First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
What J-star is famous but doesn't deserve to be?
2012 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / somewhere u never...
Offline
Posted 10/25/08

chocolateislove wrote:


kkangelbv_101 wrote:

well a few je boys are overrated but u cant say they dont have any talent...i mean they all work hard and are very respectful to their fans unlike other stars who act all snotty and stuck up....but if i really had to choose one it would probably be Leah Dizon...first shes not even japanese but she isnt all that great...and i read once she was compared to Ai Otsuka, Utada Hikaru, and Ayumi Hamasaki
which is out of the questions because she isnt that great i mean shes pretty but her voice isnt unique or special..anyone can sing her songs better than she can


I wholeheartedly agree. It is sad that Japan loves her so much when they have great artists like Utada Hikaru, Ai Otsuka, and Ayumi Hamasaki who actually have creative control over their careers (despite Ai and Ayumi being in avex). It's not just Leah Dizon's singing that makes her overrated, but her lack of control over even the songs she sings.

Also, did you hear she recently got pregnant and is marrying her stylist? ~Scandal...... So she probably won't be in the music sphere for a while.


yeah i heard about that which made me somewhat felt sorry for her but then again im glad it wasnt any of the je boys...ryo really likes her too which gets on my nerves oh well she isnt going for any of my je boys now
Posted 10/25/08
A LOT of Taiwanese and Chinese boybands/artists is all i can think of.
But, I do think that many Japanese artists don't deserve a lot either.
I mean, most Japanese artists jumpstart their career with an anime opening/ending right?

Oh yeah, and let me say that Hyde does deserve to be famous!
I really don't like it when people who prefer pop/hip-hop say things like that over rock/alternative. that's just not right.

If you hate on Hyde, you hate on all the other j-rock idols like Yoshiki too.
2276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/25/08
newS, hey say jump etc
2366 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76
Offline
Posted 10/25/08
Although most of JE guys can't sing, they still deserve to be famous because they work hard for it! and they don't have to be good at singing, because they're IDOLS.
2366 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76
Offline
Posted 10/25/08 , edited 10/25/08

vietgirl11 wrote:

A LOT of Taiwanese and Chinese boybands/artists is all i can think of.
But, I do think that many Japanese artists don't deserve a lot either.
I mean, most Japanese artists jumpstart their career with an anime opening/ending right?

Oh yeah, and let me say that Hyde does deserve to be famous!
I really don't like it when people who prefer pop/hip-hop say things like that over rock/alternative. that's just not right.

If you hate on Hyde, you hate on all the other j-rock idols like Yoshiki too.
how can you say they don't deserve it? If they work harder than anybody else, then they totally deserve i. Even boy bands or girl bands(especially idols) have you seen how hard they work to be on tv? they don't just sit there and look pretty. They work their ass off like every single day even they have schools, they go to work and lessons every single day. That's how they become famous. so I'd say all of them deserve it

1630 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Somewhere
Offline
Posted 10/26/08
methinks leah dizon
9483 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Oregon
Offline
Posted 10/26/08
I guess it depend on how you define 'deserve'. Do they entertain you? Then they're doing they're job and they 'deserve' to be entertainers. I really can't think of any singers that don't deserve they're fame.....actors on the other hand, plenty.
Posted 10/26/08

sutoroberi-miruku wrote:


vietgirl11 wrote:

A LOT of Taiwanese and Chinese boybands/artists is all i can think of.
But, I do think that many Japanese artists don't deserve a lot either.
I mean, most Japanese artists jumpstart their career with an anime opening/ending right?

Oh yeah, and let me say that Hyde does deserve to be famous!
I really don't like it when people who prefer pop/hip-hop say things like that over rock/alternative. that's just not right.

