First  Prev  818  819  820  821  822  823  824  825  826  827  828  829  830  Next  Last
Post Reply Recommend me an Anime! **Read First Post!**
12337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Small town, Japan
Offline
Posted 7/3/13

mmadbzfan wrote:


asharka wrote:


mmadbzfan wrote: I only have two episodes left in Mirai nikki.
What should i watch next
Watch any of these yet?

Black Lagoon
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
The Count of Monte Cristo: Gankutsuou
Persona 4


No. But I've played persona 4.


The Persona 4 anime has nothing different from the game if you played through to the true ending, but if you haven't there are some spoilers
12337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Small town, Japan
Offline
Posted 7/3/13

serenity3721 wrote:

Please give me recommendations!!!

There are two different kinds of anime that I'm looking for

Shounen, action, comedy (sometimes light comedy, sometimes dark suspense)
ex.
D. Gray-Man
Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
Hunter X Hunter
Fullmetal Alchemist
Magi
Blue Exorcist
Prince of Tennis
Eyeshield 21
Kyou Kara Maou

Shounen, action, extremely violent
ex.
Attack on Titan
Code Geass
Deadman Wonderland

already watched/tried (+ good, - not good, ~ okay)
Bleach ~
One Piece -
Fairy Tail ~
Kuroshitsuji +
Sword Art Online +
07 Ghost +
Pandora Hearts +
Hakkenden +
Guilty Crown ~

I seem to have a really hard time finding similar anime. Please help T_T



If you are looking for violent animes you can try out Elfen Lied if you haven't already and Hellsing, both have plenty of blood and gore.
15769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Arkansas
Online
Posted 7/4/13

Crowmando wrote:


serenity3721 wrote:

Please give me recommendations!!!

There are two different kinds of anime that I'm looking for

Shounen, action, comedy (sometimes light comedy, sometimes dark suspense)
ex.
D. Gray-Man
Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
Hunter X Hunter
Fullmetal Alchemist
Magi
Blue Exorcist
Prince of Tennis
Eyeshield 21
Kyou Kara Maou

Shounen, action, extremely violent
ex.
Attack on Titan
Code Geass
Deadman Wonderland

already watched/tried (+ good, - not good, ~ okay)
Bleach ~
One Piece -
Fairy Tail ~
Kuroshitsuji +
Sword Art Online +
07 Ghost +
Pandora Hearts +
Hakkenden +
Guilty Crown ~

I seem to have a really hard time finding similar anime. Please help T_T



If you are looking for violent animes you can try out Elfen Lied if you haven't already and Hellsing, both have plenty of blood and gore.


Also check out Mirai nikki aka future diary. I really enjoyed it.
48165 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Online
Posted 7/4/13

serenity3721 wrote:

Please give me recommendations!!!

There are two different kinds of anime that I'm looking for

Shounen, action, comedy (sometimes light comedy, sometimes dark suspense)
ex.
D. Gray-Man
Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
Hunter X Hunter
Fullmetal Alchemist
Magi
Blue Exorcist
Prince of Tennis
Eyeshield 21
Kyou Kara Maou

Shounen, action, extremely violent
ex.
Attack on Titan
Code Geass
Deadman Wonderland

already watched/tried (+ good, - not good, ~ okay)
Bleach ~
One Piece -
Fairy Tail ~
Kuroshitsuji +
Sword Art Online +
07 Ghost +
Pandora Hearts +
Hakkenden +
Guilty Crown ~

I seem to have a really hard time finding similar anime. Please help T_T



go watch "K"
13 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/4/13 , edited 7/4/13
I'm looking for recommendations!

I like comedies, or shows that have strong comedy elements in addition to their main subject matter.

A few shows like that that I loved are Ouran High School Host Club, Mawaru Penguindrum, and Wagnaria.

Elements of romance are fine, as long as the show gives me enough comedy and time to actually like the characters before the romance is laid down too heavily. I'm also not interested in harem.

I also like more serious shows, such as Baccano, Durarara, and Stein;s Gate. I'm not a hundred percent sure whether Stein;s Gate actually counts as a serious show, since I found Okabe to be hilarious, but I don't feel like it fit in with shows like Ouran.

I realize I'm kind of vague and all over the map here, but that's because I don't really know what I'm looking for. I just really get into some shows, and not others, and I'm not always sure why. I'm hoping someone can help me find something interesting, though.

Thanks in advance for any and all recommendations!

