First  Prev  735  736  737  738  739  740  741  742  743  744  745  746  747  Next  Last
Post Reply Recommend me an Anime! **Read First Post!**
13718 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / ...Right Here...
Offline
Posted 11/15/12
I have watched A LOT of different anime and don't really have a favorite type or anything.

I am looking for something that is maybe a bit romantic or flirty, not a harem anime, has some action and maybe a slice of life.

I have watched Vampire Knight and Sword Art Online and like both of those a lot. Also I liked Ouran High School Host Club too.

If anyone has some suggestions, please let me know.
19407 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/15/12
ColorMeAnime: If you haven't seen it then what I would recomend is Baka and Test. It's Flirty, funny and has some action. Seeing as you liked Ouran High School Host Club I would recomend giving that one a try as it's along that type of show.
13718 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / ...Right Here...
Offline
Posted 11/15/12

Mageius wrote:

ColorMeAnime: If you haven't seen it then what I would recomend is Baka and Test. It's Flirty, funny and has some action. Seeing as you liked Ouran High School Host Club I would recomend giving that one a try as it's along that type of show.


Thanks so much!!! I completely forgot I started to watch this anime! I get scattered and forget to come back to them some times! Thanks for the suggestion!! Will definitely watch the rest!!
38432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 11/16/12
I love Kimi ni Todoke (currently rewatching it now) and I am also watching Say, I love you and My Little Monsters...

I've watched and love the ff. too:
Hanasakeru Seishonen
Itazura na Kiss
Saiunkoku Monogatari
Nodame Cantabile
Corda D'Oro
Ouran High School Club
Tsubabasa Chronicles
Toradora
Gosick
Skip Beat!
Lovely Complex
Wallflower
Sola
Vampire Knight
Special A
Kaichou wa Maid-sama
Honey and Clover
His and Her Circumstances


any good anime like those mentioned above. past, present, & future

anything that I missed

thanks a bunch
37266 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 11/16/12

If you haven't already seen them, I think you would probably like Waiting in the Summer and Chihayafuru. Both are on CR. Chihayafuru is low on the romance, although it is still sort of present. The style is pretty consistent with above shows though, so you might give it a try. Other than that, you've seen most of the ones that I'd recommend.
158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 11/16/12

princessroyalblue wrote:

I love Kimi ni Todoke (currently rewatching it now) and I am also watching Say, I love you and My Little Monsters...

I've watched and love the ff. too:
Hanasakeru Seishonen
Itazura na Kiss
Saiunkoku Monogatari
Nodame Cantabile
Corda D'Oro
Ouran High School Club
Tsubabasa Chronicles
Toradora
Gosick
Skip Beat!
Lovely Complex
Wallflower
Sola
Vampire Knight
Special A
Kaichou wa Maid-sama
Honey and Clover
His and Her Circumstances


any good anime like those mentioned above. past, present, & future

anything that I missed

thanks a bunch


Peach Girl
Boys Over Flowers
Aishiteruze Baby
Then there is Kemono no Souja Erin it's mainly not a romance but it fits with your other anime.
38432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 11/16/12
Waiting in the Summer and Chihayafuru sound good...thanks
38432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 11/16/12
Oh I've seen Aishiteruze Baby..cute anime

Peach Girl, Boys Over Flowers, & Kemono no Souja Erin = I'll definitely put them on my list. thank you
92 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F
Offline
Posted 11/16/12
Baccano! is definitely my favorite C:
9834 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Narnia
Offline
Posted 11/16/12
Request:

I just started watching anime on regular basis and the ones I've seen are
Death Note
FMAB
Code Geass
Elfen Lied
and im currently watching SOA

Code Geass was my favorite but I've enjoyed each of these...the characters in SOA are a little dull but they make my closet hopeless romantic side happy.

I guess I'm looking for anything smart like DN and CG but death note was very limited in action...the opposite of FMAB but FMAB didnt make that previously mentioned side of me happy until the last episode.

basically if you can think of anything similar to the amount of romance these anime's have, but maintain a strong plot and character personalities.

