First  Prev  749  750  751  752  753  754  755  756  757  758  759  760  761  Next  Last
Post Reply Recommend me an Anime! **Read First Post!**
mipegg 
19396 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 1/10/13 , edited 1/10/13

destocot wrote:

Request:
these are all I've ever watched

please recommend anything you think I'd like movies or series
please nothing extremely long I like to keep that for the mangas



Based of the movies you listed ill say summer wars and eden of the east, based off the world god only knows ill say pet girl of sakura hall, death note ill say monster (is quite long ) or another. You also seem to have alot of anime to do with romance/the nature of human interaction so ill say; evangelion, natsuyuki rendezvous, say i love you or rahxephon
mipegg 
19396 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 1/10/13

destocot wrote:

Request:
these are all I've ever watched

please recommend anything you think I'd like movies or series
please nothing extremely long I like to keep that for the mangas



Based of the movies you listed ill say summer wars and eden of the east, based off the world god only knows ill say pet girl of sakura hall
75 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Under your bed
Offline
Posted 1/10/13

mipegg wrote:


TheCombatCA wrote:

Request

Recommend me a romantic comedy anime

I like:
My little monster
The World God Only Knows
A Bridge To The Starry Skies
Mashiroiro Symphony
Inu X Boku Secret Service
Happiness!
The first episode of Oreshura


Pet girl of sakura hall, its more silly/slapstick style comedy but its pretty funny.


I'm waiting for episode 13 of that series.
mipegg 
19396 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 1/10/13

TheCombatCA wrote:


mipegg wrote:


TheCombatCA wrote:

Request

Recommend me a romantic comedy anime

I like:
My little monster
The World God Only Knows
A Bridge To The Starry Skies
Mashiroiro Symphony
Inu X Boku Secret Service
Happiness!
The first episode of Oreshura


Pet girl of sakura hall, its more silly/slapstick style comedy but its pretty funny.


I'm waiting for episode 13 of that series.


Episode 13 came out uesterday
75 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Under your bed
Offline
Posted 1/10/13

mipegg wrote:


TheCombatCA wrote:


mipegg wrote:


TheCombatCA wrote:

Request

Recommend me a romantic comedy anime

I like:
My little monster
The World God Only Knows
A Bridge To The Starry Skies
Mashiroiro Symphony
Inu X Boku Secret Service
Happiness!
The first episode of Oreshura


Pet girl of sakura hall, its more silly/slapstick style comedy but its pretty funny.


I'm waiting for episode 13 of that series.


Episode 13 came out uesterday


Yea..for premium users
mipegg 
19396 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 1/10/13

TheCombatCA wrote:


mipegg wrote:


TheCombatCA wrote:


mipegg wrote:


TheCombatCA wrote:

Request

Recommend me a romantic comedy anime

I like:
My little monster
The World God Only Knows
A Bridge To The Starry Skies
Mashiroiro Symphony
Inu X Boku Secret Service
Happiness!
The first episode of Oreshura


Pet girl of sakura hall, its more silly/slapstick style comedy but its pretty funny.


I'm waiting for episode 13 of that series.


Episode 13 came out uesterday


Yea..for premium users


Then you know what to do
28 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/10/13 , edited 1/10/13
[Request]

'ello! I was hoping that someone could direct me to a romantic-comedy/slice-of-life series of some sort. Something a little more light-hearted and sweet (though I certainly won't turn down something with some emotion and story, that's always nice). And hopefully this doesn't make me too picky, but I'd love if the anime didn't involve/focus on harems or overly-cliche highschool plots.

Some shows I've enjoyed in the past:

Working!!
Ouran High School Host Club
Azumanga Daioh
The Pet Girl of Sakurasou (though again, not usually a fan of harem plots.)

Bonus if the anime has an interesting/charming art style, although it's not completely required. If anyone knows of any good ones, please let me know! Thank you!

