First  Prev  751  752  753  754  755  756  757  758  759  760  761  762  763  Next  Last
Post Reply Recommend me an Anime! **Read First Post!**
13179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Illinois
Offline
Posted 1/16/13
Ok so i already blown through the anime i was recommended awhile ago and i need more recommendations.
:)

What i liked:
Angel Beats!
Shugo Chara
Fate/Zero
Madoka Magica
SAO
Lucky Star
Milky Holmes
Vampire Knight
FMA

Im trying to find stuff that is actually on this site, to save the trouble of me hunting it down anyways.

I guess what i'm mainly looking for are shows like Shugo Chara where there are a lot of like, comedic relief i guess you would say.
But i do like the more serious shows (like Fate/zero and Madoka.)
(BTW what what type of Genre does Madoka Magica Fall under?)

Sorry getting sidetracked.

Anyways so recommend away
mipegg 
20404 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 1/17/13 , edited 1/17/13

Coyotess wrote:

Ok so i already blown through the anime i was recommended awhile ago and i need more recommendations.
:)

What i liked:
Angel Beats!
Shugo Chara
Fate/Zero
Madoka Magica
SAO
Lucky Star
Milky Holmes
Vampire Knight
FMA

Im trying to find stuff that is actually on this site, to save the trouble of me hunting it down anyways.

I guess what i'm mainly looking for are shows like Shugo Chara where there are a lot of like, comedic relief i guess you would say.
But i do like the more serious shows (like Fate/zero and Madoka.)
(BTW what what type of Genre does Madoka Magica Fall under?)

Sorry getting sidetracked.

Anyways so recommend away :)




Madoka magica is a magic girl/tragedy I would say. Based on those, I would say definitely go for chihayafuru, the first few episodes arent that great (deals with past events when the main characters were kids) but get through them and its an absolute gem, is also on here. Maybe worth giving bakuman or usagi drop a go, I think they are on here but licensing bullshit means I cant get it in the UK. I guess clannad and bamboo blade kinda go with Angel beats (If you dont cry during clannad (specifically after story) you have no heart, bamboo blade is alot more... silly)



Godsmen wrote:

I am looking for something like Bleach, Sword Art Online, or even Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple.

Some of my favorite anime:
Initial D
Bleach
SAO
Kenichi
Berserk
Claymore
Trigun
Samurai X


I will take any recommendation but those ones and Naruto my brother ruined that one for me.


So shounen basically, Hunter x Hunter is the grandaddy of them and is still the best one out there in my view. Worth giving Kenshin a go, but I dont think its as good as Samurai X. Maybe even worth giving X/1999 a go, its old but I loved it and its really not very well known out there.
3058 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/17/13
I am a really new Anime watcher. I've only watched about 4 shows so far, and my favorite two are Sword Art Online and Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Art style is kinda important to me, so it would be nice if someone can recommend romantic comedies that have a similar art style to those two.
9018 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / I'm in your house
Offline
Posted 1/17/13

YukinoMiyazawa wrote:


MustacheCashStash wrote:

@ YukinoMiyazawa
Thanks, those all sound great . To be honest, I wasn't expecting to get a reply so quickly, let alone a full list .


Well, I'm glad I was able to help. Hopefully this isn't too much, but I remembered some light-hearted anime. I don't know what laid-back, light-hearted comedies mean to you, so some of these anime may not exactly fit... I'll exclude any ecchi heavy anime though!

1)
Azumanga Daioh
Pani Poni Dash!!
The Best Student Council
Bamboo Blade--This isn't a "comedy-comedy" but more of a slice of life/ coming of age anime about kendo....with comedy in it.
Shin Chan--This is sort of like South Park--i.e. About a group of kids (kindergardeners?) with lots of adult jokes and references. The dub is actually a gag dub.
Ouran High School Host Club--Many caterogize this as a romantic-comedy, but I think that for something to be a romantic-comedy it actually needs romance in it.
School Rumble--THIS is a romantic comedy!
FLCL--This isn't so much laid-back as just weird, but awesome.
Full Metal Panic! (Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu is the more comedic of the series)
My Ordinary Life
Yotsuba&
Super GALS!
GTO--Has some ecchi in it, but not much. It's a more "mature" anime.

Oh, and for 3 you should add: Serial Experiments Lain, Ergo Proxy, and Night Head Genesis. These aren't super-violence either, but are character-driven, and I guess depressing. They're all sci-fi anime. Sci-fi anime tend to be depressing and heavily character-driven.


Alright, cool! Thanks, dude. Those all sound great, much obliged. I'm gonna watch through those as soon as I can. God bless, good buddy...(Hmm, I think I might be sounding a little too overzealous ...Oh, well).
24505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / California
Offline
Posted 1/18/13 , edited 1/18/13

I highly recommend The World God Only Knows and Toradora - Both on crunchyroll

I am a really new Anime watcher. I've only watched about 4 shows so far, and my favorite two are Sword Art Online and Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Art style is kinda important to me, so it would be nice if someone can recommend romantic comedies that have a similar art style to those two.
tryceo
22480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Area 11
Offline
Posted 1/19/13 , edited 1/19/13
I'm in the mood for something action packed, but with some sort of substance inside it other than just violence and blood. I'm open to movies, OVA's and series.

Ex: Trigun, Black Lagoon, Code Geass, Darker than Black, Mobile Suit Gundam00, Fate/Zero, Hellsing, Ghost in the Shell, Baccano, Evangelion, Monster, Akira, Berserk, Fist of the North Star.

