First  Prev  817  818  819  820  821  822  823  824  825  826  827  828  829  Next  Last
Post Reply Recommend me an Anime! **Read First Post!**
12093 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/2/13

zipzo wrote:

Do I have to put myself through Chaos; Head before watching steins gate? As I read they are canon with one another?


You can watch Steins;Gate without watching Chaos;Head, there isn't much (if any) connection between the two.
13460 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Under fire
Offline
Posted 7/2/13

ccarmichael wrote:


zipzo wrote:

Do I have to put myself through Chaos; Head before watching steins gate? As I read they are canon with one another?


You can watch Steins;Gate without watching Chaos;Head, there isn't much (if any) connection between the two.


Would it be a spoiler to mention what that connection is? If it's a huge spoiler and you box it, I'll open it because time is money, heheh, but I also don't like watching things out of order.
12093 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/2/13

zipzo wrote:


ccarmichael wrote:


zipzo wrote:

Do I have to put myself through Chaos; Head before watching steins gate? As I read they are canon with one another?


You can watch Steins;Gate without watching Chaos;Head, there isn't much (if any) connection between the two.


Would it be a spoiler to mention what that connection is? If it's a huge spoiler and you box it, I'll open it because time is money, heheh, but I also don't like watching things out of order.


Story wise there isn't any, but they take place in the same universe.

Besides one Phantasm (a band in Chaos;Head) reference, I didn't notice anything else, though there might be more.
13767 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Arkansas
Offline
Posted 7/2/13
I only have two episodes left in Mirai nikki.

What should i watch next
25983 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
57 / M / Quirm
Offline
Posted 7/2/13

mmadbzfan wrote: I only have two episodes left in Mirai nikki.
What should i watch next
Watch any of these yet?

Black Lagoon
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
The Count of Monte Cristo: Gankutsuou
Persona 4
55086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 7/2/13

Anime with talented main character, preferably male?
(Be it sports, magic powers, mental ability)
Again, don't suggest the obvious ones.


25983 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
57 / M / Quirm
Offline
Posted 7/2/13

chrome_mist wrote: Anime with talented main character, preferably male?
(Be it sports, magic powers, mental ability)
Again, don't suggest the obvious ones.
Psychic Detective Yakumo? (Shinrei Tantei Yakumo) TAN license, though. First episode available free.
35277 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/2/13 , edited 7/2/13

chrome_mist wrote:


Anime with talented main character, preferably male?
(Be it sports, magic powers, mental ability)
Again, don't suggest the obvious ones.

Afro Samurai.

Alright, serious face.

I'll start with the one that's potentially obvious: Monster. The protagonist is a genius brain surgeon but who must wrestle with the fact that with great power comes great responsibility and what on earth does that even mean in this context.

Also Legend of the Galactic Heroes comes to mind; it's old but the animation holds up. Everyone in the cast is a genius to some degree, either politically or militarily. And almost all the guys have that Griffith-like attraction thing going.

Dr. Easter and Oeufcoque from Mardock Scramble are worth mentioning; the protagonist is Rune Balot but together they make up a team. Significant amounts of objectionable content though, and a main theme is sexual violence.

The nameless protagonist from the movie Sword of the Stranger for his martial skill. It's an interesting story about a man seeking absolution after becoming horrified by the excesses of war. The antagonist is a great character as well.

Pretty sure you've seen Kara no Kyoukai I think.

Last one might also be obvious, but Bakuman. It's a story from the guys who did Death Note about two high schoolers who want to become mangakas and have the talent for it, but that just gets them in the door so to speak.
55086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 7/2/13

asharka wrote:

Psychic Detective Yakumo? (Shinrei Tantei Yakumo) TAN license, though. First episode available free.


Haven't seen, and I refuse to see. LOL.
The first arc was dreadful.





Insomnist wrote:

Afro Samurai.

Alright, serious face.

