First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
animes/anime characters that teach REAL life lessons
1755 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 6/17/11 , edited 6/18/11
Gunna start posting quotes from series', cos the series' aren't really about it, but they're still life lessons.

Bartender - "A past full of regrets isn't meaningless. It's because of those regrets that you are who you are."

Death Note - "No matter how gifted you are, You alone cannot change the world."

I'll start off with two now, and do one everyday or something... if I posted them all, it would be too long.

EDIT: If you are also lurking in the "Favourite Anime Quotes" thread, you MAY see reposts, because I'll be posting quotes according to situation. But I'll try to keep them seperate.

Also, if any people have any objections to what I am doing, send me a message and I'll stop.
1069 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Under The Sea
Offline
Posted 6/18/11
Gintama - It showed me how to live life without a care if you want to live it to the fullest, and it wouldn't hurt to punch someone to help them realize something important. Also, to live everyday positively so you can share happiness and love with the bonds you created.
4246 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Leaf village
Offline
Posted 6/18/11
Air Gear and Tenjho Tenge. Like 'Believe in yourself', 'you're the only one you can trust', friendship, etc.
Paradise Kiss. 'I need to to be strong for my own sake', and that we need to really listen to our heart trust it instead of being a empty vessel and listening to others.
Slam Dunk. 'Success needs sacrifices'?
K-On. just because. but mainly coz it was inspiring somehow and i wished my 'friends' stood up for me like that too.
Death note. killed by your own dose or something like that
Posted 6/18/11

SkylarkAnime wrote:


Girubaato wrote:


Oldthrashbar wrote:


Girubaato wrote:

I learnt to use my drill to pierce the heavens.


Thank you.


You know, I just died laughing there and then.

On a serious note, I don't see why I should learn lessons from cartoons...I'd prefer research for that. And experience.


It's not that you "learn" lessons, from them. It's that they let you see a different way of living your own life.

Anime is unique in the way that the Japanese have created "ideal" worlds with characters on the extreme end of things, idealism and situation wise. If you see it that way, then many people will start seeing that their own lives have been pretty meaningless (no offence intended), when they could have been living in some other, more fulfilling way. Of course, I'm not saying that the way that Anime characters do things is much more fulfilling than the way you live your own life, but everyone else's way of living is different.

Or another way you can see it is that people gain inspriration when watching anime, through seeing others against impossible odds, or on the brink of despair, etc. pulling through.

Also, there are people who use anime as a way of escaping reality, and because of this, they find that anime ideals on life in general, really start imapcting on their own life.

Finally, there's also the possibility that they just enjoy watching anime because they enjoy the (sometimes) highly philosophical moments in anime, and they enjoy seeing different views on life, and different ways of reacting to certain stimuli in real life.

Again, I'm not saying that this is absolute fact - (on these things I have no proof), or that the way anime characters live is the best way to live this life.

Finally, a quote:

‘Different conclusions are reached when one fact is viewed from two separate points of view. When that happens, there's essentially no way to judge which point of view is the correct one. There is no way to conclude one's own conclusion is correct. But for that exact reason, it is also premature to decide that you're wrong.’ – Bakemonogatari


I see. Thank you for elaborating.
16657 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Yo mama house.
Offline
Posted 6/18/11
Naruto!
80968 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Monterey Park, CA
Offline
Posted 6/18/11
I could probably find something in most of the animes that I've watched. Some apply to my life and some don't, but I believe most animes have an underlying message. Whether they're a life lesson or not really depends on the person. People can take messages to mean different things.

I'll admit that some animes have changed the way I am. It may have been something small, but they sometimes motivate me to do things I otherwise wouldn't have done.
1755 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 6/18/11 , edited 6/18/11

xyukihirokunx wrote:

I could probably find something in most of the animes that I've watched. Some apply to my life and some don't, but I believe most animes have an underlying message. Whether they're a life lesson or not really depends on the person. People can take messages to mean different things.

I'll admit that some animes have changed the way I am. It may have been something small, but they sometimes motivate me to do things I otherwise wouldn't have done.


