First  Prev  717  718  719  720  721  722  723  724  725  726  727  728  729  Next  Last
Post Reply Recommend me an Anime! **Read First Post!**
2015 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/11/12
I am looking for anime that has adult characters. At the very least, I would prefer a show without adolescent girls or boys as the main characters. I am currently watching Natsuyuki Rendezvous, and so far it is the best I have seen in a while.

I enjoy any genre as long as the show has an engrossing story. I usually do not like giant robot anime.

Shows I like:

Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Ergo Proxy
Mushishi
Nadome Cantibile

Any suggestions would be welcome. Thank you.
129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 8/12/12 , edited 8/12/12

markstar wrote:

I am looking for anime that has adult characters. At the very least, I would prefer a show without adolescent girls or boys as the main characters. I am currently watching Natsuyuki Rendezvous, and so far it is the best I have seen in a while.

I enjoy any genre as long as the show has an engrossing story. I usually do not like giant robot anime.

Shows I like:

Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Ergo Proxy
Mushishi
Nadome Cantibile

Any suggestions would be welcome. Thank you.


@markstar

I'd recommend:
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun
The Mystic Archives of Dantalian (ignore how bad the very first 2 minutes of the first episode are)
Darker than Black
Samurai Champloo
Ghost in the Shell
Gungrave
Kino's Journey
Stein's; Gate
74 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / California
Offline
Posted 8/12/12 , edited 8/12/12
[REQUEST]
CR ID / Name: madokalove
Fav anime titles that are similar to what I would like to be recommended:
Another
Mirai Nikki
HOTD
Angel Beats
Madoka.
Genres that I wish to be recommended:
I want to find another good psychological/horror anime. if you know a non horror anime that would be perfect for me that's good too!
61404 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 8/12/12

madokalove wrote:

[REQUEST]
CR ID / Name: madokalove
Fav anime titles that are similar to what I would like to be recommended:
Another
Mirai Nikki
HOTD
Angel Beats
Madoka.
Genres that I wish to be recommended:
I want to find another good psychological/horror anime. if you know a non horror anime that would be perfect for me that's good too!


Try these:
Ergo Proxy
Streaming @ Funimation http://www.funimation.com/ergo-proxy/episodes

Serial Experiments Lain
Streaming @ Funimation http://www.funimation.com/serial-experiments-lain/episodes
12 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 8/13/12
Anime This Season or > 2011 at least The Quality is Good
Any Good Anime I'm Tired Even MY Harddisk Is Almost Full Still What Anime Should I Watch. well i Buy Harddisk 500GB This Year. its Cheap and NEW
I love Some Adventure, Psychological, Magic and Martial Art
132 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 8/13/12
CR ID: tinaroo

I'm looking for something a bit specific. I just finished watching the main story line of Clannad while crying solidly. Before that part there are some episodes where Tomoya is living by himself and then with Nagisa. Are there any other anime about the transition from high school to adult life? Preferably with some romance. Post both happy and sad anime but do not tell me which are which. It would be good if they were as well done as Clannad but I know that truly exceptional examples are rare (I only know of Code Geass and now Clannad).

I plan on watching Kanon and maybe Air as well because they're by the same people.
70703 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Irish/German - Am...
Offline
Posted 8/14/12 , edited 8/14/12
CR ID / Name:Funnyginsan
Fav anime titles that are similar to what I would like to be recommended: Another
Genres that I wish to be recommended:Suspense/mystery
Comments: I only put Another up there since I really liked the suspense parts of that anime. I just want something a little more down to Earth suspense in an anime instead of other-wordly like Boogiepop Phantom or Serial Experiments Lain or even Another itself. (even though those are very good series ). Just something akin to an Alfred Hitchcock film. A little gore is fine but I'd like it to be spread out a bit more than Another if that's possible. Something where your fellow man is more of an enemy than a curse if you know what I'm saying
I didn't put Horror since Horror doesn't seem to scare me that badly in anime but if you think there is a Horror anime with great suspense/mystery then I'm all ears.
Oh and I've already seen Higurashi .... like I said something a little more spread out in the gore department. I liked the second season of that one more than the first actually. (both seasons are solid though)
106764 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/14/12

funnyginsan wrote:

CR ID / Name:Funnyginsan
Fav anime titles that are similar to what I would like to be recommended: Another
Genres that I wish to be recommended:Suspense/mystery
Comments: I only put Another up there since I really liked the suspense parts of that anime. I just want something a little more down to Earth suspense in an anime instead of other-wordly like Boogiepop Phantom or Serial Experiments Lain or even Another itself. (even though those are very good series ). Just something akin to an Alfred Hitchcock film. A little gore is fine but I'd like it to be spread out a bit more than Another if that's possible. Something where your fellow man is more of an enemy than a curse if you know what I'm saying
I didn't put Horror since Horror doesn't seem to scare me that badly in anime but if you think there is a Horror anime with great suspense/mystery then I'm all ears.
Oh and I've already seen Higurashi .... like I said something a little more spread out in the gore department. I liked the second season of that one more than the first actually. (both seasons are solid though)


