First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
A world without religion?
2546 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Sydney, Australia
Offline
Posted 1/14/08 , edited 4/24/08

applexshampoo wrote:


JoSh242 wrote:


applexshampoo wrote:

the war on terror is too complex to go into but it all started with a country wanting to put "trusted" political leaders in so they could in-directly control certain aspects of world economics, again that amounts to the land in which said aspects came from

jerusulem was only one crusade and it was land that was lost in previous campaigns. ww2 was nationalism but what that really means is "we're better than you, die!”

cold war wasn’t really a war per-say either but I do admit you’ve got a point there


i mean yeah i used a basic stand point for war on terror thats been bubling up for years. and the lebensraum policy for ladn for germans was a big policy, one of the mian factors but germnay wanted ethnic clensing and the abliteration of communisum. Another reason was the weakness of the league of nations ineffectivness to disarm gemrnay and allow them to continue to arm them selves to prevent war.

Onme key point is even without religon their will still be war and religon was a key part in the growth of the world with its control. some of the worlds greatest empires used religon as control eg the romans who were very spiritual. I dont care about religon relaly who am i to say to someone you can not follow religon. though i think its wrong saying that someone should as you then follow it for the wrong reasons. science would of or may have progressed faster as it is well documented that religon often held up, stoped or ridiculed scientisst that contradicte gods law and how the bible was created. In Darwins last copy of natural selection he wroste how his theory of evolution happend within 4000 years to coincide with the common belif of the age of the earth going by what the bible siad but they took it to litralley.



we agree on the main point though. war would still exist with out religion

and gabcom, let him think he's being clever


What?
201 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Novus Sector
Offline
Posted 1/14/08 , edited 4/24/08
Create our own beliefs and religion and kill everyone who is not worshiping our religion!! "PURGE THE INFIDELS" By the power of our lord blah blah!! pretty much of it that will
happen if there is no proper religion.. definitley its going to be worse..
2132 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Singapore ~
Offline
Posted 1/14/08 , edited 4/24/08
we are supposed to believe in something. But apperantly not these religions currently available.

but maybe there are some truth in them
26032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Saudia Arabia
Offline
Posted 1/14/08 , edited 4/24/08

Gabcom wrote:


Lomy wrote:


Gabcom wrote:


Lomy wrote:

withe out religion its makes life meaningless


Meaningless, like your post.


huh? what makes you said that? am believe in my religion coz am muslim and i cant live with out it rather my holelife depends on it ,so every one had own opinion about what they believed in ...hope you respect that.....GOD!!


I said it because you stated something, and didn't explain it nor back it up.
A majority of this community does it though, so I'm not really dissing on you personally. You just happened to appear during a religious debate =3


hmmm.. is that so? ok then hope u get the means now..
368 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 1/14/08 , edited 4/24/08
I think that South Park Wii episode said it best: even if it's not religion, no matter what it is, people will find something idealistic to cling onto in order to have something to bitch, moan, and argue about so they can pursue pointless violence. Religion has been the catalyst for this for thousands of years. If it ever disappears from the world, trust me, a new catalyst will be found, and the same sort of idealistic strife will occur.
2893 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / In Raccoon City
Offline
Posted 1/14/08 , edited 4/24/08
because of religion man- things like war and oppression exist because most people like to impose their beliefs on others.

without religion the world would still be bad but not as bad. also, man always wants an explanation for things so science would become our religion hehe


science is mine most of the time along with my own theories of superior forces, and higher beings.

554 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / England
Offline
Posted 1/14/08 , edited 4/24/08
War doesnt exist because of religion - religion was meant to deter men from killing each other - war exists because men use it as an excuse to attack each other - both sides believing they are right.

