First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
we want Crunchyroll in Spanish
62053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M
Offline
Posted 6/4/11

can i ask.
how do you read the english now.

do you use something like

http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2010/02/translate-web-pages-in-google-chrome.html

or
http://babelfish.yahoo.com/

or
http://translate.google.com/

but it would be cool..if everyone could enjoy this web site..in there own language
46912 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 6/4/11 , edited 6/4/11
Uhm, no, not even close.

About 1.8 billion people speak English fluently. The numbers you cite are most likely native speakers only. And that doesn't even include people whom have at least a working knowledge of the language.

In comparison, 400-500 million people speak Spanish and about 800-1.2 billion people speak Chinese. Though including the latter is slightly misleading, considering some of that is dialects which aren't linguistically compatible. My step mother is Chinese and speaks Mandarin - but could hardly if at all understand someone speaking Cantonese, despite the fact that they're both grouped under 'Chinese'.

That being said, if the crunchyroll admins had time in the distant future - the more languages the service can be provided in the better.
36105 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Argentina
Offline
Posted 6/13/11
Nice idea! I really like!
Crunchyroll in Spanish!!!
10 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / F
Offline
Posted 12/11/11
i really like the idea of have subtitles in spanish in all the CR's content.
hope this happen soon.
3910 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Pandemonium
Offline
Posted 12/11/11
I don't get this. If you understand english well enough to participate on the forums, why can't you just read the english subtitles?
The Wise Wizard
100935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 12/11/11 , edited 12/11/11

Syndicaidramon wrote:

I don't get this. If you understand english well enough to participate on the forums, why can't you just read the english subtitles?

I can think of one reason: A person can take as much time as they want to read something on the forums and understand it.

Reading subtitles already takes away from watching what is happening on screen. Slow down that process by adding a layer of interpretation, and you could end up just catching glimpses of any show you watch.

3910 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Pandemonium
Offline
Posted 12/12/11 , edited 12/12/11

TheAncientOne wrote:


Syndicaidramon wrote:

I don't get this. If you understand english well enough to participate on the forums, why can't you just read the english subtitles?

I can think of one reason: A person can take as much time as they want to read something on the forums and understand it.

Reading subtitles already takes away from watching what is happening on screen. Slow down that process by adding a layer of interpretation, and you could end up just catching glimpses of any show you watch.



Then watch it twice.
Technicly, english is my third language, and yet you don't see me going around wanting the subs translated into my own language.
Partly because I know there's not that many that speak my language and because I really don't have a need for it. If I missed something, I'll go back and watch it again.
The Wise Wizard
100935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 12/13/11

Syndicaidramon wrote:
Then watch it twice.
Technicly, english is my third language, and yet you don't see me going around wanting the subs translated into my own language.
Partly because I know there's not that many that speak my language and because I really don't have a need for it. If I missed something, I'll go back and watch it again.

With that suggestion, you are basically asking these people to cut in half the amount of anime they watch here. Not everyone watches only 2-3 series, or has plentiful free time.

Spanish is the next most spoken language in the world after English, so it isn't an unreasonable request. It isn't as if they were requesting it to be translated into a language spoken by only 0.3% of CR users.

I am a native English speaker so it would not affect me in any case, but I try to understand that just because something doesn't benefit me, that doesn't mean it is needed.
3910 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Pandemonium
Offline
Posted 12/13/11

TheAncientOne wrote:


Syndicaidramon wrote:
Then watch it twice.
Technicly, english is my third language, and yet you don't see me going around wanting the subs translated into my own language.
Partly because I know there's not that many that speak my language and because I really don't have a need for it. If I missed something, I'll go back and watch it again.

With that suggestion, you are basically asking these people to cut in half the amount of anime they watch here. Not everyone watches only 2-3 series, or has plentiful free time.


Clicking back and watching a line spoken again really doesn't take a whole lot of time.
I really don't think you have a solid argument there.
The Wise Wizard
100935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 12/13/11

Syndicaidramon wrote:
Clicking back and watching a line spoken again really doesn't take a whole lot of time.
I really don't think you have a solid argument there.

It is more like you have a bad case of "I don't have a problem, so the rest of the world shouldn't either".

3910 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Pandemonium
Offline
Posted 12/13/11

TheAncientOne wrote:


Syndicaidramon wrote:
Clicking back and watching a line spoken again really doesn't take a whole lot of time.
I really don't think you have a solid argument there.

It is more like you have a bad case of "I don't have a problem, so the rest of the world shouldn't either".


