First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
What J-star is famous but doesn't deserve to be?
546 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
72 / M / bay area
Offline
Posted 10/26/08
yamapi or whatever..
hes just for looks
71 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23
Offline
Posted 10/26/08
For girl...

I don't care how Nami Tamaki or Hayami Kishimoto act in real life...

They can't sing live....

And their "dance" talent is so over rated.
313 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Garden Grove
Offline
Posted 10/26/08
Leah Dizon man...why is she even in the singing business, she is pretty but her voice is amateurish, she's being compared to Ai Otsuka, Utada Hikaru and Ayumi Hamasaki? though I don't think Ai Otsuka and Ayumi can sing that well, they're still wayy better than Leah Dizon. Now that she's married and pregnant maybe she'll leave the singing business.
Posted 10/26/08

sutoroberi-miruku wrote:


vietgirl11 wrote:


sutoroberi-miruku wrote:


vietgirl11 wrote:

A LOT of Taiwanese and Chinese boybands/artists is all i can think of.
But, I do think that many Japanese artists don't deserve a lot either.
I mean, most Japanese artists jumpstart their career with an anime opening/ending right?

Oh yeah, and let me say that Hyde does deserve to be famous!
I really don't like it when people who prefer pop/hip-hop say things like that over rock/alternative. that's just not right.

If you hate on Hyde, you hate on all the other j-rock idols like Yoshiki too.
how can you say they don't deserve it? If they work harder than anybody else, then they totally deserve i. Even boy bands or girl bands(especially idols) have you seen how hard they work to be on tv? they don't just sit there and look pretty. They work their ass off like every single day even they have schools, they go to work and lessons every single day. That's how they become famous. so I'd say all of them deserve it



we're talking about people that deserved to be famous by working hard to get where they are today. DBSK, Ayumi Hamasaki, NewS, etc.. I guess they deserve a spot because they worked their way up in different, but difficult ways. For example:

There's this Vietnamese artist I listen to named Bao Thy. People only think she's cute because she had plastic surgery before she entered the business. When she was in high school, she went out with this guy. Not because he was cute or love though. It was because his father was a music producer. When his father found her an agent and helped her make a demo album, she left the guy and went off to a different company and started her career there.
That's an example of NOT deserving something.
but you said most of the J artists and boy bands don't deserve it. I used to think boy bands and girl bands were lame too but I saw documentary about how hard they work. So that's when I started thinking they deserve to be famous. I don't know who Bao is but before talking about her talent or popularity, sounds like she failed as human being. I feel sorry for the guy



i think that a lot of j-artists don't deserve it because most of them became famous through anime openings/endings. most anime directors/producers ask people to send in their music as a demo. i mean, did anyone ever know who On/Off was until Vampire Knight premiered?
as for boy bands, i know they work hard, but there are some bands that just don't do anything. i don't know how to explain it though....
2366 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76
Offline
Posted 10/26/08

vietgirl11 wrote:


sutoroberi-miruku wrote:


vietgirl11 wrote:


sutoroberi-miruku wrote:


vietgirl11 wrote:

A LOT of Taiwanese and Chinese boybands/artists is all i can think of.
But, I do think that many Japanese artists don't deserve a lot either.
I mean, most Japanese artists jumpstart their career with an anime opening/ending right?

Oh yeah, and let me say that Hyde does deserve to be famous!
I really don't like it when people who prefer pop/hip-hop say things like that over rock/alternative. that's just not right.