Also, I'm not one for Shonen Action, so unless the one you are recommending doesn't follow the usual shonen formula, please don't say any. (In other words, no: Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Inuyasha, Deadman Wonderland, ect.)
mipegg 
20404 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 1/19/13

Willwatch4food wrote:

I'm in the mood for something action packed, but with some sort of substance inside it other than just violence and blood. I'm open to movies, OVA's and series.

Ex: Trigun, Black Lagoon, Code Geass, Darker than Black, Mobile Suit Gundam00, Fate/Zero, Hellsing, Ghost in the Shell, Baccano, Evangelion, Monster, Akira, Berserk, Fist of the North Star.

Also, I'm not one for Shonen Action, so unless the one you are recommending doesn't follow the usual shonen formula, please don't say any. (In other words, no: Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Inuyasha, Deadman Wonderland, ect.)


Redline (watch it on DVD/Bluray or not at all, trust me)
Samurai X (These are rurouni kenshin OVAs so sometimes called OVA and sometimes samurai x)
X/1999 (Series not movie)
Samurai Champloo (watch dubbed)
Cowboy bebop (watch dubbed)
mipegg 
20404 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 1/19/13

tryceo wrote:

I am a really new Anime watcher. I've only watched about 4 shows so far, and my favorite two are Sword Art Online and Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Art style is kinda important to me, so it would be nice if someone can recommend romantic comedies that have a similar art style to those two.


I would also say check out Chihayafuru on here, its not specifically romance (theres an overall plot of it) but more a just generally fun slice of life/coming of age anime with an absolutely beautiful artstyle.
22995 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Sheffield, UK
Offline
Posted 1/20/13
I'm looking for a good horror anime.
I have seen Another and Ghost hunt but I have not heard of many others.
5015 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/20/13
Thanks! Anyone else??
mipegg 
20404 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 1/21/13

hickey1992 wrote:

I'm looking for a good horror anime.
I have seen Another and Ghost hunt but I have not heard of many others.


I believe higurashi is a horror
56059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Online
Posted 1/21/13
Hi, if anyone from Crunchyroll is reading this: please get the rights to show Detective Conan in the US. Funimation or someone less has stopped the fansub group which used to freely subbed the episodes. I think it's greedy from them as Detective Conan was cancelled in the US ages ago. Funimation only aired the first 123 episodes of Detective Conan (which they spanned over 130 episodes, according to Wikipedia), and then canceled the show.

I agree that Funimation should have control over these first 123 episodes. But Detective Conan is still going strong in Japan. At the time of this post, 683 episodes in total have been aired in Japan. So, why punish the fans by preventing them from seeing the 500+ eps not aired by Funimation?
2019 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/22/13 , edited 1/22/13
Hello,

I'm completely new to the anime scene and over the last week I've managed to knock off 3 series and one movie. Needless to say I absolutely loved all of them, so now I'm on the hunt for more series/movies that have similar feel to the ones I've watched. However, I think I've kinda set my bar too high as I ended up doing a little bit of research beforehand and those said titles I watched were some of the most critically acclaimed anime.

I'll list the titles I've watched below, but I'm pretty sure ( ) I like the "slice of life" types of animes with preferably strong visuals and characterization. I'm not too sure on the visual point though... I'm told the previous titles I've watched were industry leaders in art style compared to most anime, so I've probably been spoilt by watching them first. I should also note that I don't like fantasy (e.g. elf ears) anime unless there's a logical reason as to why they exist in the real world (SWO for example) in the first place.

Watched:
Chihayafuru
Hanasaku Iroha
Sword Art Online
Grave of the Fireflies

As I've said before, I adored those titles. Although I have to say that I found it rather hard to watch the second part/season of Sword Art Online as it screamed that the creators were simply trying to prolong the story due to the shows population. It felt extremely cheesy (yeah, I know it was a rather cheesy show in the first place) and much of the tension disappeared.

Still - I hope that somebody can recommend me some anime titles that will leave me with the same thought of wonder that Chihayafuru, Hanasaku Iroha and the first 14 episodes of SWO did upon their conclusion.
61641 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 1/22/13

Tyrx wrote:


I suggest you try GOSICK on CR and "Honey & Clover" on Hulu.
83469 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 1/22/13

Tyrx wrote:

Hello,

I'm completely new to the anime scene and over the last week I've managed to knock off 3 series and one movie. Needless to say I absolutely loved all of them, so now I'm on the hunt for more series/movies that have similar feel to the ones I've watched. However, I think I've kinda set my bar too high as I ended up doing a little bit of research beforehand and those said titles I watched were some of the most critically acclaimed anime.

I'll list the titles I've watched below, but I'm pretty sure ( ) I like the "slice of life" types of animes with preferably strong visuals and characterization. I'm not too sure on the visual point though... I'm told the previous titles I've watched were industry leaders in art style compared to most anime, so I've probably been spoilt by watching them first. I should also note that I don't like fantasy (e.g. elf ears) anime unless there's a logical reason as to why they exist in the real world (SWO for example) in the first place.

Watched:
Chihayafuru
Hanasaku Iroha
Sword Art Online
Grave of the Fireflies

As I've said before, I adored those titles. Although I have to say that I found it rather hard to watch the second part/season of Sword Art Online as it screamed that the creators were simply trying to prolong the story due to the shows population. It felt extremely cheesy (yeah, I know it was a rather cheesy show in the first place) and much of the tension disappeared.

Still - I hope that somebody can recommend me some anime titles that will leave me with the same thought of wonder that Chihayafuru, Hanasaku Iroha and the first 14 episodes of SWO did upon their conclusion.


tari tari
First  Prev  751  752  753  754  755  756  757  758  759  760  761  762  763  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.