Remove this ad
First  Prev  715  716  717  718  719  720  721  722  723  724  725  726  727  Next  Last
Post Reply Recommend me an Anime! **Read First Post!**
129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 7/27/12
I agree with Zhector on Toradora! as well.
19011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/27/12
Hi, I was wondering if I could use this boards expertise in the anime department. I am looking to watch a few animes that are not currently running. I have seen alot of anime and I watch the new releases when they come out. I was wondering if there was a anime that would meet the following criteria.

Space or planet Jumping anime aliens are fine but I HATE MECHS. Cowboy bebop, Galaxy Express 999, animes like that. I have seen only a few of this type and was wondering if anyone new of any others.

The second kind of anime I am looking for is a love story.

However I would like to watch one which doesn't have the male acting like a (pansy) if you know what I mean. A guy that's not afraid to show his emotions to the lady's and the women not acting all angry about it etc. I know that is pretty much 90% of how men a betrayed but there might be a few out there. Thank you in advance for any guidance you can give me.

Guess I should post it on this thread maybe all get a few fastballs.
10042 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 7/28/12

zyhector wrote:


Kiyomi94 wrote:


Windry wrote:


Kiyomi94 wrote:

[REQUEST]
CR ID / Name: Kiyomi94

Fav anime titles that are similar to what I would like to be recommended:
Anohana, Another, Kokoro Connect, Angel Beats, Clannad, Kanon, Ghost Hound

Genres that I wish to be recommended:
Friendship, Little Romance not too much, Drama, Comedy, Tragedy

Comments:
Not too much to comment on, but bonus points if the anime style is like Anohana/Another/Kokoro Connect/Ghost Hound. Thank you~


I'd say:
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (it's weird cause the first thing I noticed about Angel Beats is the main character looks just like Haruhi... you'll probably feel the same reverse)

- Seitokai no Ichizon (student council)

- FLCL


Also, there's a couple of anime about guys trying to make it in a band, if you're into music and that type of anime
Kids on the Slope
Beck: Mongolian Chop Shop


Yeah I watched Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya before Angel Beats. I noticed both female main characters look almost identical. I've also seen FLCL and a few episodes of Kids on the Slope but wasn't a big fan. I'm looking for anime that is more like the anime I picked out than the separate genres. But thanks anyways. I'll look up Seitokai no Ichizon.


Air - from KEY, so very similar to Kanon and Clannad

Sankerea - comedy, drama/romance

School Days - extra drama, lots of romance


Hanasaku Iroha - slice of life

Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora - drama

Usagi Drop - heart warming slice of life

Toradora! - high school romance, very funny, dramatic

Steins;Gate - sci-fi , thriller, comedy

Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo(Girl who leapt through time) - movie





Windry wrote:


Kiyomi94 wrote:
Yeah I watched Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya before Angel Beats. I noticed both female main characters look almost identical. I've also seen FLCL and a few episodes of Kids on the Slope but wasn't a big fan. I'm looking for anime that is more like the anime I picked out than the separate genres. But thanks anyways. I'll look up Seitokai no Ichizon.


Oh I see. In that case, I'd say:

- Myself; Yourself
- Dusk Maiden Amnesia
- The Girl Who Leapt through Time (movie)

- Seitokai no Ichizon is definitely good for friendship and comedy, but there isn't really any drama or tragedy.

You might like Eureka Seven as well.


Thanks to both of you I'll check them all out. There's quite a few I haven't heard of ^_^

129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 7/28/12

madtown28 wrote:

Hi, I was wondering if I could use this boards expertise in the anime department. I am looking to watch a few animes that are not currently running. I have seen alot of anime and I watch the new releases when they come out. I was wondering if there was a anime that would meet the following criteria.

Space or planet Jumping anime aliens are fine but I HATE MECHS. Cowboy bebop, Galaxy Express 999, animes like that. I have seen only a few of this type and was wondering if anyone new of any others.

The second kind of anime I am looking for is a love story.

However I would like to watch one which doesn't have the male acting like a (pansy) if you know what I mean. A guy that's not afraid to show his emotions to the lady's and the women not acting all angry about it etc. I know that is pretty much 90% of how men a betrayed but there might be a few out there. Thank you in advance for any guidance you can give me.

Guess I should post it on this thread maybe all get a few fastballs.