If you hate on Hyde, you hate on all the other j-rock idols like Yoshiki too.
how can you say they don't deserve it? If they work harder than anybody else, then they totally deserve i. Even boy bands or girl bands(especially idols) have you seen how hard they work to be on tv? they don't just sit there and look pretty. They work their ass off like every single day even they have schools, they go to work and lessons every single day. That's how they become famous. so I'd say all of them deserve it



we're talking about people that deserved to be famous by working hard to get where they are today. DBSK, Ayumi Hamasaki, NewS, etc.. I guess they deserve a spot because they worked their way up in different, but difficult ways. For example:

There's this Vietnamese artist I listen to named Bao Thy. People only think she's cute because she had plastic surgery before she entered the business. When she was in high school, she went out with this guy. Not because he was cute or love though. It was because his father was a music producer. When his father found her an agent and helped her make a demo album, she left the guy and went off to a different company and started her career there.
That's an example of NOT deserving something.
but you said most of the J artists and boy bands don't deserve it. I used to think boy bands and girl bands were lame too but I saw documentary about how hard they work. So that's when I started thinking they deserve to be famous. I don't know who Bao is but before talking about her talent or popularity, sounds like she failed as human being. I feel sorry for the guy



i think that a lot of j-artists don't deserve it because most of them became famous through anime openings/endings. most anime directors/producers ask people to send in their music as a demo. i mean, did anyone ever know who On/Off was until Vampire Knight premiered?
as for boy bands, i know they work hard, but there are some bands that just don't do anything. i don't know how to explain it though....
0-0 not really, maybe only on the net but most of J-artist don't become famous because of anime. In fact, in Japan people who obsessed with anime are consider as nerd. And people in Japan don't usually listen to anime songs like people on the net. for example, Nightmare, this jrock band they were famous before they sang the song for death note. Actually most of the artists who sings anime song are not that popular in Japan. Even if they do become famous through singing anime song, they always end up becoming unpopular after singing 1 song. You may not live in Japan so you might not know but most of popular J-artists don't sing anime song in Japan. I think only on the internet, especially foreigners seem to love anime so much so they think anime songs are all what J-artist got. if you go to Japan and tell people "I like song from this and this anime!" they'll be like 0-0..."she/he's anime nerd" so id rather feel sorry for artists who sing anime song because they don't usually get that famous.

13914 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 10/26/08
Leah Dizon.... i mean no offence, but i think she's juz a pretty face
Posted 10/28/08
Yamapi ... he can't sing and he can't dance.
i still say that if he didn't act in nobuta wo produce he wouldn't be
as popular as he is now...
Although he is ok at acting, but not when you compare him to actors like Oguri Shun.
4084 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/28/08

rebeliuz wrote:

Leah Dizon man...why is she even in the singing business, she is pretty but her voice is amateurish, she's being compared to Ai Otsuka, Utada Hikaru and Ayumi Hamasaki? though I don't think Ai Otsuka and Ayumi can sing that well, they're still wayy better than Leah Dizon. Now that she's married and pregnant maybe she'll leave the singing business.


LoL Leah Dizon is married and Preggo?

I agree with the Ayumi Hamasaki thing though...
she can really sing all that much, her voice is....too raspy
kinda like she can't really hit the high notes.
Posted 10/28/08

sutoroberi-miruku wrote:


vietgirl11 wrote:


sutoroberi-miruku wrote:


vietgirl11 wrote:


sutoroberi-miruku wrote:


vietgirl11 wrote:

A LOT of Taiwanese and Chinese boybands/artists is all i can think of.
But, I do think that many Japanese artists don't deserve a lot either.
I mean, most Japanese artists jumpstart their career with an anime opening/ending right?

Oh yeah, and let me say that Hyde does deserve to be famous!
I really don't like it when people who prefer pop/hip-hop say things like that over rock/alternative. that's just not right.

