Created by mwahahahaha
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
if kira from death note really existed would you support him?
342 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Black Order
Offline
Posted 6/30/11



agreed no one should have that much power

with great power comes great responsibility
32363 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / California
Offline
Posted 6/30/11

soratane wrote:


Shonen151 wrote:

Not really tyranny, he isn't asking for anything in return, he's just clearing the world of evil, so yes I would support him 100%


Tyranny - "arbitrary or unrestrained exercise of power; despotic abuse of authority."

No one should have that ability, regardless of their reasons for killing (with a notebook of all things ).


If he was killing innocents I would agree, but having people who kill,steal,rape, and give complete disregard for others, that is something I don't mind losing in this world, I'm sure people have lost loved ones to someone who kills for no reason. With less criminals there would be less of these kinds of senseless crimes. There are such things as random acts of violence and I would prefer not to lose a family or friend over something so stupid like that. I know it can be seen as a abuse of power, but like I said, it's all about opinions,
Posted 6/30/11


If he was killing innocents I would agree, but having people who kill,steal,rape, and give complete disregard for others, that is something I don't mind losing in this world, I'm sure people have lost loved ones to someone who kills for no reason. With less criminals there would be less of these kinds of senseless crimes. There are such things as random acts of violence and I would prefer not to lose a family or friend over something so stupid like that. I know it can be seen as a abuse of power, but like I said, it's all about opinions,


I'm seeing it from a neutral point, where as you're getting a little (hypothetically) emotionally-involved about it.
I see your point, I do, but I repeat: I just don't think anyone should have that power.

Besides, correct me if I'm wrong --considering I didn't watch the entire series-- wasn't Kira the antagonist?
I don't want some insane teenager loose with power to kill anyone he chooses.
Who says he's in a position to pass judgement on anyone? He's just a kid.


32363 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / California
Offline
Posted 6/30/11

soratane wrote:





I'm seeing it from a neutral point, where as you're getting a little (hypothetically) emotionally-involved about it.
I see your point, I do, but I repeat: I just don't think anyone should have that power.

Besides, correct me if I'm wrong --considering I didn't watch the entire series-- wasn't Kira the antagonist?
I don't want some insane teenager loose with power to kill anyone he chooses.
Who says he's in a position to pass judgement on anyone? He's just a kid.




I understand I am involving emotion into it which I shouldn't. Kira being the antagonist or protagonist could be argued about endlessly since it would be seen in the point of what he is doing is right or wrong. Everyone has a different sense of what justice is. Light was still in high school when he found the Death Note I believe, but he was very mature from what the anime showed, an intelligent student during school, a well supported family, and a respected father in the force. He did spend a lot of time thinking of whether he should continue or not on what he was doing. Finally he decides to pass judgment on only high class criminals which would be killed anyway, then moves on to those who's crimes aren't as well known.

23034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / boys locker room
Offline
Posted 6/30/11

Juji_chan wrote:


KleinerSkollexxx wrote:

I just think he's hot


O.O hotter then Shizu-chan?



Of course not! Nobody but Ivan Braginski is hotter than Shizu-chan.

Even the Death Note agrees, so if you right Shizu-chan's name in the Death Note, he won't die because Death Note thinks he's hot. But there's a Shizu-note somewhere out there, and if you write anybody's name in it, Izaya will die. Really, even if you write, "Seiji Yagiri", Izaya will die anyways! If you write, "Izaya", Izaya will die anyways! But if you dare write, "Shizu-chan Heiwajima", Izaya will die because it's the Shizu-note!
26952 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Texas, USA
Offline
Posted 6/30/11
I'd oppose him because he sees himself as a god. I would also destroy the Death Note just so that nobody could ever use it again.
The death note has a price upon its users anyways, so destroying it would protect more than just those whose names would be written.

Such a thing doesn't really exist though, so it hardly matters.
Posted 6/30/11
i'd support him
Posted 6/30/11 , edited 6/30/11
Oh please. The man was a narcissistic psychopath who manipulated and used everyone around him to achieve his selfish desires. He was so consumed with his goal and not being caught, that he willingly killed innocent people (not counting the actual murderers). In one episode he actually contemplated killing his sister, yet what was really sad is that his greed eventually caught up with him which (more or less) lead to the death of his own father, whom he didn't seem very concerned about dying more than he was about getting him to write down Mello's name. 

If he did exist, why on earth would anyone want to follow such a person?



1284 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 6/30/11
ill support him if most people do. i dont want to end up being his tool and then die with a heart attack
45167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Shahi City
Offline
Posted 7/1/11 , edited 7/1/11
Nope, don't see why I'd want to support an insane mass murder. How did him having the notebook and killing supposed criminals make him any better than a number of mass murdering despots from the past? Kira indiscriminately killed anyone he thought was bad regardless if they actually were or not. He killed plenty of good people that did nothing other than try and stop him, too. Beside them there is no reason to believe that a lot of other people he thought was bad actually did anything.

How often did he ever have any proof that the people he killed did anything? Very rarely from what I remember. A lot of it was just hearsay and stuff reported by people. A lot of his information, at least at one point, came off the internet. Everyone knows if it's on the net it must be true, right? Not even going to argue the morality of killing to begin with. There is a big difference between killing someone that did wrong without a doubt and killing someone because someone thinks they did something wrong, though.

Wonder how many people that say they support Kira would still do so if someone they care about got killed for no good reason. After a while he was killing a ton of people for really minor things, after all.
54331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 7/1/11

KleinerSkollexxx wrote:


Juji_chan wrote:


KleinerSkollexxx wrote:

I just think he's hot


O.O hotter then Shizu-chan?



Nobody but Ivan Braginski is hotter than Shizu-chan.





Shizu-chan > Hetalia's whole existence.
49609 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Kentucky
Offline
Posted 7/1/11
It seems that the removal of unwanted criminals would only be limited for a time. after all the murders are gone would he stop or move onto other types of criminals. He wouldn't truly change anything, but make most people afraid of messing up.
23034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / boys locker room
Offline
Posted 7/1/11 , edited 7/1/11

chrome_mist wrote:


KleinerSkollexxx wrote:


Juji_chan wrote:


KleinerSkollexxx wrote:

I just think he's hot


O.O hotter then Shizu-chan?



Nobody but Ivan Braginski is hotter than Shizu-chan.





Shizu-chan > Hetalia's whole existence.


Ivan's still hotter man just sayin'.
15153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
In your dreams...
Offline
Posted 7/1/11

Shonen151 wrote:


hyd16 wrote:


Shonen151 wrote:

Not really tyranny, he isn't asking for anything in return, he's just clearing the world of evil, so yes I would support him 100%


Even tho l love kira, doesn't he fall in the same category of the ppl he's killing, giving the fact that he is a somewhat a killer...


Well you can't really say it that way, depends on the justice system. There used to be the system of an eye for an eye, which would completely justify his actions, nowadays though that is seen as wrong so since ideals change throughout time, it's hard to tell if what he is doing is bad or not, so it comes down to opinions and my opinion is that what he is doing, is completely right.


Its basically like the movie law abiding citizen(i don't know if u saw it before) but the guy takes the law into his own hands as well... But i understand what u're saying.
24310 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/1/11
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.