First  Prev  931  932  933  934  935  936  937  938  939  940  941  942  943  Next  Last
Post Reply Recommend me an Anime! **Read First Post!**
9024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 5/5/14
Hey there. If you're looking for more horror-type anime, I would definitely recommend Elfen Lied. It's definitely a more mature anime. Other than that, Another is worth checking out too. And one of my personal favorites, Mirai Nikki (Future Diary).
Elfen Lied, I believe is on Hulu
Another is here on Crunchyroll
Mirai Nikki is on Funimation
1079 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/5/14

Spark1190 wrote:

Hey there. If you're looking for more horror-type anime, I would definitely recommend Elfen Lied. It's definitely a more mature anime. Other than that, Another is worth checking out too. And one of my personal favorites, Mirai Nikki (Future Diary).
Elfen Lied, I believe is on Hulu
Another is here on Crunchyroll
Mirai Nikki is on Funimation


Ah thank you, I will take a look at those :3 I also would love to watch the Death note anime (loved the movies), but I can't find it anywhere
15 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 5/5/14
Hello everyone, for quite some time now I have been searching for the perfect anime for me to watch, but all the suggestions from friends or reviewers ended up making me watch a few episodes of some anime and then stopping, because I didnt like it... So I want to make this post as detailed as possible to make you understand what kind of genres I am in to, and hopefully you can help me find the perfect anime for me . But before I start I just want to clear some things: 1.) I know you cant judge an anime by a few episodes, but the ones I tryed watching didnt really intrest me so much. 2.) I have watched and LOVED for the most part the following animes: Naruto ( The actuall best part of naruto for me was the Pain arc)-This tells you what kind of characters I like, Bleach ( I loved seeing the progression of Ichigo throughout the series), Darker thank black (Heis alter personality changes if you wish to call them that way really intrigued me ) , Deadman Wonderland ( Shiro was probably one of the best female characters in anime for me ) ,Elfen lied. - These arent all the animes I watched but are my lets say top 5. I am lets say " new " to the whole anime world, I was introduced to it by a friend who has watched a ton of them , but our tastes vary, and for the most part we like totally opposite genres. So yeah, what I think for me would be an awesome anime is something with a lot of violence,blood,fighting/sword fighting- a good story is a must, I dont mind romance but a bit too much of it is too much. Id also like for the protagonist not to be some pus**, but he doesent have to be a badass either.Another thing to note is that I LOVE SUPERNATURAL. And now for the things I absolutely HATE: Mechas, guns( I dont mind guns, but if an anime is stricktly based on a lot of gun fighting I dont like it ), Vampires, School/children. So yeah I know I might be harsh or weird but thats just my taste ^^ So please reply your suggestions and soory for the long post !
6391 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 5/6/14

Dexx025 wrote:




You may like to check out Fate/zero, Attack on titan, and the Kara no Kyoukai movies, these seem to fit you criteria (but all tend to be dialogue heavy). Black Lagoon matches aswell except its gun heavy. If you liked Deadman Wonderland you may like Mirai Nikki but the MC is a bit of a pus**.
15 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 5/6/14 , edited 5/6/14
Thx for the reply, Ive seen mirai nikki and hated the main char yeah ^^ I will check out the other ones you listed thx
20735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Bellingham WA, USA
Online
Posted 5/6/14

LittleRaeJay wrote:


Spark1190 wrote:

Hey there. If you're looking for more horror-type anime, I would definitely recommend Elfen Lied. It's definitely a more mature anime. Other than that, Another is worth checking out too. And one of my personal favorites, Mirai Nikki (Future Diary).
Elfen Lied, I believe is on Hulu
Another is here on Crunchyroll
Mirai Nikki is on Funimation


Ah thank you, I will take a look at those :3 I also would love to watch the Death note anime (loved the movies), but I can't find it anywhere :(


http://www.hulu.com/death-note - That is, if you live in the US.

Also if you're looking for a mature anime with a ridiculously good story you should check out Steins;Gate. It isn't a horror, but it does have some very dark moments even though there's also a ton of comedy interspersed as well. It's an extremely highly rated anime and is on most top 10 lists.

http://www.hulu.com/steinsgate
http://www.funimation.com/shows/steins-gate
1079 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/6/14

Spark1190 wrote:

Hey there. If you're looking for more horror-type anime, I would definitely recommend Elfen Lied. It's definitely a more mature anime. Other than that, Another is worth checking out too. And one of my personal favorites, Mirai Nikki (Future Diary).
Elfen Lied, I believe is on Hulu
Another is here on Crunchyroll
Mirai Nikki is on Funimation


OMG I'm HOOKED on Elfin Lied. Absolutely hooked. Thanks for suggesting it!! I can't get Hulu but I found a website called Anime Waffles that offers basically the sub/dub of basically all modern anime series.




