First  Prev  787  788  789  790  791  792  793  794  795  796  797  798  799  Next  Last
Post Reply Recommend me an Anime! **Read First Post!**
20125 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / Bite the pillow.
Offline
Posted 5/12/13 , edited 5/12/13

Gettnlag wrote:

Hey, Im lookin for a rather light hearted show. Something easy to follow with good characters and probably more so in the romance genre. I'd like it to have a bit of conflict, though action isn't required. Also something thats more so on the happy side please. I don't have too many romance shows under my belt but love characters like Shana from Shakugan no Shana or Asa from Shuffle. Any ideas?


- Toradora [http://www.crunchyroll.com/toradora]
I enjoyed this show quite a bit. It gets a little heavy at times, but the characters and story are good. Give the first three or four episodes a spin.


Ryuji Takasu has learned the hard way that appearances can be deceiving. Despite his inwardly sweet personality, his unintentionally sharp gaze and aggressive features give him the air of a delinquent thug, putting his chances at making friends, let alone a girlfriend, next to zero. It’s Ryuji’s first day as a junior in high school and it seems as if things are looking up. He gets to sit in between his only friend, Yusaku, and, more importantly, the girl he’s secretly crushing on, Minori Kushieda.

But just when he thinks the stars are aligned in his favor, he unwittingly crosses the most feared girl in school, Taiga Aisaku, making her onto his arch enemy. To top it off, Taiga has moved in right next door to Ryuji and happens to be Minori’s best friend! Can this school year possibly get any worse?!


- The Pet Girl of Sakurasou [http://www.crunchyroll.com/the-pet-girl-of-sakurasou]

Sorata Kanda, a high school sophomore living in Sakurasou, the den of their academy's problem children, spends his days being dragged around by the strange residents, swearing he's going to escape Sakurasou one day.
6052 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / everywhere and an...
Offline
Posted 5/12/13

AnimeKami wrote:


zenokazi wrote:

Do you know of any chaos inducing animes or with an awesome story that gives "wtf" moments?

I'm just going to list everything i have watched:

I have watched Deathnote Guyver(1992), Guyver (2005), Berserker, Bastard, Record of Lodoss war, Monster, Nana, Hellsing (tv), Hellsing Ultimate, Ronin Warriors, Gundam 00, Gundam Wing, G Gundam, MS Gundam, Gundam Z, Gundam ZZ, Gundam Age, Shaman King, Zatch Bell, Naruto, Dragon Ball/Z/GT, Naruto: Shipuuden, BLEACH, One Piece, Full Metal Alchemist, Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Code Geass, Code Geass R2, Kite, Elfen Lied, Kashi Mashi, Tenjou Tenghe, Round Bout High School, High School of the Dead, Bakuman, All Yugioh! Series except Zexal, God Save the Demon King (I believe that is what its called), All the Digimon and Pokemon series to date....etc.

I know some of the titles i said don't quite fit the criteria but I have seen way too much anime.

Hello my name is Zeno Kazi and I'm an Anime Addict.
AND PROUD OF IT!
I have been watching anime since 1990 ever since I was two the first Anime I ever saw was Gohan's old voice actor in english the first time on tv. I remember my dad watching Heavy Metal on a large record the first anime i ever owned was in 1993 the guyver ova series on VHS tapes then....i grew up on ultra violence and when I see chaos brewing it makes me smile.

Thanks a ton for your recommendations ahead of time I will reply if I have or have not seen it got to check my older journals hmmm......I just hit 25 may 5th and I feel like like an old man telling his tale.

Thanks again,
ZenoKazi

Ps. It's sad day when your old genres from 70s to 90s die. now everything is cutesey near lolicon cutesey, I believe as otakus we have heard of or met someone who says they have a shrine to tomoyo X sakura or Kuroshitsuji's master. LOLz...



