First  Prev  779  780  781  782  783  784  785  786  787  788  789  790  791  Next  Last
Post Reply Recommend me an Anime! **Read First Post!**
79425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 4/26/13

bmoreravens25 wrote:


chrome_mist wrote:


bmoreravens25 wrote:

Looking for a good samurai or fighting anime with a beastly protagonist, I don't really feel like seeing one were the person craps their pants in fear of a superior foe.

Any recommendations are much appreciated




Samurai Champloo.






I own Champloo it's one of my all time favorites! Still thanks for the response


ruroni kenshi

samurai x

afro samurai

sengoku basara
27825 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / 七十七 / ミシガン
Offline
Posted 4/26/13 , edited 4/26/13

bmoreravens25 wrote:

Looking for a good samurai or fighting anime with a beastly protagonist, I don't really feel like seeing one were the person craps their pants in fear of a superior foe.



Samurai 7



27309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/26/13
ve been trying to watch new animes but I never can really start on a new one unless I have been told that its good then it gives me the motivation to watch them. Any ideas on the Spring lineup right now of what I should be watching and what's worth passing up
79425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 4/26/13

Tramdor1 wrote:

ve been trying to watch new animes but I never can really start on a new one unless I have been told that its good then it gives me the motivation to watch them. Any ideas on the Spring lineup right now of what I should be watching and what's worth passing up


watch

attack on titan
gargantia
hataraku maou sama
railgun s2
love comedy
5639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Outer Space
Offline
Posted 4/27/13
anyone know any cyberpunk as well as steampunk animes?

not sure what happened to my other post
21323 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Oregon
Offline
Posted 4/27/13 , edited 4/27/13
Looking for a good Romantic Comedy Yuri anime, anyone? Good animation is preferred.
79425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 4/27/13

GaIaxy wrote:

anyone know any cyberpunk as well as steampunk animes?

not sure what happened to my other post


Baldr Force Exe Resolution



SacredBlood77 wrote:

Looking for a good Romantic Comedy Yuri anime, anyone? Good animation is preferred.


Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun

Maria†Holic

Asu no Yoichi!

Acchi Kocchi
Posted 4/27/13
Thanks for the list but I've seen most of them. I know Air, Clannad and Kanon are "THE" romance anime but I cannot get passed how the female characters eyes are drawn. However, Gift is good so far so that's a good one.

I guess what I'm looking for is just a rarity in anime. I really want to find one where a character very similar to Rinka from Gift is the main female character and love interest. It seems that in most romantic anime with such characters they are mostly in the background. Shiina from Angel Beats! is another example. Imagine Saeko from HSOTD is chosen and confessed to and place that relationship in a much more romance based show.


Anyway, Thanks again.
5639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Outer Space
Offline
Posted 4/27/13

AnimeKami wrote:


GaIaxy wrote:

anyone know any cyberpunk as well as steampunk animes?

not sure what happened to my other post


Baldr Force Exe Resolution





not really my type of anime. looks too girly
79425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 4/27/13
^^lol judging a book by it cover


LoupX wrote:

Thanks for the list but I've seen most of them. I know Air, Clannad and Kanon are "THE" romance anime but I cannot get passed how the female characters eyes are drawn. However, Gift is good so far so that's a good one.

I guess what I'm looking for is just a rarity in anime. I really want to find one where a character very similar to Rinka from Gift is the main female character and love interest. It seems that in most romantic anime with such characters they are mostly in the background. Shiina from Angel Beats! is another example. Imagine Saeko from HSOTD is chosen and confessed to and place that relationship in a much more romance based show.


Anyway, Thanks again.


final approach
5639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Outer Space
Offline
Posted 4/27/13

AnimeKami wrote:

^^lol judging a book by it cover


LoupX wrote:

Thanks for the list but I've seen most of them. I know Air, Clannad and Kanon are "THE" romance anime but I cannot get passed how the female characters eyes are drawn. However, Gift is good so far so that's a good one.

I guess what I'm looking for is just a rarity in anime. I really want to find one where a character very similar to Rinka from Gift is the main female character and love interest. It seems that in most romantic anime with such characters they are mostly in the background. Shiina from Angel Beats! is another example. Imagine Saeko from HSOTD is chosen and confessed to and place that relationship in a much more romance based show.


Anyway, Thanks again.


final approach


not really judging a book by its cover when a book has no pictures except for the cover (unless youre 10) and an anime as well as any movies/shows is all about visuals.

i dont like watching anime where the characters all look like 10 year old girls.
12941 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Currently at CHIM...
Offline
Posted 4/28/13 , edited 4/28/13
Know any magical girl anime that is actually YURI??

Or how bout anime similar to KARAS or Guyver.
20389 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / Bite the pillow.
Offline
Posted 4/28/13 , edited 4/28/13

Animegirlzvstheworld wrote:

Know any magical girl anime that is actually YURI??


Not really, but the two OVA set Puni Puni Poemy is pretty close (though it's just a parody). The closest you'll get to yuri magical girls is probably Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha ... Even if it isn't cannon. [http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=4576] It's a great series... Especially the first season. Outside of Henti you're not likely to find explicit yuri magical girls in the mainstream. They're just kids after all.

IMO, of course.
12941 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Currently at CHIM...
Offline
Posted 4/28/13 , edited 4/28/13

Hairbelly wrote:


Animegirlzvstheworld wrote:

Know any magical girl anime that is actually YURI??


Not really, but the two OVA set Puni Puni Poemy is pretty close (though it's just a parody). The closest you'll get to yuri magical girls is probably Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha ... Even if it isn't cannon. [http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=4576] It's a great series... Especially the first season. Outside of Henti you're not likely to find explicit yuri magical girls in the mainstream. They're just kids after all.

IMO, of course.





Sorry, but I have seen all of Nanoha. I don't buy that subtext BS, sorry. I thought CCS was more obviously yuri than that show, and ever since the third season, I pretty much lost all hope, especially since they became adults.

As for Poemy, while I like comedy anime I'm looking for a SERIOUS show. Shows like Kannazuki no Miko or Aoi Hana are examples.
20389 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / Bite the pillow.
Offline
Posted 4/29/13 , edited 4/29/13

Animegirlzvstheworld wrote:




Sorry, but I have seen all of Nanoha. I don't buy that subtext BS, sorry. I thought CCS was more obviously yuri than that show, and ever since the third season, I pretty much lost all hope, especially since they became adults.

As for Poemy, while I like comedy anime I'm looking for a SERIOUS show. Shows like Kannazuki no Miko or Aoi Hana are examples.


Ah, gotcha. My apologies.

Well, CCS isn't yuri at all. CLAMP has already addressed that issue. Kannazuki no Miko is good (I own the DVDs) however isn't not from the magical girl genre. More Mecha than anything. I can think of plenty of serious yuri...just not magical girl yuri. Hopefully someone can help you out. Cheers.
First  Prev  779  780  781  782  783  784  785  786  787  788  789  790  791  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.