First  Prev  727  728  729  730  731  732  733  734  735  736  737  738  739  Next  Last
Post Reply Recommend me an Anime! **Read First Post!**
35046 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/17/12
tired of watching the same anime over and over so here what i'm into

Genres I like:
-Action with/without some mecha (No gundam please)
-Drama
-Suspense
-thriller


Shows I like
-Naruto/Shippuuden
-Bleach
-Death Note
-Dead Man Wonderland
-Black Butler
-Claymore
-Fate zero
-fate stay night

Basically if it has action and sword play I can get into it, pls help
157 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Tromsø, Norway
Offline
Posted 10/17/12
Hi,

I would love to get some recommendations for a new anime/manga to watch/read :D

Shows I like are: Dragonball(z), naruto, bleach, one piece, hajime no ippo, !fairy tail!, eyeshield 21, strongest disciple Kenichi.

I've read alot of air gear but got sick of it(a bit the same with one piece).

I've tried soul eater, katekyo hitman, but I didnt like those so much. Any suggestions would be awesome ^_^
Kohou 
13825 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Tamriel
Offline
Posted 10/17/12

christheslicer wrote:

Looking for some good recommendations :)

Still fairly new to anime. I've only seen about 15 different shows.

Recently I've really enjoyed Kids on the Slope and Madoka Magica

Only really looking for short series, 26 episodes or less would be preferred. Not really interested in longer or never ending series.

Also only really looking for a show on cr (or netflix I guess if its subbed, can't stand english dubs), don't really want to go to another site to watch or buy dvds.

Any recommendations are really appreciated! Thanks!


Also, started Code Geass and Monster, I enjoy them but they aren't exactly what I'm in the mood for ATM.

Will also be most likely watching Angel Beats soon.


I definitely suggest Angel Beats. It's got some good comedy, a little romance, and a bit of action. It's also written by Jun Maeda, one of my favorite writers. It does have some shout-outs you might not get if you're fairly new to anime, (to City Hunter, for example). But I think the majority of it is pretty good. -

Have you watched the 2 Eden of the East films? and if so, have you watched Ghost in the Shell and GitS: Standalone Complex (I think there's a subbed GitS on Netflix). They're by the same studio.

Also going to go out on a limb and suggest Gankutsujou. Can't really say why, it just feels like it might work for you. If you like it, move on to Samurai Seven and the anime Yojinbo!.
Also, in that vein, you might try Un-Go. I've yet to watch it, but it seems like the tone may be similar to a lot of the series you like. It's a mystery series, of sorts, as I understand it. If that works for you, try Gosick.


Kohou 
13825 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Tamriel
Offline
Posted 10/17/12

yestono wrote:

If anyone could recommend me anything that would be great :))

I just LOVE Dark/suspense/somewhat realistic anime, My all time favourite animes within said genre would be:
Code Geass
Texnolyze
Serial Experiment Lain
Cat Soup
Death Note
Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni
Welcome To The NHK.


To the head low here, I want something unexpected, Bishounen helps, Moe thrown in a blood bath helps, Humor a la "Zetsubou Sensei" helps too.

Kuroshitsuji is one of my all time favourites too :3






Definitely not my cup of tea, but I can throw out a few I rejected due to this. Though I do love Lain.

Have you tried Shion no Ou? It's less dark than most of these, but it definitely fits the realism aspect. It's about a mute girl who learns to play shogi to catch the man who murdered her parents in front of her. Think Death Note meets Hikaru no Go.

I'll agree with ChristSlicer about Monster. That's good stuff. Also, anything by Naoki Urasawa is good. 20th Century Boys may be the greatest manga ever made.

If you want to get a little older, there's Clamp with X:1999. Also, Angel Sanctuary, though it's not super realistic.

Also, try Black Jack and some of its offshoots, especially... oh, man, is it Ray? or REC? Whichever one has the girl who's Black Jack's pupil.
And lastly, try Portrait de la Petite Cossette.
18040 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / USA!
Offline
Posted 10/17/12
Can anyone recommend me a romance anime/manga that involves a male and female where she eventually becomes pregnant? Or maybe where the couple lives together? ;<

Or...there's just lots of romantic scenes/pages without fillers/unnecessary drama. ;D I'm feeling really lovey-dovey.

Thank you<3
Kohou 
13825 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Tamriel
Offline
Posted 10/17/12 , edited 10/17/12

joseXD wrote:

Osu Cr comminuty!

Recommend me a series please!

Genres I like:
-Action with/without some mecha (No gundam please)
-Drama
-Suspense
-Romance (maybe a school setting but not necessarily)
-Comedy
-Thriller (Maybe just a synonym for suspense but I hope you guys get what I mean )
-A bit of horror (Like another.)