I've watched a lot of anime as well. Usually when I ask for recommendations myself, I link a "My anime list" or something along those lines. Then people look through the list for good shows that I haven't seen. Otherwise people trying to give you recommendations won't know whether or not you've seen the anime they're recommending.
19011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/28/12
There is no way I could remember all the anime I have watched over the years. However the request criteria are for animes I have never had interest in prior to now. So it is highly unlikely one would recommend something I have watched before. Also I suck at remembering anime names lol. I will have to find pictures and think back. :). I was asking here because I think this would be better then any other website. Thank you in advance.
129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 7/29/12
@madtown

Space/Planet jumping...

Planetes and Outlaw Star come to mind. Eureka Seven would fit as well. (To be honest though, I felt lukewarm to Planetes and Outlaw Star and I disliked Eureka Seven, but all 3 are quite popular with lots of fans, so you might enjoy them).

I would say try Tower of Druaga and Kino's Journey. No, it's not space/planet jumping, but the characters visit different levels and countries, and each one is like going to a different world.

Love Story... with the guy not being lame:
- Bokura ga Ita
- Lovely Complex
- Toradora
are my recommendations. I really enjoyed all 3 of them.
Clannad is probably the most popular one out there.
103 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 7/30/12
Boku no Pico is a good one.
jr199 
17254 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 7/30/12
[REQUEST]
CR ID / Name: jr199

Fav anime titles that are similar to what I would like to be recommended:
Anohana, Angel Beats, Clannad, Kanon, Kids on the Slope, Sket Dance

Genres that I wish to be recommended:
Friendship, Little Romance and some ecchi/harem but not too much, Drama, Comedy/romantic comedy, Tragedy, Slice of Life

Comments:
not much to comment about. Just thanks to those who helped me with their suggestions/recommendations.
129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 7/30/12

jr199 wrote:

[REQUEST]
CR ID / Name: jr199

Fav anime titles that are similar to what I would like to be recommended:
Anohana, Angel Beats, Clannad, Kanon, Kids on the Slope, Sket Dance

Genres that I wish to be recommended:
Friendship, Little Romance and some ecchi/harem but not too much, Drama, Comedy/romantic comedy, Tragedy, Slice of Life

Comments:
not much to comment about. Just thanks to those who helped me with their suggestions/recommendations.


If you scroll up a little... Kiyomi basically had the same things as you. Just look at what we recommended her.
18478 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Area 11
Offline
Posted 8/1/12
Hi there. I enjoy two types of shows mostly.

Type one: Action/Mystery Type shows. I don't mean the Naruto/Bleach style, gather your spirit energy by the way, I have never been a big fan of that kind of thing. I love mysteries, and I love dramatic cliffhangers.
Examples of type one:
Darker than Black
Code Geass
Fullmetal Alchemist:Brotherhood
Hellsing
Another
Death Note
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Coyboy Bebop
Black Lagoon
Durarara

The other type of anime that I like is slice of life type anime.
Examples:
Midori Days
Clannad
Kanon
Ano Natsu de Matteru


I watch type one more than type two, but recommendations for both are welcome.

Thanks
129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 8/1/12

Willwatch4food wrote:

Hi there. I enjoy two types of shows mostly.

Type one: Action/Mystery Type shows. I don't mean the Naruto/Bleach style, gather your spirit energy by the way, I have never been a big fan of that kind of thing. I love mysteries, and I love dramatic cliffhangers.
Examples of type one:
Darker than Black
Code Geass
Fullmetal Alchemist:Brotherhood
Hellsing
Another
Death Note
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Coyboy Bebop
Black Lagoon
Durarara

The other type of anime that I like is slice of life type anime.
Examples:
Midori Days
Clannad
Kanon
Ano Natsu de Matteru


I watch type one more than type two, but recommendations for both are welcome.

Thanks


@Willwatch4food

Type 1:
Trigun
Asura Cryin
Samurai Champloo
Gungrave
Shigofumi
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
Ergo Proxy

Type 2:
Dusk Maiden Amnesia
Toradora
FLCL
Welcome to the NHK (this one's awkward to watch at first... but I think it's one of the best animes for young men)
Myself; Yourself
Tatami Galaxy (also very difficult to watch because of the sheer amount of dialogue and narrative, but I would also recommend this to all guys in HS/College)
Quinex 
17162 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Council Bluffs, I...
Offline
Posted 8/2/12
REQUEST
Name: <<< Right over there?! Quinex

What I like: Hunter X Hunter is my favorite. I like shows like that where the characters level up, but the characters are much more important than the fighting. Naruto and Bleach got boring to me...probably due to filler like the fricken beetle hunt (WTF).

I also like harem/ecchi/romantic, preferably when the characters are worthy of the attention and the men aren't wusses (which is rare). Demon King Daimao was good for the first half.

