First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
how far is to far into anime
1755 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 6/19/11

Half-Bliss wrote:


So it is that you have gone possibly too far into it yourself. For me, I know what is right, and draw the boundary lines between reality/fantasy, though that took getting pretty far in to be capable of it. The importance of family and everything else precious is insofar where it does a person any good. How many dysfunctional families have there bee due to petty differences and numerous mismanagement issues? Far too many. As for our professions, (if any) some of us do what we have to to support our chosen ways of life. We function singularly aside outside influences. There are plenty of times where I felt the need to be reclusive. In these moments, I gain further insight into things few others do, and that enhances me. I would question my motives if not for the realizations I experienced following my observations of those pursuing a conventional path, and how blundering it can be when they throw everything into it with an attitude similar to reckless abandon with a lack of planning. Wing and a prayer rarely works.


I don't think I have, at least. I think I can draw the boundary lines, and I don't exactly go around buying anime merchandise. And my relationship with friends and family is fine.

You wrote "Family is just an illusion, also.". What I meant by seeing where you are coming from is that I can see how some people do think that family is worthless and a waste of time. Mostly from anime.
11243 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / BC, Canada =P
Offline
Posted 6/19/11
How far is too far?

When one doesn't get a boner from a third-dimensional being and only wanks off on two dimensional beings...
6308 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Virginia, USA
Offline
Posted 6/19/11
Sounds to me like the OP is more embarrassed by the actions of other anime fans than his own. If people want to interact publicly as a way to express the anime interests/hobby/addiction/etc. then what is it to me? As long as they are not being destructive or an actual public nuisance then let them be. I myself get embarrassed by the occasional weeaboo proclivities of individuals publicly and privately but I'm not going to go so far as to say they take their interests to far and should be shunned. Most hardcore anime fans typically aren't the 'social butterfly' types to begin with so any interaction with others in the real world I believe is a good thing.
48255 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / dawsonville GA,
Offline
Posted 6/20/11

YuSooKey wrote:

Sounds to me like the OP is more embarrassed by the actions of other anime fans than his own. If people want to interact publicly as a way to express the anime interests/hobby/addiction/etc. then what is it to me? As long as they are not being destructive or an actual public nuisance then let them be. I myself get embarrassed by the occasional weeaboo proclivities of individuals publicly and privately but I'm not going to go so far as to say they take their interests to far and should be shunned. Most hardcore anime fans typically aren't the 'social butterfly' types to begin with so any interaction with others in the real world I believe is a good thing.


you say that but the problem with them doing it in public is
1. making a mockery of the anime itself and the art form.
2. drives other people away who would possible enjoy anime themselves if they gave it a try but are afraid of the people.
3. causing a major steriotype
4. they are the cause of the non social butterfly types cause they cause those steriotypes and people are shunned because of it.

btw that comment about not being a social butterfly when your a hardcore anime fan i find that the ones that are hardcore and see it as a great form of entertainment are the most social cause they don't make idiots out of themselves and see anime for what it is. the ones that act like idiots half the time never even watched more then 3-4 animes and all the ones they did are late night/morning dubs that come on tv which i horribly dubed and storylines changes to fit a different age group then they were originally made for. (at least i know this is true over here in america)

lets put it this way what situation would you rather have go on when someone tries to get someone else into anime

situation 1: the non-anime fan asks the anime fan what anime is all about and why its so great. the anime fan then immediately starts describing scenes and acts them out in a fashion that would make you think hes turned into a 3 year old.

situation 2: same thing with to start with but the anime fan starts to describe all the different genres and how great the storylining is compared to other forms of entertainment and how in depth it gets with its characters. (i always describe how its like reading a book but its animated cause of how detailed they can get when going from the book its based on to anime form)

i believe situation 2 is alot better cause honestly the anime fans that act out tend to scare me a bit.
41229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Hawaii
Offline
Posted 6/20/11

andydono wrote:

How far is too far?

When one doesn't get a boner from a third-dimensional being and only wanks off on two dimensional beings...


True, true
66778 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Lagrange, KY
Offline
Posted 6/20/11

redlinerenegade wrote:


andydono wrote:

How far is too far?