Oh, and bonus-bonus points if I can watch it on Crunchyroll but again, defiantly not required.
20757 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Bellingham WA, USA
Offline
Posted 1/10/13 , edited 1/10/13

NekoNerd6 wrote:



On Crunchyroll:

You and Me- A really good slice of life. Not a lot of romance, but a ton of comedy (like Azumanga Daioh).

Chihayafuru- This slice of life is about a competitve Japanese card game that uses poetry. It sounds really boring when reading the description, but it's actually pretty epic. I think that anyone who watches the first episode will end up getting hooked.

My Little Monster- Really hilariously funny romantic comedy that aired last season.

Toradora- Pretty good Romantic Comedy. It's nice but not my favorite only because I don't like the tsundere female lead. Other people love it though.

Kimi ni Todoke- This anime is a bit more romance and drama than comedy, but it's still pretty light hearted. It's a bit melodramatic. Which some people like, and some don't.

Mysterious Girlfriend X- If drool doesn't gross you out, it's a really good romantic comedy.

Say I love you- Very melodramatic romance anime with some light comedy thrown in. The characters are pretty likable and the story is fairly endearing.

Usagi Drop- A touching slice of life about a single young man who ends up raising a little girl. With all the ups and downs that come with it.

Listen to me Girls, I'm your father!- Really funny anime with a similar premise to Usagi Drop. Except the college aged protagonist takes in 3 girls, 2 of which are older. And it's fairly ecchi. Yet it's also endearing and sad at times.

Off Crunchyroll:

Nodame Cantabile - Slice of life about a pianist girl and a conductor guy and their lives through college and beyond. If you like classical music at all that's a big bonus since the music is featured prominently in every episode (does not require advanced knowledge though). It's really funny and light hearted.

Lovely Complex- A sweet romantic comedy about a really tall girl and a really short boy.

B Gata H Kei: Yamada's First Time- So this is borderline hentai. But it's also hilarious and the romance is actually really nice in it. If adult subject matter doesn't offend, it's a great watch.

I could recommend a lot more, but I'll stop here
28 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/10/13

Balzack wrote:
On Crunchyroll:

You and Me- A really good slice of life. Not a lot of romance, but a ton of comedy (like Azumanga Daioh).

Chihayafuru- This slice of life is about a competitve Japanese card game that uses poetry. It sounds really boring when reading the description, but it's actually pretty epic. I think that anyone who watches the first episode will end up getting hooked.

My Little Monster- Really hilariously funny romantic comedy that aired last season.

Toradora- Pretty good Romantic Comedy. It's nice but not my favorite only because I don't like the tsundere female lead. Other people love it though.

Kimi ni Todoke- This anime is a bit more romance and drama than comedy, but it's still pretty light hearted. It's a bit melodramatic. Which some people like, and some don't.

Mysterious Girlfriend X- If drool doesn't gross you out, it's a really good romantic comedy.

Say I love you- Very melodramatic romance anime with some light comedy thrown in. The characters are pretty likable and the story is fairly endearing.

Usagi Drop- A touching slice of life about a single young man who ends up raising a little girl. With all the ups and downs that come with it.

Listen to me Girls, I'm your father!- Really funny anime with a similar premise to Usagi Drop. Except the college aged protagonist takes in 3 girls, 2 of which are older. And it's fairly ecchi. Yet it's also endearing and sad at times.

Off Crunchyroll:

Nodame Cantabile - Slice of life about a pianist girl and a conductor guy and their lives through college and beyond. If you like classical music at all that's a big bonus since the music is featured prominently in every episode (does not require advanced knowledge though). It's really funny and light hearted.

Lovely Complex- A sweet romantic comedy about a really tall girl and a really short boy.

B Gata H Kei: Yamada's First Time- So this is borderline hentai. But it's also hilarious and the romance is actually really nice in it. If adult subject matter doesn't offend, it's a great watch.

I could recommend a lot more, but I'll stop here :P

Oh awesome, thank you very much! I think I've heard of a couple of these actually, I'll defiantly have to look into them. Nodame Cantabile sounds fairly interesting especially. c:
mipegg 
19396 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 1/11/13

NekoNerd6 wrote:


Balzack wrote:
On Crunchyroll:

You and Me- A really good slice of life. Not a lot of romance, but a ton of comedy (like Azumanga Daioh).

