First  Prev  835  836  837  838  839  840  841  842  843  844  845  846  847  Next  Last
Post Reply Recommend me an Anime! **Read First Post!**
15040 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 7/31/13
So I have been watching a lot of action animes and I want more.

These are the animes I have watched (and still am watching) and love.
Bleach, One Piece, Naruto, Beelzebub (sucks it ends), Fairy Tail, Hitman Reborn, Jo Jo's bizarre adventure, FMA and FMAB, Hellsing and Hellsing Ultimate, Death Note and probably more.
Added more

Steins Gates, Historys Strongest Disciple Kenichi, Attack on Titan, Deadman Wonderland, Arata the legend. Mushibugyo, DBZ, Hunter X Hunter (Both series)
Blue Exorcist,

Can anyone recommend some animes I might like? I have watched more than that but I didn't list them/ Can't think off the top of my head. Thanks for the help.

To help narrow things down a bit. This is my favorite type of anime.

I like animes where there is a guy that gets or has some sort of skill. Either a super power or some type of sword skills. I usually enjoy supernatural (Like bleach and Fairy Tail) over realism like Samurai Champloo. I don't mind expanding my anime reach but that would be my favorite. Something where the guy gets stronger each fight or learns something new.
Just good action animes.
Hard to explain.

I also like a guess a different style of anime too. Stuff like Death Note and Steins gate. I enjoyed both of these.

Finished watching Mirai Nikki. Oh I loved that show a lot too. Thanks to TrueGoober for recommending it to me.

Here again to try to get some more recommendations.
1543 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 7/31/13

CrimsonFinality wrote:

I've asked this several times so this will be my last but I'm really trying to find a dark or Gothic, pure romance anime. Pure as in it's one of the main aspect of the story and is conclusive. Love, Confession, Dating. The closest I've come to are Elfen Lied, Rin, Kara no Kyokai, Dance In The Vampire Bund, Mirai Nikki, Sola, Tsukihime

One example would be if you took Nightmare from Date-A-Live or Saeko Busujime from HSOTD and put them into a true romance anime.

If there is no anime like this but you know of a manga that would work too.

Thanks for the help.


I reccomend Another I'm tired and I dont want to explain it so ANN plot go!:

Plot Summary: When Kōichi Sasakibara transfers to his new school, he can sense something frightening in the atmosphere of his new class, a secret none of them will talk about. At the center is the beautiful girl Mei Misaki. Kōichi is immediately drawn to her mysterious aura, but then he begins to realize that no one else in the class is aware of her presence.


Do you like dark comedy? Cause I do. My second suggestion is: Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei not much plot but I love the linear charaters and dark overtones of the anime/manga.
1543 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 7/31/13


Rurouni Kenshin can't go wrong with this anime.
15040 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 7/31/13

BasedonFiction wrote:



Rurouni Kenshin can't go wrong with this anime.


Watched that show already :p
16082 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/31/13 , edited 7/31/13
So I may have a fairly strange request but hopefully someone out there can recommend one for me.

I am looking for a modern day anime that has a non-japanese character in the starring role, who is currently or will be living in Japan. And I would prefer an anime that is slice of life based. Say, person chooses/is forced to come and live in Japan and finds new life/love there or something along those lines as an example.

I don't think those parameters should be too hard to fill, but I am having a hard time searching for something like that..

Thanks to anyone who can suggest anything!!
27275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
57 / M / Quirm
Offline
Posted 8/1/13

Inkerlink wrote:I am looking for a modern day anime that has a non-japanese character in the starring role, who is currently or will be living in Japan. And I would prefer an anime that is slice of life based. Say, person chooses/is forced to come and live in Japan and finds new life/love there or something along those lines as an example.
/kinmoza fills that requirement, but make sure to have plenty of insulin and a toothbrush close at hand...

11325 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Small town, Japan
Offline
Posted 8/1/13
Trying to find out if there is any anime series that is similar to Nodame Cantabile. Just finished watching the entire series and couldn't get enough.
11325 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Small town, Japan
Offline
Posted 8/1/13
I can't really think of any anime, but if you like manga/webcomics you should give Megatokyo, its exactly what you are looking for
27275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
57 / M / Quirm
Offline
Posted 8/1/13

Crowmando wrote:Trying to find out if there is any anime series that is similar to Nodame Cantabile. Just finished watching the entire series and couldn't get enough.
If you don't mind a live K-drama instead of animation, you could give /beethoven-virus a try...
16082 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/1/13

asharka wrote:


Inkerlink wrote:I am looking for a modern day anime that has a non-japanese character in the starring role, who is currently or will be living in Japan. And I would prefer an anime that is slice of life based. Say, person chooses/is forced to come and live in Japan and finds new life/love there or something along those lines as an example.
/kinmoza fills that requirement, but make sure to have plenty of insulin and a toothbrush close at hand...