When one doesn't get a boner from a third-dimensional being and only wanks off on two dimensional beings...


True, true


what about a perv like me that wanks to both? I like cute girls dressing up as anime characters.. ahem yeah moving on, op if your still there you should have worded it "Where do you draw the line with anime fans."
11243 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / BC, Canada =P
Offline
Posted 6/20/11

Cecilthedarkknight234 wrote:

what about a perv like me that wanks to both? I like cute girls dressing up as anime characters..


There's nothing with fabbing to art drawn in a sexual manner, its only wrong if that's the only thing that turns the person on. I suggest people with that disorder to be diagnose with a reality check.
1487 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F
Offline
Posted 6/20/11 , edited 6/20/11
"Too far" is when you can't distinguish reality and fantasy....and being extreme enough that strangers in public KNOW there's something wrong with you.

Example:

Cosplaying EVERY DAY really isn't socially acceptable behavior.....

If anime/manga is also the ONLY thing you can think about, the ONLY thing you can talk about, so much that others cannot stand to be around you any longer, it's time to ease up and learn other things, get other hobbies, etc.
1069 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Under The Sea
Offline
Posted 6/20/11 , edited 6/20/11
Who cares if people are going crazy in public and putting anime to shame, It doesn't hurt the anime industry one bit.

So what if other people don't get into anime, they just don't like stereotypes.

So people can go as far as they want, because they sure as hell don't care about what others think of them.
Posted 6/20/11

Anded991 wrote:


situation 1: the non-anime fan asks the anime fan what anime is all about and why its so great. the anime fan then immediately starts describing scenes and acts them out in a fashion that would make you think hes turned into a 3 year old.



My God, I hope this will never happen to me. Seriously how do you end up meeting these people? Do you live in the Twilight Zone?

Just ignore these fucktards. As long as you're happy with a good social life. (and enjoy anime of course, don't let them put you off watching something you like...)
15746 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / 昼寝の王国
Offline
Posted 6/21/11

Anded991 wrote:


I'm exhausted so I'm going to keep this real simple. Mind your own fucking business. You're way too judgemental. There are much worse things than an anime addiction.
48255 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / dawsonville GA,
Offline
Posted 6/21/11

Han_Solo wrote:


Anded991 wrote:


situation 1: the non-anime fan asks the anime fan what anime is all about and why its so great. the anime fan then immediately starts describing scenes and acts them out in a fashion that would make you think hes turned into a 3 year old.



My God, I hope this will never happen to me. Seriously how do you end up meeting these people? Do you live in the Twilight Zone?

Just ignore these fucktards. As long as you're happy with a good social life. (and enjoy anime of course, don't let them put you off watching something you like...)


its called that some people take things to far and its not hard to meet them its harder to avoid them.
1487 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F
Offline
Posted 6/21/11

1truekill3r wrote:


So people can go as far as they want, because they sure as hell don't care about what others think of them.


This is bad if those people ever hope to get a job and become a successful adult.

7043 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 6/21/11

Anded991 wrote:

i see people getting into who's the cutest character and stuff and getting into hentai and all the other stuff that goes along with that. but my personal opinion is thats a good bit to far. animes are a great art form of art and can have really great storylines that are deeper then any other form of visual entertainment. but how far is far enough and how far is to far. could i get some other opinions on this and does anyone agree with me on this? cause i believe it's people taking it to far into their normal lives that gives this great industry a bad name.


This is hard to say I believe that people should be able to be into what ever they like, unless it harms people or is a legal, but when you look at anime from the out side people just don't get it! its a very unique world.

66778 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Lagrange, KY
Offline
Posted 6/21/11

Chiibihime wrote:


1truekill3r wrote:


So people can go as far as they want, because they sure as hell don't care about what others think of them.


This is bad if those people ever hope to get a job and become a successful adult.



then they commit suicide and don't add the population"Darwinism at it's finest" Yes i am being a bit of dick on this but there are 7 billion people on the planet. It's next to impossible to care about every last human that exist. "yes I know it sounds cynical.." moving on I had a job at one point and was making 9.50 an hour since I was there for 5 years, I will not go in to detail what happened but even some like me who is a lolicon, eroge freak can hold down a job and keep my hobbies to myself.

First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.