First  Prev  828  829  830  831  832  833  834  835  836  837  838  839  840  Next  Last
Recommend me an Anime! **Read First Post!**
18171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/20/13

flamitsu wrote:

Sorry SenseiMinato, another request here..

I don't know if this has been covered yet, but I'll give it a shot anyway:

What anime do you know that places strong emphasis on human behavior and close human relationship? I doesn't necessarily need to be romantic, although I don't mind. Usagi drop is an excellent example of this, as is Tokyo magnitude 8.

I'm searching for something along the lines of:
Usagi drop
Tokyo magnitude 8
Clannad (well, part of it at least)
listen to me girls, I'm your father

I really prefer slice-of-life, but other genre is not a deal breaker :mellow:

Also, please include anime that is not on cr (no links, just names) because I'm sure that I watched most of the anime here that fits the description, (yes, I pay for my anime if I can and companies are willing to take it).

PS: Thanks cr for bringing back usagi drop. It's a really good show.


Kare Kano has already been mentioned, and that's a great option.

The primary theme of The Tatami Galaxy is the subjectivity of inter-personal relationships; thus that show should be exactly what you're looking for, especially if you're willing to sit down with a program for its full run in order to feel its full thematic force.

I'd say Monster fits the bill in a strange way. It's a thriller that follows a Japanese doctor in Germany as he tracks a serial killer for, well, personal reasons. The characters in the show are very closely examined, as you can imagine.

Since it's on crunchyroll, you've probably already seen Kids on the Slope, but, in case you haven't, that show also spends most of its time analyzing the central relationships. It had far more internal monologue than I care for, but I still thought it a worthwhile view, and it certainly fits your description.

For that matter, I'd take a gander at Michiko to Hatchin. It's something of an adventure comedy-drama that takes place in modern South America. The two main characters form a very powerful relationship that's easily the most appealing and interesting aspect of the show.

A Woman Named Fujiko Mine is a show I very highly esteem for its feminist critique (that becomes increasingly apparent the further one journeys into the show), but one of its main highlights is its fascinating main character. For the first time in the Lupin III series, Fujiko Mine takes center stage, and the results are wonderful. Her relationships with the other characters are a treat, and she is herself one of the more interesting characters in anime, in my opinion.

Cross Game is a wonderfully-written anime. It is ostensibly about baseball; ironically, I find that sport dreadfully boring. It is a testament to the characterizations that I stayed with that show for its full fifty episode run; the relationships are drenched in realism and poignance and subtle wit. When the show reveals its foundational emotionality, the tears start flowin', and it works (for me) because the show takes its time with its characters. I highly recommend it.

Finally, I suggest anything done by Takako Shimura - the two shows I have seen (adapted from her Manga) are Aoi Hana and Wandering Son. Wandering Son is on crunchyroll, so I suppose there's a high likelihood you've seen it. If you haven't, I couldn't recommend a show more highly - Wandering Son gaits at a pace too slow for some, but that's in service of some of the most poignant characterizations I have ever glimpsed. The characters are fully-realized, and their crises ring of deep and sometimes bitter truth. Aoi Hana is not so powerful a triumph, in my opinion, but it's still great.

Heh, Cowboy Bebop. Ya know, just in case.
18171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/20/13

flamitsu wrote:

Sorry SenseiMinato, another request here..

I don't know if this has been covered yet, but I'll give it a shot anyway:

What anime do you know that places strong emphasis on human behavior and close human relationship? I doesn't necessarily need to be romantic, although I don't mind. Usagi drop is an excellent example of this, as is Tokyo magnitude 8.

I'm searching for something along the lines of:
Usagi drop
Tokyo magnitude 8
Clannad (well, part of it at least)
listen to me girls, I'm your father

I really prefer slice-of-life, but other genre is not a deal breaker :mellow:

Also, please include anime that is not on cr (no links, just names) because I'm sure that I watched most of the anime here that fits the description, (yes, I pay for my anime if I can and companies are willing to take it).