Oh, and one thing I forgot to mention. Whatever you recommend, I'd appreciate a little description beforehand. I find it hard to get into series sometimes, and it's much easier when I've already read a positive review with a little information about the show.
48165 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Online
Posted 7/4/13

cbel936 wrote:

I'm looking for recommendations!

I like comedies, or shows that have strong comedy elements in addition to their main subject matter.

A few shows like that that I loved are Ouran High School Host Club, Mawaru Penguindrum, and Wagnaria.

Elements of romance are fine, as long as the show gives me enough comedy and time to actually like the characters before the romance is laid down too heavily. I'm also not interested in harem.

I also like more serious shows, such as Baccano, Durarara, and Stein;s Gate. I'm not a hundred percent sure whether Stein;s Gate actually counts as a serious show, since I found Okabe to be hilarious, but I don't feel like it fit in with shows like Ouran.

I realize I'm kind of vague and all over the map here, but that's because I don't really know what I'm looking for. I just really get into some shows, and not others, and I'm not always sure why. I'm hoping someone can help me find something interesting, though.

Thanks in advance for any and all recommendations!

Oh, and one thing I forgot to mention. Whatever you recommend, I'd appreciate a little description beforehand. I find it hard to get into series sometimes, and it's much easier when I've already read a positive review with a little information about the show.


If you haven't watched it yet, I say watch "Hataraku Maou-sama!"

Good comedy and some romance here and there. The characters are likable and the jokes don't feel forced. Plot is pretty good, basically throw a demon king who is bent on world domination into modern day Japan and make him try to survive by taking up a job at a fast food service store, also toss in the hero who is trying to defeat him once and for all.

it has its serious moments but it never stays that way for long

13 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/4/13

Rito2Ru wrote:

If you haven't watched it yet, I say watch "Hataraku Maou-sama!"

Good comedy and some romance here and there. The characters are likable and the jokes don't feel forced. Plot is pretty good, basically throw a demon king who is bent on world domination into modern day Japan and make him try to survive by taking up a job at a fast food service store, also toss in the hero who is trying to defeat him once and for all.

it has its serious moments but it never stays that way for long


I actually watched the first few episodes of that a few months ago when it was first coming out, and I enjoyed it. I kind of forgot about it though; I'm bad at keeping up with shows that are being simulcast an episode a week. I'll watch the rest of it now that it's out, thanks.

Any other recommendations?
24122 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/4/13
currently enjoying the anime My little monster, but was wondering if anyone can recommend any cooking or baking anime. I really liked Yumeiro Pâtissière and Yakitate but besides that i havent found anything else.
24122 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/4/13

Rito2Ru wrote:


serenity3721 wrote:

Please give me recommendations!!!

There are two different kinds of anime that I'm looking for

Shounen, action, comedy (sometimes light comedy, sometimes dark suspense)
ex.
D. Gray-Man
Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
Hunter X Hunter
Fullmetal Alchemist
Magi
Blue Exorcist
Prince of Tennis
Eyeshield 21
Kyou Kara Maou

Shounen, action, extremely violent
ex.
Attack on Titan
Code Geass
Deadman Wonderland

already watched/tried (+ good, - not good, ~ okay)
Bleach ~
One Piece -
Fairy Tail ~
Kuroshitsuji +
Sword Art Online +
07 Ghost +
Pandora Hearts +
Hakkenden +
Guilty Crown ~

I seem to have a really hard time finding similar anime. Please help T_T



go watch "K"


Area no Kishi, Black Butler, Trinity Blood, Black Blood Brothers, Cowboy Bebop, Broken Blade, Tokyo Majin Gakuen , Samurai Champloo, Blassreiter...thats all the ones ive seen and enjoyed that comes to mind at the moment. I know theres plenty more but cant think of any on the top of my head lol
24122 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/4/13

cbel936 wrote:

I'm looking for recommendations!

I like comedies, or shows that have strong comedy elements in addition to their main subject matter.

A few shows like that that I loved are Ouran High School Host Club, Mawaru Penguindrum, and Wagnaria.

Elements of romance are fine, as long as the show gives me enough comedy and time to actually like the characters before the romance is laid down too heavily. I'm also not interested in harem.

I also like more serious shows, such as Baccano, Durarara, and Stein;s Gate. I'm not a hundred percent sure whether Stein;s Gate actually counts as a serious show, since I found Okabe to be hilarious, but I don't feel like it fit in with shows like Ouran.

I realize I'm kind of vague and all over the map here, but that's because I don't really know what I'm looking for. I just really get into some shows, and not others, and I'm not always sure why. I'm hoping someone can help me find something interesting, though.