If you hate on Hyde, you hate on all the other j-rock idols like Yoshiki too.
how can you say they don't deserve it? If they work harder than anybody else, then they totally deserve i. Even boy bands or girl bands(especially idols) have you seen how hard they work to be on tv? they don't just sit there and look pretty. They work their ass off like every single day even they have schools, they go to work and lessons every single day. That's how they become famous. so I'd say all of them deserve it



we're talking about people that deserved to be famous by working hard to get where they are today. DBSK, Ayumi Hamasaki, NewS, etc.. I guess they deserve a spot because they worked their way up in different, but difficult ways. For example:

There's this Vietnamese artist I listen to named Bao Thy. People only think she's cute because she had plastic surgery before she entered the business. When she was in high school, she went out with this guy. Not because he was cute or love though. It was because his father was a music producer. When his father found her an agent and helped her make a demo album, she left the guy and went off to a different company and started her career there.
That's an example of NOT deserving something.
2366 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76
Offline
Posted 10/26/08

vietgirl11 wrote:


sutoroberi-miruku wrote:


vietgirl11 wrote:

A LOT of Taiwanese and Chinese boybands/artists is all i can think of.
But, I do think that many Japanese artists don't deserve a lot either.
I mean, most Japanese artists jumpstart their career with an anime opening/ending right?

Oh yeah, and let me say that Hyde does deserve to be famous!
I really don't like it when people who prefer pop/hip-hop say things like that over rock/alternative. that's just not right.

If you hate on Hyde, you hate on all the other j-rock idols like Yoshiki too.
how can you say they don't deserve it? If they work harder than anybody else, then they totally deserve i. Even boy bands or girl bands(especially idols) have you seen how hard they work to be on tv? they don't just sit there and look pretty. They work their ass off like every single day even they have schools, they go to work and lessons every single day. That's how they become famous. so I'd say all of them deserve it



we're talking about people that deserved to be famous by working hard to get where they are today. DBSK, Ayumi Hamasaki, NewS, etc.. I guess they deserve a spot because they worked their way up in different, but difficult ways. For example:

There's this Vietnamese artist I listen to named Bao Thy. People only think she's cute because she had plastic surgery before she entered the business. When she was in high school, she went out with this guy. Not because he was cute or love though. It was because his father was a music producer. When his father found her an agent and helped her make a demo album, she left the guy and went off to a different company and started her career there.
That's an example of NOT deserving something.
but you said most of the J artists and boy bands don't deserve it. I used to think boy bands and girl bands were lame too but I saw documentary about how hard they work. So that's when I started thinking they deserve to be famous. I don't know who Bao is but before talking about her talent or popularity, sounds like she failed as human being. I feel sorry for the guy

12723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Malaysia the land...
Offline
Posted 10/26/08
JE guys make me bored...all gay people.
Yamapi is too overrated and fangirls do not quote me and bash me I am merely stating that I don't find him talented k?
4105 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Australia
Offline
Posted 10/26/08
Leah Dizon.
she cant sing at all........
3255 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / in OUR(mine and i...
Offline
Posted 10/26/08
i think JE boys deserve to be famous. though some have a point that they're not a good singers( but great dancers), they really work hard on improving. their hardwork is the reason why they deserve to be famous. XD
4923 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 10/26/08 , edited 10/28/08
DON'T BASH ME.

I think JE stars deserve their status of being "famous". They worked hard for it. Plus they can almost do anything. Sing[although not the best singers,but they can sing],Dance[not like Chris Brown,but still they can dance] and Act[not the best,but they can still act]. So I really think they deserve it all.
As for me, I love all JE stars specially yamaPi and Matsumoto Jun.
3834 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Germany
Offline
Posted 10/26/08
JE .. lol... i understand that they have worked hard and all but still.. they are not really the best singers they just have the looks =D
anyway.. don't get me wrong.. actually i'm a fan of a lot of JE bands ^^
838 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Florida
Offline
Posted 10/26/08
I could go on a rant about how much I think every asian boyband doesn't deserve their fame and about how they can't sing, ect.... But I won't cause I'm in too good a mood to flame right now XD
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.