First  Prev  829  830  831  832  833  834  835  836  837  838  839  840  841  Next  Last
Post Reply Recommend me an Anime! **Read First Post!**
22384 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 7/21/13 , edited 7/21/13

HenrikWL wrote:

Hey guys, I wondered if you could recommend me some anime.

I'm very new to anime and have no clue whatsoever. I'm head over heels in love with Amnesia and that art style, so any animes with similar (or equally unique) art styles would be a good tip. I've also watched Hellsing in the past and loved it, as well as the "Fist of the North Star" and "Urotsukidoji" movies, loving both of them.

I have no strong genre preference, so I'm open to give anything a try. I understand Naruto Shippuden is a Big Thing, so I watched the first episode of season 1 (Homecoming). It didn't immediately snag me the way Amnesia did, but I'm willing to stick with it if it picks up down the line (I endured through season 1 of Dr Who only to be thoroughly rewarded in later seasons, so I'm no stranger to having series grow on me).

Also, if noone has produced and is selling the card deck from the Amnesia intro yet, they should. 10/10 would buy. If anyone is selling these, point the way, please. :)

If your looking for something for a unique art style Then here are a few. The content of the show isn't anything like Amnesia, though.
Gankutsuou: Count of Monte Christo (revenge tale, retelling of Count of Monte Christo)
Katanagatari (action/adventure)
Arakawa Under the Bridge (comedy)
Tsuritama (fishing/aliens)
Madoka Magica (magical girl, but a darker take)
Shiki (horror)
Penguindrum has some nice art (I don't even know how to define this)
House of Five Leaves (drama with some action)
Steins;Gate and Danganronpa also have cool character designs (they had the same character designer)
Tatami Galaxy (can't explain this one either, but amazing art)

If you're looking for a good show based on content, I'd also recommend
Gurren Lagann (mecha/action)
Baccano! (action)
Attack on Titan (the biggest thing in anime right now, action)
Monster (thriller)
Another (horror)
Spice and Wolf (fantasy/adventure)
Rose of Versailles (historical fiction, about what leads up to French Revolution)
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood (action)
Darker than Black (action)
Trigun (action)
Blue Exorcist (action)
Shin Sekai Yori (mystery)
Angel Beats (action/drama/comedy)
Mysterious Girlfriend X (romance, has a nice old-school art style)
Soul Eater (action, also has a different art style)
One Piece (if you're gonna watch a "Big Three" I'd personally recommend this one)

It looked like you enjoy action so I recommended a lot of them? Hope this helps!

As for Naruto Shippuuden (and I know people will disagree with me), I like Naruto the original series better. (You may or may not know that Naruto Shippuuden is the sequel series to Naruto). I feel like it moves a lot faster (things tended to drag in Shippuuden, atleast at the beginning). That being said, I kinda rage quit Shippuuden a while ago because I was frustrated by how all the episodes were being drawn out and there were really long filler arcs, so take what I say with a grain of salt. It may get better, but (if it does) it takes a while to do so. I watched around 88 episodes before I quit. There was some really great episodes, but they were sandwiched between a bunch of crap.






22384 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 7/21/13

spectation wrote:

Hello, i was wondering any anime like: Fortune arterial?

And is it any anime like Kokoro Connect?:)

seen: Clannad - Romance/Slice of life , air(TV) Romance , toradora - Romance/slice of life, clannad afterstory - Drama, romance , Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo - Slice of life/romance , another - Mystery, horror. , Naruto (shippuden included), Saki - Game , saki episode side of A - Game , Naruto Spinn of (lee). melancholy of haruhi suzumiya(mystery/romance (all series and movies) Angel beats - action/romance. , BTOOOM - Action. , highschool DxD - Ecchi/romance. Kore wa zombie De su ka? (both season?)Dog days. Dog days' Sword art Online! and many other "must see romance series"


Feels like i have watched the most of the best anime... :/

So any reccommendation?

I want these genres:

Romance, slice of life, School or Highschool?, drama, horror, ecchi?, comedy, MYSTERY<3.

thanks for the help, i hope i get GOOD reccommendations!