PS: Thanks cr for bringing back usagi drop. It's a really good show.


Also, Voices from a Distant Star is excellent, if you haven't seen it. I'm pretty certain that's also on crunchyroll.
19 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/20/13
I like Shugo Chara but I can't find one like it. Please help.
18171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/21/13

lia1022 wrote:

I like Shugo Chara but I can't find one like it. Please help.


I'm rather out of my element on Shugo Chara, but based off of what I've seen and heard of it, I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest Princess Tutu to you.
89984 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 7/21/13
my 2 cents

princess tutu blows shugo chara up the butt so hard you wouldn't believe tutu only needed 20+ eps to do it... (merging the 12 minute eps)
11028 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/21/13 , edited 7/21/13
Hello, i was wondering any anime like: Fortune arterial?

And is it any anime like Kokoro Connect?:)

seen: Clannad - Romance/Slice of life , air(TV) Romance , toradora - Romance/slice of life, clannad afterstory - Drama, romance , Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo - Slice of life/romance , another - Mystery, horror. , Naruto (shippuden included), Saki - Game , saki episode side of A - Game , Naruto Spinn of (lee). melancholy of haruhi suzumiya(mystery/romance (all series and movies) Angel beats - action/romance. , BTOOOM - Action. , highschool DxD - Ecchi/romance. Kore wa zombie De su ka? (both season?)Dog days. Dog days' Sword art Online! and many other "must see romance series"


Feels like i have watched the most of the best anime... :/

So any reccommendation?

I want these genres:

Romance, slice of life, School or Highschool?, drama, horror, ecchi?, comedy, MYSTERY<3.

thanks for the help, i hope i get GOOD reccommendations!
5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/21/13
Request:

Ran out of things to read. Is resorting to clicking some random crappy manga on the list. Is desperate. ಥAಥ (And bored)
I'll watch anime or manga, whichever, but I like to lean more toward manga the most. I'd prefer excellent-bearable art/style. No mature genre or smut, I'll live with some ecchi here and there. I'll read both shonen/seinin and shoujo (but preferably shonen).

For shonen, I'd like action, adventure, humor, psychological, historical, (I'm looking for a good one. Rurouni Kenshin and Inuyasha. Acient Japan is my preference), sports, sci-fi, romance and heavy gore is acceptable.I do like smart puzzles and detective mangas/anime, like Death Game and Hyouka (Don't even touch DConan; I tried.). Horror? Keep it under PSYCHO-PASS and Mirai Nikki level. No...No School Days. Please. I feel like mecha animes, so I'm thinking about the Gundam series (Which one's the first one =_=) after I finish Gargantia on -whatever- Planet and Majestic Prince.
For shoujo, romance (duh), school life is fine, fantasy, humor, action, no slice of life please. I've had my fair share. Make sure the romance isn't painful. You know those moments where the author's just dragging on their drama and sorting out feelings and jealousies and crap? No. Clean, cute, and simple is how I prefer it. Ao Haru Ride I like, so a little bit painful is okay.

Oh sorry, I nearly forgot. I'm not a big fan of yaoi or yuri. Sorry if this offends anyone. ノ (_ _ ノ )

Mmm, oh and how I like my plots? Think .5pb. Steins;Gate. Genuis. I love time and space mangas/animes like that. I'm picky when it comes to plot. Trolly is good too. Heh, Onepunch-man. But it needs to be AMAZING trolly. Not just "lol" humor.

