Remove this ad
First  Prev  718  719  720  721  722  723  724  725  726  727  728  729  730  Next  Last
Post Reply Recommend me an Anime! **Read First Post!**
1024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/16/12

Windry wrote:


Dawknight wrote:

[REQUEST]
CR ID / Name: Dawknight
Fav anime titles that are similar to what I would like to be recommended: Death Note, Beserk, Another
Genres that I wish to be recommended: Mature, Horror, Intelligent
Comments:


So yeah I just recently subscribed to CR on PS3 and would like some recommandations... It's been a while since i've watched animes and i'm looking for something like 12-50 episodes with a more mature and serious tone.

Also since I just got the app on PS3 i'd like animes that are on CR only... I've noticed that animes like death note are not even listed on there. is there anything here for my tastes ?


@Dawknight:
- The only mature, horror, intelligent anime on CR that I know of is "The Mystic Archives of Dantalian" (Dantalian no Shoka). I enjoyed it, and generally recommend it... but it's sort of like a solid B. (note: ignore the first 2 minutes... the series is nothing like that).

- Other than that... most everyone I know that enjoyed Death Note also enjoyed "Code Geass." It's not horror, but it has that kind of chess match with people's lives aspect to it. This one's also on CR. (Btw, the first episode really sucks).

- A few weeks back, I saw someone else make a recommendation for: "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni." I decided to check it for myself, and about 20 episodes in, I'm really blown away by it. It would match the Mature, Horror, Intellectual, Suspence like a classic Hitchcock. The only drawback is that it's not on CR, Hulu, Funimation, or any of the legit sites I know of. I'm not sure if it's on Netflix or not.

- Lastly if you're into supernatural, but do not necessarily require horror, I'd recommend "Dusk Maiden Amnesia." It would be like if Another focused on comedy, friendship, and romance while having a mystery on the back burner. I'm not sure if it really fits what you're looking for, but Another was my hands down favorite from Winter '12, and Dusk Maiden of Amnesia was my favorite of Spring '12. This one's also on CR.



thanks a lot ! it's funny because I actually just started "The Mystic Archives of Dantalian" at random...
so far it seems interesting. and also thanks for the second recommandation "Dusk Maiden Amnesia" i'll def try it.

ima stick to what I can watch on my PS3 for now but i'll note down the other one. Was a bit disappointed by the list on CR tbh. I figured my type of anime might not be the most popular, eventhough I can enjoy stuff like bleach. nothing blew me away like death note or Beserk a couple years ago...
129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 8/16/12 , edited 8/16/12

Dawknight wrote:

thanks a lot ! it's funny because I actually just started "The Mystic Archives of Dantalian" at random...
so far it seems interesting. and also thanks for the second recommandation "Dusk Maiden Amnesia" i'll def try it.

ima stick to what I can watch on my PS3 for now but i'll note down the other one. Was a bit disappointed by the list on CR tbh. I figured my type of anime might not be the most popular, eventhough I can enjoy stuff like bleach. nothing blew me away like death note or Beserk a couple years ago...


Oh, you're welcome. The 2 animes recently that a lot of people felt "blew them away" were Code Geass and Steins;Gate. They're both on crunchyroll. Neither of them are horror however... but then again Berserk and Death Note weren't really horror either.

I put Code Geass in my original recommendation. I think Steins; Gate was pretty good, many other's would say it was mind blowing.

I guess the 3rd "recent" anime that blew people away would be Full Metal Alchemist... but that was a while ago.
1024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/16/12

Windry wrote:


Dawknight wrote:

thanks a lot ! it's funny because I actually just started "The Mystic Archives of Dantalian" at random...
so far it seems interesting. and also thanks for the second recommandation "Dusk Maiden Amnesia" i'll def try it.

ima stick to what I can watch on my PS3 for now but i'll note down the other one. Was a bit disappointed by the list on CR tbh. I figured my type of anime might not be the most popular, eventhough I can enjoy stuff like bleach. nothing blew me away like death note or Beserk a couple years ago...


Oh, you're welcome. The 2 animes recently that a lot of people felt "blew them away" were Code Geass and Steins;Gate. They're both on crunchyroll. Neither of them are horror however... but then again Berserk and Death Note weren't really horror either.

I put Code Geass in my original recommendation. I think Steins; Gate was pretty good, many other's would say it was mind blowing.

I guess the 3rd "recent" anime that blew people away would be Full Metal Alchemist... but that was a while ago.


Full metal alchemist didn't blew me away, but I thought it was pretty good ;)
37611 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 8/16/12 , edited 8/18/12
Steins;Gate was removed from crunchyroll :/

If you watch it though, I would watch the first 3 episodes skip to episode 10 or something, 4-9 are boring as hell imo; they do introduce a few characters but it's too slow-paced for my taste, if that's fine then be my guest though.
74 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 8/17/12
So is there any anime like avatar? Not trying to imply that avatar is an anime.
129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 8/17/12

arilando wrote:

So is there any anime like avatar? Not trying to imply that avatar is an anime.