Comedy:
Devil is a Part-Timer
Arakawak Under the Bridge
My Ordinary Life
Cromartie High School

Horror:
Shiki
Danganronpa (currently airing, it's great so far)

Romance (I don't know what all of these you've seen, so if you've seen it great, if not, check it out.):
Nana
Paradise Kiss
His and Her Circumstances
Honey and Clover
Nodame Cantabile (still watching, but it's really good and similar to Honey and Clover)
Ef~ A Tale of Memories
Emma: A Victorian Romance
The World God Only Knows
Princess Jellyfish
Say I Love You
My Little Monster
Ouran High SChool Host Club
Ano Natsu
Nastuyuki Rendezvous (I hesitate to recommend this. The first 6 episodes has a great love story, but the last 6 episodes turns into a ghost possession story and is not very good. But you may like it)

Drama:
Anohana
Kids on the Slope

Mystery:
Death Note
Monster
Shin Sekai Yori

2843 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Colorado Springs,...
Offline
Posted 7/21/13
Hi, I'm looking for a tragic anime. A struggling hero or anti-hero if anybody has any suggestions.
Something similar to
Ergo Proxy (this is essentially a perfect anime to me, dark and moody, some bits of humor thrown in. Excellent anime and fight sequences, and generally adult orientated.)
Darker than Black (loved this anime, again, dark and moody. Action orientated, ragic hero's tale)
Trigun (A bit more humor than I usually like but overall it fits the theme, action orientated and moments of sadness/dark thrown in)


If there's a love story or humor as well, that'd be a bonus and preferably an action orientated anime. Keep in mind, if it's a fairly popular anime, I've probably seen it. Sword art online, fml, naruto, etc, etc.
28577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
58 / M / Quirm
Offline
Posted 7/21/13 , edited 7/21/13

cpblair83 wrote:

Hi, I'm looking for a tragic anime. A struggling hero or anti-hero if anybody has any suggestions.
Something similar to
Ergo Proxy (this is essentially a perfect anime to me, dark and moody, some bits of humor thrown in. Excellent anime and fight sequences, and generally adult orientated.)
Darker than Black (loved this anime, again, dark and moody. Action orientated, ragic hero's tale)
Trigun (A bit more humor than I usually like but overall it fits the theme, action orientated and moments of sadness/dark thrown in)


If there's a love story or humor as well, that'd be a bonus and preferably an action orientated anime. Keep in mind, if it's a fairly popular anime, I've probably seen it. Sword art online, fml, naruto, etc, etc.
"Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom" has most of those requirements. (Funi/Hulu)

Also Black Lagoon, if you haven't seen that. (Also Funi/Hulu)

Edit: Maybe Michiko to Hatchin as well.
3127 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 7/21/13 , edited 7/21/13

tryptophan1991 wrote:




Sorry about the late reply, but wow!
Thank you for taking the time to type this in. much appreciated!




Kare Kano has already been mentioned, and that's a great option.

The primary theme of The Tatami Galaxy is the subjectivity of inter-personal relationships; thus that show should be exactly what you're looking for, especially if you're willing to sit down with a program for its full run in order to feel its full thematic force.

I'd say Monster fits the bill in a strange way. It's a thriller that follows a Japanese doctor in Germany as he tracks a serial killer for, well, personal reasons. The characters in the show are very closely examined, as you can imagine.

Since it's on crunchyroll, you've probably already seen Kids on the Slope, but, in case you haven't, that show also spends most of its time analyzing the central relationships. It had far more internal monologue than I care for, but I still thought it a worthwhile view, and it certainly fits your description.


I actually watched half of it before giving up. Looks like my decision of giving up midway was a mistake.



For that matter, I'd take a gander at Michiko to Hatchin. It's something of an adventure comedy-drama that takes place in modern South America. The two main characters form a very powerful relationship that's easily the most appealing and interesting aspect of the show.

A Woman Named Fujiko Mine is a show I very highly esteem for its feminist critique (that becomes increasingly apparent the further one journeys into the show), but one of its main highlights is its fascinating main character. For the first time in the Lupin III series, Fujiko Mine takes center stage, and the results are wonderful. Her relationships with the other characters are a treat, and she is herself one of the more interesting characters in anime, in my opinion.