Sigh, okay. Prepare yourself.
Shounen: Naruto/Bleach, ONEPIECE, Fullmetal Alchemist B, Cross Game, Death Game, Remote, (Tower of God), Phi Brain (Shhh, shhh, I said I was desperate), Rurouni Kenshin, Inuyasha, Soul Eater, Fairy Tail, Magi, Prince of Tennis, NEW Prince of Tennis (I didn't even bother actually, it's the same thing -_-), Kuroko no Basuke (No Slam Dunk. I'm sorry, it's horrible), MIX, Eyeshild 21, Onepunch-man, Robotics;Notes, Steins;Gate, C-Control, Mirai Nikki, PSYCHO-PASS, Shingeki no Kyojin, Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge, Busou Renkin, Air Gear (Interesting one, I'll take one like it even with the major ecchi.), Deadman Wonderland, Eureka 7 (Working on it)/AO, D.Grayman, Nurarihyon no Mago, Sengoku Youko, The Infinite/Zettai Karen Children, Bakuman, Black Cat, Sword Art Online and some smaller name ones that I can't remember. If some of you bring up ones I have watched, I'll tell you.

Shoujo (Not as experienced in this field, I'll spare you the long list): Dengeki Daisy, Love Berrish, Strobe Lights, Ao Haru Ride (I likes this one), Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun (This one too, I have a fetish for wavy haired anime boys XD), Say I Love You, Kaichou wa Maido-sama, Shakugan no Shana, and ummm..... Yeah. Can't remember. I'll shoot you down on the one's I've read. XD

Note: I've watched all Ghibli movies, Girl who leapt through Time, Summer Wars. Love them.

Thanks!

wyrvan 
35308 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M
Offline
Posted 7/21/13

spectation wrote:

Hello, i was wondering any anime like: Fortune arterial?

And is it any anime like Kokoro Connect?:)

seen: Clannad - Romance/Slice of life , air(TV) Romance , toradora - Romance/slice of life, clannad afterstory - Drama, romance , Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo - Slice of life/romance , another - Mystery, horror. , Naruto (shippuden included), Saki - Game , saki episode side of A - Game , Naruto Spinn of (lee). melancholy of haruhi suzumiya(mystery/romance (all series and movies) Angel beats - action/romance. , BTOOOM - Action. , highschool DxD - Ecchi/romance. Kore wa zombie De su ka? (both season?)Dog days. Dog days' Sword art Online! and many other "must see romance series"


Feels like i have watched the most of the best anime... :/

So any reccommendation?

I want these genres:

Romance, slice of life, School or Highschool?, drama, horror, ecchi?, comedy, MYSTERY<3.

thanks for the help, i hope i get GOOD reccommendations!


How about:

Chihayafuru High school drama about competitive 100 poets kaurta with comedy and romance. Really good.

Horizon in the middle of nowhere Ecchi comedy romance in a far future sci-fi setting.

Both are on CR
11028 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/21/13
Feel free to post many more anyone! :)

Thanks Wyrvan.
54 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19
Offline
Posted 7/21/13
1. Brave 10
2. Attack on Titan
3. Darker Than Black
4. Corps Princess
5.Code Breaker
6. Guilty Crown

Enjoy
54 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19
Offline
Posted 7/21/13

Lamiror wrote:

Request:

Ran out of things to read. Is resorting to clicking some random crappy manga on the list. Is desperate. ಥAಥ (And bored)
I'll watch anime or manga, whichever, but I like to lean more toward manga the most. I'd prefer excellent-bearable art/style. No mature genre or smut, I'll live with some ecchi here and there. I'll read both shonen/seinin and shoujo (but preferably shonen).

For shonen, I'd like action, adventure, humor, psychological, historical, (I'm looking for a good one. Rurouni Kenshin and Inuyasha. Acient Japan is my preference), sports, sci-fi, romance and heavy gore is acceptable.I do like smart puzzles and detective mangas/anime, like Death Game and Hyouka (Don't even touch DConan; I tried.). Horror? Keep it under PSYCHO-PASS and Mirai Nikki level. No...No School Days. Please. I feel like mecha animes, so I'm thinking about the Gundam series (Which one's the first one =_=) after I finish Gargantia on -whatever- Planet and Majestic Prince.
For shoujo, romance (duh), school life is fine, fantasy, humor, action, no slice of life please. I've had my fair share. Make sure the romance isn't painful. You know those moments where the author's just dragging on their drama and sorting out feelings and jealousies and crap? No. Clean, cute, and simple is how I prefer it. Ao Haru Ride I like, so a little bit painful is okay.

