First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
What are you grateful for?
7430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / New York
Offline
Posted 6/25/11
So, as the title says.

What are you grateful for?

I'll start.

Originally, my answer was friends, family, and our fair financial situation.

But I thought about it for a while, and the thing I am most grateful for is color.


And I mean it both figuratively and literally.

A lot of people don't realize the value of it. Can you imagine yourself being colorblind? Or seeing only in black and white? The pain of the contrast and neutrality, and when you hear others describe a color unknown to you and exclaiming how beautiful it is, but of course, you'd never know. As an artist, I wouldn't be able to do it. Picking up a color and not even knowing what it looks like, what it clashes with, if I have just ruined my painting, or made it brilliant.

Figuratively, in this world, there is no black nor white. No good nor evil. Nothing is 100% bad or 100% good. That's why we need color.
58498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/25/11
I'm grateful for my girlfriend, because without her I don't really know what's the purpose of life.
440 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / England Baby!!!!
Offline
Posted 6/25/11
I'm gratefull for everything good in my life it keeps me sane
Posted 6/25/11
I've thought about being colour blind as well as being simply without the ability to see, because I also draw and and take photographs. I've thought about how it'd be to be deaf as well, and my hypothetical thoughts just kept going.

So I'm grateful to be able-bodied (and, for the most part, healthy). There shouldn't be anything in life one should take for granted.
Posted 6/25/11

RevolveSama wrote:

I'm grateful for my girlfriend, because without her I don't really know what's the purpose of life.


So, would you continue on if you lost her?
58498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/25/11

Half-Bliss wrote:


RevolveSama wrote:

I'm grateful for my girlfriend, because without her I don't really know what's the purpose of life.


So, would you continue on if you lost her?


to be dead honest, probably not.
Posted 6/25/11

RevolveSama wrote:


Half-Bliss wrote:


RevolveSama wrote:

I'm grateful for my girlfriend, because without her I don't really know what's the purpose of life.


So, would you continue on if you lost her?


to be dead honest, probably not.


Even knowing there are other people out there who might appreciate your company?
58498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/25/11

Half-Bliss wrote:


RevolveSama wrote:


Half-Bliss wrote:


RevolveSama wrote:

I'm grateful for my girlfriend, because without her I don't really know what's the purpose of life.


So, would you continue on if you lost her?


to be dead honest, probably not.


Even knowing there are other people out there who might appreciate your company?


Well that's just how I'm feeling right now, because I have dedicated my whole heart for her. Who knows what will happen in the future, but for now (this instant) I don't think I can live without her.
Posted 6/25/11


As it is in love, an addiction so severe, we cannot see past the next time we feed on the objects of our affections. When love break, friendships often do the same. You can survive the hurricane of a broken heart, but the wreckage (longing) will always be there, afterwards.
58498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/25/11

Half-Bliss wrote:



As it is in love, an addiction so severe, we cannot see past the next time we feed on the objects of our affections. When love break, friendships often do the same. You can survive the hurricane of a broken heart, but the wreckage (longing) will always be there, afterwards.


Amen, so I want this moment to last as long as possible, I just don't think I can handle the pain of being heart broken by someone I love this much. That's what I meant by, "I can't live without her"
Posted 6/25/11

RevolveSama wrote:


Half-Bliss wrote:



As it is in love, an addiction so severe, we cannot see past the next time we feed on the objects of our affections. When love break, friendships often do the same. You can survive the hurricane of a broken heart, but the wreckage (longing) will always be there, afterwards.


Amen, so I want this moment to last as long as possible, I just don't think I can handle the pain of being heart broken by someone I love this much. That's what I meant by, "I can't live without her"


So you'd concede through suicide instead of finding someone else to love in order to cure the pain?
Posted 6/25/11
Above all, my sexual instincts.
58498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/25/11 , edited 6/25/11


Maybe? Because I love her so much right now, that I feel if it gets broken, it will be like a spring snapping in half from stretching too far, you get really get it back to normal, meaning I will probably never forget about this experience, and will leave a deep scar in my heart and memory. So I rather just forget about it all, instead of suffering through the rest of my life with the pain on my mind.
I hope you understand what I'm talking about?
Posted 6/25/11 , edited 6/25/11


Here's the thing; broken love heals up. You would just need support from others if it took place. Yes, it leaves a scar, but with time, it fades enough to where it is nearly unnoticeable. Life will never be perfect, nor will any person you loved for some reason that couldn't be explained. All that is required is time. I say this, because I've had love go to shit on me before. It is very unpleasant. Anger leading to depression leading to a feeling of vulnerability is what you'll get, but I somehow got through it in only two days. That's right. Just two. People tend to bounce back in a week or so, others will grieve their entire lives over something they lost. You, however, might come to find new possibilities after a broken heart. Namely, a girl that feels sorry for your loss. She might do her best to soothe your torment in ways that might surprise you.
58498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/25/11

Half-Bliss wrote:



Here's the thing; broken love heals up. You would just need support from others if it took place. Yes, it leaves a scar, but with time, it fades enough to where it is nearly unnoticeable. Life will never be perfect, nor will any person you loved for some reason that couldn't be explained. All that is required is time. I say this, because I've had love go to shit on me before. It is very unpleasant. Anger leading to depression leading to a feeling of vulnerability is what you'll get, but I somehow got through it in only two days. That's right. Just two. People tend to bounce back in a week or so, others will grieve their entire lives over something they lost. You, however, might come to find new possibilities after a broken heart. Namely, a girl that feels sorry for your loss. She might do her best to soothe your torment in ways that might surprise you.


Yah I think I understand your point now, I'm not stupid enough just go suiciding over a broken heart lol, but I just don't know how I would handle the pain if I broke up with her that's all. Now you've given me advice, I think I have an idea on how to handle the situation when that day actually comes ^_^ But for now we both love each other (at least I think so) so I will just cherish this moment and drop the negative thoughts ;D
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.