Balzack wrote:


LittleRaeJay wrote:


Spark1190 wrote:

Hey there. If you're looking for more horror-type anime, I would definitely recommend Elfen Lied. It's definitely a more mature anime. Other than that, Another is worth checking out too. And one of my personal favorites, Mirai Nikki (Future Diary).
Elfen Lied, I believe is on Hulu
Another is here on Crunchyroll
Mirai Nikki is on Funimation


Ah thank you, I will take a look at those :3 I also would love to watch the Death note anime (loved the movies), but I can't find it anywhere :(


http://www.hulu.com/death-note - That is, if you live in the US.

Also if you're looking for a mature anime with a ridiculously good story you should check out Steins;Gate. It isn't a horror, but it does have some very dark moments even though there's also a ton of comedy interspersed as well. It's an extremely highly rated anime and is on most top 10 lists.

http://www.hulu.com/steinsgate
http://www.funimation.com/shows/steins-gate


I'll check out Stein's Gate, thanks for the suggestion! Sounds interesting!

5118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 5/6/14
Didn't really get an answer for my last post, I'm going to try to be more specific.

I'm looking for an anime that will blow me away. An EPIC masterpiece. Epic is the only word I can use to describe what I look for the most. Gurren Lagann would be a perfect example.

Is there an anime that is more epic than gurren?

I prefer the protagonist to be fighting for a large cause, (like the world, universe, etc). Something that has great risk if they failed. I don't mind romance.

I highly prefer well animated fights with great music.

I can't stress this enough but over all I prefer an anime with EPIC moments.

I have seen around 10 animes in total, so please don't hesitate to recommend me the best of the best(most known).

Thanks in advance.
15 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 5/6/14

Naymeless wrote:

Didn't really get an answer for my last post, I'm going to try to be more specific.

I'm looking for an anime that will blow me away. An EPIC masterpiece. Epic is the only word I can use to describe what I look for the most. Gurren Lagann would be a perfect example.

Is there an anime that is more epic than gurren?

I prefer the protagonist to be fighting for a large cause, (like the world, universe, etc). Something that has great risk if they failed. I don't mind romance.

I highly prefer well animated fights with great music.

I can't stress this enough but over all I prefer an anime with EPIC moments.

I have seen around 10 animes in total, so please don't hesitate to recommend me the best of the best(most known).

Thanks in advance.


Hey, something EPIC like gurren lagann hmm.. I would recomend Shin Seiki Evangelion, here is a cool amv that really shows of how EPIC this anime is : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rMcBwbZbKM
5118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 5/6/14

Dexx025 wrote:


Naymeless wrote:

Didn't really get an answer for my last post, I'm going to try to be more specific.

I'm looking for an anime that will blow me away. An EPIC masterpiece. Epic is the only word I can use to describe what I look for the most. Gurren Lagann would be a perfect example.

Is there an anime that is more epic than gurren?

I prefer the protagonist to be fighting for a large cause, (like the world, universe, etc). Something that has great risk if they failed. I don't mind romance.

I highly prefer well animated fights with great music.

I can't stress this enough but over all I prefer an anime with EPIC moments.

I have seen around 10 animes in total, so please don't hesitate to recommend me the best of the best(most known).

Thanks in advance.


Hey, something EPIC like gurren lagann hmm.. I would recomend Shin Seiki Evangelion, here is a cool amv that really shows of how EPIC this anime is : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rMcBwbZbKM


Sorry I'm a little confused, is this different from neon genesis evangelion?
15 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 5/6/14 , edited 5/6/14

Naymeless wrote:


Dexx025 wrote:


Naymeless wrote:

Didn't really get an answer for my last post, I'm going to try to be more specific.

I'm looking for an anime that will blow me away. An EPIC masterpiece. Epic is the only word I can use to describe what I look for the most. Gurren Lagann would be a perfect example.

Is there an anime that is more epic than gurren?

I prefer the protagonist to be fighting for a large cause, (like the world, universe, etc). Something that has great risk if they failed. I don't mind romance.

I highly prefer well animated fights with great music.

I can't stress this enough but over all I prefer an anime with EPIC moments.

I have seen around 10 animes in total, so please don't hesitate to recommend me the best of the best(most known).

Thanks in advance.


Hey, something EPIC like gurren lagann hmm.. I would recomend Shin Seiki Evangelion, here is a cool amv that really shows of how EPIC this anime is : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rMcBwbZbKM


Sorry I'm a little confused, is this different from neon genesis evangelion?