Cross Game is a wonderfully-written anime. It is ostensibly about baseball; ironically, I find that sport dreadfully boring. It is a testament to the characterizations that I stayed with that show for its full fifty episode run; the relationships are drenched in realism and poignance and subtle wit. When the show reveals its foundational emotionality, the tears start flowin', and it works (for me) because the show takes its time with its characters. I highly recommend it.

Finally, I suggest anything done by Takako Shimura - the two shows I have seen (adapted from her Manga) are Aoi Hana and Wandering Son. Wandering Son is on crunchyroll, so I suppose there's a high likelihood you've seen it. If you haven't, I couldn't recommend a show more highly - Wandering Son gaits at a pace too slow for some, but that's in service of some of the most poignant characterizations I have ever glimpsed. The characters are fully-realized, and their crises ring of deep and sometimes bitter truth. Aoi Hana is not so powerful a triumph, in my opinion, but it's still great.


Watched wandering son as well. It ranks very high among the shows that do human behavior and relationships right, although I can say I care for the main subject of the show. Nevertheless, I should have included it with the other anime in my original post.


Heh, Cowboy Bebop. Ya know, just in case.


I was a bit taken off guard by your suggestion of cowboy bebop. but on second thought, perhaps it does emphasize on relationship development. (I watched it a long time ago, maybe it's time for a re-watch)

Thank you again for taking the time to type in these suggestions. As for the shows I haven't mentioned, I'll take a look at each one of them.
Posted 7/21/13

Hey Guys,

Looking for some anime recommendations for anime that are not solely based around high school or have young children as the main character, with modern/ future setting pretty much open to any genre but some anime similar to Buccano!, Durarara or stein's gate would be nice.

Also I don't usually like anime that have weird animals( like in Gintama) or with Giant robots/mechs .
8013 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/21/13
I'm looking for an anime with a ridiculously badass main character, both in ability and personality. Not a character that cool power in halfway through the series.( Don't get me wrong some of those are great but that's not what I'm looking for at the moment.) I'm talking along the lines of Kaze no Stigma, Hagura Yuusha no Aesthetica, Problem Children Are Coming From Another World, Aren't They?, and Sword Art Online.
8013 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/21/13

srichar wrote:


Hey Guys,

Looking for some anime recommendations for anime that are not solely based around high school or have young children as the main character, with modern/ future setting pretty much open to any genre but some anime similar to Buccano!, Durarara or stein's gate would be nice.

Also I don't usually like anime that have weird animals( like in Gintama) or with Giant robots/mechs .


I've just seen the first episode of BLASSREITER the setting is in the future and the first episode was about a famous bike racer, that gets injured in an interrupted race, and cannot race anymore because he's paraplegic. I believe it's a very good fit for what you mentioned. If there's anyone that's seen all of it, feel free to share.
18171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/21/13

Titan-kun wrote:

I'm looking for an anime with a ridiculously badass main character, both in ability and personality. Not a character that cool power in halfway through the series.( Don't get me wrong some of those are great but that's not what I'm looking for at the moment.) I'm talking along the lines of Kaze no Stigma, Hagura Yuusha no Aesthetica, Problem Children Are Coming From Another World, Aren't They?, and Sword Art Online.


I'm not sure what "Not a character that cool power in halfway through the series" means, but Fist of the North Star and Jojo's Bizzare Adventure are classics in the hilariously badass character department.
6009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Stavanger, Norway
Offline
Posted 7/22/13

giraffeswillrule wrote:
If your looking for something for a unique art style Then here are a few. The content of the show isn't anything like Amnesia, though.
Gankutsuou: Count of Monte Christo (revenge tale, retelling of Count of Monte Christo)
Katanagatari (action/adventure)
Arakawa Under the Bridge (comedy)
Tsuritama (fishing/aliens)
Madoka Magica (magical girl, but a darker take)
Shiki (horror)
Penguindrum has some nice art (I don't even know how to define this)
House of Five Leaves (drama with some action)
Steins;Gate and Danganronpa also have cool character designs (they had the same character designer)
Tatami Galaxy (can't explain this one either, but amazing art)