Genres I'll avoid like the plague
Yaoi/Yuri
Anything that's focused around fanservice and not enough actual story.




I know I named a lot, but I don't really have one specific genre that I like. I favour stories which get more complex like Code Geass and Xamd over simple ones, and animes which apply on a large scale like those and Eureka seven, where it's not necessarily confined to one school. School settings are fine though, the Ef series which is mainly based in one area is still great as romance, as is Toradora!.

TL;DR:
I like a lot of stuff. Simply recommend an anime like the series above, which are the most memorable that I've watched (There's a lot more to name that I Actually like, and even more that I've finished but not all are memorable). Thank you!

I hope I got somewhere with my rambling. I really don't know how to properly describe my tastes, since I'm open to a lot of stuff.

As a final request, almost separate, can anyone recommend an anime like School Days? At first I thought the premise was stupid but it progressed and got so much more complex that I started to like it. It went beyond typical school romance, and with the incredible WTF ending it had, I want to watch another series like it as well.


Let's see. Off the top of my head, let's go with:

Young Adult Mysteries: (b/c you liked Suspense/Drama.)
Shion no Ou - one of my top 3.
Hyouka - excellent. by KyoAni, which means great art, based on an excellent set of light novels.
If these work for you, move on to Kamisama no Memochou and Eden of the East. Then consider delving into Gosick or Yojimbo.


Angel Beats - comedy/romance where all the characters are dead. by the lead writer of Key Visual Arts, so it's similar to CLANNAD or Kanon. It's definitely got a VERY different feel from most romantic anime.
If you like this, try moving onto Little Busters! or Ride Back. Or even better, move on to Fantastic Children.

I also might suggest Utawarerumono, which I describe as Fire Emblem: The Anime.

Tsukihime and/or Fate/Stay Night might treat you ok. (Vampires / Mages. A little romance, a little dark urban fantasy.) If these work for you, I might recommend Sola as well. And Canaan (which is about a girl with synesthesia.)

If your complaint about fanservice is specifically with cheesecake shows as opposed to shows that happen to have fanservices, Spice and Wolf season 1 and 2 might be good for you. They're very heavy on economic theory, and quite pleasant. The very first episode definitely has some Philadelphia-style cheesecake served up, though.

And again, Monster will probably go down super smooth and crisp. Less filling, tastes great. All that.

And I'll go out on a limb for the final one, and just recommend Coyote Ragtime Show, because it's a fun romp. Not as deep as the others I've suggested, but it shares a lot with Cowboy Bebop, and might be a nice lighter sci-fi show after all this darker stuff.
46129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 10/17/12



I've heard of monster. I was thinking of adding it to my list, now I just got some reassurance.

Currently watching clannad and higurashi. Liking it so far, although where I am at the moment is running a bit slow (Wooden starfish).

Already watched Fate/Stay Night (Adored it) and Gosick (The ending made me bawl, yes I'm a sensitive bro ).

Definitely watching all those you recommended one by one. Thank you so much!!



158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/18/12

eightcar wrote:


ShadowMaze wrote:


eightcar wrote:

If someone could recommend me an anime that is like Freezing. Infinite Startos or Linebarrel that would be great

Love mecha plus the other elements in those animes

Thanks!


Strike Witches. It's not full mecha but they have machines that equip to their legs and let them fly. Try it, I liked it.


That was a good series, kinda disappointed for the very ending of second/last season

Thanks, any more recommendations?



Maybe Bakuretsu Tenshi/ Burst Angel or Dragonaut: The Resonance. Then there's Grenadier, It's not really mecha but it's almost super powers and very large boobs.
158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/18/12

sstar269 wrote:

tired of watching the same anime over and over so here what i'm into

Genres I like:
-Action with/without some mecha (No gundam please)
-Drama
-Suspense
-thriller


Shows I like
-Naruto/Shippuuden
-Bleach
-Death Note
-Dead Man Wonderland
-Black Butler
-Claymore
-Fate zero
-fate stay night

Basically if it has action and sword play I can get into it, pls help


Amatsuki
Ao no Exorcist
Claymore
Kara no Kyoukai
Shingetsutan Tsukihime
158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/18/12

genjinald wrote:

Can anyone recommend me a romance anime/manga that involves a male and female where she eventually becomes pregnant? Or maybe where the couple lives together? ;<

Or...there's just lots of romantic scenes/pages without fillers/unnecessary drama. ;D I'm feeling really lovey-dovey.

