First  Prev  819  820  821  822  823  824  825  826  827  828  829  830  831  Next  Last
Post Reply Recommend me an Anime! **Read First Post!**
79431 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 7/5/13

dystin wrote:

Just finished Persona 4: The Animation and was looking for some recommendations. Really new to anime, once got a few episodes into one about a female warrior escorting a little boy prince but can't even remember the name. One of the most important things to me though - and I know it's definitely not a majority opinion - but I'd really like some modern recommendations, basically I'm shallow and want something HD hahaha. Open to try pretty much anything - maybe not a massive series though. Thanks!


http://www.crunchyroll.com/moribito

You were looking for this?
11 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/5/13

AnimeKami wrote:


dystin wrote:

Just finished Persona 4: The Animation and was looking for some recommendations. Really new to anime, once got a few episodes into one about a female warrior escorting a little boy prince but can't even remember the name. One of the most important things to me though - and I know it's definitely not a majority opinion - but I'd really like some modern recommendations, basically I'm shallow and want something HD hahaha. Open to try pretty much anything - maybe not a massive series though. Thanks!


http://www.crunchyroll.com/moribito

You were looking for this?


Ah that's the one... cheers man.
13 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/5/13

jeijulyn wrote:


School Rumble
Full metal Panic
Toradora!
History’s Strongest Disciple, Kenichi

the first two and the last one ive watched long time ago and they are pretty good, it has romance but theres enough comedy in it as well. Toradora! is good according to reviews so u can check that out, havent gotten a chance to watch it yet. Sorry i didnt really give much of a description.
I've actually seen Toradora! and I liked it. I've heard of the other three, but I don't know much about them, so I'll look into them, thanks.


tryptophan1991 wrote:

You gotta watch Revolutionary Girl Utena. It was done by the same director as Mawaru Penguindrum, and it's a tour de force. It's fun and energetic and one of the best feminist analyses I've ever seen, but that's neither here nor there. All that's important is that, based on some of the shows you like, I bet you'd get a kick out of it.

Broadly speaking, it's an awesome inversion of fairy-tale and high school shojo. Well, that's not very broad at all. It's about an awesome girl in high school who has to compete in these strange sword fights for the freedom of her enigmatic female friend. It's way cooler than that sounds, and again, I highly recommend it.
Ha, I remember when I was watching Mawaru Penguindrum , I was also reading a thread of other people watching it, and they talked about Revolutionary Girl Utena constantly. They did make it sound interesting, so I was planning on looking in to it, but I never did. One reason for that was that I'm a little leery of longer anime (not that 39 episodes is super long, but I generally try to avoid anything longer than 24. Not sure why, to be honest.) but you made it sound pretty interesting, so I'll watch it. Thanks!


lorreen wrote:


And this one! I've watched through the first two arcs--it's a legal stream on Right Stuf's Nozomi Entertainment channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/nozomient and last I looked they'd started to put the third arc up. If you liked Penguindrum, I think you'll like it.
Cool! I didn't actually know of a good place to watch it, so that's convenient, thanks.

47907 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Online
Posted 7/5/13

cbel936 wrote:


Rito2Ru wrote:

If you haven't watched it yet, I say watch "Hataraku Maou-sama!"

Good comedy and some romance here and there. The characters are likable and the jokes don't feel forced. Plot is pretty good, basically throw a demon king who is bent on world domination into modern day Japan and make him try to survive by taking up a job at a fast food service store, also toss in the hero who is trying to defeat him once and for all.

it has its serious moments but it never stays that way for long


I actually watched the first few episodes of that a few months ago when it was first coming out, and I enjoyed it. I kind of forgot about it though; I'm bad at keeping up with shows that are being simulcast an episode a week. I'll watch the rest of it now that it's out, thanks.

Any other recommendations?


Try "Kore wa Zombie desu ka?" if you haven't already
There is also the sequel to it "Kore wa Zombie desu ka? of the dead"
pretty much action comedy supernatural
it has hints of harem but its not really the focus, the harem is just there so don't worry about that too much

"Arakawa Under the Bridge" is a good comedy
rich guy who doesn't like being in debt to anyone has his life saved by a girl who lives under a bridge. he then goes on to live with her and he meets some questionable people who also live near the bridge

"Bakemonogatari/Nisemonogatari" is pretty funny at times if you like the wordplay and dialogue between characters, has a somewhat small amount of action scenes interspersed, the characters are interesting to say the least
I may recommend this one but some people may not like the show much because of the animation style of SHAFT or that it seems a little nonsensical at times

"Muromi-san" is one of my favorite comedies from the Spring 2013 season
its pretty much in your face comedy in 15 minute episodes involving mermaids

"Yuyushiki" is also one of my top picks from the Spring 2013 season
its a slice of life school life comedy involving three girls and their club activities with more characters getting involved over time



24122 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/5/13

tryptophan1991 wrote:


jeijulyn wrote:

currently enjoying the anime My little monster, but was wondering if anyone can recommend any cooking or baking anime. I really liked Yumeiro Pâtissière and Yakitate but besides that i havent found anything else.


If you're ever interested in diversifying from food to drink, there's a slice-of-life(ish) called Bartender. It's about the troubles of the patrons of this little bar; the bartender, after listening to their stories, makes the perfect drink for their temperament and, I dunno, offers life lessons and stuff? I haven't seen all of it, but I've heard good things.

