First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Book(s) you regret reading
280 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 6/5/11
the criminalist...

if i wanted to sleep...i just red the criminalist....it made me sleepy...
222 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / southampton england
Offline
Posted 6/5/11
Sorry to correct, but 1984 was written by George Orwell. Who was british. He was a big opponent of communisim and facisim, but he never lived in Russia at all. He was writting this as an antithessis to the political landscape of the time. The 2nd world war had just been won, and communisim was making great inroads into europe. Britain was still in the grips of rationing every thing from food to fuel, and there was a rose tinted view of communisim were everyone had an equal share of everything. So he wrote this book to show people the dangers it posed. You can see all the same threads in his other well known book, Animal farm, were all the pigs are charectors from Stalinist Rusia. From Marx to Trotski, and all come to a sticky end.
But all saying, it is a really good book if you give it a go.
673 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / In a glass case o...
Offline
Posted 6/5/11
Ambassador's Mission - Boring, boring, boring.
1692 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Shinshu Field
Offline
Posted 6/5/11

AquaV wrote:



Well, i read it about 3 years ago and even then wasn't really interested in it... But it's basically about a society filled with propaganda about "Big Brother" who controls over the people... And people who doubt or go against him are arrested or something... I can't remember too much about it, sorry. D:


lols
Its okay
My teacher said it was a really good book to read and then i saw how a lot of ppl didnt like it too much i started having mixed feelings
Thanks abunch tho :3
1451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19
Offline
Posted 6/5/11
Everyone poops.
OMG THAT BOOK GAVE ME NIGHTMARES, yeah k.
84 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / London
Offline
Posted 6/5/11
the knife of never letting go series cant remember the author...
i liked the book ion general but i got really annoyed at the ending.....
it was soooo vague and i was so annoyed at the fact that you have no clue what happend

other that thast i havent had any badf book experience but i will try and stay away from all the books you guys mentioned
Posted 6/5/11
Eh, I don't regret reading them because then I know what not to read next time. Besides, when I read a book, if the book isn't interesting in the information given or it just doesn't catch my attention, I stop reading it.
42139 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Beaverton, OR
Offline
Posted 6/5/11
Ship fever. reading a dictionary is literally more interesting than that book was. (oh, and I mean literally! as in if I was given the choice between Ship fever, and the Websters Dictionary, I would chose Webster.)
32660 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Memory Lane,Dream...
Offline
Posted 6/5/11


Well... teachers are almost like a different species!~ >:O jk... But i dunno... Pretty much everyone in my grade didn't like it, including myself. Although there's a lot to analyze, and you could probably do socratic seminar on it. It's not too bad, but as i said... I don't find it interesting.

Have fun reading it!~ :3
410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Eden
Offline
Posted 6/5/11
Twilight. I wish I had never strayed from the right path... I hope JK Rowling can forgive me
410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Eden
Offline
Posted 6/5/11

_Poly_ wrote:

I regret reading twilight greatly. That series was pretty horrible. I can think of hundreds of ways to make that book better.

I regret reading a lot of fanficition mainly because its full of mary-sues, gary-sues, self insertion, and horrible horrible writing.

I'm divided between reading Inuyasha. I just feel that the story has grown stale. (Glad its finally over) but it should've ended a lots earlier than it did.


Please remove your man card from your wallet and pass it forward
73 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 6/5/11

kuromikowaii wrote:


_Poly_ wrote:

I regret reading twilight greatly. That series was pretty horrible. I can think of hundreds of ways to make that book better.

I regret reading a lot of fanficition mainly because its full of mary-sues, gary-sues, self insertion, and horrible horrible writing.

I'm divided between reading Inuyasha. I just feel that the story has grown stale. (Glad its finally over) but it should've ended a lots earlier than it did.


Please remove your man card from your wallet and pass it forward


What D: what I'd say that makes me remove my man-card.
I like romance >__>
and the reason I have an attachment to inuyasha is just simply because it was the first manga I bought
1645 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Meanwhile in Gano...
Offline
Posted 6/5/11
Reading all Twilight books... after finishing that 4th book i was like... "what the actual f*ck" yeahh.. it took me all the four books to realize that since they're so mind-numbing and so bad...
2074 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Bulacan
Offline
Posted 6/5/11

LoveNEWS wrote:

Eh, I don't regret reading them because then I know what not to read next time. Besides, when I read a book, if the book isn't interesting in the information given or it just doesn't catch my attention, I stop reading it.


^ right out of my mind...
410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Eden
Offline
Posted 6/5/11

_Poly_ wrote:


kuromikowaii wrote:


_Poly_ wrote:

I regret reading twilight greatly. That series was pretty horrible. I can think of hundreds of ways to make that book better.

I regret reading a lot of fanficition mainly because its full of mary-sues, gary-sues, self insertion, and horrible horrible writing.

I'm divided between reading Inuyasha. I just feel that the story has grown stale. (Glad its finally over) but it should've ended a lots earlier than it did.


Please remove your man card from your wallet and pass it forward


What D: what I'd say that makes me remove my man-card.
I like romance >__>
and the reason I have an attachment to inuyasha is just simply because it was the first manga I bought :P


Twilight.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.