First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
They just don't understand
85322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Colorado, USA
Offline
Posted 5/2/11 , edited 5/2/11
At first I was going to respond seriously, but then it became clear that Frank is deliberately trolling. Both his posts do an excellent job to provoke angry responses, so this thread should probably be locked before anything has the chance to escalate.

Now to respect those who are reading this thread on the assumption it was seriously, I'll add to the serious aspect. While there's plenty that I find to take pride in America, we do not feel that other countries "should be kneeling before us" as Frank clearly implies. Especially when people (like Frank) have not contributed to those matters that deserve pride. All major nations are in a relationship of mutual benefit these days, with how unified the world has become and is still progressing. Well evidenced in the fluxes in the "global economy" in recent times.

Indeed many unjust acts can be attributed as being Bin Laden's responsibility, thus it is reasonable to judge him to be a bad person. I cannot comprehensibly celebrate a human having been killed, but there is little to mourn or regret about a person like him. With his loss, the morale of Al-Qaeda should drop thus setting them into motion to fade out or otherwise weaken to be less of a threat. That is a favorable outcome from the death of a person.

Edit: shoot, in the 12 minutes I pondered and made this post, escalations were already in motion...
Posted 5/2/11

demo_Animation wrote:

I don't remember anything about 1700s american soldiers rounding up and killing groups priests (or any other peaceful men of religion).
I don't remember 1700s american soldiers slaughtering every innocent british citizen they could get their hands on.
I also don't remember 1700s american soldiers stoning their own people to death.
Osamas followers don't give a shit about their people.
Anyone who has done ANYTHING western is executed by them.


I said they were similar not the same. Before anyone gets the wrong idea, I'm not in defense of the Al-Qaeda. Yes, the Al-Qaeda are more extreme than Americans in the 1700s, but my point is there's really nothing to celebrate. Okay, America finally got rid of the mastermind behind the 9/11 attack, that's good. What now? Just get over it. Patriotism is what drive some people to do these actions.


Hoobladarf wrote:
Slowly, but surely an organization that spread violence and oppression is falling apart.


I'm not quite sure what will come out this, I haven't paid attention to the news today, but I heard there were bomb threats and more terrorist activities.

The way I see it, there are two possible results from Osama's death.

1) Strengthening the group.
2) Falling apart.
3245 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / New Jersey, U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 5/2/11
You got me. Pretty good troll huh : ) I was thinking of starting a thread on bigfoot to see how many people i could get to fight over other stupid things.
3245 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / New Jersey, U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 5/2/11
I was actually gonna bring out the "if it wasn't for America you would all be speaking German bit" but i figured the CR forums couldn't handle such massive trolling. First time trolling and its a success, might have to do this more.
50278 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Phatuum Thani, Th...
Offline
Posted 5/2/11

frank5448 wrote:

I was actually gonna bring out the "if it wasn't for America you would all be speaking German bit" but i figured the CR forums couldn't handle such massive trolling. First time trolling and its a success, might have to do this more.




You got me D:
114152 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / in a world where...
Offline
Posted 5/2/11 , edited 5/2/11

frank5448 wrote:

Maybe you guys dont understand because you weren't impacted directly. The way I see it is that if someone killed your family wouldn't you be happy when they died. Sure it doesn't bring back the dead but it makes you feel more at ease than knowing a killer is walking around after what they have done. So say what you want but I will keep being the proud Patriotic American that I am. I will cheer every time a terrorist is killed and freedom is protected. And yes i do approve of celebrating peoples deaths if they deserve to die.

Red, White and Blue no other will do



the way i see it is that its been nearly 10 years we should have moved on long ago...

im just as patriotic as u, i love this country but it doesn't mean i can't see its flaws and lament at the idiotic mistakes we make. we aren't truly free or i could kill someone without consequence of the law.

who are u to decide who "deserves to die"?

its that pride that gives us a bad name. maybe if we got down from our high horse and see eye to eye people might start liking us again


Hoobladarf wrote:

Your ignorance can be somewhat overpowering...
I won't say america is the best, but that because every culture is different and unique.

To say america is far from the best, why? I'm going to assume it's because you buy into propaganda that the world is ending and america is going to slide into the ocean of poverty?

Do you now know that half of the modern countries in the world, are in debt, including China!