List of things I've seen and liked:
Hunter X Hunter, Naruto (first half), Bleach (first half), Berserk, DBZ, Yu Yu Hakusho, Scryed, SAO, Beck, Maburaho, Love Hina, Initial D (first season), Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Get Backers, and tons more I can't think of right now.

P.S. Please keep recommendations limited to shows that are available on CR, Hulu +, or Crackle.

P.P.S. THANK YOU!!!
129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 8/2/12 , edited 8/2/12

Quinex wrote:

REQUEST
Name: <<< Right over there?! Quinex

What I like: Hunter X Hunter is my favorite. I like shows like that where the characters level up, but the characters are much more important than the fighting. Naruto and Bleach got boring to me...probably due to filler like the fricken beetle hunt (WTF).

I also like harem/ecchi/romantic, preferably when the characters are worthy of the attention and the men aren't wusses (which is rare). Demon King Daimao was good for the first half.

List of things I've seen and liked:
Hunter X Hunter, Naruto (first half), Bleach (first half), Berserk, DBZ, Yu Yu Hakusho, Scryed, SAO, Beck, Maburaho, Love Hina, Initial D (first season), Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Get Backers, and tons more I can't think of right now.

P.S. Please keep recommendations limited to shows that are available on CR, Hulu +, or Crackle.

P.P.S. THANK YOU!!!


@Quinex

Action/adventure/level up
Full Metal Alchemist (both original and Brotherhood are on Hulu. I recommend original. Brotherhood is more popular. Personally I find Brotherhood's dialogue, narrative and direction painfully awful.)
Tower of Druaga (Hulu)
Sword Art Online (currently airing this season - CR)

Ecchi
Fumoffu (Hulu)
Good Luck Ninomiya-kun (CR)
Ah! My Goddess (Hulu)
School Days (CR)

Edit: Just found out that Fumoffu is on Hulu. Definitely a must watch! (Season 2 only. Season 2 is a comical romance/ecchi harem. Season 1 and 3 try to be a serious mecha...)
Quinex 
17162 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Council Bluffs, I...
Offline
Posted 8/2/12

Windry wrote:

@Quinex

Action/adventure/level up
Full Metal Alchemist (both original and Brotherhood are on Hulu. I recommend original. Brotherhood is more popular. Personally I find Brotherhood's dialogue, narrative and direction painfully awful.)
Tower of Druaga (Hulu)
Sword Art Online (currently airing this season - CR)

Ecchi
Fumoffu (Hulu)
Good Luck Ninomiya-kun (CR)
Ah! My Goddess (Hulu)
School Days (CR)

Edit: Just found out that Fumoffu is on Hulu. Definitely a must watch! (Season 2 only. Season 2 is a comical romance/ecchi harem. Season 1 and 3 try to be a serious mecha...)


I just powered through all of School Days, and I kind of hate you now. I don't know what in my post would make you think of that, but you are pure evil. You killed a piece of my soul!

P.S. By Fumoffu, do you mean Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu?
129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 8/3/12 , edited 8/3/12

Quinex wrote:


Windry wrote:

@Quinex

Action/adventure/level up
Full Metal Alchemist (both original and Brotherhood are on Hulu. I recommend original. Brotherhood is more popular. Personally I find Brotherhood's dialogue, narrative and direction painfully awful.)
Tower of Druaga (Hulu)
Sword Art Online (currently airing this season - CR)

Ecchi
Fumoffu (Hulu)
Good Luck Ninomiya-kun (CR)
Ah! My Goddess (Hulu)
School Days (CR)

Edit: Just found out that Fumoffu is on Hulu. Definitely a must watch! (Season 2 only. Season 2 is a comical romance/ecchi harem. Season 1 and 3 try to be a serious mecha...)


I just powered through all of School Days, and I kind of hate you now. I don't know what in my post would make you think of that, but you are pure evil. You killed a piece of my soul!

P.S. By Fumoffu, do you mean Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu?


Ya, Fumoffu is Full Metal Panic season 2. Sorry about School Days. I wasn't really fond of the way things went towards the end, but LOTS of people seem to really enjoyed it, and I think it's a solid series for its first few episodes.

None of my other ecchi recommendations are like School Days, so rest assured.

Full Metal Alchemist is pretty dark like School Days (so be warned), but personally I liked the dark side of FMA, while I hated it in School Days. So, even though you didn't like School Days, I think you should still watch FMA - the original when you're in the mood for an adventure series.
First  Prev  715  716  717  718  719  720  721  722  723  724  725  726  727  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.