First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply for girls ONLY: who are your most annoying/hateful FEMALE characters?
90 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Washington, DC
Offline
Posted 6/20/11
Many, many girls piss me off in these shoujo mangas, but these three pretty much take the cake for me:

I totally can't stand Hino Kahoko from La Corda D'Oro. I'm not entirely sure why... but maybe it might have to do with the fact that she's been in SO MANY compromising positions with Yunoki Azuma and DONE NOTHING.
And that's just the beginning. But it's still kinda the biggest issue that I have with her.

I also can't stand Ichigo from Tokyo Mew Mew. I just see her and want to snap her pretty little bell (you know... the one that does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING) and make her shut up about her "Aoyama-kun." Yeah. We get it. You like him, but don't know if he likes you back. Been there, done that. The romance is more compelling in Pokemon.

And finally, Yuka in Elfen Lied. *shudder* I always think
1487 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F
Offline
Posted 6/20/11

-Akami- wrote:

i'm just saying that theres more of the annoying crappy characters than there are good ones x3


I still really have to disagree because the list of female characters I like is remarkably long compared to the list I hate....

60988 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Missouri
Online
Posted 6/21/11

yuriko11 wrote:


Oldthrashbar wrote:


agira wrote:

ok im a girl and i hate the way we are presented in mangas....i,e the fact that we are portrayed as weak, whining creatures who need protection
i mean PLEASE i can stand up for myself when needed...i think


That's because women ARE usually weak whining creatures who need protection. Whether you want to believe it or not.


Dude, not all women are whiny damsels in distress. You're generalizing that we're useless and pathetic. What would you say in defense if women says men are liars and insensitive?


I would say its true.
60988 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Missouri
Online
Posted 6/21/11 , edited 6/21/11

Necronometer wrote:

Many, many girls piss me off in these shoujo mangas, but these three pretty much take the cake for me:

I totally can't stand Hino Kahoko from La Corda D'Oro. I'm not entirely sure why... but maybe it might have to do with the fact that she's been in SO MANY compromising positions with Yunoki Azuma and DONE NOTHING.
And that's just the beginning. But it's still kinda the biggest issue that I have with her.

I also can't stand Ichigo from Tokyo Mew Mew. I just see her and want to snap her pretty little bell (you know... the one that does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING) and make her shut up about her "Aoyama-kun." Yeah. We get it. You like him, but don't know if he likes you back. Been there, done that. The romance is more compelling in Pokemon.

And finally, Yuka in Elfen Lied. *shudder* I always think


Lmfao. That rant reminds me of my gf.





I also hate weak whining girls in anime, guys. But I like trolling, sooo
1821 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Portugal
Offline
Posted 6/21/11

MoonStar18 wrote:

I understand what you mean about the females leads in Shoujo manga's. I mean, I am soooo unbelieably tired of stupid, but ultra sweet and will accept anything that the guy does to her (even if it makes her cry)...!!! Rawr! No more of them please!! They can be stupid and sweet.. but let them stand up for themselves or something. My word.

As for Female characters I dislike:
Linalee from D.Gray-man -- she's not totally weak, but she's darn friggin' annoying.
Haruhi Suzumiya -- she's just spoiled and gets whatever she wants. I mean, what if Kyon didn't like her? The world would be destroyed!
Orihime from BLEACH -- I used to really like her, but now all she does is cry. *sighs*
Kyoko from REBORN! -- What is the point of her character...?

Heh, all the girls I mention, 'cept one, are all from Shounen manga's... I guess I can't remember any females from the Shoujo genre because as soon as I dislike the lead, I don't read the series. *shrugs*


MoonStar18 I couldn't agree more with you ... I mean, really, even if it had been me to write this coment it wouldn't differ that much ... the only thing that would be different would be that I wouldn't have put the last character there because I don't know who that is since I didn't like REBORN enough to have enough patience to watch it but I'm sure that if I knew her I'd agree with you.

Having that said I don't believe that I have to add anybody else since those are really the worst, at least from what I saw or know.
1821 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Portugal
Offline
Posted 6/21/11

Oldthrashbar wrote:


yuriko11 wrote:


Oldthrashbar wrote:


agira wrote:

ok im a girl and i hate the way we are presented in mangas....i,e the fact that we are portrayed as weak, whining creatures who need protection
i mean PLEASE i can stand up for myself when needed...i think


That's because women ARE usually weak whining creatures who need protection. Whether you want to believe it or not.