My elaborated textwall in a nutshell. Unrelated quote with life lesson:

‘Hey you. Are you thinking that fate and the future is something you are being forced to have? Everything, including fate and future are up to you. You might be thinking it’s a shame, but you can’t escape from it. We have to live in a shameful place and a shameful life. Refuse your future or fate if it doesn’t go the way you want. Twist them. Maybe you can, and maybe you can’t. It depends on chance, even if it is just one percent. Do you understand me? Grab what you really want. That’s what your hands are for.’ –Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora

‘If you want to get close, reach out for it.’ –Shakugan no Shana Second

'Get up and take a step. Walk forward. You’ve got two fine legs on you. You don’t need to cling on anything.’ –Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

‘A “wish”. It isn't a shimmering glass bead which will shatter if grasped firmly. It's a darkly lustrous ball of mud which only firms up when one squeezes it. Its form may be uneven, but it's the form of one's own fingers. Not to make it a beautiful gem someday. But to make it the world's most beautiful ball of mud.’ –Arakawa Under the Bridge

Lesson - Take hold of your own life, dreams, and ambitions. I can explain further if people don't understand. PM me.
1755 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 6/20/11
‘You are entrusting your decision to me. And by entrusting it to me, you are also trying to shift the responsibility for it onto me. But there is no meaning in a life which is chosen for you.’ –Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Rei (4)

'Don’t live your life making excuses. The one making the choices is yourself.’ –Samurai Champloo

‘As long as I live for myself, all of my problems are my own fault. No reason to hold a grudge against anyone, and absolutely no worries. If I think of it that way, I can take just about anything.’ –Puella Magi Madoka Magica

'Nobody else can choose for you. You have to choose for yourself. Decide how you will live your own life!’ –The World God Only Knows

‘Believe In yourselves. Just choose a way of living that won’t shame your soul.’ –Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

Life Lesson - Make the choices in your own life. Only you can make them.
67345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Glendale, AZ
Offline
Posted 6/20/11
I'd say nearly all the anime I've seen (counting only full episodes because just clips of various anime can cause me to lose track of the total number of anime titles I've seen in my life) have at least something that could be taught/learned.

Going classic here: Cyborg 009 (Damn Sony for not releasing the entire 2001 version on DVD while Astro Boy's most recent version did get a full release when both tanked in ratings) is the anime equivalent of X-Men in teaching that people who are of different backgrounds are fighting to help those that hate them.
1096 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / england
Offline
Posted 6/20/11
fruits baskets-.....
death note, no matter how gifted u are, you alone cannot save the world...
naruto - bonds with friends and family ... .
1755 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 6/21/11
‘Nothing will change if you turn the other way. You have to look at what's before you, or you won't be able to move forward.’ –Katekyo Hitman Reborn

‘It's not a misunderstanding at all. Have some courage and face the harsh reality!’ –Seto no Hanayome

‘Listen, Kid. If you feel guilty for running, then for the rest of your life, you must live with the pain of lying to her. That’s how you can make it up to her. And if you don’t want to lie to her, then don’t run. Face her and say it! I’ll let you run from the past. But don’t run away from the present and the future.’ –Durarara!!

‘No matter how much you treasure them, both people and things will die someday. The bonds, the feelings, the memories, the hearts, and the lives. There’s nothing in this world that won’t die. There’s nothing that won’t break. Happiness is just a fabrication, an ease, a fake. That’s why... That’s why we should treasure them. So that we can face the farewell that’ll one day visit us without regret. Because it’ll break, it’s precious. Let’s make it precious.’ –Ef2 – A tale of Melodies

Life Lesson - Face what is in front of you. Don't run away, or you'll continue regretting and nothing will change.
67144 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M
Offline
Posted 6/21/11
school days teaches that b*tches be crazy








very, very crazy
81 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 6/21/11
school days don't ever play with people feelings don't ever cheat cause women are not toys to play with
Posted 6/21/11
ITT: Talk about Slice-Of-Life (Stories)

1451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19
Offline
Posted 6/21/11
yugioh-believe in the heart of the cards, friendship, heart-related things, believe, cards, striving, fighting for what's right, etc. IT JUST SO TOUCHING, there's so many morals and good things, it's heartfelt.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.