First  Prev  762  763  764  765  766  767  768  769  770  771  772  773  774  Next  Last
Post Reply Recommend me an Anime! **Read First Post!**
9033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 3/11/13
To be honest, I just want a good anime. My requests are that the anime is well lit and warm, I mean that it doesn't look dark and cold all the time e.g. Soul Eater, and is relatively new, by this I mean the anime doesn't have 100+ episodes. And, preferably available on Crunchyroll.

Animes I've seen/am currently watching: Kuroko's Basketball, Say "I Love You", Sword Art Online, Hanamaru Kindergarten,and typically, the big 3.

Thanks
16014 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 3/11/13
I'm having problems finding an anime that I like here on Crunchyroll.
Would love if anyone could come up with some nice suggestions for me!

Animes I have watched and liked:
Berserk
Gungrave
Hellsing
Elfen Lied
Fullmetal Alchemist
Rurouni Kenshin
Tenjou Tenge
Claymore
Fate/Stay Night
Blood+
My-Hime
Blue Exorcist
InuYasha
Bleach
Naruto
22480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Area 11
Offline
Posted 3/11/13

frassedylan wrote:

I'm having problems finding an anime that I like here on Crunchyroll.
Would love if anyone could come up with some nice suggestions for me!

Animes I have watched and liked:
Berserk
Gungrave
Hellsing
Elfen Lied
Fullmetal Alchemist
Rurouni Kenshin
Tenjou Tenge
Claymore
Fate/Stay Night
Blood+
My-Hime
Blue Exorcist
InuYasha
Bleach
Naruto


I would do with Fate/Zero. Really great anime with a lot of action, a complex universe and fantastic characters. It is a little slow at first, since the first episode felt like a history lesson, but after that, the show gains the best action out of any show I have ever seen. Be warned, there are a lot of VERY bloody scenes. I'm talking the same level as Elfen Lied or Genocyber. Here is the link on crunchyroll. http://www.crunchyroll.com/fate-zero
16014 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 3/12/13
Great suggestion. Have thought of watching that actually. But I'm in Sweden and Fate/Zero is not available on Crunchyroll here.

Feels like everytime I read about a show I'd like to watch on Crunchyroll, it's not available in my region.
75 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Wisconsin
Offline
Posted 3/12/13 , edited 3/12/13
So, I am obviously looking for a new anime to sink my teeth into. Eyes actually... Creepy as Hell right there.

I am a giant fan of Psycho-Pass and Death Note. Something that is very serious, fairly dark. Depth to it. Genre wise, I don't care. Something should not be judged by genre since they are so broad that they are almost useless.

Worth noting, I do not like a lot of humor. The very... cartoony(?) style of humor that is found in shows like Angel Beats drives me up the wall. The humor in Steins Gate though, I didn't mind. In fact, some of it was really quite funny. Complimented the already great show.

Other Anime I enjoyed, though not necessarily what I am looking for:

Time of Eve
Fate/Zero
Steins Gate

I'm sure there are more, but that's a general idea of my tastes. Hopefully I provided some useful info... If not, I am sure I can try to drum up some more.

Almost forgot! I'd prefer if it was available on either Crunchyroll or Hulu.
13 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 3/13/13

TheCombatCA wrote:

Any romance anime out there?

Genres me likes:
Every genres EXCEPT ECCHI!



Yup! Romance + Heartbreak + Fights = School Rumble.

Check out School Rumble anime and u will find urself attached to it in no time!! Please support my FB page as well!! I'm trying to keep the School Rumble love going! :D

https://www.facebook.com/pages/School-Rumble/168492899968439
13 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 3/13/13

Stonewolfe wrote:

Can anyone recommend some good Slice of Life shows? I've seen quite a few so I don't really remember them all, nor would I want to write them all out, but I would like some ideas of what I could potentially watch next.

I like pretty much all Slice of Lifes: romance, drama, mecha, even comedy.

Preferably something here on Crunchyroll, I don't like having to dig through the internet to find a show, and usually end up only being able to watch an episode or two on other sites cause they also require subscriptions, an exception to this is if like 3+ people recommend one anime that they all say is really good but is not found on Crunchyroll then I will go look for it.


hey buddy, i just recommended the person before you to check out School Rumble!

It's filled with love, romance, passion, fights, heartbreaks, misunderstandings. It's really a unique anime!

At the mean time, do visit my facebook page on school rumble! it is a great anime!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/School-Rumble/168492899968439
20177 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 3/13/13

im0watching0you wrote:

So, I am obviously looking for a new anime to sink my teeth into. Eyes actually... Creepy as Hell right there.

I am a giant fan of Psycho-Pass and Death Note. Something that is very serious, fairly dark. Depth to it. Genre wise, I don't care. Something should not be judged by genre since they are so broad that they are almost useless.

Worth noting, I do not like a lot of humor. The very... cartoony(?) style of humor that is found in shows like Angel Beats drives me up the wall. The humor in Steins Gate though, I didn't mind. In fact, some of it was really quite funny. Complimented the already great show.

Other Anime I enjoyed, though not necessarily what I am looking for:

Time of Eve
Fate/Zero
Steins Gate

I'm sure there are more, but that's a general idea of my tastes. Hopefully I provided some useful info... If not, I am sure I can try to drum up some more.

Almost forgot! I'd prefer if it was available on either Crunchyroll or Hulu.


