First  Prev  743  744  745  746  747  748  749  750  751  752  753  754  755  Next  Last
Post Reply Recommend me an Anime! **Read First Post!**
13825 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Tamriel
Offline
Posted 12/17/12

shinkodachi wrote:

Yo.

I don't know what's wrong with me but I'm into weird love stories, but there's usually just 1 show that I like to watch out of everything that's on CR. (Maybe I just suck at finding other anime?)

E.g. currently watching My Little Monster, previously watched Mysterious Girlfriend X. Yes, from time to time I follow mainstream stuff (Naruto Shippuden), but just 'cause I don't want to fall out of the "loop".

So y'all recommend me something with a weird love story?


Like, all hentai ever?
No, but seriously... there's umm... Kashimishi Girl Meets Girl, with genderbent lesbians. Koi Kaze has incest. Familiar of Zero has riding crops and tsundere lolis. Revolutionary Girl Utena (the series) has incest, twincest, gaycest, and CARcest. School Days is pretty obvious. and... He Is My Master has maids.
1594 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Nun Ya
Offline
Posted 12/17/12
1. I LOVE Romance/Supernatural
2. Her'es where you can find a list of my top 50,
http://www.youtube.com/user/buleleader?feature=mhee
If you can find something that I would like, and haven't watched yet, I will do my best to try to find a way to mail you cake!
SRY PEOPLE!!!!
If you want a more in depth list...
Ah! My Goddess: Flights of Fancy episode 11
Air gear episode 14
Akane Iro ni Somaru Saka Episode 4
Akikan! Episode 4
amatsuki episode 12
Angel Tales episode 2
asura cryin' episode 14
B gata H kei episode 7
Baka to test season 2 episode 14 (or season 3)
Bakemonogatari Episode 6
Chaos Head episode 6
Charger Girl Ju-den Chan Episode 9
chobits episode 25
Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 25
Clannad episode 4
Control episode 12
Corpse Princess episode 7
crest of the stars episode 6
Da Capo episode 7
Deadman Wonderland season 1 episode 13
deltora quest episdoe 6
demonbane episode 4
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko episode 6
Dog Days Episode 2
dragonaut the resonance episode 6
Dragon Crisis! episode 2
elemental gelade episode 3
Elfen lied episode 9
fairy tail episode 3
Fortune Arterial Episode 9
Fractale episode 3
Freezing episode 13
Fruits basket episode 2
Girls Bravo episode 3
Goshushosama Ninomiya-kun episode 4
Green Green season 1 episode 4
H20 Footprints in The Sand Episode 3
HANAUKYO Maid Team Episode 4
Highschool of the dead season 2 episode 1
Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi episode 7
ikki tousen episode 6
Indian summer episode 4
Infinite stratos episode 3
Iriya no Sora episode 3
Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi Episode 4
Kanokon episode 6
kaze no stigma episode 3
kiss X sis episode 3
kore wa episode 14
kurokami episode 7
mahoromatic automatic maiden episode 2
Mayoi Neko Overrun! episode 8
Naruto season 3 episode 81
Nyan Koi Episode 3
pani poni dash! episode 8
Princess Resurrection Episode 8
Ranma 1/2 - Episode 3
Samurai Deeper Kyo episode 2
S-Cry-Ed episode 21
Sekirei episode 1 season 3
Shuffle! season 2 episode 1
spice and wolf season 2 episode 11
steel angel kurumi episode 5
Tenjou Tenge episode 4
The world only god knows season 3 episode 1
vandread episode 24
wagaya no oinari-sama episode 6
welcome to the nhk episode 7
We, Without Wings - under the innocent sky episode 7
Yumekui Merry Episode 8
zatch bell episode 2
Zoids season 1 episode 2

That's about half...
13825 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Tamriel
Offline
Posted 12/17/12 , edited 12/17/12

ShadowMaze wrote:

Kids on the Slope
AnoHana




AnoHana I've seen. Kids on the Slope seemed a little to full of boys. Is it? I will check out House of Five Leaves. Is it a movie?

Neither of the following are my write-ups:
Source
"By the way, for anyone interested, don't bother with Kids on the Slope : it doesn't have the energy and the structural strength of Watanabe's other shows, and the actual plot is a tedious romantic triangle that quickly becomes more and more melodramatic. It's not bad per se ; but you'd expect better from this creative team. It's just not worth seeking it out."