If you're looking for a good show based on content, I'd also recommend
Gurren Lagann (mecha/action)
Baccano! (action)
Attack on Titan (the biggest thing in anime right now, action)
Monster (thriller)
Another (horror)
Spice and Wolf (fantasy/adventure)
Rose of Versailles (historical fiction, about what leads up to French Revolution)
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood (action)
Darker than Black (action)
Trigun (action)
Blue Exorcist (action)
Shin Sekai Yori (mystery)
Angel Beats (action/drama/comedy)
Mysterious Girlfriend X (romance, has a nice old-school art style)
Soul Eater (action, also has a different art style)
One Piece (if you're gonna watch a "Big Three" I'd personally recommend this one)

It looked like you enjoy action so I recommended a lot of them? Hope this helps!

As for Naruto Shippuuden (and I know people will disagree with me), I like Naruto the original series better. (You may or may not know that Naruto Shippuuden is the sequel series to Naruto). I feel like it moves a lot faster (things tended to drag in Shippuuden, atleast at the beginning). That being said, I kinda rage quit Shippuuden a while ago because I was frustrated by how all the episodes were being drawn out and there were really long filler arcs, so take what I say with a grain of salt. It may get better, but (if it does) it takes a while to do so. I watched around 88 episodes before I quit. There was some really great episodes, but they were sandwiched between a bunch of crap.


Thanks a lot! I have a bunch of stuff to check out then.
2843 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Colorado Springs,...
Offline
Posted 7/22/13 , edited 7/22/13

"Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom" has most of those requirements. (Funi/Hulu)

Also Black Lagoon, if you haven't seen that. (Also Funi/Hulu)

Edit: Maybe Michiko to Hatchin as well.


I've seen both of those Animes and wasn't impressed by the artstyle, action or storyline. Plus I can't stand fan service, so the breasts and other sexual aspects get on my nerves. And this is coming from a person who loved elfen lied, but I just don't like boobs for boobs sake. Thanks though. By adult orientated I meant as a reflection upon the story. Deep and complex.

Anybody else have some suggestions?

"Hi, I'm looking for a tragic anime. A struggling hero or anti-hero if anybody has any suggestions.
Something similar to
Ergo Proxy (this is essentially a perfect anime to me, dark and moody, some bits of humor thrown in. Excellent anime and fight sequences, and generally adult orientated.)
Darker than Black (loved this anime, again, dark and moody. Action orientated, ragic hero's tale)
Trigun (A bit more humor than I usually like but overall it fits the theme, action orientated and moments of sadness/dark thrown in)


If there's a love story or humor as well, that'd be a bonus and preferably an action orientated anime. Keep in mind, if it's a fairly popular anime, I've probably seen it. Sword art online, fml, naruto, etc, etc. "
5058 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Union city nj
Offline
Posted 7/22/13 , edited 7/22/13
Anime's that I recommend because I just love them on a personal level are hunterxhunter, yu yu hakusho, great teacher onizuka, monster and gurren Lagan I seen tons more but I like like these
iKiddx 
7014 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F
Offline
Posted 7/22/13
[Request]
Name/ CR ID: iKiddx

I've been a huge fan of Sword Art Online, Hell Girl, Angel Beats, Black Butler and Soul Eater. The things that drawn me to them was more of the extreme twists (Aside from Soul Eater). SAO, Hell Girl, and Angel Beats all made me Cry. I personally think that anything that brings a tear to my eye deserves a 5 star rating, so I really enjoy watching them. I loved Soul Eater because of it's comedy, as it balances out all the emotional drama I watch all the time e_o . I've heard about Attack On Titan but I really don't like waiting for episodes to come out, I'm the type of person who will not start an anime until the entire series is Published on the web. So I would really like an already finished Anime Series, I don't mind the size of a series(Unless it's in the 100s episodes, It's sort of looks unappealing to me because I fear of Filters) as long as It's completed.