Well off of Crunchyroll I would try Another if you haven't seen it.
Then some others you might want to check out are:
Kara no Kyokai- this one is made by the same people as fate/zero. It is pretty dark.
Higurashi- at first it doesn't seem very dark, and the arcs are kind of confusing at times, but this is one of my favorite anime.
These aren't on Crunchyroll or Hulu but they are worth checking out.
21947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Online
Posted 3/13/13 , edited 3/13/13
I'm looking for some high fantasy animes. Something like Lord of the Rings or Skyrim. I would prefer it to be serious, instead of comedic or something like that. Would prefer if on CR or Hulu.
4161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Ireland
Offline
Posted 3/14/13
Request

I'm very new to anime, so I can't really say what I like. I'm hardly even aware of how far anime goes in terms of genres so I'll just list what I've seen and enjoyed and work from that.

-Death Note (great)
-Hunter x Hunter (5 episodes, so far so good)
-Digimon Adventure (good)
-Digimon Adventure 02 (bad)
-Digimon Tamers (great)
-Pokémon (I'm attached to the games and Universe. Please don't recommend 800+ episode filler-based animes with no character development lol)

Videogame-wise I tend to like a lot of swords & sorcery fantasy stuff.
88154 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 3/14/13

SlimeStack wrote:

Request

I'm very new to anime, so I can't really say what I like. I'm hardly even aware of how far anime goes in terms of genres so I'll just list what I've seen and enjoyed and work from that.

-Death Note (great)
-Hunter x Hunter (5 episodes, so far so good)
-Digimon Adventure (good)
-Digimon Adventure 02 (bad)
-Digimon Tamers (great)
-Pokémon (I'm attached to the games and Universe. Please don't recommend 800+ episode filler-based animes with no character development lol)

Videogame-wise I tend to like a lot of swords & sorcery fantasy stuff.


if you like video game based

try

.hack// [series] series as there is lots of series starting with .hack
sword art online
4161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Ireland
Offline
Posted 3/15/13 , edited 3/15/13

AnimeKami wrote:
if you like video game based

try

.hack// [series] series as there is lots of series starting with .hack
sword art online


Thanks for the answer. :)

I'm not really looking for video game-based, I just figured if I mostly play fantasy games I would probably enjoy fantasy-based anime.

.hack// doesn't seem to be on Crunchyroll. As CR is the only one I'm paying for it's the only place I can get pretty and ad-free anime. Is Sword Art Online any good?

If there are any relatively new Simulcasts that you think I'd like I'd love to know about that too. Would be nice to watch TV weekly as intended for once!
88154 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 3/15/13

SlimeStack wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:
if you like video game based

try

.hack// [series] series as there is lots of series starting with .hack
sword art online


Thanks for the answer. :)

I'm not really looking for video game-based, I just figured if I mostly play fantasy games I would probably enjoy fantasy-based anime.

.hack// doesn't seem to be on Crunchyroll. As CR is the only one I'm paying for it's the only place I can get pretty and ad-free anime. Is Sword Art Online any good?

If there are any relatively new Simulcasts that you think I'd like I'd love to know about that too. Would be nice to watch TV weekly as intended for once!


sword art online aka sao is a bi distribution you either hate it or love it

i like it for the mmorpg but i hate it for how it was executed if that answers anything
4161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Ireland
Offline
Posted 3/15/13

AnimeKami wrote:
sword art online aka sao is a bi distribution you either hate it or love it

i like it for the mmorpg but i hate it for how it was executed if that answers anything


That sounds reasonable. So I pretty much just have to try it and see.

Thanks!
24005 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Sheffield, UK
Offline
Posted 3/16/13 , edited 3/16/13

SlimeStack wrote:

Request

I'm very new to anime, so I can't really say what I like. I'm hardly even aware of how far anime goes in terms of genres so I'll just list what I've seen and enjoyed and work from that.

-Death Note (great)
-Hunter x Hunter (5 episodes, so far so good)
-Digimon Adventure (good)
-Digimon Adventure 02 (bad)
-Digimon Tamers (great)
-Pokémon (I'm attached to the games and Universe. Please don't recommend 800+ episode filler-based animes with no character development lol)

Videogame-wise I tend to like a lot of swords & sorcery fantasy stuff.



Since you like Death Note you should definitely try Code Geass since the protagonists are very similar and are both anti heroes.
If you like your action shows then you should try Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Darker than Black, Black Lagoon, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex, Fate/Zero(lots of swords and sorcery in this), Claymore and Hellsing Ultimate.
For shows with a pretty deep and intelligent plot I would advise Baccano, Durarara, Bakemonogatari, Ergo Proxy, Welcome to the NHK, and Steins Gate.(Steins gate is a brilliant time travel thriller.)

Then you have the stuff that everybody has seen like Neon Genesis Evangelion, Clannad, Elfen Lied and FMA Brotherhood and Cowboy Bebop that I mentioned up there.

Out of all of these I would recommend watching Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the shell, Steins Gate and Code Geass first since they are good animes for those fairly unfamiliar with anime and contain few of the tropes that are prevalent in other stuff, e.g: Fan-service and Moe(Moe meaning, well just watch a Moe anime and you will probably figure that one out. )

Out of all of these Fate/Zero and Durarara are both on Crunchyroll and Bakemonogatari is also on there if you live in the USA.

Here is a link to the stuff I have watched, we may have differing opinions but anything marked with a 10 or a 9 is something I think is definitely worth watching.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/hickey92
First  Prev  762  763  764  765  766  767  768  769  770  771  772  773  774  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.