First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Post Reply Anime for mature adults and I don't mean hentai or the likes
66693 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 5/7/11
higurash, uminkeo, akira, blue seed, claymore, berserker, queens blade, freezing, ghost in the shell hell what others do you want me to list?
34250 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 5/7/11
naruto!
31152 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 5/7/11
Well it might not be so much a "mature" anime but it is thought provoking, keeps you guessing and reaches out and entertains all the same. it is a unique and original series and strays from the animes that focus on fighting as most to do today. The best thing is you can watch it on here! If you haven't already check out Stiens Gate.
4232 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Leaf village
Offline
Posted 5/8/11
all underrated anime
Posted 5/8/11
The Studio Ghibli movie "Only Yesterday" has some very mature themes
its about an adult reflecting back on the memories of her childhood and how her life has turned out since then
48789 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / ewan ko
Offline
Posted 5/8/11
Golgo 13. it was pretty lame for me though.. and cowboy bebop..?
I'm not really sure what interests adults
15043 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / New York City
Offline
Posted 5/8/11

SkipRat wrote:

I am 36 and been watching anime for 23 years so I have seen a lot of anime and my options are running low.

What I am after is deep slow and thought provoking anime for the more mature and serious of mind, something specifically aim towards adults that I can sink my teeth into and enjoy. As quite frankly the UK listing for anime on crunchyroll is pretty dire and pitiful at best.

Any suggestions?


agreed I hope this won't be a turn off for me in the future...

Posted 5/8/11 , edited 5/8/11
A lot that I know were taken. Here's some others I figured:

5 Centimeters per Second (thoughtful and romantic),

Full Metal Panic (it's half n half youngsters and some adult themes),

Soranowoto (more slice of life but a tear jerker),

Ghost in the Shell, movies and I suppose T.V series too.

SHANGRI-LA (I can't remember if it was any good but some gruesome stuff in it none the less),

Haibane Renmei (another slice of life, good for a relaxing day and kinda deep),

Texhnolyze (Extremely gruesome, currently watched 1 episode),

Bakemonogatari (a personal fave cause I love tsunderes and it's an extremely good watch with gross images too)

Don't laugh, I never got to watch this series properly when it was on T.V but I heard CardCaptor Sakura was quite phenomenal in it's reviews and thoughtful. Saying initial appearances can be deceiving goes well with this series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardcaptor_Sakura#Reception
66693 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 5/8/11

The_Roy_42 wrote:

The Studio Ghibli movie "Only Yesterday" has some very mature themes
its about an adult reflecting back on the memories of her childhood and how her life has turned out since then


add grave of fire flies to that as well... that's a movie I can not review because I will have to much biased towards it.
Posted 5/8/11

Cecilthedarkknight234 wrote:


The_Roy_42 wrote:

The Studio Ghibli movie "Only Yesterday" has some very mature themes
its about an adult reflecting back on the memories of her childhood and how her life has turned out since then


add grave of fire flies to that as well... that's a movie I can not review because I will have to much biased towards it.


yes and Grave of the Fireflies, I thought that movie portrayed the reality of war very well
a very emotional film, not for the light hearted, certainly mature
66693 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 5/8/11 , edited 5/8/11

AdamIdris101 wrote:

A lot that I know were taken. Here's some others I figured:

5 Centimeters per Second (thoughtful and romantic),

Full Metal Panic (it's half n half youngsters and some adult themes),

Soranowoto (more slice of life but a tear jerker),

Ghost in the Shell, movies and I suppose T.V series too.

SHANGRI-LA (I can't remember if it was any good but some gruesome stuff in it none the less),

Haibane Renmei (another slice of life, good for a relaxing day and kinda deep),

Texhnolyze (Extremely gruesome, currently watched 1 episode),

Bakemonogatari (a personal fave cause I love tsunderes and it's an extremely good watch with gross images too)

Don't laugh, I never got to watch this series properly when it was on T.V but I heard CardCaptor Sakura was quite phenomenal in it's reviews and thoughtful. Saying initial appearances can be deceiving goes well with this series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardcaptor_Sakura#Reception


ccs had a lot of themes that both young and older people can enjoy no matter what sex so that's what made it such a good series. I have all the blu ray.. well you can guess how.. but there is no company left in America that has it not unless people want to pay over 400 dollars for used dvd's or pay after converting yen to american dollars for both sets from japan in blu ray a whopping 1,400$ with out tax and shipping.

Since I am double posting again 3 more anime I can think of, kurenai, dennou coil and Tokyo magnitude 8.0, my all time favorite clannad/after story are good as well. This season ano hana and Iroha as well. yes those are drama/comedy/slice of shows but still most teens do not even bother with them so well that's all I can think off besides the blood/gore with tits.
39522 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Edmonton, Alberta...
Offline
Posted 5/8/11
Here are some movies and series, that in my opinion, are more mature and adult oriented. My tastes also run along the lines of liking shows with depth and feeling, as well as mature rated visuals and themes.

Movies:


Wings of Honneamise
Silent Service
The Venus Wars
Big Wars
MD Geist 1, and 2
Rail of the Stars
A Wind Named Amnesia
Voices of a Distant Star
Tokyo Godfathers

Series:

Area 88
Suzuka
Zipang
Posted 5/8/11
108980 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 5/10/11
Viz Anime website is broadcasting subbed Monster episodes every Friday.
11461 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / The System of Sol
Offline
Posted 5/14/11

The_Roy_42 wrote:


Cecilthedarkknight234 wrote:


The_Roy_42 wrote:

The Studio Ghibli movie "Only Yesterday" has some very mature themes
its about an adult reflecting back on the memories of her childhood and how her life has turned out since then


add grave of fire flies to that as well... that's a movie I can not review because I will have to much biased towards it.


yes and Grave of the Fireflies, I thought that movie portrayed the reality of war very well
a very emotional film, not for the light hearted, certainly mature


Only ever seen it twice and twice was enough. Nothing has made me feel so ashamed to be human and sad.

A truly amazing film.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.