This is a very ignorant suggestion, but have you ever seen Ristorante Paradiso? I'm not sure how much it actually has to do with cooking, but I believe it's a slice-of-life that revolves around an Italian eatery in Rome.


thanks! ill check them out. u were a great help
18171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/5/13

cbel936 wrote:

Ha, I remember when I was watching Mawaru Penguindrum , I was also reading a thread of other people watching it, and they talked about Revolutionary Girl Utena constantly. They did make it sound interesting, so I was planning on looking in to it, but I never did. One reason for that was that I'm a little leery of longer anime (not that 39 episodes is super long, but I generally try to avoid anything longer than 24. Not sure why, to be honest.) but you made it sound pretty interesting, so I'll watch it. Thanks!



The show is separated into three arcs, although those arcs are tied together thematically and narratively. Suffice it to say that it operates in manageable chunks.
33863 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 7/6/13
Other anime with actual delinquents not like haganai or toradora?
The only anime that I've seen with an actual deliquent is clannad. So any other good animes whether he/she stays a deliquent or changes later on.
18171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/6/13

shymexican10 wrote:

Other anime with actual delinquents not like haganai or toradora?
The only anime that I've seen with an actual deliquent is clannad. So any other good animes whether he/she stays a deliquent or changes later on.


How serious is this show supposed to be? Cause both GTO and School Rumble have main characters who are delinquents, but they're also both comedies.
28587 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
58 / M / Quirm
Offline
Posted 7/6/13 , edited 7/6/13

shymexican10 wrote:

Other anime with actual delinquents not like haganai or toradora?
The only anime that I've seen with an actual deliquent is clannad. So any other good animes whether he/she stays a deliquent or changes later on.


Slam Dunk, perhaps...

(Edit) Also: Yu Yu Hakusho
33863 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 7/6/13

tryptophan1991 wrote:


shymexican10 wrote:

Other anime with actual delinquents not like haganai or toradora?
The only anime that I've seen with an actual deliquent is clannad. So any other good animes whether he/she stays a deliquent or changes later on.


How serious is this show supposed to be? Cause both GTO and School Rumble have main characters who are delinquents, but they're also both comedies.


It doesn't matter if its serious or not as long as they are delinquents.
18171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/6/13 , edited 7/6/13

shymexican10 wrote:


tryptophan1991 wrote:


shymexican10 wrote:

Other anime with actual delinquents not like haganai or toradora?
The only anime that I've seen with an actual deliquent is clannad. So any other good animes whether he/she stays a deliquent or changes later on.


How serious is this show supposed to be? Cause both GTO and School Rumble have main characters who are delinquents, but they're also both comedies.


It doesn't matter if its serious or not as long as they are delinquents.


Then I would watch GTO first and foremost. It's funny and a legitimate program in so much as there are, well, characters that develop and stuff? School Rumble is pretty funny, but it's full-blown comedy and not much else.
33863 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 7/6/13

tryptophan1991 wrote:


shymexican10 wrote:


tryptophan1991 wrote:


shymexican10 wrote:

Other anime with actual delinquents not like haganai or toradora?
The only anime that I've seen with an actual deliquent is clannad. So any other good animes whether he/she stays a deliquent or changes later on.


How serious is this show supposed to be? Cause both GTO and School Rumble have main characters who are delinquents, but they're also both comedies.


It doesn't matter if its serious or not as long as they are delinquents.


Then I would watch GTO first are foremost. It's funny and a legitimate program in so much as there are, well, characters that develop and stuff? School Rumble is pretty funny, but it's full-blown comedy and not much else.


I did a little searching and find GTO interesting, where can I watch it? Do you know if they have it on hulu plus or CR
18171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/6/13

shymexican10 wrote:


tryptophan1991 wrote:


shymexican10 wrote:


tryptophan1991 wrote:


shymexican10 wrote:

Other anime with actual delinquents not like haganai or toradora?
The only anime that I've seen with an actual deliquent is clannad. So any other good animes whether he/she stays a deliquent or changes later on.


How serious is this show supposed to be? Cause both GTO and School Rumble have main characters who are delinquents, but they're also both comedies.


It doesn't matter if its serious or not as long as they are delinquents.


Then I would watch GTO first are foremost. It's funny and a legitimate program in so much as there are, well, characters that develop and stuff? School Rumble is pretty funny, but it's full-blown comedy and not much else.


I did a little searching and find GTO interesting, where can I watch it? Do you know if they have it on hulu plus or CR


Well, I think I just sorta brokeass streamed it. It's a google search away, but I don't know who actually license it.
33863 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 7/6/13

tryptophan1991 wrote:


shymexican10 wrote:


tryptophan1991 wrote:


shymexican10 wrote:


tryptophan1991 wrote:


shymexican10 wrote:

Other anime with actual delinquents not like haganai or toradora?
The only anime that I've seen with an actual deliquent is clannad. So any other good animes whether he/she stays a deliquent or changes later on.


How serious is this show supposed to be? Cause both GTO and School Rumble have main characters who are delinquents, but they're also both comedies.


It doesn't matter if its serious or not as long as they are delinquents.


Then I would watch GTO first are foremost. It's funny and a legitimate program in so much as there are, well, characters that develop and stuff? School Rumble is pretty funny, but it's full-blown comedy and not much else.


I did a little searching and find GTO interesting, where can I watch it? Do you know if they have it on hulu plus or CR


Well, I think I just sorta brokeass streamed it. It's a google search away, but I don't know who actually license it.


Oh that sucks but thanks anyways ill try animecrazy then or some other free site.
An9el 
19730 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/6/13
any one got any good yuri animes to recomend just finished strawberry panic and wanted a recomention in the yuri genra
First  Prev  819  820  821  822  823  824  825  826  827  828  829  830  831  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.