Chihayafuru- This slice of life is about a competitve Japanese card game that uses poetry. It sounds really boring when reading the description, but it's actually pretty epic. I think that anyone who watches the first episode will end up getting hooked.

My Little Monster- Really hilariously funny romantic comedy that aired last season.

Toradora- Pretty good Romantic Comedy. It's nice but not my favorite only because I don't like the tsundere female lead. Other people love it though.

Kimi ni Todoke- This anime is a bit more romance and drama than comedy, but it's still pretty light hearted. It's a bit melodramatic. Which some people like, and some don't.

Mysterious Girlfriend X- If drool doesn't gross you out, it's a really good romantic comedy.

Say I love you- Very melodramatic romance anime with some light comedy thrown in. The characters are pretty likable and the story is fairly endearing.

Usagi Drop- A touching slice of life about a single young man who ends up raising a little girl. With all the ups and downs that come with it.

Listen to me Girls, I'm your father!- Really funny anime with a similar premise to Usagi Drop. Except the college aged protagonist takes in 3 girls, 2 of which are older. And it's fairly ecchi. Yet it's also endearing and sad at times.

Off Crunchyroll:

Nodame Cantabile - Slice of life about a pianist girl and a conductor guy and their lives through college and beyond. If you like classical music at all that's a big bonus since the music is featured prominently in every episode (does not require advanced knowledge though). It's really funny and light hearted.

Lovely Complex- A sweet romantic comedy about a really tall girl and a really short boy.

B Gata H Kei: Yamada's First Time- So this is borderline hentai. But it's also hilarious and the romance is actually really nice in it. If adult subject matter doesn't offend, it's a great watch.

I could recommend a lot more, but I'll stop here :P

Oh awesome, thank you very much! I think I've heard of a couple of these actually, I'll defiantly have to look into them. Nodame Cantabile sounds fairly interesting especially. c:


In similar light theres also Kids on the slope which is a slice of life/coming of age/romance about a few kids growing up through the end of highschool and above, its majorly focussing on jazz music aswell. Beck is similar but with rock music and a much more modern theme (kids is set in post war 60's japan)
21 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Seattle
Offline
Posted 1/12/13
What would be a good anime kinda like Sword Art online or Tsubasa (:?
mipegg 
19396 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 1/13/13

wolfwomayyne wrote:

What would be a good anime kinda like Sword Art online or Tsubasa (:?


One of the .hack's or accel world?
378 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Fruit Stand
Offline
Posted 1/13/13

wolfwomayyne wrote:

What would be a good anime kinda like Sword Art online or Tsubasa (:?


You should really try Btooom or Accel World they are both pretty good.
6118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 1/14/13
Hi, my first post and i am really new to anime.

I've watched several animes, and i always read reviews before i watch a anime.

So far i've only watched animes that interest me, story with likeable characters is most important for me.

Anyways, i would like some recommendations.

List: (Kinda top list)

Spice and wolf (Favorite)
Sword art online
Girl und panzer
Hayate nu gutoku and "the Cant take my eyes of you" one.
Btoom
My little monster.
Total Eclipse and Campione (mediocre, but works)


Thanks!
59938 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 1/14/13

Sprelle wrote:

Hi, my first post and i am really new to anime.

I've watched several animes, and i always read reviews before i watch a anime.

So far i've only watched animes that interest me, story with likeable characters is most important for me.

Anyways, i would like some recommendations.

List: (Kinda top list)

Spice and wolf (Favorite)
Sword art online
Girl und panzer
Hayate nu gutoku and "the Cant take my eyes of you" one.
Btoom
My little monster.
Total Eclipse and Campione (mediocre, but works)


Thanks!


You should definitely try Maoyuu and GOSICK as well as Ano Natsu de Matteru.
First  Prev  749  750  751  752  753  754  755  756  757  758  759  760  761  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.