I'm just saying it's not a big deal. It doesn't take that much time, since if you watch with subs, you probably know a decent amount of english. Therefore, it shouldn't be a problem.
35168 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 12/16/11

Syndicaidramon wrote:


TheAncientOne wrote:


Syndicaidramon wrote:
Then watch it twice.
Technicly, english is my third language, and yet you don't see me going around wanting the subs translated into my own language.
Partly because I know there's not that many that speak my language and because I really don't have a need for it. If I missed something, I'll go back and watch it again.

With that suggestion, you are basically asking these people to cut in half the amount of anime they watch here. Not everyone watches only 2-3 series, or has plentiful free time.


Clicking back and watching a line spoken again really doesn't take a whole lot of time.
I really don't think you have a solid argument there.


Dude just because.. YOU dont need subtitles dosent mean this is not a good idea...

If YOU can read the subs.. then fine, get a cookie and be happy about that... just because YOU can read the subs and be fine about it ...dosent mean everybody out there should fine too...

Plus if they put the subs in other languages... its not like they are going to stop releasing the english subs...

Also the OP has a pont there... even if some ppl are able to understand and write in english..... Its common sense... to think that when they are watching anime they want to relax... and not practice their english skills or look up for some weird word at google translate....



For some people it should be easier to read subs in their original language and I support that idea since crunchyroll is all about being multicultural (I mean japanese anime and culture c'mon).

So if ppl want to have subs in another language :D! I actually STRONGLY support the idea
3910 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Pandemonium
Offline
Posted 12/18/11 , edited 12/18/11

framadi wrote:



Dude just because.. YOU dont need subtitles dosent mean this is not a good idea...

If YOU can read the subs.. then fine, get a cookie and be happy about that... just because YOU can read the subs and be fine about it ...dosent mean everybody out there should fine too...

Plus if they put the subs in other languages... its not like they are going to stop releasing the english subs...

Also the OP has a pont there... even if some ppl are able to understand and write in english..... Its common sense... to think that when they are watching anime they want to relax... and not practice their english skills or look up for some weird word at google translate....

For some people it should be easier to read subs in their original language and I support that idea since crunchyroll is all about being multicultural (I mean japanese anime and culture c'mon).


If someone is not able to watch anime in english subs and relax at the same time, it's just proof that they need to watch with english subs even more.
Making a thing that isn't really all that difficult even easier for people isn't helping anyone.
35168 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 12/18/11

Syndicaidramon wrote:


framadi wrote:



Dude just because.. YOU dont need subtitles dosent mean this is not a good idea...

If YOU can read the subs.. then fine, get a cookie and be happy about that... just because YOU can read the subs and be fine about it ...dosent mean everybody out there should fine too...

Plus if they put the subs in other languages... its not like they are going to stop releasing the english subs...

Also the OP has a pont there... even if some ppl are able to understand and write in english..... Its common sense... to think that when they are watching anime they want to relax... and not practice their english skills or look up for some weird word at google translate....

For some people it should be easier to read subs in their original language and I support that idea since crunchyroll is all about being multicultural (I mean japanese anime and culture c'mon).


If someone is not able to watch anime in english subs and relax at the same time, it's just proof that they need to watch with english subs even more.
Making a thing that isn't really all that difficult even easier for people isn't helping anyone.



But then again... thats THEIR decision...
If they want to practice and read subs in english its their decision....
If they want to enjoy their anime with spanish, russian, german, portugese subs... then thats their decision.

If someone cant relax and watch anime at the same time..... its NOT proof that they need to watch in english... (plus with all the repect who named you their english teacher lol ).... its just proof that they should be able to enter a site like crunchyroll and be able to ENJOY and have a good time... This is an anime site.

Plus you are saying that "it isnt really all that difficult"... well... thats IN YOUR OWN PERSONAL OPINION... if you dont have issues with english and u got yourself a wonderfull english teacher or you just happen to learn it using google or whatever.. then congratz, have a cookie and be proud about it.. but that dosent mean that other ppl must think the same way or have the same english skills.

Ronin
95035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / California
Offline
Posted 12/19/11 , edited 4/25/12
No need to argue we know people want Spanish subtitles as well as other language subtitles and we want to do this as well. Can't say if or when it will happen though.

Update:

Crunchyroll is now available in Spanish:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/04/17/crunchyroll-launches-service-in-latin-america-with-localized-site

En Español:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/04/18-1/crunchyroll-lanza-servicio-de-anime-simulcast-para-latinoamerica
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.