First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
What is faith?
10834 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 11/14/06

thepen1832 wrote:
Really i dont belive we as humans need faith. All faith does is always lead to morders and wars. People live for there faith and kill for there faith.


I kind of agree. Faith in a religion can be a very good thing to have. Believing in a "God" CAN make you a better person in the world. Of course it can have the oppisite effect and turn you into a fanatic who thinks that everyone should believe in your religion or die.

Why do humans have this innate belief in God/s? Probably because on the grand scale of things in the universe we live VERY short lives. Are they insignificant? I would say for the most part yes. So when you think about that you might say "So why are we here?". It's a pretty depressing thought. When you read the Bible it tries to convey that God loves you, and you ARE significant in his eyes. So is it a escape from reality? Does this God really exist? I'm not to sure if I believe in God myself. I guess you could say im "lukewarm".


Haha, looks like I've just been rambling on. I gotta get back to my report now!
8312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 11/14/06
no, now religion is widely practiced. but thats because you were brought up to believe, correct?
but if you had no idea religion existed, it would probably never cross you mind that a Higher Something existed

and heres a neat question
if you werent brought up into the religion your family is, would you still worship what you do now?
or what you think is the "right religion"?
3829 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / rawr...
Offline
Posted 11/14/06
i think we believe things like this so we have some form of comfort when things get rough. it's like having a cushion to fall onto.
3779 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 11/14/06
umm.. i explain it in a christian way, so God created human from his likeness right? and based from the book i read, only God can satisfy our hunger of true happiness and love. so there is this something in ourselves that we are searching for something, like example even before christ was known to the whole world, tribesmen had gods for their own, because they are looking for someone who's greater than them that could save them or protect them from harm.


anyway, faith is something you strongly believe. i guess?
10834 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 11/14/06
Would I still worship? I don't really worship God. Like I said I'm "lukewarm" on the subject.

The right religion changes per person. If that religion makes you a better person in this world then go for it.

I just hate the thought that all religion is basicly "Blind Faith". There's no proof. You believe in something you apparently can't understand and never will. If this so called God wants us to believe in him why doesn't he show us proof? Sorry, but the Bible is hardly proof just because a hundred or so authors wrote it. If he really didn't want us to go to hell why not show us miracles? Does he really want only people who will believe in him blindingly? If so that's a pretty fucked up reason. Then they say even if God came to earth you wouldn't be able to understand his "Glory". How the hell do they know? If no ones ever seen God how can you say we wont understand it? err rambling again =P. Back on the topic of faith!

Like I've said before. Faith can be both a good thing and bad thing. Is it needed? Yes, because having faith in something doesn't mean you believe in a religion. You can have a great deal of faith in a person. Faith can give you hope. Faith can help you move on in your life. Faith can make you rich. Faith can help you find that special person.
Ronin
95035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / California
Offline
Posted 11/14/06

punkfilter wrote:
but if you had no idea religion existed, it would probably never cross you mind that a Higher Something existed


Most people naturally believe in a higher power because that is the only way they can explain where we came from. Though more and more people are becoming atheists and agnostics with the dawn of the communication age.
3779 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 11/14/06
agree with yah Azezeil.. it doesn't have to be specifically a religion, just something that will keep you to move forward or inspire you in this damn hell.
Ronin
95035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / California
Offline
Posted 11/14/06

moomoo wrote:

if mine was closed y not this one ><


People like Gev more than you and everyone knows that the popular kids get to do what they want.
1057 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / australia
Offline
Posted 11/15/06
i believe in god and life after death and all that gods tells us to try to fix it ourselves before always going to him and if we can't do it then we should ask him for a help out it's not to ease my life or whatever about dying i have no fear of death not coz i believe in life after death it's just simply because i don't really care at all i'm either dead or alive hurt or fine it's all the same to me and it's all good to me but i know god is alive having a form of higher power or god or whatever that some people have just helps them to be better people because they just need something to help show them the way an example say all your friends jump off a bridge you go and do it to coz you don't know any better god comes along and is like thats just stupid don't do that go and eat a peice of cake instead which are you gonna choose
Posted 11/15/06

devils_rival wrote:

i believe in god and life after death and all that gods tells us to try to fix it ourselves before always going to him and if we can't do it then we should ask him for a help out it's not to ease my life or whatever about dying i have no fear of death not coz i believe in life after death it's just simply because i don't really care at all i'm either dead or alive hurt or fine it's all the same to me and it's all good to me but i know god is alive having a form of higher power or god or whatever that some people have just helps them to be better people because they just need something to help show them the way an example say all your friends jump off a bridge you go and do it to coz you don't know any better god comes along and is like thats just stupid don't do that go and eat a peice of cake instead which are you gonna choose


I cant read things without punctuation. It all just blurs together.
46535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/15/06
Jsu
1929 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Succesfully kille...
Offline
Posted 11/15/06

BasouKazuma wrote:


moomoo wrote:

if mine was closed y not this one ><


People like Gev more than you and everyone knows that the popular kids get to do what they want.



Haha, that is so true, that is why i hate them! lol.
1546 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / Martian / Estonia
Offline
Posted 11/15/06
Well faith has many definitions, such as:

- confidence or trust in a person or thing.
- belief that is not based on proof.
- belief in a god or in the doctrines or teachings of a religion:
- belief in anything, as a code of ethics, standards of merit, etc.
- a system of religious belief.
- the obligation of loyalty or fidelity to a person, promise, engagement, etc.

Now that thats setteld lets get back to the important issue and WATCH ANIME!
475 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / PARTS UNKNOWN
Offline
Posted 11/15/06
i think faith is a simple part of the human phsyche, to be honest its simply a mental crutch, blissful ignorance. It exists purely to give those with no meaning, molding useless people into servants of a particular ideal
37756 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / アメリカ
Offline
Posted 11/15/06
i think dusty jus had a revelation
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.