Source
"[House of Five Leaves] is a gripping crime drama set in the Edo period, with the interesting approach that this bunch of bandits are a very low-key and low-profile group... and aren't even particularly good at what they do. The personalities and situations are viewed through a very modern (and probably quite anachronistic, but who cares ?) prism, which feels very refreshing indeed. If you add a superb soundtrack and a distinctive artstyle that both compound the murky atmosphere, and you get a very special show indeed."
[/end not me]
I believe it's a 12 episode series which ran on noitominA.

I also might suggest trying Girls und Panzers? It's charming and has some interesting moments., It reminds me of that Sora wo... (Trumpet anime) but with tank battles.
13825 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Tamriel
Offline
Posted 12/17/12

buleleader wrote:

1. I LOVE Romance/Supernatural
2. Her'es where you can find a list of my top 50,
*snip* Self-Promotion and Tedious List *snip*

That's about half...


Well, you don't have Fate/Stay Night, Kino's Journey, Shangri-La, Monster, or Portrait de la Petite Cossette on there, for starters.
Then there's Gosick, Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu, Sword Art Online, and King of Bandits: Jing.
Don't forget DNAngel, and "The Third: Girl with the Blue Eye."

Oh, and Allison + Lillia, Little Busters, Hyouka, and Kimagure Orange Road.

And I like Red Velvet Cake, thanks.
13825 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Tamriel
Offline
Posted 12/17/12 , edited 12/17/12

Balzack wrote:

I'm looking for an anime that can expand my horizons a little bit. I recently watched Nodame Cantabile and I really enjoyed the way that the audience is subjected to highly technical aspects of musical theory without having to have really any prior knowledge at all (though I was a trombone player for about 10 years so I do have a slight appreciation for orchestrated music).

I also really enjoyed Chihayafuru a whole lot, which is about that competitive ancient Japanese card game. I went into it with zero knowledge of the game, and it was presented to me in a way that was easy for me to understand, while also getting technical and detailed with the matches. And the matches were so epic in how they were animated you really got pulled into them.

It's probably a pipe dream to find something slice of life with great characters like these aforementioned titles; having to do with some kind of sport or skill or game. But I would be interested to hear any suggestions.


In addition to ShadowMaze's suggestions, I might offer Prince of Tennis, though how much it'll teach you is questionable. And I agree with her, that it's difficult to find something that good and technical. Possibly Wings of Honnemaise.

Master Keaton by Naoki Urasawa (the creator of Monster) has some fascinating things you can learn, but it's not super directed (I learned a bit about Germany, a bit about antiques, a bit about dealing with kidnappers, etc.) He's a very well-researched writer. Monster, too, might work, but it's definitely a much much darker show.

There's also Hikaru no Go, with Go (obviously).

RomeoxJuliet will give you an anime version of Romeo and Juliet (or was it Hamlet?) , and along the lines of updating classics, there's Kaze no Yojimbo, and Gankutsou.

I definitely second the Shion no Ou suggestion. It's one of my favorite series.
Oh, and this year, there's Girls Und Panzer, which has some very technical aspects of tank warfare, though it's wrapped in a very saccharine coating.
158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/17/12

Kohou wrote:


ShadowMaze wrote:

Kids on the Slope
AnoHana




AnoHana I've seen. Kids on the Slope seemed a little to full of boys. Is it? I will check out House of Five Leaves. Is it a movie?


Neither of the following are my write-ups:
Source
"By the way, for anyone interested, don't bother with Kids on the Slope : it doesn't have the energy and the structural strength of Watanabe's other shows, and the actual plot is a tedious romantic triangle that quickly becomes more and more melodramatic. It's not bad per se ; but you'd expect better from this creative team. It's just not worth seeking it out."

Source
"[House of Five Leaves] is a gripping crime drama set in the Edo period, with the interesting approach that this bunch of bandits are a very low-key and low-profile group... and aren't even particularly good at what they do. The personalities and situations are viewed through a very modern (and probably quite anachronistic, but who cares ?) prism, which feels very refreshing indeed. If you add a superb soundtrack and a distinctive artstyle that both compound the murky atmosphere, and you get a very special show indeed."
[/end not me]
I believe it's a 12 episode series which ran on noitominA.