Dude, not all women are whiny damsels in distress. You're generalizing that we're useless and pathetic. What would you say in defense if women says men are liars and insensitive?


I would say its true.


I'm sorry to butt in this conversation, but I just wanted to say that if you believe that then your a huge ASSHOLE !!!!!

I know guys that are so kind and well-manered that some people believe them to be gay (and trust me their not) and girls that if you do anything to piss them off they will kick your ass in thirty seconds. So don't go around generalizing this because, if you do that, you'll just look like a jerk, OK?
1487 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F
Offline
Posted 6/21/11

music7car

I'm sorry to butt in this conversation, but I just wanted to say that if you believe that then your a huge ASSHOLE !!!!!



Seconded.

But really, you're just feeding the troll.

The best way to handle trolls is this: Ignore it and it will die.

39633 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Online
Posted 6/21/11 , edited 6/21/11
sakura, ino, and the byakugan girl (i cant remember her name right now.). I'm sure there are worse ones out there but these girls really annoy me. the guys always have to save them. even when they get stronger they are still so weak compared to the guys. and sakura and ino get so whiny and teary eyed over sasuke. the girl from the village hidden in the sand is cool. the others need to be more like her.
3160 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Seattle, Washington
Offline
Posted 6/21/11 , edited 6/22/11
Here are my picks:



1st Place for most Annoying Female Character: Meet Saori Shikijo. She a supporting character in the show Mahoromatic, a supposed-to-be-comedic harem anime about a military android who becomes a maid and bodyguard to a little boy. Saori's character archetype is the number one reason I avoid most harem anime. It seems as if every harem anime has one (I could be wrong tho). What is her archetype? She's a slutty, pedophile teacher whose only purpose in the show is to try to seduce the main male character in each episode. It's also known as the MILF or the Extra-sexy-Woman-In-A-Midlife-Crisis. I get that she's supposed to symbolize the desperate, over-30 Japanese woman who wants to find a man to marry. I also understand the use of a Team Rocket-type villain in a kid's show, but this is an obviously adult show.

Why do the Japanese guys find characters like this funny? This character's actions are reminiscent of real-life teacher pedophiles in the States, like Mary Kay Letourneau (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Kay_Letourneau). It's creepy.

This middle aged character has a bod that can stop any man in his tracks. Heck, she can go abroad to to bag a man if she wanted to! Why target little boys? Really!

One last creepy and annoying fact about Saori: She looks like Sarah Palin! The TV show came out in 2002 in Japan, long before Sarah Palin came onto the American political scene. So I'm pretty sure that the similarities are a pure coincidence.

2nd Place is Team Rocket from Pokemon. Yes, James counts as a girl in my book 'cause he's got gender identity issues. Team Rocket has done the same Attempt-To-Steal-The-Pokemon thing in every episode since 1998. When are those guys ever going to learn that their antics got old after Season 1?

3rd place is the Milky Holmes Team (Sheryl, Nero, Elly, and Cordelia) from Tantei Opera Milky Holmes. They're all beauty, but no brains. Weak, weak, weak! The worst part: They're the heroines of the series! When they lost their toys and became unpopular at school, I didn't feel sorry for them. Don't get me wrong. I'm not against bimbo characters. I just don't like bimbos whose storylines and roles aren't developed enough. A good example of the Bimbo archetype done right: Elsie from The World God Only Knows. Milky Holmes seems be endorsed by PedoBear and probably were created for pedophile Japanese otaku.

And there you have it! Those are my top 3 picks for most annoying female character(s)!
167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/22/11
O....m.....g....
That girl (I forgot her name) from Honey X Honey Drops. She seems like a strong heroine at first but once you read on, she's like a freaking puppet.
1487 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F
Offline
Posted 6/22/11

ksrandall

3rd place is the Milky Holmes Team (Sheryl, Nero, Elly, and Cordelia) from Tantei Opera Milky Holmes. They're all beauty, but no brains. Weak, weak, weak! The worst part: They're the heroines of the series! When they lost their toys and became unpopular at school, I didn't feel sorry for them. Don't get me wrong. I'm not against bimbo characters. I just don't like bimbos whose storylines and roles aren't developed enough. A good example of the Bimbo archetype done right: Elsie from The World God Only Knows. Milky Holmes seems be endorsed by PedoBear and probably were created for pedophile Japanese otaku.


