Remove this ad
First  Prev  712  713  714  715  716  717  718  719  720  721  722  723  724  Next  Last
Post Reply Recommend me an Anime! **Read First Post!**
129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 7/8/12 , edited 7/8/12

the_song_of_anime wrote:



Saw 2/3 of those. Magi Madoka Magica was too...hyper.


@the_song_of_anime
I'd recommend:
Dusk Maiden Amnesia - Just finished spring '12. It's on Crunchyroll. A very nice supernatural romance.

Kino's Journey - A cult classic that came out about 5 years or so ago. It's a must watch

Another - Finished winter '12, and is also on Crunchyroll. It's a supernatural horror/thriller.

Mushi-shi - It's similar to Natsume, but with a more confident/mature/ wise man kind of main character.

Bokura Ga Ita
Lovely Complex
Myself; Yourself
^ above 3 are all typical school romances, but they're really well written.

Kids on the Slope is alright - It's the director of Bebop and the same composer as well. It's about a slice of life about a couple school kids in the 50's with a jazz band. Don't go in with high expectations though, I don't think it's as good as Bebop or Shaploo. I'd watch the other recommendations before Kids on the Slope.
18478 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Area 11
Offline
Posted 7/9/12
I really enjoyed:


Code Geass
Darker than Black
Death Note
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Hellsing

I enjoy mysteries, action(but not the Naruto/Bleach style, Kamehameha type, gather your spirit energy action) and dramatic shows. Humor is fine too, but it shouldn't be the main attraction to the show, or else I will lose interest.

--Thanks
129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 7/9/12 , edited 7/9/12

Willwatch4food wrote:

I really enjoyed:


Code Geass
Darker than Black
Death Note
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Hellsing

I enjoy mysteries, action(but not the Naruto/Bleach style, Kamehameha type, gather your spirit energy action) and dramatic shows. Humor is fine too, but it shouldn't be the main attraction to the show, or else I will lose interest.

--Thanks


@Willwatch4food:

Another (note: there's a prequel episode out. It's labeled as "episode 0." I think you should watch 1-12 before watching the prequel).
Gungrave (it's important that you ignore how bad the 1st episode is).
Trigun
The Mysterious Archives of Dantalian
Dance in the Vampire Bund
Shigofumi
389 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/9/12
Hi :)

Just wanted to know what you would recommend. I have a few shows lined up to watch, but I'm not too excited about them :(

I really enjoyed:

- Soul Eater
- Puella Magi Madoka Magica
- Ano Hana
- FLCL

Basically, I like the sad and action based stuff. Not so much the romance.

Thanks a bunch~! :3
129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 7/10/12

lialive wrote:

Hi :)

Just wanted to know what you would recommend. I have a few shows lined up to watch, but I'm not too excited about them :(

I really enjoyed:

- Soul Eater
- Puella Magi Madoka Magica
- Ano Hana
- FLCL

Basically, I like the sad and action based stuff. Not so much the romance.

Thanks a bunch~! :3


@Lialive

Cowboy Bebop - dunno if you've seen this one yet, but it's my favorite series of all time. The series does start off a little slow with the first 4 episodes. I do recommend people watch episode 10, "Ganymede Elegy" to get a feel for the series (there aren't any spoilers, and you won't be confused jumping into a middle episode).

Angel Beats - I think of Ano Hana and Angel Beats in the same category. The premise isn't the same of course, but the themes and writing are quite similar.

Full Metal Alchemist - this is the other no-brainer. There are actually 2 series (an original and a remake). I recommend the original, as I feel like it has a much better directing and writing core. A lot of people recommend Brotherhood (the remake) because it stays more true to the manga, is longer running, and has a better ending.
28472 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Scotland
Online
Posted 7/10/12 , edited 7/10/12

lialive wrote:

Hi :)

Just wanted to know what you would recommend. I have a few shows lined up to watch, but I'm not too excited about them :(

I really enjoyed:

- Soul Eater
- Puella Magi Madoka Magica
- Ano Hana
- FLCL

Basically, I like the sad and action based stuff. Not so much the romance.

Thanks a bunch~! :3

If you like sad action series, I'd recommend Ga-Rei-Zero. Really great relationship between the two leads, lots of action (with a little supernatural flair) and a lot of tragic moments. It's not relentlessly sad, though, which I thought was important.
23562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 7/10/12
Need something light-hearted (cannot be negotiated), throw me something like Bottle Fairy, Cardcaptor Sakura, Slayers season 1 and 2, Ranma anything of that nature.
129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 7/10/12

SonicGenesisKing wrote:

Need something light-hearted (cannot be negotiated), throw me something like Bottle Fairy, Cardcaptor Sakura, Slayers season 1 and 2, Ranma anything of that nature.



The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Despite the name, it's very lighthearted, and upbeat. One of the most successful anime within the last few years. It's a giant among pop culture, and really a must watch anime.

- If you've never played Disgaea the game, I'd recommend Makai Senki Disgaea.
Otherwise...

Kampfer - a lot like Ranma, only 12 comical episodes though

Ichiban Ushiro no Dai Maō - If you're ok with nudity (like Ranma), then Demon King Mao is quite funny.

Denpa Onna to Sheishun Otoko - Lighthearted, heartwarming, about a boy who moves in with his aunt in cousin. The cousin believe that she's alien, but everyone else around her believe that it's her reaction to past trauma. The boy takes it upon himself to help his cousin back to reality.
23562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 7/10/12

Windry wrote:


SonicGenesisKing wrote:

Need something light-hearted (cannot be negotiated), throw me something like Bottle Fairy, Cardcaptor Sakura, Slayers season 1 and 2, Ranma anything of that nature.