Horror(ish) - Hell Girl, Ghost Hunt

Psychological - Ghost Hound, Mononoke, Aoi Bungaku, Requiem from the Darkness, Ayakashi: Samurai Horror Tales, Kino's Journey, Kuchuu Buranko, Shigofumi

Mystery - Dennou Coil, House of Five Leaves, Zipang, Kurenai, Chiko, Heiress of the Phantom Thief

Fantasy(ish) - Kaiba, Kurozuka, Simoun (yuri, but still pretty good)








31250 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 8/14/12

tinaroo wrote:

CR ID: tinaroo

I'm looking for something a bit specific. I just finished watching the main story line of Clannad while crying solidly. Before that part there are some episodes where Tomoya is living by himself and then with Nagisa. Are there any other anime about the transition from high school to adult life? Preferably with some romance. Post both happy and sad anime but do not tell me which are which. It would be good if they were as well done as Clannad but I know that truly exceptional examples are rare (I only know of Code Geass and now Clannad).

I plan on watching Kanon and maybe Air as well because they're by the same people.


Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei(The Tatami Galaxy)

Welcome to the NHK

5 cm per Second (movie)

I don't know too many shows like that, but I think these are fairly along the lines of what you're looking for.
70703 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Irish/German - Am...
Offline
Posted 8/14/12 , edited 8/14/12

After 19 MAL searches I think the one that is closest to what I am looking for is "Chiko, Heiress of the Phantom Thief"


I need to pick up Hell Girl and Ghost Hound again


Dennou Coil
, House Of Five Leaves and Kaiba also seem interesting but not what I'm looking for right now. anyways thanks for this.
106764 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/14/12

funnyginsan wrote:


After 19 MAL searches I think the one that is closest to what I am looking for is "Chiko, Heiress of the Phantom Thief"


I need to pick up Hell Girl and Ghost Hound again


Dennou Coil
, House Of Five Leaves and Kaiba also seem interesting but not what I'm looking for right now. anyways thanks for this.


AHTL will love you for it.
61404 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 8/14/12
I don't think you can go wrong with Dennou Coil, House Of Five Leaves or Kaiba. Of course, they do not fall into what you originally requested.
9974 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / San Diego, USA
Offline
Posted 8/15/12
Hear ye, hear ye!

Let it be known that on this day, Yosuga no Sora was once again suggested for the viewing of the public.
1024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/15/12
[REQUEST]
CR ID / Name: Dawknight
Fav anime titles that are similar to what I would like to be recommended: Death Note, Beserk, Another
Genres that I wish to be recommended: Mature, Horror, Intelligent
Comments:


So yeah I just recently subscribed to CR on PS3 and would like some recommandations... It's been a while since i've watched animes and i'm looking for something like 12-50 episodes with a more mature and serious tone.

Also since I just got the app on PS3 i'd like animes that are on CR only... I've noticed that animes like death note are not even listed on there. is there anything here for my tastes ?
129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 8/16/12 , edited 8/16/12

Dawknight wrote:

[REQUEST]
CR ID / Name: Dawknight
Fav anime titles that are similar to what I would like to be recommended: Death Note, Beserk, Another
Genres that I wish to be recommended: Mature, Horror, Intelligent
Comments:


So yeah I just recently subscribed to CR on PS3 and would like some recommandations... It's been a while since i've watched animes and i'm looking for something like 12-50 episodes with a more mature and serious tone.

Also since I just got the app on PS3 i'd like animes that are on CR only... I've noticed that animes like death note are not even listed on there. is there anything here for my tastes ?


@Dawknight:
- The only mature, horror, intelligent anime on CR that I know of is "The Mystic Archives of Dantalian" (Dantalian no Shoka). I enjoyed it, and generally recommend it... but it's sort of like a solid B. (note: ignore the first 2 minutes... the series is nothing like that).

- Other than that... most everyone I know that enjoyed Death Note also enjoyed "Code Geass." It's not horror, but it has that kind of chess match with people's lives aspect to it. This one's also on CR. (Btw, the first episode really sucks).

- A few weeks back, I saw someone else make a recommendation for: "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni." I decided to check it for myself, and about 20 episodes in, I'm really blown away by it. It would match the Mature, Horror, Intellectual, Suspence like a classic Hitchcock. The only drawback is that it's not on CR, Hulu, Funimation, or any of the legit sites I know of. I'm not sure if it's on Netflix or not.

- Lastly if you're into supernatural, but do not necessarily require horror, I'd recommend "Dusk Maiden Amnesia." It would be like if Another focused on comedy, friendship, and romance while having a mystery on the back burner. I'm not sure if it really fits what you're looking for, but Another was my hands down favorite from Winter '12, and Dusk Maiden of Amnesia was my favorite of Spring '12. This one's also on CR.

First  Prev  717  718  719  720  721  722  723  724  725  726  727  728  729  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.