I love those girls. D: They're adorable....

60988 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Missouri
Online
Posted 6/22/11

music7car wrote:


Oldthrashbar wrote:


yuriko11 wrote:


Oldthrashbar wrote:


agira wrote:

ok im a girl and i hate the way we are presented in mangas....i,e the fact that we are portrayed as weak, whining creatures who need protection
i mean PLEASE i can stand up for myself when needed...i think


That's because women ARE usually weak whining creatures who need protection. Whether you want to believe it or not.


Dude, not all women are whiny damsels in distress. You're generalizing that we're useless and pathetic. What would you say in defense if women says men are liars and insensitive?


I would say its true.


I'm sorry to butt in this conversation, but I just wanted to say that if you believe that then your a huge ASSHOLE !!!!!

I know guys that are so kind and well-manered that some people believe them to be gay (and trust me their not) and girls that if you do anything to piss them off they will kick your ass in thirty seconds. So don't go around generalizing this because, if you do that, you'll just look like a jerk, OK?


No, if I piss them off they will try to kick my ass. And fail miserably, like so many before them. And yes, I am a huge asshole, thanks for noticing.
4137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / home
Offline
Posted 6/22/11

music7car wrote:


Oldthrashbar wrote:


yuriko11 wrote:


Oldthrashbar wrote:


agira wrote:

ok im a girl and i hate the way we are presented in mangas....i,e the fact that we are portrayed as weak, whining creatures who need protection
i mean PLEASE i can stand up for myself when needed...i think


That's because women ARE usually weak whining creatures who need protection. Whether you want to believe it or not.


Dude, not all women are whiny damsels in distress. You're generalizing that we're useless and pathetic. What would you say in defense if women says men are liars and insensitive?


I would say its true.


I'm sorry to butt in this conversation, but I just wanted to say that if you believe that then your a huge ASSHOLE !!!!!

I know guys that are so kind and well-manered that some people believe them to be gay (and trust me their not) and girls that if you do anything to piss them off they will kick your ass in thirty seconds. So don't go around generalizing this because, if you do that, you'll just look like a jerk, OK?


lol..good one. couldnt have said it better
1821 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Portugal
Offline
Posted 6/22/11

agira wrote:


music7car wrote:


Oldthrashbar wrote:


yuriko11 wrote:


Oldthrashbar wrote:


agira wrote:

ok im a girl and i hate the way we are presented in mangas....i,e the fact that we are portrayed as weak, whining creatures who need protection
i mean PLEASE i can stand up for myself when needed...i think


That's because women ARE usually weak whining creatures who need protection. Whether you want to believe it or not.


Dude, not all women are whiny damsels in distress. You're generalizing that we're useless and pathetic. What would you say in defense if women says men are liars and insensitive?


I would say its true.


I'm sorry to butt in this conversation, but I just wanted to say that if you believe that then your a huge ASSHOLE !!!!!

I know guys that are so kind and well-manered that some people believe them to be gay (and trust me their not) and girls that if you do anything to piss them off they will kick your ass in thirty seconds. So don't go around generalizing this because, if you do that, you'll just look like a jerk, OK?


lol..good one. couldnt have said it better


Thanks ! Just saying my opinion (and apparently the opinion of most of the people here)
3160 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Seattle, Washington
Offline
Posted 6/23/11

agira wrote:

ok im a girl and i hate the way we are presented in mangas....i,e the fact that we are portrayed as weak, whining creatures who need protection
i mean PLEASE i can stand up for myself when needed...i think


Oh, I don't blame you. Just keep in mind that anime / manga girls mostly represent Japanese girls living in Japan.


When they portray Americans, they're almost always white, blonde, and bitchy (like Monica Adenauer from Yakitate! -- pictured above).

Over in Japan, it's socially acceptable for the woman to dress and act like a little girl. Even when the girls are single and over age 30,the females are still expected to act like a kid.

If America had it's own version of anime / manga, women would be portrayed very differently.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.