I also might suggest trying Girls und Panzers? It's charming and has some interesting moments., It reminds me of that Sora wo... (Trumpet anime) but with tank battles.


Thank's for this. It's very helpful. I'll definatly try House of Five Leaves.
As for Girls und Panzer, I'm already watching it and it is a little like Sora no Woto I guess. Kind of has a little of Bamboo Blade in there too...... though so far I don't like it as much. The ending is always really important in these shows though so I'm looking forward to it.
Their tendancy to sub some of the words or phrases into Germen instead of English get's anoying.
3054 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / US
Offline
Posted 12/17/12 , edited 12/17/12
[REQUEST]

CR ID / Name: Shankies

Looking for some anime reccomendations, im extremely picky so im running out of things to watch.
Any shows that are similar or just in the same genres as these that you think i'd like please;
One Piece
Reborn!
Shiki
Mirai Nikki
Soul Eater
Blue Exorcist
Code Geass
Death Note
K
Pandora Hearts
Darker than Black

Any good horrors or shonen would be great, thanks.

Edit: Dont you dare say Naruto.
19015 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/17/12
Hey

Looking for some new series' to watch, on CR preferably.

Currently watching --
SAO
Blast of Tempest

What I've watched and enjoyed so far --
Shakugan No Shana
Asura Cryin'
Fate/Zero
GOSICK
Campione!
11eyes
Kokoro Connect
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia

I know about Naruto/Bleach and I'll get around to them at some point, but wanting something a little shorter.
13825 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Tamriel
Offline
Posted 12/17/12

iSnowblind wrote:

Hey

Looking for some new series' to watch, on CR preferably.

Currently watching --
SAO
Blast of Tempest

What I've watched and enjoyed so far --
Shakugan No Shana
Asura Cryin'
Fate/Zero
GOSICK
Campione!
11eyes
Kokoro Connect
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia

I know about Naruto/Bleach and I'll get around to them at some point, but wanting something a little shorter.


Hmm... HunterXHunter is 50 eps, Angel Beats is 13, it should work for you if you like Gosick and Shakugan. Also, Hayate no Gotoku, if you like SNS.
I've heard pretty good things about Magi, from people who felt it was better than SAO.
Nyarko-san..... might work for you? Especially if you're a Lovecraft fan, at all. And Bakamonogatari.
2073 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/18/12

Kohou wrote:


shinkodachi wrote:

Yo.

I don't know what's wrong with me but I'm into weird love stories, but there's usually just 1 show that I like to watch out of everything that's on CR. (Maybe I just suck at finding other anime?)

E.g. currently watching My Little Monster, previously watched Mysterious Girlfriend X. Yes, from time to time I follow mainstream stuff (Naruto Shippuden), but just 'cause I don't want to fall out of the "loop".

So y'all recommend me something with a weird love story?


Like, all hentai ever?
No, but seriously... there's umm... Kashimishi Girl Meets Girl, with genderbent lesbians. Koi Kaze has incest. Familiar of Zero has riding crops and tsundere lolis. Revolutionary Girl Utena (the series) has incest, twincest, gaycest, and CARcest. School Days is pretty obvious. and... He Is My Master has maids.


Oh wow, I should have been MUCH more detailed in my post. Absolutely no hentai, no incest, no anything-cest, no homosexual relations, no perverted things. Just clean, heterosexual teen love with a twist. E.g. Mysterious Girlfriend X created an interesting plot around the two starring teens exchanging their saliva to express their feelings to each other. Nothing excessive or perverted, just sticking one's finger to the other's mouth, you know, in that innocent way of thinking with the bees and the flowers etc.

My Little Monster is a bit more mature and serious I think, but full of stereotypical Japanese weirdness. That's what I'm looking for mainly, so please don't take the word "weird" too literally!

Anything like that on CR at the moment?
22384 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 12/18/12



Oh wow, I should have been MUCH more detailed in my post. Absolutely no hentai, no incest, no anything-cest, no homosexual relations, no perverted things. Just clean, heterosexual teen love with a twist. E.g. Mysterious Girlfriend X created an interesting plot around the two starring teens exchanging their saliva to express their feelings to each other. Nothing excessive or perverted, just sticking one's finger to the other's mouth, you know, in that innocent way of thinking with the bees and the flowers etc.