Didn't really get what your post quite said but all I read was chaos and wtf moments, lol.

anyways >.>

~~

denpa teki na kanojo

casshern sins

devil may cry

durarararararararararararararararara (durarara!! is the real name)

ergo proxy

h20 foodprints in the sand (trust me there is a wtf moment)

halo legends (although not a cohesive story but still awesome anime)

Heroic AGE

mugen ryvius

Higurashi (series)

hitsuji no uta

any hentai

jormungand

karas (movies)

kara no kyoukai (movies)

broken blade (movies)

kite

kite liberator (maybe not so much)

stopped half way through my list >.> so we'll see if you like those for now

ps the hentai one was a joke






I have heard of denpa never really took interest though it matters what year it came out will probably tell you the reasons why i never had time for it.....seen casshern sins...own devil may cry.....durarara! had a couple of good moments but i gave up on that series same as haruhi...ergo proxy was the best thing i saw that year...never heard of h20.....Higurashi was good even though the only "season" i watched was the spoofed one...seen heroic AGE on TV and internet (for subs)...hitsuji no uta never heard of it or i might have matters what the english translation is i know 'uta" is song right? Seen parts of Jormungand just never really got into it...Own both karas movies...Kara no kyoukai never heard of that one either...seen both kite and kite liberator....and will see broken blade, eventually probably sooner than later since fairy tail ended...
1018 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/12/13
My friend showed me anime, I like it LOL. I watched SwordArtOnline and Fell in love... I know not many animes are like SAO and I was wondering if there are any other "good" animes that you guys would suggest? I watched a few of them this weekend and loved them.... The anime's I like to watch are MajesticPrince, AngelBeats, Gargantia(I think that's spelt right), and valvrave..... Any more suggestions? D:
71842 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 5/12/13

zenokazi wrote:


I have heard of denpa never really took interest though it matters what year it came out will probably tell you the reasons why i never had time for it.....seen casshern sins...own devil may cry.....durarara! had a couple of good moments but i gave up on that series same as haruhi...ergo proxy was the best thing i saw that year...never heard of h20.....Higurashi was good even though the only "season" i watched was the spoofed one...seen heroic AGE on TV and internet (for subs)...hitsuji no uta never heard of it or i might have matters what the english translation is i know 'uta" is song right? Seen parts of Jormungand just never really got into it...Own both karas movies...Kara no kyoukai never heard of that one either...seen both kite and kite liberator....and will see broken blade, eventually probably sooner than later since fairy tail ended...


So... Did you want other recommendations?


minimouse1211 wrote:

My friend showed me anime, I like it LOL. I watched SwordArtOnline and Fell in love... I know not many animes are like SAO and I was wondering if there are any other "good" animes that you guys would suggest? I watched a few of them this weekend and loved them.... The anime's I like to watch are MajesticPrince, AngelBeats, Gargantia(I think that's spelt right), and valvrave..... Any more suggestions? D:


accel word
.hack (series)
Ragnarok (maybe)
gundam 00
gundam seed (destiny)
gundam unicorn
gundam wing (if you like politics)
g gundam
macross (series)
16171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/12/13

zenokazi wrote:

I'll check out umineko....seen evangelion (ALL)... first season of haruhi made me very annoyed....never heard of penguindrum hmmm....just finishd watching senyu is penguindrum like that or what?


So the director/creator of Penguindrum is Kunihiko Ikuhara, who also did Revolutionary Girl Utena and several seasons of Sailor Moon (two through four, I think). Like Revolutionary Girl Utena, Penguindrum is symbolically and thematically rich, and is thus rewarding for anyone willing to explore it.

I've never seen Senyu, but from what I understand about Senyu, they're quite different. More than Revolutionary Girl Utena, Penguindrum is melodramatic, as it is headed by two rather melodramatic male leads. It's not just "cute", but very specifically revels in Ikuhara's trademark femininity. It doesn't have much by way of action, although it is sumptuous visually. Simply put, it's not shonen; it shares more with shojo shows.
16171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/12/13

zenokazi wrote:

I'll check out umineko....seen evangelion (ALL)... first season of haruhi made me very annoyed....never heard of penguindrum hmmm....just finishd watching senyu is penguindrum like that or what?


If you're willing to venture off-site, you may enjoy Baccano!

Like Durarara, it utilizes a variety of characters; unlike Durarara, it's completely unsaddled by high school students. The characters are woven together in several narratives that take places over several periods, and those narratives are themselves jumbled up. It's violent and fun and takes place (mostly) in gangster America with cues from Guy Richie.

