First  Prev  810  811  812  813  814  815  816  817  818  819  820  821  822  Next  Last
Post Reply Recommend me an Anime! **Read First Post!**
9039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/18/13
Hey there people, i'm looking for some good Seinen shows. i'm sorta all over the board with my tastes so just recommend away. i have really enjoyed things like toradora!, space brothers, astarottes toy, cowboy bebop, eden of the east, elfen lied, black lagoon, just to name a couple. i know of mushishi, just havent gotten around to watching it yet.

so basically as long as its good i'll give it a shot. i've seen a lot of stuff but i know theres lots i;m missing out on, a little help would be greatly appreciated
15769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Arkansas
Offline
Posted 6/18/13

wtw10290 wrote:

Hey there people, i'm looking for some good Seinen shows. i'm sorta all over the board with my tastes so just recommend away. i have really enjoyed things like toradora!, space brothers, astarottes toy, cowboy bebop, eden of the east, elfen lied, black lagoon, just to name a couple. i know of mushishi, just havent gotten around to watching it yet.

so basically as long as its good i'll give it a shot. i've seen a lot of stuff but i know theres lots i;m missing out on, a little help would be greatly appreciated


Watch and read Berserk. It's the must see and greatest Seinen there is. Can be really bloody and messed up but it's so damn good.
47733 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 6/19/13 , edited 6/19/13

thedesertkid wrote:

So I've fallen in love with the harem/fan service elements of Sekirei.

I've looked around to find recommendations of shows in a similar vein. Unfortunately however, all the recommendations I've come across aren't available on crunchyroll.

So my question is twofold:

1) What shows does crunchyroll offer that are similar to Sekirei?

2) What other LEGITIMATE streaming services offer shows like Freezing, High School DxD, etc. that aren't censored to heck and back?

[edit] Oh yeah, or anything similar to Super Milk Chan.


Campione
It's good

I would recommend Dragon Crisis too...but apparently I'm only one of the few fans lol

And most shows are censored on legitimate sites, you only get the uncensored versions on blu rays and stuff you'll have to buy
38464 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Online
Posted 6/19/13 , edited 6/19/13

mmadbzfan wrote:


wtw10290 wrote:

Hey there people, i'm looking for some good Seinen shows. i'm sorta all over the board with my tastes so just recommend away. i have really enjoyed things like toradora!, space brothers, astarottes toy, cowboy bebop, eden of the east, elfen lied, black lagoon, just to name a couple. i know of mushishi, just havent gotten around to watching it yet.

so basically as long as its good i'll give it a shot. i've seen a lot of stuff but i know theres lots i;m missing out on, a little help would be greatly appreciated

Watch and read Berserk. It's the must see and greatest Seinen there is. Can be really bloody and messed up but it's so damn good.

Monster would be another good one to check out. It's a very down-to-earth serial killer drama.

7005 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/19/13
Hey guys, looking for something with badass fighting scenes or badss fighting in general, i don't care if it's with martial arts/weapons/super natural etc. I'm a big fan of Hajime no Ippo and the obvious bleach/naruto/fairy tail/one piece.

thank you before hand
15769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Arkansas
Offline
Posted 6/19/13
I'm wanting to watch a cerebral yet kind of bloody anime.

I've been watching alot of shonen lately, I love shonen but I just need a break.
38464 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Online
Posted 6/19/13 , edited 6/19/13

mmadbzfan wrote:

I'm wanting to watch a cerebral yet kind of bloody anime.

I've been watching alot of shonen lately, I love shonen but I just need a break.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex if you haven't seen it yet.
Texhnolyze if you want something especially deep and blood-drenched.
Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade if you want a drama (movie).
Death Note if you want a smart, intellectual thriller.
And Mardock Scramble if you don't mind its perversity.
There's also always the original Neon Genesis Evangelion.
Or the older, sci-fi dystopian Parasite Dolls OVAs.
And more recently Psycho-Pass wasn't bad.

Edit:

Oh, and definitely the Kara no Kyoukai / Garden of Sinners movie series. HUGELY recommend those.

33862 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 6/19/13
Ok so I feel like crying again lol so are there any more sad animes? I have seen angel beats and clannad & after story, right now I'm watching air and anohana.
28531 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
58 / M / Quirm
Offline
Posted 6/19/13

shymexican10 wrote: Ok so I feel like crying again lol so are there any more sad animes? I have seen angel beats and clannad & after story, right now I'm watching air and anohana.
Grave of the fireflies (movie)
22678 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 6/19/13

shymexican10 wrote:

Ok so I feel like crying again lol so are there any more sad animes? I have seen angel beats and clannad & after story, right now I'm watching air and anohana.


