First  Prev  716  717  718  719  720  721  722  723  724  725  726  727  728  Next  Last
Post Reply Recommend me an Anime! **Read First Post!**
129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 8/3/12
To clarify... Full Metal Panic has 3 seasons.

Season 1 starts off as a serious fighting/mechs kind of drama with very few jokes here and there. It's kind of average. It's been a long time since I've watched S1, but there's this terrorist organization and at the end of S1, the good guys win, and most everything is resolved.

Season 2 (Full Metal Panic?? or Fumoffu?) the creators decided to make it a complete comedy/heartwarming romance of the two main characters going to school while the world's at peace. These 12 episodes are one of the best comedy animes ever.

Season 3 goes back into serious mode, and I never finished the season.

I don't think you need to watch season 1.
You just have to know...

Sagara is a super fighter who's spent his whole life in warzones like Africa. Everything has always been life/death violence. He now works for an international army/police designed to stop terrorism.

Chidori is a pretty typical school girl in most aspects, but there are terrorist groups that want to kidnap her cause she has some strange space magic type of interaction with mechas and technology or something like that (none of this comes up in S2), but Sagara is assigned to protect her. They're both in love with each other from S1.

That's pretty much all you need to know to jump into S2.
7766 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 8/3/12
[REQUEST]

CR ID / Name: evo_king

Fav anime titles that are similar to what I would like to be recommended: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Blue Exorcist, Soul Eater, Kore wa Zombie Desu ka, Steins;Gate, Angel Beats, Seitokai Yakuindomo, Dusk Maiden of Amnesia. These are all personal favorites I've seen this year.

Genres that I wish to be recommended: I watch anime of all genres so im open to any :]

Comments: Thanks in advance!
129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 8/3/12

evo_king wrote:

[REQUEST]

CR ID / Name: evo_king

Fav anime titles that are similar to what I would like to be recommended: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Blue Exorcist, Soul Eater, Kore wa Zombie Desu ka, Steins;Gate, Angel Beats, Seitokai Yakuindomo, Dusk Maiden of Amnesia. These are all personal favorites I've seen this year.

Genres that I wish to be recommended: I watch anime of all genres so im open to any :]

Comments: Thanks in advance!


@Evo_King

- If you liked Seitokai Yakuindomo, then "Seitokai no Ichizon" seems like a pretty obvious recommendation. They're both comical/friendship student council with one guy among lots of girls.

- Other than that... I'd say Bakemonogatari (s1) -> Nisemonogatari (s2)

If you like watching shows as they air, Binbougami and Kokoro Connect are 2 shows this season that'd probably fit your tastes.
5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 8/6/12 , edited 8/6/12
::::::::::request:::::::::::

ID:unj008

Fav animes:
Elfen Lied
Angel Beats!
Steins;Gate
Freezing
Mirai Nikki
Toradora!
Sekirei(both seasons)
ZNT(all 4 seasons)


Anime's I have already seen:
Bakemonogatari
Black★Rock Shooter
Black★Rock Shooter (OVA)
Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru
Clannad
Clannad: After Story
Clannad: Another World, Kyou Chapter
Clannad: Another World, Tomoyo Chapter
Claymore
Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch
Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch R2
Deadman Wonderland ( I HATED THIS )
Fate/stay night
Fate/Zero
Fate/Zero 2nd Season
Highschool DxD
Highschool of the Dead
Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls
IS: Infinite Stratos
Kaze no Stigma
Kiss x Sis (TV)
Kuroshitsuji
Kuroshitsuji II
Nisemonogatari
Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai
Rosario + Vampire
Seitokai Yakuindomo
Sekirei
Sekirei: Pure Engagement
Shakugan no Shana
Shakugan no Shana II
Shakugan no Shana III (Final)
Sora no Otoshimono
Sora no Otoshimono OVA
Sora no Otoshimono: Forte
Sora no Otoshimono: Tokeijikake no Angeloid
Vampire Knight 8
Vampire Knight Guilty
Yosuga no Sora

Genre: Romance 45%,action35%, comedy 10% ecchi10% ( sorry I'm uber picky)

Comments: Thank you for reading this long list (^▽^)
129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 8/7/12
@unj008

Mystery:
Death Note
Another

Action/Adventure:
Cowboy Bebop
Full Metal Alchemist
Asura Cryin

School/Romance:
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Fumoffu?
Dusk Maiden Amnesia
Lovely Complex
Bokura ga Ita
Kokoro Connect (currently airing)
Seitokai no Ichizon

Ecchi:
Binbougami (currently airing)
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?
Kampfer
7766 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 8/7/12

Windry wrote:

@Evo_King

- If you liked Seitokai Yakuindomo, then "Seitokai no Ichizon" seems like a pretty obvious recommendation. They're both comical/friendship student council with one guy among lots of girls.

- Other than that... I'd say Bakemonogatari (s1) -> Nisemonogatari (s2)

If you like watching shows as they air, Binbougami and Kokoro Connect are 2 shows this season that'd probably fit your tastes.