My Little Monster is a bit more mature and serious I think, but full of stereotypical Japanese weirdness. That's what I'm looking for mainly, so please don't take the word "weird" too literally!

Anything like that on CR at the moment?

Just on crunchyroll? There are a few.
Ano Natsu- Boy falls in love with girl who is an alien. Also, a group of friends come together to film a movie. It reminded me a lot of the movie Super 8.
Kokoro Connect- deals a lot with romance, but that side of the show hasn't been resolved yet. It's about a club with 3 girls and 2 boys that have weird stuff happen to them. ex.- in the first story arc, characters randomly swap bodies. It could have strayed into raunchy territory with that, but it did not. It's a good show.
AnoHana- Boy is in love with the ghost of his childhood friend that died. Tries to send her to heaven.
Kimi ni Todoke- The most "normal" series on the list. Fun because everybody is freaked out by the heroine Sawako because they think she has special powers and is evil. They call her Sadako (like from The Ring). It's a fun show.
Toradora- If you are enjoying My Little Monster, I HIGHLY suggest Toradora.
The World God Only Knows- this show is a little different because the main character Keima (who is a hardcore gamer) has to romance girls who have been possessed by escaped demons in order to force the demon out so that it can be captured. It's lighthearted and a comedy, but has some good moments in it. It also has a lot of parodies of other stuff in it. I like it because I like short stories. If you don't like one heroine, you only see her for 3-4 episodes before they move on to the next one.

If you can watch something not on crunchyroll, I'd also suggest Princess Jellyfish. I think it's on hulu. It's about a boy who is really into fashion who falls in love with a nerd who lives with a group of really sociall awkward nerds. The boy likes to cross dress, but is straight and takes a liking to Tsukimi (the main character who is obsessed with jellyfish). It's hard to describe it without making it sound too weird, but it is a very clean show.


16049 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Ireland
Offline
Posted 12/19/12
Hey I'm looking for some anime recommendations
Ive recently finish Death Note & Angel Beats & I'm now watching SAO & Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga Shitai
any recommendations would be a big help now with SAO & Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga Shitai near finished
19611 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Bellingham WA, USA
Offline
Posted 12/19/12 , edited 12/19/12

CrimsonEff3ct wrote:

Hey I'm looking for some anime recommendations
Ive recently finish Death Note & Angel Beats & I'm now watching SAO & Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga Shitai
any recommendations would be a big help now with SAO & Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga Shitai near finished


I don't know if you have only seen those 4 or if you want others that are similar to those.

Since what you listed are pretty cross genre and are some of my top favorites, I'll just list off a few other popular titles that are also favorites of mine.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Sci-Fi, Slice of Life, Comedy
Clannad - Romance, Comedy, Slice of Life, Mystical, Drama
My Little Monster - Romance, Comedy
Azumanga Daioh - Slice of Life, Comedy
School Rumble - Comedy, Slice of Life, Romance

I could recommend dozens of great anime series, but I'll just leave it at this for now since I don't know what you're looking for.
21053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/19/12 , edited 12/19/12
[Request]

I tend to like action/adventure with some comedy the most. My favorite aspects of animes are clever fight scenes with smart use of abilities. I like plot twists and unforeseen turns of events, but within reason, if you know what I mean. I like my plot twists to at least make sense. Also, I like having lots of animation and not too many still frames.

Not too fond of mechs, but if the other aspects are good I don't mind too much. Gratuitous boob and butt shots annoy me, though

I like some mainstream shows like Naruto and Full Metal Alchemist (but for some reason Bleach and One Piece just rub me the wrong way). I've been watching Hunter x Hunter and I love it. Some of my other favorites are Basilisk, S-Cry-ed, Lupin the third and Slayers.

If I had to be more specific, I guess I'm looking for something a lot like HxH at the moment. I want more of that show, but I'm all caught up, unfortunately.

Edit: Oh yeah, and cruncyroll shows if possible
16049 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Ireland
Offline
Posted 12/20/12
Thanks Balzack I was just looking some recommendations on what anime 2 watch I don't really have a specific gene so thanks
First  Prev  743  744  745  746  747  748  749  750  751  752  753  754  755  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.