The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Despite the name, it's very lighthearted, and upbeat. One of the most successful anime within the last few years. It's a giant among pop culture, and really a must watch anime.

- If you've never played Disgaea the game, I'd recommend Makai Senki Disgaea.
Otherwise...

Kampfer - a lot like Ranma, only 12 comical episodes though

Ichiban Ushiro no Dai Maō - If you're ok with nudity (like Ranma), then Demon King Mao is quite funny.

Denpa Onna to Sheishun Otoko - Lighthearted, heartwarming, about a boy who moves in with his aunt in cousin. The cousin believe that she's alien, but everyone else around her believe that it's her reaction to past trauma. The boy takes it upon himself to help his cousin back to reality.


Haruhi didn't work too well when I saw it, but I will check out the others. Actually I find the "girl Ranma wardrobe malfunction" moments to look quite artistic as opposed to pervy (uncommon response I know), my mind has been as stable as a nuke so thanks for the ideas of what to watch.
18130 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / F / Wall Sina
Offline
Posted 7/11/12

LenTadaseLove888 wrote:

CR ID / Name: LenTasaseLove888
Fav anime titles that are similar to what I would like to be recommended: Shugo Chara, A Bridge to the Starry Sky, Fruits Basket, Black Butler...
Genres that I wish to be recommended: Fantasy?
Comments: I don't like boyXboy or girlXgirl. I love action, and sweet romance...


Anyone??
129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 7/11/12


@LenTadaseLove

These anime are not really similar to what you listed, but I would recommend these as must watch to all teenage girls:
- Lovely Complex
- Myself; Yourself
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
- Dusk Maiden Amnesia
- Angel Beats
- Natsume Yuincho

Anime that are similar to what you listed:
Spice and Wolf (reminds me of Fruit Baskets)
They Mysterious Archives of Dantalian (sort of like Black Butler)

Shugo Chara came out when I was in college, and I'm a guy, so it wasn't really for me... but I knew girls that liked the show, and they also enjoyed:
- Nodame Cantabile
- Skip beat!
- Ouran High School Host Club

Hope that helps.
18130 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / F / Wall Sina
Offline
Posted 7/11/12

Windry wrote:



@LenTadaseLove

These anime are not really similar to what you listed, but I would recommend these as must watch to all teenage girls:
- Lovely Complex
- Myself; Yourself
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
- Dusk Maiden Amnesia
- Angel Beats
- Natsume Yuincho

Anime that are similar to what you listed:
Spice and Wolf (reminds me of Fruit Baskets)
They Mysterious Archives of Dantalian (sort of like Black Butler)

Shugo Chara came out when I was in college, and I'm a guy, so it wasn't really for me... but I knew girls that liked the show, and they also enjoyed:
- Nodame Cantabile
- Skip beat!
- Ouran High School Host Club

Hope that helps.


Thanks!!!!!
Scizz 
5017 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 7/13/12 , edited 7/13/12
[REQUEST]
CR ID / Name: Scizz

Fav anime titles that are similar to what I would like to be recommended:

Darker Than Black, Samurai Champloo, Steins Gate, Monster, Black Lagoon, Gintama, Kaichou wa Maid-sama!, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom, Eve no Jikan (Movie)


Genres that I wish to be recommended:

Thriller, Drama, Comedy, Slice of Life.

Comments: It really depends on what I feel like watching at the time, but recommendations of anime similar to all of those would be
great. Gintama for example, was pretty much a comedy, but in some arcs got pretty serious, I really enjoy that. Also, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya was fairly bright up beat show, but the story itself was pretty involved. My range of anime don't really match well so don't be too strict trying to match the perfect recommendation. I just like an involved story, I'm also currently watching Naruto, and Sket Dance, and I watched an anime where there was a green haired girl who was immortal, I think her name was RIN. That was alright too. I don't like Mecha and would prefer not to watch anime with the females looking like little girls. Women please. Thank you for the recommendations!
1078 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 7/14/12

Scizz wrote:

[REQUEST]
CR ID / Name: Scizz

Fav anime titles that are similar to what I would like to be recommended:

Darker Than Black, Samurai Champloo, Steins Gate, Monster, Black Lagoon, Gintama, Kaichou wa Maid-sama!, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom, Eve no Jikan (Movie)


Genres that I wish to be recommended:

Thriller, Drama, Comedy, Slice of Life.


try the following
One Outs
Code Geass
Death Note
Angel Beats
Pale Cocoon
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Mononoke (strictly not Princess Mononoke)
Baccano
Dennou Coil
Summer Wars
Paprika
Spriggan


Scizz 
5017 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 7/14/12 , edited 7/14/12

ckmox wrote:


Scizz wrote:

[REQUEST]
CR ID / Name: Scizz

Fav anime titles that are similar to what I would like to be recommended:

Darker Than Black, Samurai Champloo, Steins Gate, Monster, Black Lagoon, Gintama, Kaichou wa Maid-sama!, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom, Eve no Jikan (Movie)


Genres that I wish to be recommended:

Thriller, Drama, Comedy, Slice of Life.


try the following
One Outs
Code Geass
Death Note
Angel Beats
Pale Cocoon
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Mononoke (strictly not Princess Mononoke)
Baccano
Dennou Coil
Summer Wars
Paprika
Spriggan





Thanks for some of those recommendations. I'll consider Summer Wars, Paprika and Pale Cacoon. Dennuo Coil looked interesting but is rated G. I'll check it out but I dont think I'll enjoy a G rated movie after watching things like Black Lagoon and Daughters of Mnemosyne. I'm not sure if you read the comments but I dont like Mecha so no Code Geass and no little girls so Puella Magi Modaka Magica is out. Thank you!











First  Prev  712  713  714  715  716  717  718  719  720  721  722  723  724  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.