Thanks! I just finished Seitokai no Ichizon and I loved it! I'm going to start Bakemonogatari now :]
1091 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Your fantasies
Offline
Posted 8/9/12
[REQUEST]
CR ID / Name: CheekyDevil
Fav anime titles that are similar to what I would like to be recommended: Highschool of the Dead, Higurshi no Naku Koro Ni & Rei, Elfen Lied, Bakemonogatari
Genres that I wish to be recommended: Horror, Mystery
Comments: Thank youuu!!~
61216 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / KC
Online
Posted 8/9/12

CheekyDevil wrote:

[REQUEST]
CR ID / Name: CheekyDevil
Fav anime titles that are similar to what I would like to be recommended: Highschool of the Dead, Higurshi no Naku Koro Ni & Rei, Elfen Lied, Bakemonogatari
Genres that I wish to be recommended: Horror, Mystery
Comments: Thank youuu!!~


Ones that you may want to consider:
Monster
Shiki
Another
Blood+
Deadman Wonderland
331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Singapore
Offline
Posted 8/9/12
CR ID / Name: reversed
Fav anime titles that are similar to what I would like to be recommended: Gakuen Alice, Azumanga Daioh
Considering to watch/Watching now: Yumeiro Patissiere, Akb0048, Lucky Star, Idolm@ster, Ichigo Mashimaro, School rumble
Genres that I wish to be recommended: Comedy, Slice of Life
Comments: ^^
1091 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Your fantasies
Offline
Posted 8/9/12

deadpanditto wrote:


CheekyDevil wrote:

[REQUEST]
CR ID / Name: CheekyDevil
Fav anime titles that are similar to what I would like to be recommended: Highschool of the Dead, Higurshi no Naku Koro Ni & Rei, Elfen Lied, Bakemonogatari
Genres that I wish to be recommended: Horror, Mystery
Comments: Thank youuu!!~


Ones that you may want to consider:
Monster
Shiki
Another
Blood+
Deadman Wonderland

Thanks for the anime, hun
61216 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / KC
Online
Posted 8/9/12

reversed wrote:

CR ID / Name: reversed
Fav anime titles that are similar to what I would like to be recommended: Gakuen Alice, Azumanga Daioh
Considering to watch/Watching now: Yumeiro Patissiere, Akb0048, Lucky Star, Idolm@ster, Ichigo Mashimaro, School rumble
Genres that I wish to be recommended: Comedy, Slice of Life
Comments: ^^


Give these a try. And they are both streamed here on CR.
Working!! (aka Wagnaria)
Hanasaku iroha
190 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / LA, USA
Offline
Posted 8/9/12

Windry wrote:


Quinex wrote:


Windry wrote:

@Quinex

Action/adventure/level up
Full Metal Alchemist (both original and Brotherhood are on Hulu. I recommend original. Brotherhood is more popular. Personally I find Brotherhood's dialogue, narrative and direction painfully awful.)
Tower of Druaga (Hulu)
Sword Art Online (currently airing this season - CR)

Ecchi
Fumoffu (Hulu)
Good Luck Ninomiya-kun (CR)
Ah! My Goddess (Hulu)
School Days (CR)

Edit: Just found out that Fumoffu is on Hulu. Definitely a must watch! (Season 2 only. Season 2 is a comical romance/ecchi harem. Season 1 and 3 try to be a serious mecha...)


I just powered through all of School Days, and I kind of hate you now. I don't know what in my post would make you think of that, but you are pure evil. You killed a piece of my soul!

P.S. By Fumoffu, do you mean Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu?


Ya, Fumoffu is Full Metal Panic season 2. Sorry about School Days. I wasn't really fond of the way things went towards the end, but LOTS of people seem to really enjoyed it, and I think it's a solid series for its first few episodes.

None of my other ecchi recommendations are like School Days, so rest assured.

Full Metal Alchemist is pretty dark like School Days (so be warned), but personally I liked the dark side of FMA, while I hated it in School Days. So, even though you didn't like School Days, I think you should still watch FMA - the original when you're in the mood for an adventure series.


To be honest from the anime he seemed to enjoy i think he would enjoy Full Metal Panic as much as i did and not just the 2nd season, also Fumoffu is an OVA, not an actual season, as such it adds nothing to the story line. The second season is Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid.

Also for a "Level-up" type anime i suggest Accel World (On-going this season, probably on CR)
22544 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 8/11/12

reversed wrote:

CR ID / Name: reversed
Fav anime titles that are similar to what I would like to be recommended: Gakuen Alice, Azumanga Daioh
Considering to watch/Watching now: Yumeiro Patissiere, Akb0048, Lucky Star, Idolm@ster, Ichigo Mashimaro, School rumble
Genres that I wish to be recommended: Comedy, Slice of Life
Comments: ^^


K-On

149 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / Iowa
Offline
Posted 8/11/12
I am looking for an anime similar to Fruits Basket! You know, shoujo romance
149 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / Iowa
Offline
Posted 8/11/12
Also something related to Shugo Chara!! Please add me and post on my guestbook if you have an answer
First  Prev  716  717  718  719  720  721  722  723  724  725  726  727  728  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.