Other than the main character being Japanese, yes this actually looks promising! I'll start watching this right now, but keep my eye out for more. So far, Shinobu seems like a cutie. :3
12338 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / AZ
Offline
Posted 8/1/13
hey im looking for a new anime to watch.
im looking for an action, fantasy, with good visuals, plot, and character development
16082 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/2/13

nickgotsballs wrote:

hey im looking for a new anime to watch.
im looking for an action, fantasy, with good visuals, plot, and character development


How about Claymore?
wyrvan 
32520 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M
Offline
Posted 8/3/13

furytime wrote:

So I have been watching a lot of action animes and I want more.

These are the animes I have watched (and still am watching) and love.
Bleach, One Piece, Naruto, Beelzebub (sucks it ends), Fairy Tail, Hitman Reborn, Jo Jo's bizarre adventure, FMA and FMAB, Hellsing and Hellsing Ultimate, Death Note and probably more.
Added more

Steins Gates, Historys Strongest Disciple Kenichi, Attack on Titan, Deadman Wonderland, Arata the legend. Mushibugyo, DBZ, Hunter X Hunter (Both series)
Blue Exorcist,

Can anyone recommend some animes I might like? I have watched more than that but I didn't list them/ Can't think off the top of my head. Thanks for the help.

To help narrow things down a bit. This is my favorite type of anime.

I like animes where there is a guy that gets or has some sort of skill. Either a super power or some type of sword skills. I usually enjoy supernatural (Like bleach and Fairy Tail) over realism like Samurai Champloo. I don't mind expanding my anime reach but that would be my favorite. Something where the guy gets stronger each fight or learns something new.
Just good action animes.
Hard to explain.

I also like a guess a different style of anime too. Stuff like Death Note and Steins gate. I enjoyed both of these.

Finished watching Mirai Nikki. Oh I loved that show a lot too. Thanks to TrueGoober for recommending it to me.

Here again to try to get some more recommendations.


Have you tried Soul Eater yet? It fits in pretty well with what you already listed. (Funi / Hulu)

Its not supernatural, but check out Gurren Lagann. It most definitely follows the pattern for the type of anime your looking for. (CR)
22444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 8/3/13

furytime wrote:

Finished watching Mirai Nikki. Oh I loved that show a lot too. Thanks to TrueGoober for recommending it to me.


No problem :3
15040 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 8/3/13

wyrvan wrote:


furytime wrote:

So I have been watching a lot of action animes and I want more.

These are the animes I have watched (and still am watching) and love.
Bleach, One Piece, Naruto, Beelzebub (sucks it ends), Fairy Tail, Hitman Reborn, Jo Jo's bizarre adventure, FMA and FMAB, Hellsing and Hellsing Ultimate, Death Note and probably more.
Added more

Steins Gates, Historys Strongest Disciple Kenichi, Attack on Titan, Deadman Wonderland, Arata the legend. Mushibugyo, DBZ, Hunter X Hunter (Both series)
Blue Exorcist,

Can anyone recommend some animes I might like? I have watched more than that but I didn't list them/ Can't think off the top of my head. Thanks for the help.

To help narrow things down a bit. This is my favorite type of anime.

I like animes where there is a guy that gets or has some sort of skill. Either a super power or some type of sword skills. I usually enjoy supernatural (Like bleach and Fairy Tail) over realism like Samurai Champloo. I don't mind expanding my anime reach but that would be my favorite. Something where the guy gets stronger each fight or learns something new.
Just good action animes.
Hard to explain.

I also like a guess a different style of anime too. Stuff like Death Note and Steins gate. I enjoyed both of these.

Finished watching Mirai Nikki. Oh I loved that show a lot too. Thanks to TrueGoober for recommending it to me.

Here again to try to get some more recommendations.


Have you tried Soul Eater yet? It fits in pretty well with what you already listed. (Funi / Hulu)

Its not supernatural, but check out Gurren Lagann. It most definitely follows the pattern for the type of anime your looking for. (CR)


I watched Soul Eater it was pretty good. Gurren Lagann is a mech anime. I have a hard time getting into mech animes unfortunately. I might watch it but I'd rather other animes. Thanks for the recommendations though.
First  Prev  835  836  837  838  839  840  841  842  843  844  845  846  847  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.