America is awesome, I'm tired of people not being thankfull for the things we have and our country has given us.


i am thankful but that doesnt mean im going to blindly follow the pack. we have problem within our own borders we need to prioritize things thats all im saying. the only reason say that we are far from number 1 is mainly me being pessimistic and that its a real headache dealing with people that think we are some divine being's "gift to the world, so get behind us, get to the side, or we will mow you down"
85322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Colorado, USA
Offline
Posted 5/2/11

AsuraCryin wrote:


Hoobladarf wrote:
Slowly, but surely an organization that spread violence and oppression is falling apart.


I'm not quite sure what will come out this, I haven't paid attention to the news today, but I heard there were bomb threats and more terrorist activities.

The way I see it, there are two possible results from Osama's death.

1) Strengthening the group.
2) Falling apart.


Osama Bin Laden gave them direction, and had the words to give those people meaning to their lives (in ways we deem negative). It takes a lot of talent and charisma to pull people together in an organized fashion on such a large scale. His absence would weaken the foundation that unites them.

Such a group doesn't just cease acting and vanish. It is most logical that they will attempt to increase their activity. They won't give up their beliefs. Instead they'll act on those beliefs. However that is several separate minds, which inevitably means no single conclusion on how best to proceed. Being without proper unity is how such a group winds up fading, but their desperation should ensure more activity comes before less.

Extensive charisma is a rare trait, it's difficult for there to be a replacement leader with equal influence.
3245 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / New Jersey, U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 5/2/11
The way i really feel is that I am proud to be an American and live here despite all its flaws. I have considered joining the military for numerous years. I am happy that he is dead so i said my woo-hoo and resumed my life. I didn't kill him or lose anything from this war so its pointless to "brag" about what i didn't do. Thankfully my brother made it home form Iraq unharmed and thats what matters to me. Thanks for being the victims of my first troll attempt.
23034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / boys locker room
Offline
Posted 5/2/11

frank5448 wrote:

I was actually gonna bring out the "if it wasn't for America you would all be speaking German bit" but i figured the CR forums couldn't handle such massive trolling. First time trolling and its a success, might have to do this more.


Haha, I knew it! I just knew it x)
Look! People are still arguing!

3245 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / New Jersey, U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 5/2/11
Nice pic its so american and "stuck up". this was pretty fun : )
15173 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/2/11



Hoobladarf wrote:

Your ignorance can be somewhat overpowering...
I won't say america is the best, but that because every culture is different and unique.

To say america is far from the best, why? I'm going to assume it's because you buy into propaganda that the world is ending and america is going to slide into the ocean of poverty?

Do you now know that half of the modern countries in the world, are in debt, including China!

America is awesome, I'm tired of people not being thankfull for the things we have and our country has given us.


i am thankful but that doesnt mean im going to blindly follow the pack. we have problem within our own borders we need to prioritize things thats all im saying. the only reason say that we are far from number 1 is mainly me being pessimistic and that its a real headache dealing with people that think we are some divine being's "gift to the world, so get behind us, get to the side, or we will mow you down"


I see your point, but with America being a super power, I see it as our obligation to help bring peace to the world. Al Qaeda has created violence around the world, and taking out the leader has cut the head off this violent group.

The world is a much better place with him being gone, and regardless if most of the world hates us, our country has done a lot of good.
23034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / boys locker room
Offline
Posted 5/2/11

frank5448 wrote:

Nice pic its so american and "stuck up". this was pretty fun : )


I feel like spamming America, but the continuing arguments are just too beautiful. I'm gonna sit back and enjoy now
3245 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / New Jersey, U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 5/2/11
I know what you mean its fun to watch. There are so many fights like this on facebook and even youtube, its kinda sad. People need to seriously move on and get over it.
Posted 5/2/11

KleinerSkollexxx wrote:

I feel like spamming America, but the continuing arguments are just too beautiful. I'm gonna sit back and enjoy now :)


I wouldn't say that we're arguing, but a civil discussion. Though... I do feel cheated that I got trolled.

Anyways, somewhat on topic.

With Osama gone, America can go back and improve its image. Though I have to disagree with Hoobladarf about America's obligation to bring peace. I'm not able to think properly right now so I'll elaborate on it if I decide to return. I'll be off to sleep now.
23034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / boys locker room
Offline
Posted 5/2/11
Oh lawdy, don't get me started on Youtube! Oh lawdy lawdy, have you read, say, the comments to Rammstein videos? Oh man, it's, like, WW3! I haven't been on FB though, so I couldn't say. I like CR and all, but when trolls like you come in to reek havoc, I can't help but get a few laughs myself x)
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.