AND really if theres anything you thought was abso-f***ing-lutely amazing recommend to to me as well and i'll give it a look =) THANKS
3039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/16/12
can someone Recommend me an Anime ^_^

^_-

Im currently watching
My Little Monster
Blast of Tempest
Hayate No Gotoku
13718 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / ...Right Here...
Offline
Posted 11/17/12 , edited 11/17/12

Naunix wrote:

Request:

I just started watching anime on regular basis and the ones I've seen are
Death Note
FMAB
Code Geass
Elfen Lied
and im currently watching SOA

Code Geass was my favorite but I've enjoyed each of these...the characters in SOA are a little dull but they make my closet hopeless romantic side happy.

I guess I'm looking for anything smart like DN and CG but death note was very limited in action...the opposite of FMAB but FMAB didnt make that previously mentioned side of me happy until the last episode.

basically if you can think of anything similar to the amount of romance these anime's have, but maintain a strong plot and character personalities.

AND really if theres anything you thought was abso-f***ing-lutely amazing recommend to to me as well and i'll give it a look =) THANKS



Well I don't know if this will help, but there is a decent plot, characters, and romance-ish stuff in sekirei. It is a bit much at times though, but funny. If you are fine with harems.

Also, if you haven't given Bleach a look, you definitely should.
13718 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / ...Right Here...
Offline
Posted 11/17/12 , edited 11/17/12
Alright, so I am looking for some hard core romance, maybe slightly raunchy but not too much. No harems preferred (they tend to not have the type of in depth plot im looking for), but I am fine with polyandrous situations. lol

have seen and liked:

Vampire Knight/Vampire Knight Guilty
Clannad/Clannad After Story


22384 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 11/17/12
To Naunix
-So do you want stuff that is actiony? I really like Baccano! It started off not very popular, but it is gaining momentum. It's got a lot of action (heads up, it's really bloody). It's my favorite anime that I have seen. I would also recommend Darker than Black. Kinda like a darker, Japanese X-Men. Since you are newer to anime, pretty much everyone will tell you to watch Evangelion. I'm not a huge mecha fan, but it was pretty good. I like the new Evangelion movies better. Also, I haven't seen it yet, but I hear Cowboy Bebop is a really good, action-y show. It's also a classic. Trigun is pretty cool. It's a futuristic Western show. And, finally I'll throw out Gurren Lagann (another favorite of mine). It's hard to describe, you just gotta watch it for yourself.
-Rurouni Kenshin is maybe what your looking for. It has a certain amount of romance, some really great characters (I LOVE Sanosuke), and a decent amount of action. It's a little older (maybe from the 90s? or early 2000?) so the animation isn't real shiny, but it isn't bad, either. I would recommend that you skip the last third of the show, as it is all filler and the characters are OOC. If you like this show, I would also recommend the prequel OVA Samurai X Trust and Betrayal, but Samurai X Reflection was really bad (in my opinion). Also, X the series (not the movie_ may be good. It's a CLAMP show, so it's kinda shoujo-y, but it has some good fights and some romance in it. It's kinda sad though, considering it's about the end of the world.
-If you want something smart like Death Note, I HIGHLY recommend Monster. The first four episodes are a little slow, but it really sets the story. It has to do with an ex-doctor hunting down a master serial killer that he had saved when the killer was a child. It's a pretty long show, though. Just a heads up.

To kotakoti
-The only show I have seen on that list is My Little Monster. If you like that, I would try out Toradora.

To ColorMeAnime

-I would definitely recommend Paradise Kiss if you have not seen it. I really like all of Yazawa's work (the ones that have turned into an anime). Some more stuff by her that you might like would be Nana and maybe Gokinjo Monogatari (this one is old, so the animation is dated, but it is still very good). Also, Say I Love You is airing this season, and it's shaping up to be a fairly good show. I would check it out. Also, Honey and Clover is very good. The characters are all college age. I think it's nice to find a show with characters out of high school.
-Do you like romantic comedies? I would check out Toradora, My Little Monster (which is also currently airing), and Kare Kano/ His and Her Circumstances (not sure if it is considered a RomCom, but I think it shows a pretty realistic view of first love). Also gonna throw in Princess Jellyfish for good measure.
20756 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Bellingham WA, USA
Offline
Posted 11/17/12
I need a new slice of life Romantic comedy anime to watch. I've seen pretty much all that I can find...

I like school life anime that is grounded in reality for the most part. A little bit of mysticism is ok with me (like Clannad), but alien/robot girls are a little bit played out for me, and I do not like the "magical school" format either.

What I have seen so far:

First  Prev  735  736  737  738  739  740  741  742  743  744  745  746  747  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.