First  Prev  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  Next  Last
What's your stress response?
4131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 5/16/12
I may also break the kitchen cabinets in half before taping them back together, just in case anyone's interested.
309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / The Unseelie Realm
Offline
Posted 5/16/12
I'm a very internalized person, so most of the time people around me don't know when I'm stressed. I just smile and act the way I always do. Until I reach my limit and completely blow up at the next thing (or person) that pisses me off. Then I usually lock myself somewhere and cry. A lot. And then I'm all better. ^^

Not exactly the healthiest thing, but hey, it works.
Posted 7/20/12

Tsuki_Yousei wrote:

I'm a very internalized person, so most of the time people around me don't know when I'm stressed. I just smile and act the way I always do. Until I reach my limit and completely blow up at the next thing (or person) that pisses me off. Then I usually lock myself somewhere and cry. A lot. And then I'm all better. ^^

Not exactly the healthiest thing, but hey, it works.


Haha, that's exactly what I do. I do it because I don't want other people to worry and because they have their own things to do. But yeah, definitely not healthy one bit. I had 3 break downs during 2 weeks because of major events flying in my face. People close to me started to realise and helped me get back on my feet.
Rajyrr 
28992 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Nova Scotia, Canada
Offline
Posted 7/20/12
I void my mind of thought for a few minutes. I find it's kind of like pressing the reset button on my brain. Then I start it back up once I'm sufficiently comatose.
24352 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New Zealand
Offline
Posted 7/20/12
I have an anxiety disorder so my responses to stress are usually very over-the-top. Lots of throwing things, hyperventilating, crying, screaming, running away, and so on.
Posted 7/20/12

Happencheese wrote:

I have an anxiety disorder so my responses to stress are usually very over-the-top. Lots of throwing things, hyperventilating, crying, screaming, running away, and so on.


Aww. Anxiety is worse than depression. God is just evil to us good folks.
Posted 7/20/12

Close my eyes while sigh deeply
24352 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New Zealand
Offline
Posted 7/20/12

negan wrote:


Happencheese wrote:

I have an anxiety disorder so my responses to stress are usually very over-the-top. Lots of throwing things, hyperventilating, crying, screaming, running away, and so on.


Aww. Anxiety is worse than depression. God is just evil to us good folks.


Yeah, it's really not pleasant. I've only started taking medication for it recently but they say it takes a while to kick in.
8508 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / i'm there. you kn...
Offline
Posted 7/20/12
i don't usually have any stress. i just don't get stressed out by things, or there's nothing to stress me out.
but when i am stressed i usually watch anime or take a nap.
171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Why should I tell...
Offline
Posted 7/20/12
I think about life overall...
33482 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Balmer, Murlin
Offline
Posted 7/20/12
I don't get stressed a lot, but when I do, I bottle it up and not show it, act all happy and nice. I don't like bothering people with my problems. If I'm really stressed, I'll wait til I'm alone and cry... Or I just take a nap and feel tons better. Naps fix everything!
Posted 7/20/12

Aokidanza wrote:

I don't get stressed a lot, but when I do, I bottle it up and not show it, act all happy and nice. I don't like bothering people with my problems. If I'm really stressed, I'll wait til I'm alone and cry... Or I just take a nap and feel tons better. Naps fix everything!


I was told that it was never good to go to bed angry. So I tested that theory... and sure enough; at least with me. I am even more pissed and angry than before I went to sleep. Cuz now I'm still stressed and I'm groggy which equals RAGE MODE

So now when I get really stressed, I go for a nice pleasant drive... until I have to school me some idiot that cuts me off to not fuck with a full size truck which equals ROAD RAGE MODE and infinitely more fun than just normal rage mode.
223 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Sacramento
Offline
Posted 7/20/12
i like this question. its not the same ol how do you deal with stress question. its asking things you do kinda subconsciously in the moment ^_^ iiii'll usually make the "ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff" sound. trying hard to actually not say "f*ck!" then i'll start cursing under my breath heh ^_^ sometimes i catch myself actually having the urge to punch something, cuz i never actually full on blow up.. but i never do xD cuz im not tryina break my hand punching a wall lolz
8802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Gotham City
Offline
Posted 7/20/12
I get very quiet and gloomy. My lips turn into a scowl and my eyes turn stormy. I'm the type of person who tends to internalize their stress and worries, because I don't want to bother/inconvenience/worry other people.
4427 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 10/21/12
According to my friend I grind my teeth at night.
First  Prev  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.