Dusk Maiden of Amnesia. That's a very good show right there.
38464 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Online
Posted 6/19/13

shymexican10 wrote:

Ok so I feel like crying again lol so are there any more sad animes? I have seen angel beats and clannad & after story, right now I'm watching air and anohana.

It's a bit lengthy, but you could also browse this thread for some good ideas.
12278 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/20/13
Finished Zetsuen No Tempest a couple of months ago and have been looking for something similar. I liked the feel darkness in the animation(particularly in the first 12 episodes), as well as the mystery(it kept me guessing til the very end), of course the romance, although it was subtle as the main character's love interest was already dead. I like stuff with flashbacks, I think it's cool and Tempest definitely got it right in that respect. Also -sorry if I'm being too specific- the action... I am not an action junkie, I like dialog but I like a fight here and there for good measure, magic is always a plus and the quality of the animation is very key. Last but certainly not least, the soundtrack!! Tempest closing soundtrack was amazing.

I've asked for suggestion on what to watch next(similar/along the lines of what Blast of Tempest offered) and the recommendations weren't the best. I ended up watching DuraraRa, which wasn't bad but it's wasn't great either(a bunch of holes in the story and many things weren't answered), then some jokester told me I should watch Pet Girl of Sakura-something. If you know what it is, there's no need for me to say anything, if you don't, well... It's not what I was looking for. Now I have started watching Future Diary(Miraii Nikki) which is ok but nothing spectacular and I'm already 10 episodes deep. Guilty Crown has also been suggested but I don't know if I should watch that. Another anime that I recently finished and did quite enjoy was "K" . I loved the animation and the soundtrack was pretty awesome as well. I didn't care for the sort of gay innuendos but it is what it is.

SOrry about the length of this post, I just wanted to give a thorough description of what I want and THANKS for your help
72 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 6/20/13

lgfaver wrote:

Finished Zetsuen No Tempest a couple of months ago and have been looking for something similar. I liked the feel darkness in the animation(particularly in the first 12 episodes), as well as the mystery(it kept me guessing til the very end), of course the romance, although it was subtle as the main character's love interest was already dead. I like stuff with flashbacks, I think it's cool and Tempest definitely got it right in that respect. Also -sorry if I'm being too specific- the action... I am not an action junkie, I like dialog but I like a fight here and there for good measure, magic is always a plus and the quality of the animation is very key. Last but certainly not least, the soundtrack!! Tempest closing soundtrack was amazing.

I've asked for suggestion on what to watch next(similar/along the lines of what Blast of Tempest offered) and the recommendations weren't the best. I ended up watching DuraraRa, which wasn't bad but it's wasn't great either(a bunch of holes in the story and many things weren't answered), then some jokester told me I should watch Pet Girl of Sakura-something. If you know what it is, there's no need for me to say anything, if you don't, well... It's not what I was looking for. Now I have started watching Future Diary(Miraii Nikki) which is ok but nothing spectacular and I'm already 10 episodes deep. Guilty Crown has also been suggested but I don't know if I should watch that. Another anime that I recently finished and did quite enjoy was "K" . I loved the animation and the soundtrack was pretty awesome as well. I didn't care for the sort of gay innuendos but it is what it is.

SOrry about the length of this post, I just wanted to give a thorough description of what I want and THANKS for your help :)


Steins;Gate
12278 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/20/13
thanks for the quick response. yea a friend of mine who's really into anime suggested that one. Guess I'll give it a try. I should've watched that instead of Durarara but anyways...
22678 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 6/20/13

lgfaver wrote:

Finished Zetsuen No Tempest a couple of months ago and have been looking for something similar. I liked the feel darkness in the animation(particularly in the first 12 episodes), as well as the mystery(it kept me guessing til the very end), of course the romance, although it was subtle as the main character's love interest was already dead. I like stuff with flashbacks, I think it's cool and Tempest definitely got it right in that respect. Also -sorry if I'm being too specific- the action... I am not an action junkie, I like dialog but I like a fight here and there for good measure, magic is always a plus and the quality of the animation is very key. Last but certainly not least, the soundtrack!! Tempest closing soundtrack was amazing.

