First  Prev  833  834  835  836  837  838  839  840  841  842  843  844  845  Next  Last
Post Reply Recommend me an Anime! **Read First Post!**
23555 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Neither here, nor...
Offline
Posted 7/28/13
Looking for an anime that is similar to Claymore. That is one of the best series that I have watched.
6013 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/29/13
I guess I'm also looking for some kind of anime that has some action, ideally a bit of romance, and has some sort of society or community that it's centered on. Or at least a kind of tight-knit community.

May sound stupid. But that was one of my favorite parts of Gargantia!
11278 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/29/13
So... just finished watching Clannad After Story after many on here recommended it.
It was just meh for several episodes, It was still entertaining though and since I had already invested so much time in it, I decided to keep going and then BOOM! everything happened(towards the end). To be honest I sort of saw it coming SPOILER*** the death of Nagisa, it was like, come on already, if she's gonna die, make it happen. What fallowed was unexpected, at least to me it was. Him not being able to cope with it, being super depressed, having no interest in his daughter, etc... I was glad I stuck with it to see the ending. I shed a few tears. Anyhow, it wasn't perfect by any means but still good. Guess I'm a romantic at heart.
Needless to say, I'm back for more.
I'm currently watching Attack on TItan, though to be honest I've almost lost all interest.
Also Miraii Nikki, I think I'm on episode 12 or something like that. I stopped to focus more on Clannad but I will resuming it now.
I am also watching A Town Where You Live which has me totally hooked even though it's only been 3 episodes, I hate when I start watching something that currently airing and can't just marathon my way through. Oh well....

Before that I watched Steins Gate(which I really liked) and Blast of Tempest(which i LOVED).
I've heard good things about Guilty Crown but I'm not sure if it will be my cup of tea... WOuld you recommend it based on the stuff I like?
What other anime would you recommend? I really like sad depressing stuff but also nostalgia provoking type of anime. I didn't like Clannad having 5 ot 6 girls who were in love with him or whatever... that's a bit... I don't know...

So there, sorry for the long post. Please recommend away!
436 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20
Offline
Posted 7/29/13

lgfaver wrote:
Sad. Depressing. Nostalgic.


Two people comes to mind.

Makoto Shinkai AND Gen Urobuchi~ Search for their works on MyAnimeList.
11278 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/29/13
I also watched 5 centimeters per second. That was exactly the kind of stuff I really dig. Unfortunately it was a movie and a short one at that.
Anyone knows of a series similar to it? I loved the animation, it was all top notch.
436 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20
Offline
Posted 7/29/13

lgfaver wrote:

I also watched 5 centimeters per second. That was exactly the kind of stuff I really dig. Unfortunately it was a movie and a short one at that.
Anyone knows of a series similar to it? I loved the animation, it was all top notch.


ef: A Tale of Memories

and

Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora
wyrvan 
32520 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M
Offline
Posted 7/29/13

zorphon wrote:

I guess I'm also looking for some kind of anime that has some action, ideally a bit of romance, and has some sort of society or community that it's centered on. Or at least a kind of tight-knit community.

May sound stupid. But that was one of my favorite parts of Gargantia!


If you don't mind a show that can get really dark and depressing Shin Sekai Yori might work. Far future sci-fi story about a group of kids who as they grow up learn the history of their community and the dark secrets that sustain it.

On a lighter note, Problem Children are Coming from Another World, aren't they? is just plain fun. It takes place in the world of Little Garden. The world is built around the gift games and the communities that have formed to support the games and the players. The MCs get invited to Little Garden from their home dimensions and times and join a community that lost a gift game with a demon lord and now needs a lot of help.

If you don't mind sports type action Chihayafuru is terrific. About a high school competitive 100 poets karuta club, if you want a well made show with some action and romance, this is the show.

Hope this helps and all three shows are on CR.
6013 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/29/13 , edited 7/29/13

wyrvan wrote:


zorphon wrote:

I guess I'm also looking for some kind of anime that has some action, ideally a bit of romance, and has some sort of society or community that it's centered on. Or at least a kind of tight-knit community.

May sound stupid. But that was one of my favorite parts of Gargantia!


If you don't mind a show that can get really dark and depressing Shin Sekai Yori might work. Far future sci-fi story about a group of kids who as they grow up learn the history of their community and the dark secrets that sustain it.

On a lighter note, Problem Children are Coming from Another World, aren't they? is just plain fun. It takes place in the world of Little Garden. The world is built around the gift games and the communities that have formed to support the games and the players. The MCs get invited to Little Garden from their home dimensions and times and join a community that lost a gift game with a demon lord and now needs a lot of help.

If you don't mind sports type action Chihayafuru is terrific. About a high school competitive 100 poets karuta club, if you want a well made show with some action and romance, this is the show.

Hope this helps and all three shows are on CR.


Thanks so much! Both Problem Children Are Coming From Another World, Aren't They? as well as Shinsekai yori look good, and being on CR is a nice bonus. However I still am looking for a kind of action anime with my very general interests that's around some kind of tropical/sea/home-y feeling place, like Gargantia. That probably makes no sense. I'll definitely check these two out though, thanks!


As a side note, anybody know anything like Blast of Tempest? Just finished this and honestly one of my all-time fav animes now!
1543 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 7/29/13

lgfaver wrote:

I also watched 5 centimeters per second. That was exactly the kind of stuff I really dig. Unfortunately it was a movie and a short one at that.
Anyone knows of a series similar to it? I loved the animation, it was all top notch.


Kotonoha No Niwa reccomend it's short, but sweet.
7035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 7/29/13
Although new, check out The Eccentric Family it's about a family of Tanuki.
7035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 7/29/13
You should check out macros frontier
11278 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/29/13

BasedonFiction wrote:


lgfaver wrote:

I also watched 5 centimeters per second. That was exactly the kind of stuff I really dig. Unfortunately it was a movie and a short one at that.
Anyone knows of a series similar to it? I loved the animation, it was all top notch.


Kotonoha No Niwa reccomend it's short, but sweet.


I liked it, thanks! animation was pretty good too. Unfortunately it felt a bit cut short and the ending felt... I don't know, just unfinished.
But it was cool.
I am looking for something like it but with many episodes.
7 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 7/30/13
kotonoha no niwa has great graphics? anything such like that? please recommend. i love good graphic.
6013 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/30/13
Anybody know some good anime like Blast of Tempest, that are solid plot and good character development, with some action and ideally a romantic sideplot? Loved it.. Marathoned the hell out of it.
9103 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Morristown, TN.
Offline
Posted 7/30/13
Shows I'm interested in & watch(in order of preference, from most to least.): Bleach, Gintama, Naruto, My Teen Romatic Comedy SNAFU, Majestic Prince, Oreimo.

Would someone recommend me something?
First  Prev  833  834  835  836  837  838  839  840  841  842  843  844  845  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.