I recommend it off of your desire for something "chaos-inducing". Baccano!, more than any other show I've seen, revels in its chaotic presentation and story. It's a good time.
20125 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / Bite the pillow.
Offline
Posted 5/12/13

minimouse1211 wrote:

My friend showed me anime, I like it LOL. I watched SwordArtOnline and Fell in love... I know not many animes are like SAO and I was wondering if there are any other "good" animes that you guys would suggest? I watched a few of them this weekend and loved them.... The anime's I like to watch are MajesticPrince, AngelBeats, Gargantia(I think that's spelt right), and valvrave..... Any more suggestions? D:


I would second AnimeKami 's recommendation of Accel World [http://www.hulu.com/accel-world]. Worth checking out if you enjoyed SAO. I would also check out:

- Blue Exorcist [http://www.crunchyroll.com/blue-exorcist]

Assiah, the realm of humans, and Gehenna, the realm of demons. Normally, these two dimensions would never intersect, but the demons are now intruding on the material world.


- Infinite Stratos [http://www.hulu.com/infinite-stratos]

In the near future, superpowered exoskeletons called Infinite Stratos (IS) can only be piloted by women, which has revolutionized society. Ichika Orimura, younger brother of a famous pilot, is the first male who can pilot an IS, so he is forced to attend an all-girls' school and train under the scrunity of the government and his older sister, a teacher at the academy.
20048 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 5/12/13
I am looking for an anime like Reborn where the main character is kinda wimpy and really pathetic. It must have a good story. I am open to any ideas or suggestions
35201 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Online
Posted 5/12/13

snowhater wrote:

I am looking for an anime like Reborn where the main character is kinda wimpy and really pathetic. It must have a good story. I am open to any ideas or suggestions

I haven't seen Hitman Reborn, but the rest made me think of Guilty Crown immediately. It's worth a look.
20048 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 5/12/13

Insomnist wrote:


snowhater wrote:

I am looking for an anime like Reborn where the main character is kinda wimpy and really pathetic. It must have a good story. I am open to any ideas or suggestions

I haven't seen Hitman Reborn, but the rest made me think of Guilty Crown immediately. It's worth a look.


Sadly I already watched that anime but that anime was amazing though I am still open to suggestions
6052 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / everywhere and an...
Offline
Posted 5/12/13

tryptophan1991 wrote:


zenokazi wrote:

I'll check out umineko....seen evangelion (ALL)... first season of haruhi made me very annoyed....never heard of penguindrum hmmm....just finishd watching senyu is penguindrum like that or what?


If you're willing to venture off-site, you may enjoy Baccano!

Like Durarara, it utilizes a variety of characters; unlike Durarara, it's completely unsaddled by high school students. The characters are woven together in several narratives that take places over several periods, and those narratives are themselves jumbled up. It's violent and fun and takes place (mostly) in gangster America with cues from Guy Richie.

I recommend it off of your desire for something "chaos-inducing". Baccano!, more than any other show I've seen, revels in its chaotic presentation and story. It's a good time.


Baccano was a fun series I may take another crack at it. I watched the first few episodes but then one piece and naruto picked up...lolz...
Penguindrum is it Yaoi or Shonen-ai? Mirage of Blaze was the first trap I walked into just making sure i'm not walking in to another. I saw Revolutionary girl Utena and enjoyed it mostly but that could be classified as Shojo-Ai/ gender bender right? I don't mind it as long as the story's "boy-love" 's not like " in your FACE" type of thing and shojo-ai just tries my patience with the relationships thing. I still have nightmares about Gravitation........ugh......see if its shonen-ai like God save the Demon king?! then i wont have a problem; where the story isn't about being gay, the characters just are....lolz for instance i just watched shin sekai no yori that is probably the best example i could think of.

I'm sorry if this offends anyone.
6052 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / everywhere and an...
Offline
Posted 5/12/13
Thanks for the recommendations more would welcomed.

.hack/accel world/SAO were all wonderful in their full extent.
16171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/12/13

zenokazi wrote:


tryptophan1991 wrote:


zenokazi wrote:

I'll check out umineko....seen evangelion (ALL)... first season of haruhi made me very annoyed....never heard of penguindrum hmmm....just finishd watching senyu is penguindrum like that or what?


If you're willing to venture off-site, you may enjoy Baccano!