I'll start with the one that's potentially obvious: Monster. The protagonist is a genius brain surgeon but who must wrestle with the fact that with great power comes great responsibility and what on earth does that even mean in this context.

Also Legend of the Galactic Heroes comes to mind; it's old but the animation holds up. Everyone in the cast is a genius to some degree, either politically or militarily. And almost all the guys have that Griffith-like attraction thing going.

Dr. Easter and Oeufcoque from Mardock Scramble are worth mentioning; the protagonist is Rune Balot but together they make up a team. Significant amounts of objectionable content though, and a main theme is sexual violence.

The nameless protagonist from the movie Sword of the Stranger for his martial skill. It's an interesting story about a man seeking absolution after becoming horrified by the excesses of war. The antagonist is a great character as well.

Pretty sure you've seen Kara no Kyoukai I think.

Last one might also be obvious, but Bakuman. It's a story from the guys who did Death Note about two high schoolers who want to become mangakas and have the talent for it, but that just gets them in the door so to speak.



Seen Monster. (My Top 4 if you haven't checked my page.)
Haven't seen LOTGH, but I definitely will one day.
Mardock Scramble looks nice. Thanks!
Sword of the Stranger looks epic.
Bakuman I have seen as well. Also one of my favorites.


35277 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/2/13

chrome_mist wrote:


Seen Monster. (My Top 4 if you haven't checked my page.)
Haven't seen LOTGH, but I definitely will one day.
Mardock Scramble looks nice. Thanks!
Sword of the Stranger looks epic.
Bakuman I have seen as well. Also one of my favorites.

At least I was on the right track I guess.
10315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Small town, Japan
Offline
Posted 7/3/13
If someone is willing to look at my list of anime and recommend anything worth watching that I haven't already seen that would be awesome.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Crowman
44252 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Online
Posted 7/3/13

Crowmando wrote:

If someone is willing to look at my list of anime and recommend anything worth watching that I haven't already seen that would be awesome.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Crowman


Try "K"
The animation is pretty much top notch and the story is good (not amazing or anything but it was entertaining imo)
its pretty much action/supernatural

I also always recommend "Kamisama Dolls"
I just want more people to watch this, I personally liked it but so far, it has been pretty divisive among those who watched it (its either like it or hate it)

I also thought "Kids on the Slope" was pretty good for a slice of life anime set in the 1960s

Also try "Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san"
I thought it was pretty funny but then again, not many people have the same sense of humor and would say 'I didn't laugh at all, this wasn't funny, no fun allowed'
13767 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Arkansas
Offline
Posted 7/3/13

asharka wrote:


mmadbzfan wrote: I only have two episodes left in Mirai nikki.
What should i watch next
Watch any of these yet?

Black Lagoon
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
The Count of Monte Cristo: Gankutsuou
Persona 4


No. But I've played persona 4.
877 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Planet Earth
Offline
Posted 7/3/13 , edited 7/3/13
Please give me recommendations!!!

There are two different kinds of anime that I'm looking for

Shounen, action, comedy (sometimes light comedy, sometimes dark suspense)
ex.
D. Gray-Man
Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
Hunter X Hunter
Fullmetal Alchemist
Magi
Blue Exorcist
Prince of Tennis
Eyeshield 21
Kyou Kara Maou

Shounen, action, extremely violent
ex.
Attack on Titan
Code Geass
Deadman Wonderland

already watched/tried (+ good, - not good, ~ okay)
Bleach ~
One Piece -
Fairy Tail ~
Kuroshitsuji +
Sword Art Online +
07 Ghost +
Pandora Hearts +
Hakkenden +
Guilty Crown ~

I seem to have a really hard time finding similar anime. Please help T_T

10315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Small town, Japan
Offline
Posted 7/3/13
Thanks for the suggestions, I read the synopsis on each of them and they each sound good, I will make sure to look them up
First  Prev  817  818  819  820  821  822  823  824  825  826  827  828  829  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.