Thanks in advance for any and all recommendations!

Oh, and one thing I forgot to mention. Whatever you recommend, I'd appreciate a little description beforehand. I find it hard to get into series sometimes, and it's much easier when I've already read a positive review with a little information about the show.


School Rumble
Full metal Panic
Toradora!
History’s Strongest Disciple, Kenichi

the first two and the last one ive watched long time ago and they are pretty good, it has romance but theres enough comedy in it as well. Toradora! is good according to reviews so u can check that out, havent gotten a chance to watch it yet. Sorry i didnt really give much of a description.
18171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/5/13

jeijulyn wrote:

currently enjoying the anime My little monster, but was wondering if anyone can recommend any cooking or baking anime. I really liked Yumeiro Pâtissière and Yakitate but besides that i havent found anything else.


If you're ever interested in diversifying from food to drink, there's a slice-of-life(ish) called Bartender. It's about the troubles of the patrons of this little bar; the bartender, after listening to their stories, makes the perfect drink for their temperament and, I dunno, offers life lessons and stuff? I haven't seen all of it, but I've heard good things.

This is a very ignorant suggestion, but have you ever seen Ristorante Paradiso? I'm not sure how much it actually has to do with cooking, but I believe it's a slice-of-life that revolves around an Italian eatery in Rome.
18171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/5/13 , edited 7/5/13

cbel936 wrote:

I'm looking for recommendations!

I like comedies, or shows that have strong comedy elements in addition to their main subject matter.

A few shows like that that I loved are Ouran High School Host Club, Mawaru Penguindrum, and Wagnaria.

Elements of romance are fine, as long as the show gives me enough comedy and time to actually like the characters before the romance is laid down too heavily. I'm also not interested in harem.

I also like more serious shows, such as Baccano, Durarara, and Stein;s Gate. I'm not a hundred percent sure whether Stein;s Gate actually counts as a serious show, since I found Okabe to be hilarious, but I don't feel like it fit in with shows like Ouran.

I realize I'm kind of vague and all over the map here, but that's because I don't really know what I'm looking for. I just really get into some shows, and not others, and I'm not always sure why. I'm hoping someone can help me find something interesting, though.

Thanks in advance for any and all recommendations!

Oh, and one thing I forgot to mention. Whatever you recommend, I'd appreciate a little description beforehand. I find it hard to get into series sometimes, and it's much easier when I've already read a positive review with a little information about the show.


You gotta watch Revolutionary Girl Utena. It was done by the same director as Mawaru Penguindrum, and it's a tour de force. It's fun and energetic and one of the best feminist analyses I've ever seen, but that's neither here nor there. All that's important is that, based on some of the shows you like, I bet you'd get a kick out of it.

Broadly speaking, it's an awesome inversion of fairy-tale and high school shojo. Well, that's not very broad at all. It's about an awesome girl in high school who has to compete in these strange sword fights for the freedom of her enigmatic female friend. It's way cooler than that sounds, and again, I highly recommend it.
One Punch Mod
47974 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 7/5/13

cbel936 wrote:


Rito2Ru wrote:

If you haven't watched it yet, I say watch "Hataraku Maou-sama!"


I second that recommendation.


tryptophan1991 wrote:

You gotta watch Revolutionary Girl Utena. It was done by the same director as Mawaru Penguindrum, and it's a tour de force. It's fun and energetic and one of the best feminist analyses I've ever seen, but that's neither here nor there. All that's important is that, based on some of the shows you like, I bet you'd get a kick out of it.

Broadly speaking, it's an awesome inversion of fairy-tale and high school shojo. Well, that's not very broad at all. It's about an awesome girl in high school who has to compete in these strange sword fights for the freedom of her enigmatic female friend. It's way cooler than that sounds, and again, I highly recommend it.


And this one! I've watched through the first two arcs--it's a legal stream on Right Stuf's Nozomi Entertainment channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/nozomient and last I looked they'd started to put the third arc up. If you liked Penguindrum, I think you'll like it.
27759 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Game
Offline
Posted 7/5/13
Code Geass
11 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/5/13
Just finished Persona 4: The Animation and was looking for some recommendations. Really new to anime, once got a few episodes into one about a female warrior escorting a little boy prince but can't even remember the name. One of the most important things to me though - and I know it's definitely not a majority opinion - but I'd really like some modern recommendations, basically I'm shallow and want something HD hahaha. Open to try pretty much anything - maybe not a massive series though. Thanks!
First  Prev  818  819  820  821  822  823  824  825  826  827  828  829  830  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.