I've asked for suggestion on what to watch next(similar/along the lines of what Blast of Tempest offered) and the recommendations weren't the best. I ended up watching DuraraRa, which wasn't bad but it's wasn't great either(a bunch of holes in the story and many things weren't answered), then some jokester told me I should watch Pet Girl of Sakura-something. If you know what it is, there's no need for me to say anything, if you don't, well... It's not what I was looking for. Now I have started watching Future Diary(Miraii Nikki) which is ok but nothing spectacular and I'm already 10 episodes deep. Guilty Crown has also been suggested but I don't know if I should watch that. Another anime that I recently finished and did quite enjoy was "K" . I loved the animation and the soundtrack was pretty awesome as well. I didn't care for the sort of gay innuendos but it is what it is.

SOrry about the length of this post, I just wanted to give a thorough description of what I want and THANKS for your help :)


Getting carried away again in 3... 2... 1...

So it seems like you enjoy:
Good Script
Adventure
Psychological - Perhaps
Action - Perhaps
Dark Animation
Magic/Fantasy
Mystery
Romance

K has 7 and Blast of Tempest has all 8 of these, so let's try a few others.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - 5 (no action, adventure or dark animation)
You've probably seen this one, but if you haven't, you need to. It starts out as a very strange little slice-of-life where things feel a bit off, but then it becomes much more than just that. Hard to explain without spoilers. It has a really weird and random first episode, which is a crappy student film that the characters make for the school festival. You'll need to bull through that one, despite it not making any sense, because it becomes more important as time goes by. Episode 2 is where the show "really" starts, and is easy watching from that point on.

Bakemonogatari - 7 (or 6 or 5 depending) (not an adventure. Action doesn't seem actiony and animation isn't very gritty)
A guy who was recently cured of vampirism catches a girl that falls into his arms only to find out that she weighs next to nothing. This starts a pattern of him finding girls with supernatural problems and going great lengths to help them. This one is difficult for me to recommend, because it took me 6 or 7 episodes to fully understand what kind of show this was. It's a comedy, but then it's a psychological show, but then it's ecchi, but then it's a mystery, and now it's a comedy again, okay... Once I figured out what the show really was, I loved every second of it from that point on. Plus, you get: a sequel, a prequel, a "second season" coming soon, and the infamous toothbrush scene. It's a very unique viewing experience that I think needs to be seen.

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia - 6 (no action or adventure)
A middle-school guy that goes to a creepy school meets a ghost girl, and the show sort of traces their relationship development. There's aspects of horror along the way in an episodic format. The show goes from a slice-of-life / ecchi to a really heartwarming romance. The mystery and fantasy elements are interesting, too.

Neon Genesis Evangelion - 7 (arguably) (again, not really an adventure, and none too romantic honestly)
In a semi-post-apocalyptic world, mankind is starting to be attacked by powerful and mysterious creatures called Angels. The main character, Shinji, is called upon by his distant father to pilot the Evangelion (the only weapon capable of properly taking on an Angel) and to become mankind's savior. Shinji reluctantly accepts, but is uncomfortable in his position as mankind's last hope. The show traces his struggle to find true meaning or purpose in his life that he feels he has no control over. One of my favorite shows ever. Essentially a must-see. You've probably seen it already, though lol.

Shin Sekai Yori - 8 (seems like a winner, lol)
A group of 5 psychic children in the year 3000 enter adolescence and their esper powers start to manifest, and eventually they start to learn the dark secrets of the society that they were raised in. I started watching this one at the same time that I started Blast of Tempest. I finished Tempest earlier, but I liked Shin Sekai Yori more, once they were both finished. It's also the only one out of those I'm recommending that's a straight-up adventure like Tempest was. One thing that Tempest did better was character personality, depth, maturity, etc. but SSY did it's atmosphere, plot, and music better in my opinion. That might not be your opinion but it wouldn't hurt to try. Plus, it's probably the closest to what you're actually looking for.

Fate/Zero - 7 (maybe?) (adventure is arguable, and none too romantic)
Kiritsugu Emiya is chosen by the Holy Grail to participate in the war for the Holy Grail. If you claim the Grail in the end, then you get one free wish to fulfill whatever you desire. But what does a ruthlessly pragmatic and disillusioned killer like Kiritsugu truly desire for himself? This show is amazing, it's on Crunchyroll, and you should watch it lol

Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 7 (no romance)
Hard to explain this one without spoilers, but let's just say this turns the traditional magical girl story on it's head. I heard lots of stuff beforehand saying that this was the best show ever made and whatnot. I didn't think it was that amazing, but it was pretty great.

I also second the recommendation of Steins;Gate.

Be sure not to think too highly of any of these shows before starting them, because then the hype might just lead to disappointment. Also, I'm sorry for recommending so much. I can't help it lol. Please don't feel obligated to watch everything I suggest, only what sounds interesting.
First  Prev  810  811  812  813  814  815  816  817  818  819  820  821  822  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.