Its the same anime its just a different name that adds a meaning to it, I think ( Neon Genesis Evangelion], "Shin Seiki Evangerion", lit. New Century Evangelion)

7656 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Online
Posted 5/6/14 , edited 5/6/14

Naymeless wrote:

I just some need help picking which anime to watch next. LOVED gurren lagann and have 3 more episodes until I'm finished with Kil la kill.

I want to watch the most EPIC of the list. Basically with badass epic moments.

Elfin lied
Berserk
Monster
Needless
Code Geass
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Cowboy Bebop
FMA Brotherhood

I haven't seen any of them unfortunately.

Thanks in advance.


Hmmm, I'll do my best...

Baccano!-I would certainly describe this show as epic. While it starts off slow (meaning the first episode), it contains amazing fight scenes, converging plot lines and tons of great characters, some of which are 100% insane. At times there is so much going on that it can get a little confusing but I have seen it multiple times and I still find myself smirking ear to ear whenever I watch it.

FLCL-I'm sure you've seen this show but I will list it anyways. This show is an absolute classic, that is off the wall crazy and absolutely wonderful. For your first watch, just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Death Note-Another one that pretty much every anime fan should watch. I tend to recommend Monster to people who liked this show so maybe the same thing works the other way around...

Movies: Red Line (for its amazing action)

Honorable Mentions: Birdy the Mighty (for season 2's beautiful fight scenes), Durarara (as a similar show to Baccano), Kyousougiga (the plot is fairly small but things can get pretty crazy)

EDIT: I don't really think it is possible for there to be an anime "more epic" than TTGL...that is really as big as things get
5118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 5/6/14

Dexx025 wrote:


Naymeless wrote:


Dexx025 wrote:


Naymeless wrote:

Didn't really get an answer for my last post, I'm going to try to be more specific.

I'm looking for an anime that will blow me away. An EPIC masterpiece. Epic is the only word I can use to describe what I look for the most. Gurren Lagann would be a perfect example.

Is there an anime that is more epic than gurren?

I prefer the protagonist to be fighting for a large cause, (like the world, universe, etc). Something that has great risk if they failed. I don't mind romance.

I highly prefer well animated fights with great music.

I can't stress this enough but over all I prefer an anime with EPIC moments.

I have seen around 10 animes in total, so please don't hesitate to recommend me the best of the best(most known).

Thanks in advance.


Hey, something EPIC like gurren lagann hmm.. I would recomend Shin Seiki Evangelion, here is a cool amv that really shows of how EPIC this anime is : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rMcBwbZbKM


Sorry I'm a little confused, is this different from neon genesis evangelion?


Its the same anime its just a different name that adds a meaning to it, I think ( Neon Genesis Evangelion], "Shin Seiki Evangerion", lit. New Century Evangelion)



ahh, because that AMV was pretty good quality it seemed. When I go to watch it however, it only streams in 480.

5118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 5/6/14

sundin13 wrote:


Naymeless wrote:

I just some need help picking which anime to watch next. LOVED gurren lagann and have 3 more episodes until I'm finished with Kil la kill.

I want to watch the most EPIC of the list. Basically with badass epic moments.

Elfin lied
Berserk
Monster
Needless
Code Geass
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Cowboy Bebop
FMA Brotherhood

I haven't seen any of them unfortunately.

Thanks in advance.


Hmmm, I'll do my best...

Baccano!-I would certainly describe this show as epic. While it starts off slow (meaning the first episode), it contains amazing fight scenes, converging plot lines and tons of great characters, some of which are 100% insane. At times there is so much going on that it can get a little confusing but I have seen it multiple times and I still find myself smirking ear to ear whenever I watch it.

FLCL-I'm sure you've seen this show but I will list it anyways. This show is an absolute classic, that is off the wall crazy and absolutely wonderful. For your first watch, just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Movies: Red Line (for its amazing action)

Honorable Mentions: Birdy the Mighty (for season 2's beautiful fight scenes), Durarara (as a similar show to Baccano), Kyousougiga (the plot is fairly small but things can get pretty crazy)


Baccano was actually on my list! I'll definitely check that out.

I've heard of FLCL but only 6 episodes? I'm sure it's great so I'll knock that out in a day, one day.

Thanks for the response.
7656 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Online
Posted 5/6/14

Naymeless wrote:
Baccano was actually on my list! I'll definitely check that out.

I've heard of FLCL but only 6 episodes? I'm sure it's great so I'll knock that out in a day, one day.

Thanks for the response.


I edited my post and added Death Note to the list if you haven't seen that yet...

Also, yeah, FLCL is only 6 episodes, but it is the type of show that warrants multiple viewings. I have seen it three times and I am working on my fourth right now!
First  Prev  931  932  933  934  935  936  937  938  939  940  941  942  943  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.