Created by peepsed
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Should Crunchyroll have a instant chat window?
51633 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / San antonio,Tx
Offline
Posted 5/3/11 , edited 5/3/11
Wouldn't it be nice to have a instant chat window on the bottom corner so you can talk to your friends without having to leave a chain of comments on a page? Or even better have a chat window for people who are watching the same anime at the same time. So, you can watch and chat about the anime all at the same time.

Tell me what you think about the idea's!
587 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 5/3/11 , edited 5/3/11
Wouldn't it ruin the point of the forum? I think that everyone would be on there instead of here. :P
114152 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / in a world where...
Offline
Posted 5/3/11 , edited 5/3/11
we had a chat room... it didnt work out so well

so no i dont think this would work
410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
105 / F / Peacefulness
Offline
Posted 5/3/11
If it won't lag the site, then yes.
51633 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / San antonio,Tx
Offline
Posted 5/3/11
I see. So then what about the second idea of a chat window that only comes up when two or more people are watching the same anime at the same time. It would allow for instant chat but at the same time I don't think it would destroy the forms. It would not always be used and when it is, it would just allow members to chat for a brief time ( around 22min). I think it might even add to the form. Members could the discuss the anime between one another. This would allow for a brainstorm that that could give a person the idea to add a new subject that is more refined to the forms because it was already discussed pre - hand. Maybe two people had a issue about the anime that they did't agree upon. They would then post a new topic to get outsiders opinions on the matter. So, maybe not a full blown chat room but more of a small discussion room that takes part in a live anime stream.
54331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 5/3/11
I don't mind.

It beats writing on others' guestbook over and over.
25823 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 5/4/11

peepsed wrote:

I see. So then what about the second idea of a chat window that only comes up when two or more people are watching the same anime at the same time. It would allow for instant chat but at the same time I don't think it would destroy the forms. It would not always be used and when it is, it would just allow members to chat for a brief time ( around 22min). I think it might even add to the form. Members could the discuss the anime between one another. This would allow for a brainstorm that that could give a person the idea to add a new subject that is more refined to the forms because it was already discussed pre - hand. Maybe two people had a issue about the anime that they did't agree upon. They would then post a new topic to get outsiders opinions on the matter. So, maybe not a full blown chat room but more of a small discussion room that takes part in a live anime stream.


I know other anime sites have chatango embedded in their page. I never touched it though I will say yes to that I don't see the point of having a comment page on the video since I really never go back to see peoples responses.
51633 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / San antonio,Tx
Offline
Posted 5/4/11
I agree. Also when and if I read the comments they sometimes give away some of the episode. :s
I do think that the chat page is done all wrong. Make it an instant window not something you have to go to separately. A lot of people online like to multi task. Having a whole new page to chat wont attract a lot of people. Have it right there at you bottom right corner. Easy access is what people want. So I believe.
50252 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 5/4/11
I really think we shud have a chat room thatd be cool!
16277 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / With Jesus
Offline
Posted 5/4/11
I miss our chat rooms. I had so much fun on those. It's where I met most of my friends on CR.
17562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 5/4/11
Honestly, it would annoy the hell out of me if at anytime someone could just start talking to me. And it would probably happen often too. And when I'm doing or watching something I tend to leave CR open so if someone starts talking to me, I wouldn't get back to them until 15 minutes later.
Also, there are some people who are just plane weird and/or don't have anything good to talk about. That puts both of us in an awkward position. Plus, what if I'm like "How do I even respond to that?"
I sometimes feel like it's a disadvantage at Facebook (because of what I just said above) too.

I'd stick to just comments on people's profiles.
Posted 5/5/11
yes! good idea!
51633 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / San antonio,Tx
Offline
Posted 5/5/11

shirayukiIce wrote:

Honestly, it would annoy the hell out of me if at anytime someone could just start talking to me. And it would probably happen often too. And when I'm doing or watching something I tend to leave CR open so if someone starts talking to me, I wouldn't get back to them until 15 minutes later.
Also, there are some people who are just plane weird and/or don't have anything good to talk about. That puts both of us in an awkward position. Plus, what if I'm like "How do I even respond to that?"
I sometimes feel like it's a disadvantage at Facebook (because of what I just said above) too.

I'd stick to just comments on people's profiles.



Ok, The how about a option where people can't just IM you. You Have option where:
EX: "Sam" sent you a message" Do you accept?""
" Sent 15 min ago"

So, if in the case they try to SPAM you they cannot unless you agree to accepting their message.

Now we are refining what it means to IM.

Posted 5/5/11
If it doesn't interfere with the connection on this site, then sure.
17562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 5/5/11

peepsed wrote:


shirayukiIce wrote:

Honestly, it would annoy the hell out of me if at anytime someone could just start talking to me. And it would probably happen often too. And when I'm doing or watching something I tend to leave CR open so if someone starts talking to me, I wouldn't get back to them until 15 minutes later.
Also, there are some people who are just plane weird and/or don't have anything good to talk about. That puts both of us in an awkward position. Plus, what if I'm like "How do I even respond to that?"
I sometimes feel like it's a disadvantage at Facebook (because of what I just said above) too.

I'd stick to just comments on people's profiles.



Ok, The how about a option where people can't just IM you. You Have option where:
EX: "Sam" sent you a message" Do you accept?""
" Sent 15 min ago"

So, if in the case they try to SPAM you they cannot unless you agree to accepting their message.

Now we are refining what it means to IM.



Well to me, if I tried to IM someone and they declined I would get kind of offended and never try to message them again lol.
I guess it could work out in some cases, like not accepting or declining.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.