Thank you<3


Ai Yori Aoshi
Nana
Ayashi no Ceres
Hana Yori Dango
His and Her Circumstances
Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Onegai Teacher
Peach Girl

I don't think your going to find one without complications and unnecessary drama. I tried not to add the ones that would make you sod yourself into dehydration. These are the best I can do for now but they are still pretty dramatic.
7030 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / East Coast, USA
Offline
Posted 10/18/12


Yeah, I think I'm gonna go with Angel Beats after I watch Durarara!! I haven't seen the Eden of the East films yet. I want to watch them but I haven't found a place to stream them and I don't really want to buy them. The one on netflix is dubbed which sucks. I've seen Ghost in the Shell and I liked it. I want to watch Stand Alone Complex but I haven't found a place to watch. I think it was on netflix before but it was dubbed.

Gankutsujou looks interesting. I will check it out at some point. Are Samurai Seven and Yojimbo based on the Akira Kurosawa films?

Un-Go also looks interesting. I added it to my queue.

Thanks for all the suggestions!
Kohou 
13825 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Tamriel
Offline
Posted 10/18/12

christheslicer wrote:



Yeah, I think I'm gonna go with Angel Beats after I watch Durarara!! I haven't seen the Eden of the East films yet. I want to watch them but I haven't found a place to stream them and I don't really want to buy them. The one on netflix is dubbed which sucks. I've seen Ghost in the Shell and I liked it. I want to watch Stand Alone Complex but I haven't found a place to watch. I think it was on netflix before but it was dubbed.

Gankutsujou looks interesting. I will check it out at some point. Are Samurai Seven and Yojimbo based on the Akira Kurosawa films?

Un-Go also looks interesting. I added it to my queue.

Thanks for all the suggestions!


Seven Samurai is almost identical in premise to Gankutsou (which is FUTURE SPACE Count of Monte Cristo) in that it's Future Space Samurai Seven. I found it far more interesting as a premise than as a series, but I don't know how I'd take it if I went back to it.

Yojimbo, on the other hand, is more of an update, with a bit of an expansion of the premise. The anime fleshes out some concepts, expands roles, etc. It is, by definition, filler, I guess. But it's darn well executed filler. It also does some FASCINATING things with art styles and colors. It even tries to mimic sepia tone and film grain for effects. It's definitely a series I'd watch for execution as much as for plot. I will say... it's not a slow series, but it's definitely a deliberately paced series - similar to Monster, actually. So it's prob. something to leave on the burner for now.
2458 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Rochester, NY
Offline
Posted 10/18/12

ShadowMaze wrote:


eightcar wrote:


ShadowMaze wrote:


eightcar wrote:

If someone could recommend me an anime that is like Freezing. Infinite Startos or Linebarrel that would be great

Love mecha plus the other elements in those animes

Thanks!


Strike Witches. It's not full mecha but they have machines that equip to their legs and let them fly. Try it, I liked it.


That was a good series, kinda disappointed for the very ending of second/last season

Thanks, any more recommendations?



Maybe Bakuretsu Tenshi/ Burst Angel or Dragonaut: The Resonance. Then there's Grenadier, It's not really mecha but it's almost super powers and very large boobs.


Watched first 3 episodes of burst angel, story...bleh, music intro worse. (and that was before I read this recommendation)

Gonna try Grenadier
Kohou 
13825 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Tamriel
Offline
Posted 10/18/12
Thought I might see what I can get for a recommendation. I'm coming down with a cold, so I want something kinda light and insubstantial.

Usually when I want that, I either go for comedy stuff like Lucky Star, Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu and Working, or more action, like Prince of Tennis or City Hunter. You know, sort the anime equivalent of a Miller Light. So, if anyone has something along those lines, it would be great.

(I've seen K-On!, Ouran and Haruhi Suzumiya, which are the other 3 that first occured to me. And I know enough about the more common shounen series to know it's not what I want right now.)
158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/19/12 , edited 10/19/12

eightcar wrote:


ShadowMaze wrote:


eightcar wrote:


ShadowMaze wrote:


eightcar wrote:

If someone could recommend me an anime that is like Freezing. Infinite Startos or Linebarrel that would be great

Love mecha plus the other elements in those animes

Thanks!


Strike Witches. It's not full mecha but they have machines that equip to their legs and let them fly. Try it, I liked it.


That was a good series, kinda disappointed for the very ending of second/last season

Thanks, any more recommendations?



Maybe Bakuretsu Tenshi/ Burst Angel or Dragonaut: The Resonance. Then there's Grenadier, It's not really mecha but it's almost super powers and very large boobs.


Watched first 3 episodes of burst angel, story...bleh, music intro worse. (and that was before I read this recommendation)

Gonna try Grenadier


:) Knew you'd go for the boobs. Good choice.

I completly agree with you about Burst Angel. The first three episodes sucked. It kept pretending the cook guy was the main character. They give up on that though and he's hardly even in it for the second half, if I remember right.

First  Prev  727  728  729  730  731  732  733  734  735  736  737  738  739  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.