchase was denied, now Im wondering if the purchase can be transfer/bill to another card (i have 2 cards saved on my payment methods) I just recently found out about the error when I checked the Order History, I normally just check the Premium Member Status which displayed "pending" instead of "payment error" under Current and Future Memberships


I got a payment error to when i tried to sign up for 3 months of Premium Membership. I know theres money on the card i'm using.
jree78 
70288 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 8/15/12

GamerFan1 wrote:


PhoenixBlaze wrote:

I have a billing mistake/payment error, I contact the bank they tell the purchase was denied, now Im wondering if the purchase can be transfer/bill to another card (i have 2 cards saved on my payment methods) I just recently found out about the error when I checked the Order History, I normally just check the Premium Member Status which displayed "pending" instead of "payment error" under Current and Future Memberships


I got a payment error to when i tried to sign up for 3 months of Premium Membership. I know theres money on the card i'm using.


Make sure the address for your card matches the address Crunchyroll has, because that happened to me with apple once all I had to do was put drive after the street address.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.