If you hate on Hyde, you hate on all the other j-rock idols like Yoshiki too.
how can you say they don't deserve it? If they work harder than anybody else, then they totally deserve i. Even boy bands or girl bands(especially idols) have you seen how hard they work to be on tv? they don't just sit there and look pretty. They work their ass off like every single day even they have schools, they go to work and lessons every single day. That's how they become famous. so I'd say all of them deserve it



we're talking about people that deserved to be famous by working hard to get where they are today. DBSK, Ayumi Hamasaki, NewS, etc.. I guess they deserve a spot because they worked their way up in different, but difficult ways. For example:

There's this Vietnamese artist I listen to named Bao Thy. People only think she's cute because she had plastic surgery before she entered the business. When she was in high school, she went out with this guy. Not because he was cute or love though. It was because his father was a music producer. When his father found her an agent and helped her make a demo album, she left the guy and went off to a different company and started her career there.
That's an example of NOT deserving something.
but you said most of the J artists and boy bands don't deserve it. I used to think boy bands and girl bands were lame too but I saw documentary about how hard they work. So that's when I started thinking they deserve to be famous. I don't know who Bao is but before talking about her talent or popularity, sounds like she failed as human being. I feel sorry for the guy



i think that a lot of j-artists don't deserve it because most of them became famous through anime openings/endings. most anime directors/producers ask people to send in their music as a demo. i mean, did anyone ever know who On/Off was until Vampire Knight premiered?
as for boy bands, i know they work hard, but there are some bands that just don't do anything. i don't know how to explain it though....

0-0 not really, maybe only on the net but most of J-artist don't become famous because of anime. In fact, in Japan people who obsessed with anime are consider as nerd. And people in Japan don't usually listen to anime songs like people on the net. for example, Nightmare, this jrock band they were famous before they sang the song for death note. Actually most of the artists who sings anime song are not that popular in Japan. Even if they do become famous through singing anime song, they always end up becoming unpopular after singing 1 song. You may not live in Japan so you might not know but most of popular J-artists don't sing anime song in Japan. I think only on the internet, especially foreigners seem to love anime so much so they think anime songs are all what J-artist got. if you go to Japan and tell people "I like song from this and this anime!" they'll be like 0-0..."she/he's anime nerd" so id rather feel sorry for artists who sing anime song because they don't usually get that famous.



actually, i'm part jap. :)
Haha, Otaku. There are actually some really proud Otakus though. Japan isn't like America where everyone is judged. If you're an Otaku, ok. If you where decora, ok.
Oh, I know Nightmare. I was a fan of their work before Death Note came along.
I know that a lot of people don't become famous that easily, even with an anime op/ed.
however, it actually really is a big step into the entertainment business.
some times they actually debut their songs and albums on an anime.
of course foreigners love anime or J-music because that's the closests some of them might ever get to Japan.
2366 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76
Offline
Posted 10/28/08

vietgirl11 wrote:


sutoroberi-miruku wrote:


vietgirl11 wrote:


sutoroberi-miruku wrote:


vietgirl11 wrote:


sutoroberi-miruku wrote:


vietgirl11 wrote:

A LOT of Taiwanese and Chinese boybands/artists is all i can think of.
But, I do think that many Japanese artists don't deserve a lot either.
I mean, most Japanese artists jumpstart their career with an anime opening/ending right?

Oh yeah, and let me say that Hyde does deserve to be famous!
I really don't like it when people who prefer pop/hip-hop say things like that over rock/alternative. that's just not right.

If you hate on Hyde, you hate on all the other j-rock idols like Yoshiki too.
how can you say they don't deserve it? If they work harder than anybody else, then they totally deserve i. Even boy bands or girl bands(especially idols) have you seen how hard they work to be on tv? they don't just sit there and look pretty. They work their ass off like every single day even they have schools, they go to work and lessons every single day. That's how they become famous. so I'd say all of them deserve it



we're talking about people that deserved to be famous by working hard to get where they are today. DBSK, Ayumi Hamasaki, NewS, etc.. I guess they deserve a spot because they worked their way up in different, but difficult ways. For example:

There's this Vietnamese artist I listen to named Bao Thy. People only think she's cute because she had plastic surgery before she entered the business. When she was in high school, she went out with this guy. Not because he was cute or love though. It was because his father was a music producer. When his father found her an agent and helped her make a demo album, she left the guy and went off to a different company and started her career there.
That's an example of NOT deserving something.
but you said most of the J artists and boy bands don't deserve it. I used to think boy bands and girl bands were lame too but I saw documentary about how hard they work. So that's when I started thinking they deserve to be famous. I don't know who Bao is but before talking about her talent or popularity, sounds like she failed as human being. I feel sorry for the guy



i think that a lot of j-artists don't deserve it because most of them became famous through anime openings/endings. most anime directors/producers ask people to send in their music as a demo. i mean, did anyone ever know who On/Off was until Vampire Knight premiered?
as for boy bands, i know they work hard, but there are some bands that just don't do anything. i don't know how to explain it though....