Personally I think its about time women ad a go at ruling the world - lol

"God creates dinosaurs
Dinosaurs go exstinct,
God creates man,
Man creates dinosaurs
dinosaurs eat man
women inherit the earth" hehe Jurassic Park
368 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 1/14/08 , edited 4/24/08
I don't really believe there is a thing such as a "Religious War". Religion is used a mask for an ulterior motive by leaders. Those who fight may think it's in the name of god, but that's really just a facade anyways.
1304 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / 808state
Offline
Posted 1/14/08 , edited 4/24/08
i think world would be better. not that im againts religon but isnt religon th reason why wars are started? well some of them at least. like most that are going on in the middle east?
4398 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 1/14/08 , edited 4/24/08
Can't imagine because they're are lots of greedy people wants to control other people. That's why religions are made because of power...
516 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / washington
Offline
Posted 1/14/08 , edited 4/24/08
i believe that the world would be better because there wouldnt be those religiouse sects that kill ppl then.
and ppl wouldnt argue about whats the right religion.
26342 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Stamford, CT
Offline
Posted 1/14/08 , edited 4/24/08
hate to say it but a world without religion I believe would be a more peaceful than it is now.... :sweatingbullets:

most of the world's biggest problems start with religion
all this trouble in the middle east woulnd't have happened, wouldn't have been any slaves(well slaves in the terms of like the ones of the US) and practically every war that ever had happened wouldn't of happened at all!
689 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 1/14/08 , edited 4/24/08

Kiri-san wrote:


RedCometRX wrote:

join the allied atheist alliance group!

there would be alot less stupidity and wars, like crusades wouldnt have happened, inquistion not happened, suicide bombings nada, ganesh bye bye, pedo preist dont exist, crazy cults whered they go,


Teehee, interesting view. However....
There are plenty of stupid atheists
No wars? Hmmm, people go to war over things like oil Capitalism vs. Communism, race etc not just religion.
yes no pedo priests, just pedo people
Cults, eh? That depends, since there is a distinction between religion and cult. Chances are, cults would exist anyway.
Personally, I doubt the world would be any better. People can be screwed up without religion and they can be scewed up with it.
Just the way we humans are...

MTC...


first i sed less stupid people and less wars not NO wars and not NO stupid people, of course theres stupid atheists theres stupid everything. pedo anything just sucks lol, and i guess the major cult would be star trek or something haha.
1023 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F
Offline
Posted 1/14/08 , edited 4/24/08

RedCometRX wrote:


Kiri-san wrote:


RedCometRX wrote:

join the allied atheist alliance group!

there would be alot less stupidity and wars, like crusades wouldnt have happened, inquistion not happened, suicide bombings nada, ganesh bye bye, pedo preist dont exist, crazy cults whered they go,


Teehee, interesting view. However....
There are plenty of stupid atheists
No wars? Hmmm, people go to war over things like oil Capitalism vs. Communism, race etc not just religion.
yes no pedo priests, just pedo people
Cults, eh? That depends, since there is a distinction between religion and cult. Chances are, cults would exist anyway.
Personally, I doubt the world would be any better. People can be screwed up without religion and they can be scewed up with it.
Just the way we humans are...

MTC...


first i sed less stupid people and less wars not NO wars and not NO stupid people, of course theres stupid atheists theres stupid everything. pedo anything just sucks lol, and i guess the major cult would be star trek or something haha.



Fair enough, I misread your quote. Point taken about less wars but I guess I disagree because even if religion was taken out, something else would replace it. I don't believe it would be an empty void.
689 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 1/14/08 , edited 4/24/08

Kiri-san wrote:


RedCometRX wrote:


Kiri-san wrote:


RedCometRX wrote:

join the allied atheist alliance group!

there would be alot less stupidity and wars, like crusades wouldnt have happened, inquistion not happened, suicide bombings nada, ganesh bye bye, pedo preist dont exist, crazy cults whered they go,


Teehee, interesting view. However....
There are plenty of stupid atheists
No wars? Hmmm, people go to war over things like oil Capitalism vs. Communism, race etc not just religion.
yes no pedo priests, just pedo people
Cults, eh? That depends, since there is a distinction between religion and cult. Chances are, cults would exist anyway.
Personally, I doubt the world would be any better. People can be screwed up without religion and they can be scewed up with it.
Just the way we humans are...

MTC...


first i sed less stupid people and less wars not NO wars and not NO stupid people, of course theres stupid atheists theres stupid everything. pedo anything just sucks lol, and i guess the major cult would be star trek or something haha.



Fair enough, I misread your quote. Point taken about less wars but I guess I disagree because even if religion was taken out, something else would replace it. I don't believe it would be an empty void.


lol thered def be some reason to machine gun eachother, probs just be resorces and territory like on its own with out religion
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.