Oh sorry, I nearly forgot. I'm not a big fan of yaoi or yuri. Sorry if this offends anyone. ノ (_ _ ノ )

Mmm, oh and how I like my plots? Think .5pb. Steins;Gate. Genuis. I love time and space mangas/animes like that. I'm picky when it comes to plot. Trolly is good too. Heh, Onepunch-man. But it needs to be AMAZING trolly. Not just "lol" humor.

Sigh, okay. Prepare yourself.
Shounen: Naruto/Bleach, ONEPIECE, Fullmetal Alchemist B, Cross Game, Death Game, Remote, (Tower of God), Phi Brain (Shhh, shhh, I said I was desperate), Rurouni Kenshin, Inuyasha, Soul Eater, Fairy Tail, Magi, Prince of Tennis, NEW Prince of Tennis (I didn't even bother actually, it's the same thing -_-), Kuroko no Basuke (No Slam Dunk. I'm sorry, it's horrible), MIX, Eyeshild 21, Onepunch-man, Robotics;Notes, Steins;Gate, C-Control, Mirai Nikki, PSYCHO-PASS, Shingeki no Kyojin, Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge, Busou Renkin, Air Gear (Interesting one, I'll take one like it even with the major ecchi.), Deadman Wonderland, Eureka 7 (Working on it)/AO, D.Grayman, Nurarihyon no Mago, Sengoku Youko, The Infinite/Zettai Karen Children, Bakuman, Black Cat, Sword Art Online and some smaller name ones that I can't remember. If some of you bring up ones I have watched, I'll tell you.

Shoujo (Not as experienced in this field, I'll spare you the long list): Dengeki Daisy, Love Berrish, Strobe Lights, Ao Haru Ride (I likes this one), Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun (This one too, I have a fetish for wavy haired anime boys XD), Say I Love You, Kaichou wa Maido-sama, Shakugan no Shana, and ummm..... Yeah. Can't remember. I'll shoot you down on the one's I've read. XD

Note: I've watched all Ghibli movies, Girl who leapt through Time, Summer Wars. Love them.

Thanks!



6009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Stavanger, Norway
Offline
Posted 7/21/13
Hey guys, I wondered if you could recommend me some anime.

I'm very new to anime and have no clue whatsoever. I'm head over heels in love with Amnesia and that art style, so any animes with similar (or equally unique) art styles would be a good tip. I've also watched Hellsing in the past and loved it, as well as the "Fist of the North Star" and "Urotsukidoji" movies, loving both of them.

I have no strong genre preference, so I'm open to give anything a try. I understand Naruto Shippuden is a Big Thing, so I watched the first episode of season 1 (Homecoming). It didn't immediately snag me the way Amnesia did, but I'm willing to stick with it if it picks up down the line (I endured through season 1 of Dr Who only to be thoroughly rewarded in later seasons, so I'm no stranger to having series grow on me).

Also, if noone has produced and is selling the card deck from the Amnesia intro yet, they should. 10/10 would buy. If anyone is selling these, point the way, please.
54 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19
Offline
Posted 7/21/13
can someone please just give me a good list of shows. prefebly romance
29344 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
58 / M / My couch, usually
Offline
Posted 7/21/13

Guinto115 wrote: can someone please just give me a good list of shows. prefebly romance
With such a vague request, I'd start by going here and just start exploring the top ranked ones.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/search/genreresults?w=series&w=movies&from=&to=&lic=&a=AA&a=OC&a=TA&a=MA&g=romance&o=rating

6010 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/21/13
Hi
do u know some anime who are like naruto, bleach and magi ... ?
First  Prev  828  829  830  831  832  833  834  835  836  837  838  839  840  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.