Like Durarara, it utilizes a variety of characters; unlike Durarara, it's completely unsaddled by high school students. The characters are woven together in several narratives that take places over several periods, and those narratives are themselves jumbled up. It's violent and fun and takes place (mostly) in gangster America with cues from Guy Richie.

I recommend it off of your desire for something "chaos-inducing". Baccano!, more than any other show I've seen, revels in its chaotic presentation and story. It's a good time.


Baccano was a fun series I may take another crack at it. I watched the first few episodes but then one piece and naruto picked up...lolz...
Penguindrum is it Yaoi or Shonen-ai? Mirage of Blaze was the first trap I walked into just making sure i'm not walking in to another. I saw Revolutionary girl Utena and enjoyed it mostly but that could be classified as Shojo-Ai/ gender bender right? I don't mind it as long as the story's "boy-love" 's not like " in your FACE" type of thing and shojo-ai just tries my patience with the relationships thing. I still have nightmares about Gravitation........ugh......see if its shonen-ai like God save the Demon king?! then i wont have a problem; where the story isn't about being gay, the characters just are....lolz for instance i just watched shin sekai no yori that is probably the best example i could think of.

I'm sorry if this offends anyone.


It's kind of hard to categorize Penguindrum, but it certainly isn't Yaoi. I mean, there's two brothers who love each other, but they don't "love each other". There are Yuri elements later on, but those elements are part of a broader thematic discussion of love. I think - I only watched it once and it's pretty layered. Or weird. Depends on one's taste I guess. If you liked Revolutionary Girl Utena then it's probably worth giving the first few episodes a shot.
6052 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / everywhere and an...
Offline
Posted 5/12/13

snowhater wrote:


Insomnist wrote:


snowhater wrote:

I am looking for an anime like Reborn where the main character is kinda wimpy and really pathetic. It must have a good story. I am open to any ideas or suggestions

I haven't seen Hitman Reborn, but the rest made me think of Guilty Crown immediately. It's worth a look.


Sadly I already watched that anime but that anime was amazing though I am still open to suggestions


Kenichi the mightiest disciple because he starts off as a pathetic wussy man and a little wimpy.
6052 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / everywhere and an...
Offline
Posted 5/12/13

tryptophan1991 wrote:


zenokazi wrote:


tryptophan1991 wrote:


zenokazi wrote:

I'll check out umineko....seen evangelion (ALL)... first season of haruhi made me very annoyed....never heard of penguindrum hmmm....just finishd watching senyu is penguindrum like that or what?


If you're willing to venture off-site, you may enjoy Baccano!

Like Durarara, it utilizes a variety of characters; unlike Durarara, it's completely unsaddled by high school students. The characters are woven together in several narratives that take places over several periods, and those narratives are themselves jumbled up. It's violent and fun and takes place (mostly) in gangster America with cues from Guy Richie.

I recommend it off of your desire for something "chaos-inducing". Baccano!, more than any other show I've seen, revels in its chaotic presentation and story. It's a good time.


Baccano was a fun series I may take another crack at it. I watched the first few episodes but then one piece and naruto picked up...lolz...
Penguindrum is it Yaoi or Shonen-ai? Mirage of Blaze was the first trap I walked into just making sure i'm not walking in to another. I saw Revolutionary girl Utena and enjoyed it mostly but that could be classified as Shojo-Ai/ gender bender right? I don't mind it as long as the story's "boy-love" 's not like " in your FACE" type of thing and shojo-ai just tries my patience with the relationships thing. I still have nightmares about Gravitation........ugh......see if its shonen-ai like God save the Demon king?! then i wont have a problem; where the story isn't about being gay, the characters just are....lolz for instance i just watched shin sekai no yori that is probably the best example i could think of.

I'm sorry if this offends anyone.


It's kind of hard to categorize Penguindrum, but it certainly isn't Yaoi. I mean, there's two brothers who love each other, but they don't "love each other". There are Yuri elements later on, but those elements are part of a broader thematic discussion of love. I think - I only watched it once and it's pretty layered. Or weird. Depends on one's taste I guess. If you liked Revolutionary Girl Utena then it's probably worth giving the first few episodes a shot.


That's cool I'll give it a shot but if its a trap i'll haunt your dreams...

jkjk lolz
First  Prev  787  788  789  790  791  792  793  794  795  796  797  798  799  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.