I've watched: SAO, Hell Girl, Angel Beats, Black Butler, Soul Eater, Fairy Tail, Air Gear, Say "I Love you", Darker than Black, Blue Exorcist, etc.
18171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/22/13

cpblair83 wrote:


"Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom" has most of those requirements. (Funi/Hulu)

Also Black Lagoon, if you haven't seen that. (Also Funi/Hulu)

Edit: Maybe Michiko to Hatchin as well.


I've seen both of those Animes and wasn't impressed by the artstyle, action or storyline. Plus I can't stand fan service, so the breasts and other sexual aspects get on my nerves. And this is coming from a person who loved elfen lied, but I just don't like boobs for boobs sake. Thanks though. By adult orientated I meant as a reflection upon the story. Deep and complex.

Anybody else have some suggestions?

"Hi, I'm looking for a tragic anime. A struggling hero or anti-hero if anybody has any suggestions.
Something similar to
Ergo Proxy (this is essentially a perfect anime to me, dark and moody, some bits of humor thrown in. Excellent anime and fight sequences, and generally adult orientated.)
Darker than Black (loved this anime, again, dark and moody. Action orientated, ragic hero's tale)
Trigun (A bit more humor than I usually like but overall it fits the theme, action orientated and moments of sadness/dark thrown in)


If there's a love story or humor as well, that'd be a bonus and preferably an action orientated anime. Keep in mind, if it's a fairly popular anime, I've probably seen it. Sword art online, fml, naruto, etc, etc. "


Have you seen Welcome to the NHK? It sure as hell ain't an action anime, but it's protagonist might be the most anti-hero fellow since Holden Caulfield. It's a really fascinating show that isn't entirely tragic, but most certainly draws from a deep well of glazed emotions and deep disenchantment.

Ironically, I think you should really try A Woman Named Fujiko Mine. At first, you'll probably think it's rife with fan service and, in a way, it is. But I recommend you watch it for the full eleven episode ride. It's a brilliant evisceration of the Bond Girl type, which makes its frank sexuality all the more relevant. Also, the art design is completely gorgeous, and the characters get more and more fascinating as you journey through the full run. Moreover, it's just a whole lot of fun, if you're willing to indulge in the Lupin III style.

If you're in the mood for something truly dark, watch Texhnolyze. I don't have all that much to say about it, except holy crap.
18171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/22/13 , edited 7/22/13

iKiddx wrote:

[Request]
Name/ CR ID: iKiddx

I've been a huge fan of Sword Art Online, Hell Girl, Angel Beats, Black Butler and Soul Eater. The things that drawn me to them was more of the extreme twists (Aside from Soul Eater). SAO, Hell Girl, and Angel Beats all made me Cry. I personally think that anything that brings a tear to my eye deserves a 5 star rating, so I really enjoy watching them. I loved Soul Eater because of it's comedy, as it balances out all the emotional drama I watch all the time e_o . I've heard about Attack On Titan but I really don't like waiting for episodes to come out, I'm the type of person who will not start an anime until the entire series is Published on the web. So I would really like an already finished Anime Series, I don't mind the size of a series(Unless it's in the 100s episodes, It's sort of looks unappealing to me because I fear of Filters) as long as It's completed.

I've watched: SAO, Hell Girl, Angel Beats, Black Butler, Soul Eater, Fairy Tail, Air Gear, Say "I Love you", Darker than Black, Blue Exorcist, etc.


I don't watch many of those shows, although I've tried a decent number. They just aren't my scene. Of similarly popular shows that orient around fun badassery, I'd say the only one I've ever truly enjoyed was A Certain Scientific Railgun. If you haven't seen that, I recommend it highly, and way more than A Certain Magical Index. It's a show with some crazy animation, some goofy pseudo-sci fi, more than a dash of humor, and some pathos to boot. I really enjoyed it.

And hell, why not try Baccano!? That show is legit, with plenty of humor and action. Some of the characterizations are awesome, and it's the only show I think is actually pretty hysterical as dubbed. Seriously, Ladd Russo is awesome dubbed.
First  Prev  829  830  831  832  833  834  835  836  837  838  839  840  841  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.