I've only watched a little of The Last Airbender series, but I think Fairy Tail ("Tail", like on a dog. Not "Tale", like a story) is the anime that most resembles it.

If you're ok with something darker and more mature, I'd recommend Full Metal Alchemist.
37611 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 8/18/12
[REQUEST]
CR ID / Name:
s1Lykos
Fav anime titles that are similar to what I would like to be recommended:
-Code Geass
-Another
-Stein's;Gate
Genres that I wish to be recommended:Action/Mystery or I guess anything not slow-paced if it's amazingly good
Comments: Preferably a show that has action and has a flowing plot that isn't a bunch of small stories, and is newer (maybe 2008+)
Some that I've already seen:
-Code Geass
-Another
-Dusk Maiden of Amnesia
-Stein's Gate
-Most of the large anime with 70+ episodes
-Death Note
-Fullmetal Alchemist:Brotherhood
-Fullmetal Alchemist
-Hellsing
-Fate/Stay
-Fate/Zero
-D.Gray.Man
-SoulEater
-Ghost07
129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 8/19/12

s1Lykos wrote:

[REQUEST]
CR ID / Name:
s1Lykos
Fav anime titles that are similar to what I would like to be recommended:
-Code Geass
-Another
-Stein's;Gate
Genres that I wish to be recommended:Action/Mystery or I guess anything not slow-paced if it's amazingly good
Comments: Preferably a show that has action and has a flowing plot that isn't a bunch of small stories, and is newer (maybe 2008+)
Some that I've already seen:
-Code Geass
-Another
-Dusk Maiden of Amnesia
-Stein's Gate
-Most of the large anime with 70+ episodes
-Death Note
-Fullmetal Alchemist:Brotherhood
-Fullmetal Alchemist
-Hellsing
-Fate/Stay
-Fate/Zero
-D.Gray.Man
-SoulEater
-Ghost07


I recommend:
Darker than Black
Samurai Champloo
Gungrave (episodes 2-20)
maybe Ergo Proxy
67 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / F / Over the rainbow...
Offline
Posted 8/21/12
I recommend watching Katekyo Hitman Reborn! It starts out kinda slow but if you stick to it, I'm sure you'll really enjoy it!
4527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / America
Offline
Posted 8/22/12
1. Do include what genres and types of shows you prefer to watch.
2. If you aren't sure what you want to watch, but hope for recommendations that are similar to certain anime series that you have watched, kindly include a list of said anime in your post.

I don't know how to answer 1, but I would like animes related to Polar Bear Cafe and Hanamaru Kindergarten.
1005 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 8/23/12
An action adventure anime I don't mind if there's sci-fi or fantasy involved, but mainly one that has a hero and a heroine that have a gradual growing relationship upto the final episode.
Sort of like
Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu or Most JC Staff animes.
129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 8/25/12
@Imbryan

I recommend:
Trigun
Full Metal Panic
The Mystic Archives of Dantalian
Sword Art Online
Chrono Crusade (if you're ok with some horror)
Katanagatari
Disgaea

@polarbearcafe
m... I'm not sure what you're looking for here.
- Did you enjoy the little children cuteness aspect? If so, I can't really help you out there. Maybe Lucky Star?

- Did you enjoy the style? (no story - constant comedy skits)
- If so, I really enjoyed the 2-5minute skits in between seasons of "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya."
- If you want some HS/College appropriate anime that go with this style, there's: "Daily Lives of High School Boys," "Seitokai Yakuindomo," "Seitokai no Ichizon," and "Azumanga Daioh."
Posted 8/25/12
[REQUEST]
CR ID / Name: Ongkanon

I would like to be recommended similar like these: outlaw star,trigun,cowboy bepop, one piece.

In other words adventure,science,thriller,space,romance,drama.

i've watched so many animes likes of onepiece,bleach.naruto so im getting really bored to them and found new interest for space,science and future themes that are still some sort of adventurous rather than sticking to one place but if there are really good animes like that i dont bother showing me one.

Thanks.
17 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 8/25/12
I liked Durarara!!

Recommendations?
129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 8/25/12
@Ongkanon
I don't know any anime that would fit all your categories, but if you're willing to drop the space aspect, I'd recommend:
- Full Metal Alchemist (I recommend the original. I did not like Brotherhood.)
- Samurai Champloo - Same guys that did Bebop
- Darker than Black
- Death Note
- Code Geass
- Also, Trigun came out with a movie in the last year or two "Badlands Rumble."

@Trithh - Can't really help, sorry. I've only watched 4-5 episodes of Durara, and I didn't like it, and I didn't even understand what it was about, but there's quite a few people who liked it, so I'm sure someone can help you out.
First  Prev  718  719  720  721  722  723  724  725  726  727  728  729  730  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.