0-0 not really, maybe only on the net but most of J-artist don't become famous because of anime. In fact, in Japan people who obsessed with anime are consider as nerd. And people in Japan don't usually listen to anime songs like people on the net. for example, Nightmare, this jrock band they were famous before they sang the song for death note. Actually most of the artists who sings anime song are not that popular in Japan. Even if they do become famous through singing anime song, they always end up becoming unpopular after singing 1 song. You may not live in Japan so you might not know but most of popular J-artists don't sing anime song in Japan. I think only on the internet, especially foreigners seem to love anime so much so they think anime songs are all what J-artist got. if you go to Japan and tell people "I like song from this and this anime!" they'll be like 0-0..."she/he's anime nerd" so id rather feel sorry for artists who sing anime song because they don't usually get that famous.



actually, i'm part jap. :)
Haha, Otaku. There are actually some really proud Otakus though. Japan isn't like America where everyone is judged. If you're an Otaku, ok. If you where decora, ok.
Oh, I know Nightmare. I was a fan of their work before Death Note came along.
I know that a lot of people don't become famous that easily, even with an anime op/ed.
however, it actually really is a big step into the entertainment business.
some times they actually debut their songs and albums on an anime.
of course foreigners love anime or J-music because that's the closests some of them might ever get to Japan.
oh, so you're mixed with Vietnamese and Japanese? nice mix ;p true, Japan is not what Americans think like. It's not like in anime lol well, school is like in school drama but it's not like anime haha do you speak Viet or Japanese

1004 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / oh nowhere at all...
Offline
Posted 10/28/08
i kinda think that though some of their voices aren't really that great but they're still talented besides the probably the main reason why je is at the top is that they have a large amount of fans .So as long as the fans like them shouldn't they be famous because of their fans who think that they deserve it?
Posted 10/28/08
idk....maybe Leah Dizon shes not Japanese though shes Chinese-Filipino and French-American shes doesnt sing that good live
668 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / F / at the Eagle Nebu...
Offline
Posted 10/28/08
that's unfair of ppl to say that artistes use animes as a jumping board...its just a form of marketing...u hear them for their songs not for their looks...so even when u watch their crap-ass PVs and see their not so handsome faces (in comparison to JE, i guess) you can still like them and respect them for their talent...
on that topic...i think that JE is highly over-rated...used to love the guys but then the glitter wears off and you realize they seriously lack differentiation...and those ridiculous dance moves..not all songs are meant to be danced to ok???? *rolls eyes* so no matter how much hard work yo put in you just don't cut it if you don't have the talent..yes and the looks...but i guess it goes hand in hand right?
12158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / ╰☆ 没有黑暗の地方╭☆
Offline
Posted 10/28/08
a lot of JE boys...for example Hey Say Jump (I think? or Hey Say 7? Iunno O.o) are too young. Their voice aren't fully matured or developed...and their singing makes me go ...though I do like the voices of the older members <3
18180 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 10/28/08
i think JE boys are great actors..
for example, someone like Yamapi, Jun, Akanishi Jin, Yamada Ryosuke and a bunch of others....
In my opinion they don't very sing well at all but i gotta admit they're pretty good actors...
Because of that i think they deserve to be famous..lol.. i don't know..
they don't necessarily have to be good in all areas right??

as for which J star who doesn't deserve to be famous i'm not sure about any of them...
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.