First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
animes/anime characters that teach REAL life lessons
Posted 6/17/11
I learnt to use my drill to pierce the heavens.
66192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Missouri
Offline
Posted 6/17/11

Girubaato wrote:

I learnt to use my drill to pierce the heavens.


Thank you.
66192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Missouri
Offline
Posted 6/17/11

HaxorKitty wrote:

School Days xD, Basically, Dont be an Ass and cheat on people who love you ^-^


School Days was so disturbing, even for me. I can honestly say I didn't expect the ending
15267 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / FairyFlossLand/Ba...
Offline
Posted 6/17/11

Oldthrashbar wrote:


HaxorKitty wrote:

School Days xD, Basically, Dont be an Ass and cheat on people who love you ^-^


School Days was so disturbing, even for me. I can honestly say I didn't expect the ending


Well at least the ending had an impact on a lot of people.
Furthermore, School Days taught us that if you're a pimp, you'll have an enormous sex drive.
And it taught us how to perform emergency abortions as well.

On another note, Kino no Tabi is full of philosophy that teaches many realistic lessons.
66192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Missouri
Offline
Posted 6/17/11 , edited 6/17/11

FalseFallacy wrote:


Oldthrashbar wrote:


HaxorKitty wrote:

School Days xD, Basically, Dont be an Ass and cheat on people who love you ^-^


School Days was so disturbing, even for me. I can honestly say I didn't expect the ending


Well at least the ending had an impact on a lot of people.
Furthermore, School Days taught us that if you're a pimp, you'll have an enormous sex drive.
And it taught us how to perform emergency abortions as well.

On another note, Kino no Tabi is full of philosophy that teaches many realistic lessons.


Hahahaha.







If its about lessons...Clannad I guess...
15267 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / FairyFlossLand/Ba...
Offline
Posted 6/17/11 , edited 6/17/11




Which lesson in Clannad? You can change your life even if you started out as a delinquent with a terrible father figure?

56983 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / F / Florida
Offline
Posted 6/17/11
Peach Girl - The one who will love you the right way was right next to you the whole time.. great show



Kagura from Gintama : Then I’ll marry the Colonel (KFC)! That old man has every chicken under his control. All the eggs and fried chicken I can eat!



COOL!!
Posted 6/17/11 , edited 6/17/11

Oldthrashbar wrote:


Girubaato wrote:

I learnt to use my drill to pierce the heavens.


Thank you.


You know, I just died laughing there and then.

On a serious note, I don't see why I should learn lessons from cartoons...I'd prefer research for that. And experience.
Posted 6/17/11
fruits basket
1755 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 6/17/11

Girubaato wrote:


Oldthrashbar wrote:


Girubaato wrote:

I learnt to use my drill to pierce the heavens.


Thank you.


You know, I just died laughing there and then.

On a serious note, I don't see why I should learn lessons from cartoons...I'd prefer research for that. And experience.


It's not that you "learn" lessons, from them. It's that they let you see a different way of living your own life.

Anime is unique in the way that the Japanese have created "ideal" worlds with characters on the extreme end of things, idealism and situation wise. If you see it that way, then many people will start seeing that their own lives have been pretty meaningless (no offence intended), when they could have been living in some other, more fulfilling way. Of course, I'm not saying that the way that Anime characters do things is much more fulfilling than the way you live your own life, but everyone else's way of living is different.

Or another way you can see it is that people gain inspriration when watching anime, through seeing others against impossible odds, or on the brink of despair, etc. pulling through.

Also, there are people who use anime as a way of escaping reality, and because of this, they find that anime ideals on life in general, really start imapcting on their own life.

Finally, there's also the possibility that they just enjoy watching anime because they enjoy the (sometimes) highly philosophical moments in anime, and they enjoy seeing different views on life, and different ways of reacting to certain stimuli in real life.

Again, I'm not saying that this is absolute fact - (on these things I have no proof), or that the way anime characters live is the best way to live this life.

Finally, a quote:

‘Different conclusions are reached when one fact is viewed from two separate points of view. When that happens, there's essentially no way to judge which point of view is the correct one. There is no way to conclude one's own conclusion is correct. But for that exact reason, it is also premature to decide that you're wrong.’ – Bakemonogatari
1755 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 6/17/11

FalseFallacy wrote:





Which lesson in Clannad? You can change your life even if you started out as a delinquent with a terrible father figure?



On a different note, there's also the lesson that - "Sometimes, a man has to discard his pride and ask for help."
1755 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 6/17/11

FalseFallacy wrote:





Which lesson in Clannad? You can change your life even if you started out as a delinquent with a terrible father figure?



On a different note, there's also the lesson that - "Sometimes, a man has to discard his pride and ask for help."
15267 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / FairyFlossLand/Ba...
Offline
Posted 6/17/11

SkylarkAnime wrote:


FalseFallacy wrote:





Which lesson in Clannad? You can change your life even if you started out as a delinquent with a terrible father figure?



On a different note, there's also the lesson that - "Sometimes, a man has to discard his pride and ask for help."


There's a few others as well, like the fact that even if you struggle and change your life, fate might feel like being an ass and you end up failng.
Incidentally, you double posted this comment, so please delete one of them.


47727 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Hotlanta
Offline
Posted 6/17/11
Gintoki taught me that:

No, but seriously...in terms of providing me with different outlooks on life:
Hanasaku Iroha

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu

Lucky Star

Gintama

School Days
136460 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / USA
Offline
Posted 6/17/11
Inuyasha - There's this old bandit who gives a lock of his hair to Kikyo around season five or so. He then asks her to place it somewhere sacred so that he might attain salvation after living a destructive and selfish life. It just makes you realize that everybody has good and bad in them and that most people are trying to change themselves for the better.

TTGL & Eureka Seven - The two shows makes you realize that you have to believe in yourself and in others. Also makes you realize that some people are really badass even if they aren't perfect.

FMA & Evangelion - Makes you realize that your life will be fucked up at some point and that you can only keep on going in your own positive way.

Natsume's Book of Friends, Denno Coil & House of Five Leaves - Everyone has their reasons and a story to tell.

Bakemonogatari & Durarara - This may sound strange talking about these two, but these shows make you realize that the world and the people around you are fascinating in themselves. Now, putting the actual content of these shows aside and the irony, it seems like they're telling us that truth can be stranger than fiction.

Beck & Bakuman - Everyone should go out and find something they love to do.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.